Mog Wardrobe 3 & 4 Announced With A Fee.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Mog Wardrobe 3 & 4 announced with a fee.
Mog Wardrobe 3 & 4 announced with a fee.
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19
By ibm2431 2016-06-30 04:17:36  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Asura.Deijixfx said: »
Because nobody ever geared a job for personal fun rather than pure party involvement >.>

Then this is purely a qualify of life situation, not something that alters gameplay. Which is well within the acceptable realm of pay to play.

Gearing up and playing a job for fun is quite literally the definition of gameplay.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-30 04:19:04  
ibm2431 said: »
Because nobody ever geared a job for personal fun rather than pure party involvement >.>

Then this is purely a qualify of life situation, not something that alters gameplay. Which is well within the acceptable realm of pay to play.

Gearing up and playing a job for fun is quite literally the definition of gameplay.

Can you not gear and play a job for fun now?

And if not, why are you playing this game, exactly...?
 Kujata.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Kujata
By Kujata.Prothescar 2016-06-30 04:19:11  
We all said it was no big deal for xiv too, but now they want to add dsily/weekly reset potions and level boosters. White Knight all you guys want but locking gameplay features behind additional fees in a strictly pay to play (and a fairly expensive one at that in relation to others) game is not good for anyone, rationalization or not.
[+]
By Afania 2016-06-30 04:22:48  
Afania said: »
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
I mean most peoples biggest qualm still is their inventory.
Im 100% OK with Cosmetics. I truly am.
But when it's something that actually impacts game-play. Not so much.

This doesn't impact gameplay, this simply makes life easier for people with multiple jobs. If you're a life long THF this will not in ANY way give you an advantage over someone else. But maybe now that life long THF can play a PLD without using their mog storage.

Actually it does affect player performance. Some people has to use subpar or universal gears that could be used on other jobs just to save inventory. With wardrobe 3 and 4 there are more inv to carry more optimized sets.

I have multiple people in my LS who can play jobs that utilize practically 0 overlapping gear to near-optimum abilities(Like say Ruaumoko who can jump between DRG, RUN, WHM and GEO). To do this they have to jump into the mog house and swap all their gear around, sure. But I bet you he's able to rival almost any single jobber in effectiveness in those jobs.

This is a quality of life fee, you can work around it fully well if you really don't want to pay $2/month for the most cost effective entertainment in the first world, but it is by no means going to be the difference between someone getting a clear for an aeonic and never being able to do so.

If your goal is to have a job perform decent enough to beat the content then yes, you don't need it. You can be a decent DD, mage and get aeonic win if you use inv effectly.

If your goal is to absolutely min max everything on 4+ jobs in different category I just don't see how you could have enough inv.

For example I definitely used more than 160 gears on COR atm, just main hand weapon that I use actively took 10 slots, and I have plans to get 1 more blurred +1 and high racc dagger. I also use 6 different guns actively and still working on 7th(refresh doomsday).

Add all that massive amount of tp, ws and macc gears, and some gears I haven't finish yet, such as cure potency gears, phalanx and stoneskin set, different idle sets for regen, refresh, dt, cursna set for sub whm, it's probably going to break 200. Now apply that to 5 more jobs in different category and you're not getting enough inv.

Can you beat aeonic without any of those gears? Yes, realistically cor only need empy feet, dt- and roll set to get aeonics, but that's not min maxing. Same goes for whm, you can skip sets like nuke or melee sets or whatever sets thats not being used in endgame, and still get an aeonic, but that's not min maxing either.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-06-30 04:25:09  
I dont mind paying for this service, but i think its a bother it isnt a purchase but a service with monthly fee. That means if you happen to not to pay that for a month, your stuffs will be suddenly blocked.

Imagine hitting a macro with a gear in mog wardrobe blocked and receive a link redirecting you to your playonline account.

Also, this service seems more like a test for upcoming paid change. Ibf4 SE starts selling items or even gil. Though selling those would be more reasonable than selling mog wardrobe.
[+]
By Afania 2016-06-30 04:25:19  

That is part of gameplay. MB holy is serious business. And you gonna pay for it.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-30 04:30:45  

This doesn't impact gameplay, this simply makes life easier for people with multiple jobs. If you're a life long THF this will not in ANY way give you an advantage over someone else. But maybe now that life long THF can play a PLD without using their mog storage.

Actually it does affect player performance. Some people has to use subpar or universal gears that could be used on other jobs just to save inventory. With wardrobe 3 and 4 there are more inv to carry more optimized sets.

I have multiple people in my LS who can play jobs that utilize practically 0 overlapping gear to near-optimum abilities(Like say Ruaumoko who can jump between DRG, RUN, WHM and GEO). To do this they have to jump into the mog house and swap all their gear around, sure. But I bet you he's able to rival almost any single jobber in effectiveness in those jobs.

This is a quality of life fee, you can work around it fully well if you really don't want to pay $2/month for the most cost effective entertainment in the first world, but it is by no means going to be the difference between someone getting a clear for an aeonic and never being able to do so.

If your goal is to have a job perform decent enough to beat the content then yes, you don't need it. You can be a decent DD, mage and get aeonic win if you use inv effectly.

If your goal is to absolutely min max everything on 4+ jobs in different category I just don't see how you could have enough inv.

For example I definitely used more than 160 gears on COR atm, just main hand weapon that I use actively took 10 slots, and I have plans to get 1 more blurred +1 and high racc dagger. I also used 6 different guns and still working on 7th(refresh doomsday).

Add all that massive amount of tp, ws and macc gears, and some gears I haven't finish yet, such as cure potency gears, phalanx and stoneskin set, different idle sets for regen, refresh, dt, cursna set for sub whm, it's probably going to break 200. Now apply that to 5 more jobs in different category and you're not getting enough inv.

Can you beat aeonic without any of those gears? Yes, realistically cor only need empy feet, dt- and roll set to get aeonics, but that's not min maxing. Same goes for whm, you can skip sets like nuke or melee sets or whatever sets thats not being used in endgame, and still get an aeonic, but that's not min maxing either.

7 Guns? Going to want to know how you're going about that. I use 1 (since I only have Arma and that beats out any other gun until I get DP/Fomal) and I can see keeping a Compensator around for rolls, although that has almost no actual practical usage (seriously how long is a fight lasting for those extra few seconds specifically).

I have my COR decently min/max'd, just don't have mage sub min/max since that's so rarely how I play COR and I can fit my gear in far less than 200. My entire set is wardrobes both full, satchel full (if I'm on THF) and satchel around 45-55 with 30-50 in my inventory if on COR or RUN. And I doubt you have much of a gear advantage over me.

And...I also completely utilizing any of my mog house for gear I actively use on any jobs. So if I wanted to min/max to the degree you do, I could simply keep some of my off-job gear in storage/mog safe 2 and do exactly what you do.

It's absolutely a quality of life service.
By Odinz 2016-06-30 04:37:09  
I support this and any other ways for SE to generate more revenue from FFXI, to reinvest into FFXI.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-30 04:40:22  
Sorry but if you think that this is going to improve future content streams or put more resources (especially manpower/dev resources) and hsve a strong positive impact on the game then I hope you're prepared to be disappointed. It has never and likely will never work this way for any game, particularly one that has been degraded into a nursing cash cow.
[+]
By Afania 2016-06-30 04:47:35  

For example I definitely used more than 160 gears on COR atm, just main hand weapon that I use actively took 10 slots, and I have plans to get 1 more blurred +1 and high racc dagger. I also used 6 different guns and still working on 7th(refresh doomsday).

7 Guns? Going to want to know how you're going about that. I use 1 (since I only have Arma and that beats out any other gun until I get DP/Fomal) and I can see keeping a Compensator around for rolls, although that has almost no actual practical usage (seriously how long is a fight lasting for those extra few seconds specifically).

I have my COR decently min/max'd, just don't have mage sub min/max since that's so rarely how I play COR and I can fit my gear in far less than 200. My entire set is wardrobes both full, satchel full (if I'm on THF) and satchel around 45-55 with 30-50 in my inventory if on COR or RUN. And I doubt you have much of a gear advantage over me.

And...I also completely utilizing any of my mog house for gear I actively use on any jobs. So if I wanted to min/max to the degree you do, I could simply keep some of my off-job gear in storage/mog safe 2 and do exactly what you do.

It's absolutely a quality of life service.

1 for leaden salute and qd, one for wf, one for last stand, one for savage blade or requiescat, one for roll(it's still useful when doing roll rotation or longer crooked, and not every fight can be done in sub 10 min), one with high melee acc augment so I can land step on maju in blu melee setup and still do qd.

There are a couple more that I don't use activity so I didn't list it. And there are a couple more that I want to play around with builds, such as refresh doomsday, PDT- magian (I can cap pdt- without using gun slot, but I'm trying to open up slots for max hp and still getting capped PDT- for weakened situations)

Of course you don't "need" any of those to beat a content. But for some people enjoy min maxing their fav job, it's lame to pay more for it to do it on more than 1 jobs.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-06-30 04:48:47  
I love wardrobes, but this is disappointing.

Anyway, what I'd like more than another wardrobe is a medicine box to hold useable items (foods, meds, ninja tools, etc). This could have the advantage of listing items before the temporary items in places like escha, vw, abyssea.

And make these things stack to 99. The echo drop market is dead thanks to curio moogle. Stacking them to 99 wouldn't hurt anyone.

That, and honestly, I'd give each job a 20 slot wardrobe so that it could hold empy, relic, artifact gear (reforged or no) and maybe RMEABC weapons.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-30 04:49:53  
1 for leaden salute and qd, one for wf, one for last stand, one for savage blade or requiescat, one for roll(it's still useful when doing roll rotation or longer crooked, and not every fight can be done in sub 10 min), one with high melee acc augment so I can land step on maju in blu melee setup and still do qd.

There are a couple more that I don't use activity so I didn't list it. And there are a couple more that I want to play around with builds, such as refresh doomsday, PDT- magian (I can cap pdt- without using gun slot, but I'm trying to open up slots for max hp and still getting capped PDT- for weakened situations)

Of course you don't "need" any of those to beat a content. But for some people enjoy min maxing their fav job, it's lame to pay more for it to do it on more than 1 jobs.

And it sure sounds like you're already doing this without wardrobe 3 + 4. So I'm not seeing the complaint really.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-30 04:50:45  
Only 1.99 thru 4.99/mo for any of those! Act now and we'll throw in a green crab mount or something! This is the future.
[+]
By Afania 2016-06-30 04:50:46  

And it sure sounds like you're already doing this without wardrobe 3 + 4. So I'm not seeing the complaint really.

You can do that with 1 to 2 jobs without paying. But not 5+ jobs probably.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-06-30 04:52:33  

That is part of gameplay. MB holy is serious business. And you gonna pay for it.

I know (think?) you're a whm and of course joking a little bit, but MAB for Sanguine Blade on PLD is actually a thing. You can get decent numbers on a lot of good content and be the difference in why your group wins or loses.

I agree it alters gamplay, it means I can have more than 20 free slots at a given time.
[+]
By ibm2431 2016-06-30 04:54:29  
I'm not going to tolerate this. I'm done. It's been a long 11 years, but I'm not going to let SE get away with charging for a couple extra kilobytes of storage.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-30 04:55:30  

You can do that with 1 to 2 jobs without paying. But not 5+ jobs probably.

And go back to one of my first comments in this thread: If you're playing this game to the point you are min/maxing to that degree on 5+ jobs you are getting enough enjoyment out of this game to handle paying an extra $2-4/month. I mean getting both wardrobes over two months time is still less than a single person to go the movies.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-06-30 04:57:15  
Geez--The game has gotten to the point that we "need" as many as 2,3,4 of a given item (HI JSE CAPES ><) to play our jobs to the maximum potential. We're making the same $@@%ing capes for different jobs probably because SE had this on the horizon.

The capes should have been All Jobs and the JSE bonuses purchaseable key items.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-30 05:01:15  
It's hilarious to me that this game existed for more than 12 years without any wardrobe at all but the thought of paying for the 3rd and 4th versions of them is "THE WORLD IS ENDING I MUST QUIT THIS GAME" tier.
[+]
By Afania 2016-06-30 05:02:09  
Valefor.Omnys said: »

I know (think?) you're a whm and of course joking a little bit, but MAB for Sanguine Blade on PLD is actually a thing. You can't get decent numbers on a lot of good content and be the difference in why your group wins or loses.

I agree it alters gamplay, it means I can have more than 20 free slots at a given time.

I already said it won't stop you from beating the content. But I think our definition of "gameplay" is not the same. To some people their game play is to beat the NM, thus more inv is not affecting game play because they can beat it anyways.

To some people min maxing with gear set is game play, beating the NM is just journey not the end goal, thus the lack of inv is affecting the game play and getting more more inv = more advantage because that's what's all FFXI about for these type of player.
[+]
By Odinz 2016-06-30 05:03:48  
I'm not going to tolerate this. I'm done. It's been a long 11 years, but I'm not going to let SE get away with charging for a couple extra kilobytes of storage.
Bye now.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-30 05:04:57  
It's hilarious to me that this game existed for more than 12 years without any wardrobe at all but the thought of paying for the 3rd and 4th versions of them is "THE WORLD IS ENDING I MUST QUIT THIS GAME" tier.

Missing the point entirely. Take off the chocobo blinkers.
[+]
By Odinz 2016-06-30 05:04:59  
Vanfrano said: »

I've just cancelled too, I love this game and Vana'diel, I really do, but this is the end of 12 years for me too.

How does it change the game you've been playing? No one forcing you to pay for it.

what a bunch of whiners.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-06-30 05:07:25  
I already said it won't stop you from beating the content. But I think our definition of "gameplay" is not the same. To some people their game play is to beat the NM, thus more inv is not affecting game play because they can beat it anyways.

To some people min maxing with gear set is game play, beating the NM is just journey not the end goal, thus the lack of inv is affecting the game play and getting more more inv = more advantage because that's what's all FFXI about for these type of player.

I was merely highlighting another practical example of where some of us put the excess inventory slots.

I was trying to agree with you :)
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-30 05:08:55  
Valefor.Omnys said: »

I know (think?) you're a whm and of course joking a little bit, but MAB for Sanguine Blade on PLD is actually a thing. You can't get decent numbers on a lot of good content and be the difference in why your group wins or loses.

Even by your own absolutely insane min/max of COR, if you just tossed some of your extra gear/weapons into your storage (like offhand weapons when you're going /whm or /rdm) you'd have a few extra slots of gear. Similar to tossing cure potency set into storage when you're going cor/nin. You still have room, this just alters how quickly you can change between jobs.
By geigei 2016-06-30 05:09:09  
I'm gonna probably pay for third since 2 wont cover blm+blu, funny how ppl begged for more wardrobe and now that SE give this option fairly cheap imo, people rage quit...you wont be missed thats for sure.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-30 05:10:29  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Missing the point entirely. Take off the chocobo blinkers.

Ah yes, the point is that this'll set a bad example and then they'll keep adding more of this stuff and milk more money out of the game!

Well, when they reach the threshold where I won't pay anymore, then I'll quit. As it stands this game is still the most economical entertainment I've ever engaged in in my life, and will continue to be even if I got wardrobe 4 on both my accounts.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kingofbastok
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kingofbastok 2016-06-30 05:11:38  
I'm definitely not going to quit over this, but it is pretty stupid to charge a monthly fee for this. I could maybe understand a one time fee of like $5 to $10 per wardrobe, but charging $2 a month per is just silly. I have three accounts, so I would have to spend $12 more a month just to unlock both wardrobes. I would rather just start a new account, than pay that much more for some extra inventory space, even though I would love to have the space.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19