Mog Wardrobe 3 & 4 Announced With A Fee.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Mog Wardrobe 3 & 4 announced with a fee.
Mog Wardrobe 3 & 4 announced with a fee.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 17 18 19
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-30 06:29:24  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Lol RK is not a cash grab? It's a game that preys on addiction.
Thats kinda why i said Meh, it can be. Depends on your view on it
 Phoenix.Morier
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-06-30 06:33:00  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
FFRK isn't a cash grab whatsoever. You can play that came to near full effect without ever paying a dime. You only pay if you go OCD to min/max every char, but I mean, there's no PvP and no impossible content (afaik) that requires absolutely crazy gear. There's also no advertisements, it's one of the best mobile games I've ever seen when it comes to "obviously not a money grab".

Good mobile games are not designed to be made in a way that requires you to absolutely spend money. They are designed to prey on emotional flaws such as gambling addition and "I want this now" syndrome. FFRK does this in spades, more people pay $100-1000 on banners that they want their waifu's sword from than you think.

I don't doubt that really, however there's a massive difference in how much enjoyment I get out of different games where you have:

A) No advertisements, no blocks on progression, pay for extra gear or to play for longer periods of time only.

B) Flashing advertisement on a major section of the game, constant mentions of replenishing stamina everywhere, barely enough stamina to do anything, pay to unlock x, y, z, and a, b and c, etc. that I've seen in the "most downloaded" games I've decided to give a try.

Obviously, but we're talking about these games making money and how they do it, not the personal enjoyment of, say, Sim City Mobile vs. Record Keeper. Record Keeper earns SE money hand over fist, and it isn't just because of the way the game is designed. It's because of the way they have designed their gacha. All gachapon style games work this way to varying degrees and most of them successfully make exponentially more money than they would ever cost in terms of development assets.

This is the same principle as what is happening with XI, except on a different rail. The cost of maintaining and developing XI is low, the profit margin is still high, and they're increasing those profits using underhanded tactics designed to take advantage of the consumer by offering a service that has already been paid for.

Do you really think it cost them enough money to add two new Mog Wardrobes that they will need $2/mo for every new Mog Wardrobe put on a character in-game to pay off those debts?

Do you truly believe that the money from these services will be going toward making XI better and improving player experience rather than funding the next big cash cow?

Mobile games are made as money batteries. They cost minute amounts to develop and pay in dividends. They do this by preying on human instabilities and tendencies. Once the whales dry up in RK, deNA will cut it. They have done it dozens of times in dozens of gacha games before. Then they'll release a new one and the cycle begins anew.

I said it before: these companies do not care about you or your enjoyment. They only care about having your credit card details.
All you are saying is your assumptions are better than others assumptions. Meaningless.
 Valefor.Omnys
サーバ: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-06-30 06:34:44  
Well, like with mules, the additional empty boxes boxes being downloaded upon zoning will not have a noticeable impact on load time (literally, it's nothin but a nearly empty subtable).

You can see this comparing your character's loading item (to the point where all items are loaded) vs the loading time of a mostly empty mule.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-30 06:35:50  
Phoenix.Morier said: »
All you are saying is your assumptions are better than others assumptions. Meaningless.

Yeah. Financial records, corporate patterns, and social tendencies are all just fabrications in my mind.

XI is totally receiving the same level of financial and development support as it was in 2005 and SE is definitely going to be bumping it up so that more content and more things come out because a few people decide to pay $2 extra a month on something whose revenue will be diverted into another branch of the company.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jutubyaa
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: KiloWatt
By Lakshmi.Jutubyaa 2016-06-30 06:38:22  
geigei said: »
I'm gonna probably pay for third since 2 wont cover blm+blu, funny how ppl begged for more wardrobe and now that SE give this option fairly cheap imo, people rage quit...you wont be missed thats for sure.

Sounds like you're missing him already.
[+]
 Asura.Foreverj
サーバ: Asura
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-06-30 06:38:50  
Wow for some optional stuff that cost 2 extra a month there's 5 pages of debate in 1 night lol

My take is more inventory means I can play more jobs. My bst was the odd job out since I stash several jobs in my inventory already. I can't stand looking for stuff to put back n forth. Now maybe I can play some bst again and with the update to 2 hander I can also play that if its good buff.

For an extra 2 dollars a month I can just deactivate 2 mules or something. It's good to have options.
[+]
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-06-30 06:38:51  

Yeah. Financial records, corporate patterns, and social tendencies are all just fabrications in my mind.
What financial records do you have of them spending the wardrobe money on other games? None? OK. As I said, assumption.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-06-30 06:41:49  
Candlejack said: »
I have no real dog in the race, but the way I see it, we pay at the least, $12 a month for a basic FFXI account, yes? As in, one character, with all the standard trimmings which includes access to the most basic MH which can be expanded through various in-game currencies or quests.

Back when I was still playing, we had access to Mog Wardrobe 1, for free. We had to do a quest series to expand the basic gobbie-bag to eighty slots, had to do a quest to expand MH storage, had to buy and install furnishings into the MH which seemed like a quest in and of itself, had to pay an NPC using imperial bronze pieces in Whitegate to add the Mog Locker and keep that open, had to buy porter mog slips which, again, felt like a quest in and of itself.

That said, it seems odd to me that, after going so long letting us expand our in-game storage via quests or in-game currency exchange, to suddenly say "Oh, now you have to pay more" years later, without at least trimming the amount for the basic subscription fee down a couple bucks or making the game itself F2P with certain services, such as expanded storage, turned into a premium service that you can pay for if you want it.
What about the storage that you only got if you bought security token?
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-30 06:44:55  

What financial records do you have of them spending the wardrobe money on other games? None? OK. As I said, assumption.

Once again how about we take precedent and existing records to show where money is going and where it is coming from. The amount of money that MMOs make does not come even remotely close to the amount of money that is spent on those MMOs. Meanwhile, games such as Final Fantasy XV have immense rivers of money being poured into them despite turning little to no profits on their own since they are as of yet unreleased. A lot of this money comes from existing profitable ventures, Xi, XIV, DHO, Record Keeper, etc.

We were also told that cash shop earnings from XIV would be going in to making XIV better and developing more higher quality content. Yeah, that totally happened right?

Your assumption that SE is going to somehow value your investment more now just because you're paying $2 more for something that you were paying $12.95 for for over a decade is blindly optimistic at best and nonsensical at the worst.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Imoq
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2016-06-30 06:46:05  
I can't believe I made it to the last page of the thread. I AM GOING TO QUIT! (but just the thread, it's terrible how people like to complain about EVERYTHING!).
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2016-06-30 06:47:37  
Before Ladyofhonor moved to Asura last year, he was on Shiva since around launch, and in that entire time he only ever played THF. One job. For like 10+ years.

You've upped your repertoire to THF, COR, and RUN since your transfer. So now you can play 3 jobs! I have 14 jobs geared well enough to play in modern day content. You have no concept of struggling for inventory. You're not going to buy more wardrobes, because you don't need them. This cashgrab doesn't affect you. You ain't got a dog in this fight.

Anyway, LOL, this is a fuct up move on SE's part.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2016-06-30 06:49:40  

Seriously.
People don't play stock markets and financial projections being a thing because they have a copypasted value to look back on.
They do all that because of the bolded above.
It's part economics 101 and part sociology 101.

EDIT: dang. 4 posts since writing this. this thread is blowing up.
[+]
By ibm2431 2016-06-30 06:49:42  

Keep in mind that was a one-time purchase of an actual physical good. My two have been sitting on my desk for years. You paid $10 once for a physical item to keep your account secure. SE just incentivized people to purchase this item by adding the Satchel to it.

I'd see a "there's precedence for this" argument if it was a $10 fee for just activating the Satchel. But we were really purchasing the token.
[+]
By Draylo 2016-06-30 06:50:01  
Wow this is pretty horrifying. Now the terrible cash shop from XIV is coming over to XI... It won't be long before we see mounts and trusts or something in there, especially if they are charging for something like this. What a shame that they try to milk their very loyal playerbase by doing this.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-06-30 06:51:10  
If XI were in a healthier state, I'd be all aboard the maybe train and might even get to the destination.

But we're getting tons of recycled content and that's because se knows we're suckers for the sentimentality of Airship or Fenrir being hard again. They know our psychology. "Guys, it's Byakko! <33333"

The other thing we're getting is the most half-assed battle content I've seen in any mmo. It's literally, quite-literally, designed to be spammed until you just can't stand to do it any more.

Draylo said: »
... It won't be long before we see mounts and trusts or something...

6 pages deep and I think you're the first to mention trusts, but geez you're right. "This trust turns the mob away from other trusts and turns around from gaze attacks".
[+]
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-06-30 06:51:17  

Once again how about we take precedent and existing records to show where money is going and where it is coming from. The amount of money that MMOs make does not come even remotely close to the amount of money that is spent on those MMOs. Meanwhile, games such as Final Fantasy XV have immense rivers of money being poured into them despite turning little to no profits on their own since they are as of yet unreleased. A lot of this money comes from existing profitable ventures, Xi, XIV, DHO, Record Keeper, etc.

We were also told that cash shop earnings from XIV would be going in to making XIV better and developing more higher quality content. Yeah, that totally happened right?

Your assumption that SE is going to somehow value your investment more now just because you're paying $2 more for something that you were paying $12.95 for for over a decade is blindly optimistic at best and nonsensical at the worst.
STILL ASSUMPTIONS LOL.
 Lakshmi.Jutubyaa
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: KiloWatt
By Lakshmi.Jutubyaa 2016-06-30 06:52:00  
Wow this is pretty horrifying. Now the terrible cash shop from XIV is coming over to XI... It won't be long before we see mounts and trusts or something in there, especially if they are charging for something like this. What a shame that they try to milk their very loyal playerbase by doing this.

Charging for trusts wouldn't shock me. The AA trusts have been in the game for a while now and haven't been released.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-30 06:52:12  
ibm2431 said: »

Keep in mind that was a one-time purchase of an actual physical good. My two have been sitting on my desk for years. You paid $10 once for a physical item to keep your account secure. SE just incentivized people to purchase this item by adding the Satchel to it.

I'd see a "there's precedence for this" argument if it was a $10 fee for just activating the Satchel. But we were really purchasing the token.

dont they give them away for free for linking the free software token as well?
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-30 06:53:02  

STILL ASSUMPTIONS LOL.

Yeah, anyway, unless you have a reasonable argument based on fact to come at me with I'm not wasting my time on you anymore. It's ok that you don't understand economics, we have people that you can pay to do that for you.
[+]
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-06-30 06:53:49  
ibm2431 said: »

He said it was a new thing. It isnt. Not to mention you could delete a mule or 2 and have the space on you. Pay the same price.
By DanielH 2016-06-30 06:54:49  
I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for more storage, but $2.00, I'll pass, I suppose the argument is it's for EVERY character, but most accounts additional characters are just mules anyway.
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-06-30 06:55:43  

STILL ASSUMPTIONS LOL.

Yeah, anyway, unless you have a reasonable argument based on fact to come at me with I'm not wasting my time on you anymore. It's ok that you don't understand economics, we have people that you can pay to do that for you.
Unless you have some facts about where the money that has not been spent yet has went, then I am done with you, Mr. assumption.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-30 06:59:54  
Shiva.Shruiken said: »
Before Ladyofhonor moved to Asura last year, he was on Shiva since around launch, and in that entire time he only ever played THF. One job. For like 10+ years.

You've upped your repertoire to THF, COR, and RUN since your transfer. So now you can play 3 jobs! I have 14 jobs geared well enough to play in modern day content. You have no concept of struggling for inventory. You're not going to buy more wardrobes, because you don't need them. This cashgrab doesn't affect you. You ain't got a dog in this fight.

Anyway, LOL, this is a fuct up move on SE's part.

So you have 14 jobs geared, with wardrobe 1 and 2, but somehow 3 and 4 being released is a big issue for you?
By Draylo 2016-06-30 07:00:01  
My only hope is a portion of this money goes into improving XI or keeping it going longer. I guess that would be the only positive but most people hate spending extra a month so they probably lose a lot while they're gaining.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2016-06-30 07:02:19  
Lakshmi.Jutubyaa said: »

Charging for trusts wouldn't shock me. The AA trusts have been in the game for a while now and haven't been released.

I was hoping they'd come from a quest that's linked to Rhapsodies....
But....
It's quite possible you're right.
I hope not.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-30 07:06:47  
For a small fee of 3.99 a month I'll let guys on FFXIAH play my account for me. Its only 3.99 a month !
 Siren.Leocon
サーバ: Siren
user: Leocon
By Siren.Leocon 2016-06-30 07:07:34  
If nothing else the immediate response from the community is slightly nostalgic. Granted I'm a lurker at best, but I haven't seen a FFXI-related thread blow up this fast in a while heh.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-06-30 07:08:22  
How much to use your ffxiah account fonewear?

Siren.Leocon said: »
If nothing else the immediate response from the community is slightly nostalgic. Granted I'm a lurker at best, but I haven't seen a FFXI-related thread blow up this fast in a while heh.

The RME uprising I think.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 17 18 19