フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Blm Gear Advice
Blm Gear Advice
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-24 12:10:20  
I could see them as a ws piece for drk if they really had nothing better...
 Hades.Bez
サーバ: Hades
user: BezHades
By Hades.Bez 2010-02-24 12:18:34  
Epic MND Build for Scourge? gg Ragnarofl.
 Hades.Lumei
user: Lumei
By Hades.Lumei 2010-02-24 12:22:56  
WEAR JET AND SUB THF FOR SATA FREEZE 2 :D
 Caitsith.Himsa
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Himsa
By Caitsith.Himsa 2010-02-24 12:23:38  
get full ele and enfeeb merits, capped ice/thunder related merits, and if you can INT+5. Merits go alot further than gear

then focus on enfeeb gear first. The difference in damage from the best blm in the game to a decent blm is so minuscule that optimizing your nuking gear is really not top priority unless you're rich, or blm is your only job.
 Hades.Bez
By Hades.Bez 2010-02-24 12:23:52  
/SAM for Hasso and +5STR, gimp
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-24 12:26:40  
Caitsith.Himsa said:
The difference in damage from the best blm in the game to a decent blm is so minuscule that optimizing your nuking gear is really not top priority unless you're rich, or blm is your only job.
Not really. I do alot more dmg then pretty much any blm I play with. And that was before my more recent upgrades... like novio.
 Caitsith.Himsa
By Caitsith.Himsa 2010-02-24 12:34:37  
I assume that item was out of reach for the original guy that posted, didn't read all 5 pages. Also, maybe on puddings you notice a huge difference. On jailers, gods, ouryu, etc.. you're likely going to be wearing elemental gear if you don't have the luxury of a cor, which would make your nukes closer to those with less impressive gear.
 Caitsith.Himsa
By Caitsith.Himsa 2010-02-24 12:35:30  
aka focus on enfeeb
 Hades.Bez
By Hades.Bez 2010-02-24 12:36:04  
The gap between pimped out BLM and NQ BLM is so much larger than any other job on higher levelled mobs. Even a competely fail SAM wont be doing a third/quarter of the damage over time compared to a tricked out SAM, which has been known to happen in some of the BLM parties I've been in.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-24 12:37:12  
Wait I totally forgot why -dex and str is so important in idling on blm. It's so you can get tp faster to do this with only 198 staff skill...

Hades.Lumei
By Hades.Lumei 2010-02-24 12:37:47  

Take your pick. I made them just for you <3
[+]
 Caitsith.Himsa
By Caitsith.Himsa 2010-02-24 12:40:02  
oops, haha, but yeah jet seraweels suck, I think we can all agree on that!
 Hades.Bez
By Hades.Bez 2010-02-24 12:44:56  
A Pimp BLM will be able to leave on much more MAB gear in their Skill build and reach target dINT in much fewer slots. That is even if you spot the lesser BLM enough skill gear/merits to FLOOR resists on Jailers, in itself a semi-difficult build, to make it "fair".

Seriously, if you're making 320/330 and can still leave on both Novio/Moldy/Sorc Ring, you're going to murder someone who has to makeup 320/330 Skill by dropping MAB slots.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-24 12:45:23  
Caitsith.Himsa said:
I assume that item was out of reach for the original guy that posted, didn't read all 5 pages. Also, maybe on puddings you notice a huge difference. On jailers, gods, ouryu, etc.. you're likely going to be wearing elemental gear if you don't have the luxury of a cor, which would make your nukes closer to those with less impressive gear.
It only looks that way. The amount difference will be smaller sure but the precent difference will still be pretty big. I'll take my only 100 dmg more on a nuke that is doing 400 dmg lol

I mean I really don't have to add much to take my normal full dmg set to a decent skill set. My normal full dmg set at higher than 50% mp on ice nukes puts me at 307 skill, 131 int, 2 macc and 77MAB including traits/merits no food.

Just switching in an elemental torque and eating food will actually make that dmg a little higher and put me at slightly higher macc then an exactly 320/120 set. I'd like to see a ok blm reach that while still in pretty much full dmg gear. Now imagine if I had 5/5 morri. Or hell any morri... especially hands/legs

Besides dipping a little below isn't gunna make a huge difference on your resist rates and in fact if you are putting alot of dmg on will actually increase your dmg. Also if you are say MBing your macc goes way up unless you are a lol blm
 Hades.Bez
By Hades.Bez 2010-02-24 12:55:14  
Also.. SERAWEEEEEEEEEELS. The one and only issue that the endgame BLM community has a unanimous oppinion on. XD
 Seraph.Gael
サーバ: Seraph
user: Gael
By Seraph.Gael 2010-02-24 13:02:51  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
No one cares about str or dex on a mage. Alot of the endgame mobs will cap fstr and acc on you unless you really really gear to it. I mean you could go into how errant has more def...

You can disagree but not take your choice for a generality. I have not specified STR or DEX, i said some ppl dont like have negative stat. I agree this stat are useless for mages, we just prefere to dont have negative stats, is it hard to understand ?

Ramuh.Dasva said:
the real point is jet seraweels cost about the same as mahatma legs which are clearly superior in everyway for a mage

"clearly superior" ? again it's your point of view, for me, 15 MP instead +1 INT is not "clearly superior", just a different choice...
It's amazing to see how some ppl imagine their choice like the only possible choice, and reject all others...

I lol'd when i saw the trolls and the "The one and only issue that the endgame BLM community has a unanimous oppinion on", a end game community made by 3-4 peoples lol.
That just prove your are more INT in game that in real life...
 Hades.Lumei
By Hades.Lumei 2010-02-24 13:07:43  
8 > 7

You know why 6 is a afraid of 7?

Because 7 8 9
[+]
 Hades.Bez
By Hades.Bez 2010-02-24 13:08:33  
Unless 15MP is letting you get out an extra nuke over Mahatmas from a Full MP pool,no , not really. Even then... there are better "rest in extra MP for initial buffs" legs than Jets.
[+]
 Seraph.Gael
By Seraph.Gael 2010-02-24 13:13:57  
Hades.Bez said:
Unless 15MP is letting you get out an extra nuke over Mahatmas from a Full MP pool,no , not really. Even then... there are better "rest in extra MP for initial buffs" legs than Jets.

Aspir = 10 mp, a good aspir will give you +100 mp so kida yes, you have +1 nuke potentially.

And btw if i fallow your logic +1 INT will kill a mob or add so much damage ?

Again you take your choice, and reject all others...
[+]
 Hades.Bez
By Hades.Bez 2010-02-24 13:19:32  
Hell I could get the full Dalmatica Set and throw an Extra Blizzard IV while wearing it all before changing to proper nuke gear......I'd totally do more damage sitting on my *** resting back that extra MP for a gimped nuke, while the poor Mahats guy is already HMPed to full and stood back up nuking.

In fact... even if Jets DID give you one more nuke from full MP, you could change to Mahatma after the first nuke and get better results overall.

I honestly don't see why I should feel inferior intellectualy by someone who thinks 7 is a higher number than 8.... Not that you couldnt Augment MP/Even more INT/MAB onto errant/mahats regardless, if it REALLY bothers you that much. Would most likely spend less money than Seraweels doing it.
 Hades.Lumei
By Hades.Lumei 2010-02-24 13:19:47  

HAY GAIZ AM I DOIN IT RITE?!
 Seraph.Gael
By Seraph.Gael 2010-02-24 13:35:44  
Hades.Bez said:
Hell I could get the full Dalmatica Set and throw an Extra Blizzard IV while wearing it all before changing to proper nuke gear......I'd totally do more damage sitting on my *** resting back that extra MP for a gimped nuke, while the poor Mahats guy is already HMPed to full and stood back up nuking.

I like fake arguments like that. You come, you say errant/mahatma is sooooooooooooooooooo more powerful than a jet saraweel, and you troll on it 2 pages (btw thanks lumei to confirm you are an idiot like i said it in my last posts), and you try to justify your choice on errant/mahatmat while i say you there are ppl who want an alternative.

I asked you if you really think +1 INT will do so much damage and justify your intolerance with the choices of others ? Read me again, i never say "this is better than this" (unlike you), just "there is this, and there is this which is a different option"
Hades.Bez said:
In fact... even if Jets DID give you one more nuke from full MP, you could change to Mahatma after the first nuke and get better results overall.

So why it's so hard to admit an other point of view ? noone ask you to equip a jet...
And again, i dont try to compare it, i just say since the first msg that some ppl doesn't like negative stat... and that your hostility against his legs is not justified
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-02-24 13:46:33  
What is the best 320/120 set for Elvaan BLM without any salvage gear or INT merits?

This is what I've came up with, keep in mind I would have to be /rdm eating cream puffs and +6 int augment on weskit:

So far the highest augment I have gotten is +2 int, novio, sorc belt, and prudence torque are going to be missing for awhile. What changes could I make that won't gimp my dmg, but will still floor resist rates?
 Hades.Lumei
By Hades.Lumei 2010-02-24 13:49:15  
Swap Prudence for Elemental Torque, then AF+1 hands for Zmitts me thinks, and Yigit feet.
 Hades.Bez
By Hades.Bez 2010-02-24 13:53:19  
I'm not the one arguing against the fact that +8INT is more MACC/Damage than +7. I do acknowledge your point of view, it's also my prerogative to inform you how to better your gearset, I'm not one to just "lolseraweels".

I have pointed out that every advantage you proclaim to be the boon of Seraweels over Mahatma, is in fact irrelevant to the playstyle of the job, you are, in fact, the one burying your head inside your 300k Errant Slops refusing to see any point of view but your own.

I have acknowledged your points about why Seraweels are "better" and counterpointed them. Your response to this is to ignore everything I have explained to you.

Unless your arguement is, in fact, that 7 INT is actually a secret inflection point in the game engine where it becomes a greater contribution to overall Magic Accuracy and Attack than 8. Please do explain my flaw on the whole 8 > 7 issue, as I kindly took the time to explain the flaws in yours.

I would understand the "alternative to Mahatma's" arguement, if they were much cheaper, I really would. I can sympathise with people who can't afford things. But when they are similarly prices across all servers, they are not a budget alternative, more a flourescent neon "I have gil but don't know how BLM works" sign.
 Bismarck.Lighttaru
サーバ: Bismarck
user: lighttaru
By Bismarck.Lighttaru 2010-02-24 13:54:20  
Seraph.Gael said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
No one cares about str or dex on a mage. Alot of the endgame mobs will cap fstr and acc on you unless you really really gear to it. I mean you could go into how errant has more def...

You can disagree but not take your choice for a generality. I have not specified STR or DEX, i said some ppl dont like have negative stat. I agree this stat are useless for mages, we just prefere to dont have negative stats, is it hard to understand ?
like dasva said: no freaking mage care about having dex or str- on there gear unless ur doing campaign.
Seraph.Gael said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
the real point is jet seraweels cost about the same as mahatma legs which are clearly superior in everyway for a mage

"clearly superior" ? again it's your point of view, for me, 15 MP instead 1 INT is not "clearly superior", just a different choice...
It's amazing to see how some ppl imagine their choice like the only possible choice, and reject all others...
clearly superior i doubt specially since FOV came out so both jets n mahatma could probly b beat with a augment errant but every1 know how SE fail on that so in the end its all about how much u can spend
Seraph.Gael said:
(btw thanks lumei to confirm you are an idiot like i said it in my last posts)
lmao i think he/she was just trying to piss u off n u fell for it so dunno who the idiot now
 Hades.Bez
By Hades.Bez 2010-02-24 13:55:16  
To the above gearset~ Nashira Crackows in feet slot, outright BROKEN for a 320 Build. Also lets you use MKE Head, if you have it, 4 INT/2MACC/ATK
 Seraph.Gael
By Seraph.Gael 2010-02-24 14:03:37  
Bismarck.Lighttaru said:
like dasva said: no freaking mage care about having dex or str- on there gear unless ur doing campaign.

So if you are so intelligent, you can say me why ppl buy this legs ? It's not an invention of my part, when i say there are ppl who dont like negative stat... All (good) blm and rdm i know on seraph took this legs for this reason. Not because its dex or str (or vit), just because they dont like have a negative stat... Just admit it >_>

Seraph.Gael said:
lmao i think he/she was just trying to piss u off n u fell for it so dunno who the idiot now

You saw me annoyed anywhere ? i just answered to the fake arguments i saw...

--------------------

@ Blindphleb : 66 INT naked ? you will maybe need to sacrifice your sorcerer ring to add a omega ring or a INT ring.
I vote for Nashira Crackows too to help you ^^
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-24 14:13:52  
Goliard > Nashira in a resist set when you still have a 1:1 INT:MACC relationship. You're sacrificing 1 MACC for 4 INT in damage, this should be a no brainer. If it's a 2:1 relationship (dINT > 10 or as it may be, >15), Nashira are superior. I favor Goliard, but I have no INT merits and am a Hume.

The people who use Jet Seraweels either erroneously believe max MP is worth anything or idle in that piece rather than idling in something useful like Goliard, ASA pants, or even Igqira Lappas. That is all.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7