Mog Wardrobe 3 & 4 Announced With A Fee.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Mog Wardrobe 3 & 4 announced with a fee.
Mog Wardrobe 3 & 4 announced with a fee.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 17 18 19
 Siren.Leocon
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Leocon
By Siren.Leocon 2016-06-30 05:12:55  
So I'm going to complain about this in a slightly different manner and kinda want to get others takes on my thought about it...

Is it just me or is it the thought of an additional charge per month that irks others? Honestly if they said it was a one-time cost of like 10 bucks for one or both wardrobes, for me at least, I feel like I would've been much more willing to pay out for that.

I don't know, I'm sure I'm just weird in that regard, but it's almost like it's the word "fee" that's irking me about it all.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-30 05:14:37  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
It's hilarious to me that this game existed for more than 12 years without any wardrobe at all but the thought of paying for the 3rd and 4th versions of them is "THE WORLD IS ENDING I MUST QUIT THIS GAME" tier.

Missing the point entirely. Take off the chocobo blinkers.

Ah yes, the point is that this'll set a bad example and then they'll keep adding more of this stuff and milk more money out of the game!

Well, when they reach the threshold where I won't pay anymore, then I'll quit. As it stands this game is still the most economical entertainment I've ever engaged in in my life, and will continue to be even if I got wardrobe 4 on both my accounts.

Well at least you realize that it's coming then. Yea, the items are optional. No, you probably don't need them yet. But ignoring how slippery that slope you're riding down is is a great way to break your neck. Celebrating the addition of a company's way to bleed more money out of its playerbase is almost akin to celebrating the electric company takings an extra $75 from you every month just because they can. You aren't using more power, the price per kilowatt hour hasn't changed,but you're expected to pay more.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-06-30 05:15:11  
geigei said: »
I'm gonna probably pay for third since 2 wont cover blm+blu, funny how ppl begged for more wardrobe and now that SE give this option fairly cheap imo, people rage quit...you wont be missed thats for sure.

I don't think people are ragequitting strictly because of this (I've seen the posts) I think this is just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Jesus, they're telling us they can't add new spells to the game for reasons they won't quite detail. We get rehashes of the same fights month after month and what little content we do get is designed to be spammed until we hate it.

It really is insulting.

Edit: And lets be honest, the ragequitters will probably be back.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-30 05:15:16  
Siren.Leocon said: »
So I'm going to complain about this in a slightly different manner and kinda want to get others takes on my thought about it...

Is it just me or is it the thought of an additional charge per month that irks others? Honestly if they said it was a one-time cost of like 10 bucks for one or both wardrobes, for me at least, I feel like I would've been much more willing to pay out for that.

I don't know, I'm sure I'm just weird in that regard, but it's almost like it's the word "fee" that's irking me about it all.

I can understand this line of thought. My understanding is that we're on a very barebones crew, and being able to show more money flow could get them some more usable budget and potentially open up new options for what they can do. If you read one of the interviews when RoV finished up there's one part that basically said the newer programmers have a better idea of what can be done than some of the older people, so it could get us some new things to play with.
[+]
By Odinz 2016-06-30 05:15:30  
4 Eras

Era 0.5 (2002-2003)- No one has a 75, the JP are so elite. "OMG I just had a JP WHM cast raise on me"

Era 1 -(2003-2009) 75 cap - HNMs, Sky, sea, exping, cooldown content (assault/salvage/einherjar)"I got 3 x 75 jobs - respect me peasants"
End of the golden age.

Era 3 - Abyssea "Maat's caps...maat's caps everywhere" "Victory Smite all the things"

Era 4 - Today - I Quad box and solo everything in-game. I spend more on the forums though.
[+]
By Afania 2016-06-30 05:15:36  
Afania said: »
Valefor.Omnys said: »
Afania said: »
Asura.Deijixfx said: »
Because nobody ever geared a job for personal fun rather than pure party involvement >.>

Then this is purely a qualify of life situation, not something that alters gameplay. Which is well within the acceptable realm of pay to play.

That is part of gameplay. MB holy is serious business. And you gonna pay for it.

I know (think?) you're a whm and of course joking a little bit, but MAB for Sanguine Blade on PLD is actually a thing. You can't get decent numbers on a lot of good content and be the difference in why your group wins or loses.

I agree it alters gamplay, it means I can have more than 20 free slots at a given time.

I already said it won't stop you from beating the content. But I think our definition of "gameplay" is not the same. To some people their game play is to beat the NM, thus more inv is not affecting game play because they can beat it anyways.

To some people min maxing with gear set is game play, beating the NM is just journey not the end goal, thus the lack of inv is affecting the game play and getting more more inv = more advantage because that's what's all FFXI about for these type of player.

Even by your own absolutely insane min/max of COR, if you just tossed some of your extra gear/weapons into your storage (like offhand weapons when you're going /whm or /rdm) you'd have a few extra slots of gear. Similar to tossing cure potency set into storage when you're going cor/nin. You still have room, this just alters how quickly you can change between jobs.

Yes, I have enough inv because I only min/max 1 job. My 4 other jobs aren't using anywhere close to this many gears.

But I definitely can't min/max 5 jobs like that unless I pay, I just don't see how it's possible. This update doesn't affect me, but it will affect those who wants to min/max 5 jobs.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-30 05:16:45  
geigei said: »
I'm gonna probably pay for third since 2 wont cover blm+blu, funny how ppl begged for more wardrobe and now that SE give this option fairly cheap imo, people rage quit...you wont be missed thats for sure.

I don't think people are ragequitting strictly because of this (I've seen the posts) I think this is just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Jesus, they're telling us they can't add new spells to the game for reasons they won't quite detail. We get rehashes of the same fights month after month and what little content we do get is designed to be spammed until we hate it.

It really is insulting.

They can't add more spells because the memory slots are "maxed" for them. They'd need to remake jobs and reduce spells to add new ones. And you know what? That might be something they could do down the line. Remove Minuet and Minne 1-5 and make two versions like Madrigal/March, open up 6 spell slots right there.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-06-30 05:20:24  
They can't add more spells because the memory slots are "maxed" for them. They'd need to remake jobs and reduce spells to add new ones. And you know what? That might be something they could do down the line. Remove Minuet and Minne 1-5 and make two versions like Madrigal/March, open up 6 spell slots right there.

They could also remove all the WHM aoe spells that mirror rdm's and give low level whm a trait that converted them... that's a lot of freed up room.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-30 05:22:03  

They could also remove all the WHM aoe spells that mirror rdm's and give low level whm a trait that converted them... that's a lot of freed up room.

Yeah, but this is also pretty major changes they'd need to go over, and I think they're pretty pressed for doing just standard things for now. Maybe some extra revenue and they can hire a dude to help out with such a thing.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-30 05:25:12  
That really isn't how these corporate development studios work. Most of your money right now isn't even likely to be going back in to the product you're paying for; much more likely that you're going to be paying part of the dev costs for SE's next mobile game

XI is no longer a financial focus, it is a divergent revenue stream.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-06-30 05:29:19  
I agree completely Prothescar. They're not trying to raise money for operating costs, they're trying to raise profits.

And they'll succeed because people are desperate and/or suckers.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-30 05:30:30  
XIV is in a similar boat, however it still receives financial support as it is an active flagship project. Go peruse the financial data for SE's most recent fiscal quarter. MMOs are their primary source of revenue, and yet most of their earnings go into mobile markets and flagship console titles rather than into the MMOs themselves. They are a corporation. They are trying to make money. They do not care about you. They do not care about the game. If xi ever went in to the red it would be cut out like a tumor. Their sole goal is to make money and the best way to do that is by bleeding the mmo and mobile markets.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-30 05:33:13  
I agree completely Prothescar. They're not trying to raise money for operating costs, they're trying to raise profits.

And they'll succeed because people are desperate and/or suckers.

Or because sometimes it's just worth it. I'm probably going to go buy the Deadpool DVD soon. That's what, $20? I'll watch it once or twice. That $20 is equal to 10 months of a wardrobe 3, in a game that I play 40-70 hours a week. My $20 will be going a LOT farther towards my enjoyment in FFXI than that Deadpool DVD. But both are worthwhile purchases, IMO.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-30 05:35:45  
Difference being the manufacturing and licensing costs to produce those DVDs are not even remotely comparable to the cost of implementing a new inventory window in XI.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-06-30 05:38:02  
Not my words, but nails how I feel:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/50926-Mog-Wardrobe-3-4-feedback.?p=581414&viewfull=1#post581414
Bolded the best part.

Quote:
Posting this with my second account before I cancel it as well:
I just canceled my account of 11 years.

I am not going to tolerate SE wanting to charge 30% of the monthly fee for a couple extra kilobytes of storage. I won't put up with SE giving themselves a financial incentive to avoid giving us ways of better managing our inventory (Storage Slips, combining similar items, etc). I won't abide trying to charge the playerbase extra instead of just fixing the underlying game engine so we don't have inventory loading problems in the first place.

Think about it, the more situational single-use pieces they add to the game, the more they encourage players to spend more money. How long until we see the return of (ilvl) Elemental Staves? Will the question of, "will this reduce our Wardrobe 3/4 subscriber count" be asked while considering whether or not to add something to a Storage Slip? When will they add single-job only earrings?

Rather than fix our inventory burdens with better design choices, they want to squeeze extra money from us while doing nothing more than expanding a data field. We should not be expected to be willing to pay an extra 30% to get around the game's technical/design problems. Players who like to play multiple well-geared jobs, of varying types, shouldn't be told that they'll need to pay more for the privilege of providing more utility to their linkshell.

This is outrageous. And it just cost SE a subscriber of 11 years.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-30 05:39:24  
Ah yes, let's freak out because we totally know what SE is thinking now, we're telepathic! Only because of wardrobe 3 and 4 are they going to add situational armor to swap into! That totally hasn't been the way of the game for a full 14 years!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-30 05:39:31  
Wow people seriously defending this? I can understand if you don't care but actually defending it...

Maybe it's time you stop sucking the dev team's collective *** for a moment and start looking at things more objectively.

Monthly sub for a gameplay feature...it's just plain ridiculous.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-30 05:41:39  
Ah yes, let's freak out because we totally know what SE is thinking now, we're telepathic! Only because of wardrobe 3 and 4 are they going to add situational armor to swap into! That totally hasn't been the way of the game for a full 14 years!

You realize that there exist people outside of your bubble that actually get paid for financial projections right? It doesn't take a lot of work to pick up on their patterns and apply a modicum of common sense to a situation and realize when your pooch is being screwed.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-06-30 05:41:42  
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-30 05:46:33  
Yes to SE our happy faces are more important than money.
[+]
By ibm2431 2016-06-30 05:48:09  
Anyway, what I'd like more than another wardrobe is a medicine box to hold useable items (foods, meds, ninja tools, etc). This could have the advantage of listing items before the temporary items in places like escha, vw, abyssea.

And make these things stack to 99. The echo drop market is dead thanks to curio moogle. Stacking them to 99 wouldn't hurt anyone.

This is a perfect example of just how screwed up this decision is. Said medicine box would be awesome. Stacking medicine to 99 would be just as great, and require no additional work other than changing a value in a database.

But now neither of those are very likely to happen, because SE stands to make more money from not doing so.

Once they benefit from players not having enough storage space, trying to save storage space for players who choose not to "subscribe" to Wardrobe 3/4 only harms them. Who seriously thinks that SE is adding this as an additional revenue stream while having the best of intentions to reduce our need for it?
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-30 05:48:56  
Yes, they're doing this for money. And you know what? It's worth my money. That's how this whole economy works. Someone makes a product, I choose to spend my money on it. That is choice. Expecting them to keep adding more ***for free is called being entitled. And *** you all for making me say that, because I absolutely hate that people toss that word around.

You guys are acting like the same fee you've been paying since 2003 is worth so much. The fact of the matter is that money is worth less now than it was then. This is a fully optional way to get more money out of the playerbase. No one is forcing you to pay the extra fee, nor even the current subscription fee. You're welcome to not opt for it, you're welcome to quit entirely. That's how this whole thing works, you have a choice, make it. Instead you're all just crying about it and throwing a fit.
[+]
By Darksparksnot 2016-06-30 05:50:09  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Wow people seriously defending this? I can understand if you don't care but actually defending it...

Maybe it's time you stop sucking the dev team's collective *** for a moment and start looking at things more objectively.

Monthly sub for a gameplay feature...it's just plain ridiculous.

Nobody defends, is an option, they dont force stuff on your throat, dony like it/want it/need it? no problem, bitching about it because some want to pay for this crap is more ridiculous.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-30 05:54:14  
Dear Everyone:
I Apologize for making a terrible thread.
But someone had to take the stick.
I did.
:/
Sorry
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-06-30 05:55:11  
As has been pointed out, it's a slippery slope. People are raising a stink because it's only the beginning. This is them testing the waters to see how their community reacts.

As has also been pointed out, players embracing this is a win/win for SE: the more spidered-out our gear gets, the more we want this, they have no incentive to alleviate inventory issues. Make them worse! It means money!

Unrelated: Chrome translating the JP General Discussion forum doesn't seem to have anyone talking about this.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-30 05:56:34  
As has been pointed out, it's a slippery slope. People are raising a stink because it's only the beginning. This is them testing the waters to see how their community reacts.

As has also been pointed out, players embracing this is a win/win for SE: the more spidered-out our gear gets, the more we want this, they have no incentive to alleviate inventory issues. Make them worse! It means money!

Unrelated: Chrome translating the JP General Discussion forum doesn't seem to have anyone talking about this.

They've been making extremely situational sidegrades for over a decade now, I don't even see how that's an argument you can make on this. There's merit in most of your other points, but not that one.
By Darksparksnot 2016-06-30 05:58:00  
JP button will get a free upgrade probably, no need for them to panic.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-06-30 05:58:18  
They also gave us Chatoyant Staff, Storage Slips, Fotia neck and belt, Combatant's Torque and the magic one.

Why do that now? The people will pay! And pay dearly, er yearly, er monthly. Yes, monthly.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-30 05:58:24  

TO 2CHAN *Grabs Omnys hand*
LETS GO!
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 17 18 19