Mog Wardrobe 3 & 4 Announced With A Fee.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Mog Wardrobe 3 & 4 announced with a fee.
Mog Wardrobe 3 & 4 announced with a fee.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 17 18 19
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-30 06:00:33  
If they were making this game for their own personal satisfaction then we would have no saying on it. But this is the product they sell to us, so yes we are indeed entitled to complain about such a change of policy and some people will try to force a change through protest, others through boycott - this is how these things work..in the world, in life. There is nothing wrong with standing your ground for something you care about.

Like I said before I understand if you don't care because you like to shower them with money, but your inability to understand the perspective of everybody else makes you the problematic one in this conversation.

It doesn't affect you? Great. It does affect others though and your opinion is not the only one that matters.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-30 06:01:24  
Valefor.Omnys said: »
They also gave us Chatoyant Staff, Storage Slips, Fotia neck and belt, Combatant's Torque and the magic one.

Why do that now? The people will pay! And pay dearly, er yearly, er monthly. Yes, monthly.

Ahh, yes, you figured them out. All that talk about helping quality of life and wanting to help out the playerbase is now going to be purposely and intentionally reversed so they can make $2/month at the potential loss of $13/month!
By ibm2431 2016-06-30 06:02:48  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Expecting them to keep adding more ***for free is called being entitled.

It wouldn't be for free. We already pay for the addition of new content and features. Every month. When SE bills our cards.
[+]
By Sonja 2016-06-30 06:02:57  

You realize most of us are already paying a monthly subscription fee right?
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-30 06:03:09  
Oh boy here we go, gonna have to break this one in to parts.

Technically this is the only point I need to address since you defeat your entire stance and mindset with this single sentence. I don't know if you noticed but playing FFXI is not free. You are not getting anything for free just because you aren't paying an additional monthly service fee to unlock it. You are paying extra for a service that should already be included in the service fee that you already pay every single month. Period. End of.

Quote:
You guys are acting like the same fee you've been paying since 2003 is worth so much. The fact of the matter is that money is worth less now than it was then.

I've explained this to you already but I'll do it again. a dollar being worth less today than it was in 2003 has no bearing on this. In accordance with the value of currency falling, content creation, development costs, upkeep costs, and server maintenance fees have all also lowered. You can not ignore this to pepper your argument with fallacies.

Quote:
This is a fully optional way to get more money out of the playerbase. No one is forcing you to pay the extra fee, nor even the current subscription fee. You're welcome to not opt for it, you're welcome to quit entirely. That's how this whole thing works, you have a choice, make it. Instead you're all just crying about it and throwing a fit.

Yes. So instead of decrying anti-consumer business practices and attempting to get what you're already paying for, you should sit down and be complacent and let SE do anything that they want to you. This mindset will lead to nothing but ruin for whatever little remains of this game's community. People are already leaving over this, and as things progress and more and more "optional services" are added, so too will more and more people jump ship. Have fun playing the game by yourself, I guess. Oh wait, SE will pull the plug long before that happens. Your catch-all save-the-game-and-increase-dev-revenue pipe dream is just that, a dream. It will not come to pass.

You're coming off to me as someone with little economic or financial understanding. This isn't meant as an insult, before you try to label it as such.
[+]
 Phoenix.Morier
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-06-30 06:03:23  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Wow people seriously defending this? I can understand if you don't care but actually defending it...

Maybe it's time you stop sucking the dev team's collective *** for a moment and start looking at things more objectively.

Monthly sub for a gameplay feature...it's just plain ridiculous.
Calm your stupid internet rage. Don't want it? Don't get it. I will pass on it but I am not going to rage on my kb about it.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-30 06:03:42  
Sonja said: »

You realize most of us are already paying a monthly subscription fee right?

And that's technically to access the servers. There are MMO's that go months without any updates at all and they still charge a fee on the months without updates.
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-06-30 06:05:21  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Oh boy here we go, gonna have to break this one in to parts.

Technically this is the only point I need to address since you defeat your entire stance and mindset with this single sentence. I don't know if you noticed but playing FFXI is not free. You are not getting anything for free just because you aren't paying an additional monthly service fee to unlock it. You are paying extra for a service that should already be included in the service fee that you already pay every single month. Period. End of.

Quote:
You guys are acting like the same fee you've been paying since 2003 is worth so much. The fact of the matter is that money is worth less now than it was then.

I've explained this to you already but I'll do it again. a dollar being worth less today than it was in 2003 has no bearing on this. In accordance with the value of currency falling, content creation, development costs, upkeep costs, and server maintenance fees have all also lowered. You can not ignore this to pepper your argument with fallacies.

Quote:
This is a fully optional way to get more money out of the playerbase. No one is forcing you to pay the extra fee, nor even the current subscription fee. You're welcome to not opt for it, you're welcome to quit entirely. That's how this whole thing works, you have a choice, make it. Instead you're all just crying about it and throwing a fit.

Yes. So instead of decrying anti-consumer business practices and attempting to get what you're already paying for, you should sit down and be complacent and let SE do anything that they want to you. This mindset will lead to nothing but ruin for whatever little remains of this game's community. People are already leaving over this, and as things progress and more and more "optional services" are added, so too will more and more people jump ship. Have fun playing the game by yourself, I guess. Oh wait, SE will pull the plug long before that happens. Your catch-all save-the-game-and-increase-dev-revenue pipe dream is just that, a dream. It will not come to pass.

You're coming off to me as someone with little economic or financial understanding. This isn't meant as an insult, before you try to label it as such.
The people leaving over this are the ones that look for any excuse to ***. They won't quit. Might log out for a day or two.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-30 06:07:11  
also bare in mind Japan are paying like half our price btw guys. RIOT! INTO THE STREETS RAGH.
(I'm joking) (About the riots not how much they pay)
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-06-30 06:07:36  
Ahh, yes, you figured them out. All that talk about helping quality of life and wanting to help out the playerbase is now going to be purposely and intentionally reversed so they can make $2/month at the potential loss of $13/month!

Um... this is the gamble they're trying. They're hoping that they make more charging X people + mules $2 per month than the Y people + mules/same account mules that quit.

I 150% guarantee you they wouldn't try to charge for inventory space if they thought it would lead to an overall loss in income.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-30 06:08:11  
Phoenix.Morier said: »
Calm your stupid internet rage. Don't want it? Don't get it. I will pass on it but I am not going to rage on my kb about it.
Raging? Lol. Don't inject feelings you imagine into other people's posts.

Not like I expect to ever have a meaningful conversation with someone like you.
[+]
By Darksparksnot 2016-06-30 06:11:15  
If them wardrobes were free everyone would praise SE, lets be real, 90% of players dont even need 3rd wardrobe cause they suck bad let alone 4th.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-30 06:11:16  

Um... this is the gamble they're trying. They're hoping that they make more charging X people $2 per month than the Y people + mules/same account mules that quit.

I 150% guarantee you they wouldn't try to charge for inventory space if they thought it would lead to an overall loss in income.

Right, but trying for more money and then specifically changing how they develop the game to milk even more out of it in that way would be absolutely stupid. I am pretty certain that isn't going to happen in any out of the ordinary way.
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-06-30 06:12:11  
Phoenix.Morier said: »
Raging? Lol. Don't inject feelings you imagine into other people's posts.

Not like I expect to ever have a meaningful conversation with someone like you.
You would just get your butt hurt again and server jump. Which you paid for np. Enhancing your game play experience. Anyone with a brain can see your e-veins popping out of your forehead while you frantically type.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-30 06:13:21  

Um... this is the gamble they're trying. They're hoping that they make more charging X people $2 per month than the Y people + mules/same account mules that quit.

Right, but trying for more money and then specifically changing how they develop the game to milk even more out of it in that way would be absolutely stupid. I am pretty certain that isn't going to happen in any out of the ordinary way.

There is precedent for this happening. SE has done it before.

What would happen if they decide that all the other Wardrobes are also premium services?
[+]
 Siren.Leocon
サーバ: Siren
user: Leocon
By Siren.Leocon 2016-06-30 06:14:13  
Eh, I find myself on the fence with the whole thing... While this all is a really shitty move, I'm still enjoying the game all the same, so having 2 extra storage options isn't the make or break deal for me; but I also understand that their dev team is practically non-existent and that these things do take time to implement, time that could be justified being spent somewhere else, either on FFXI or other projects.

I won't pretend to understand how their business practices work out, just that I know all things have their price. I just wish they would have gone with a more one-time cost route with this, rather than a monthly charge. It's not like they have to maintain or update the wardrobes every month, this is, more-or-less, a one-time implementation. 160 slots hardly seems worth $48 a year to me ($96 for my two accounts), especially when I, personally, have gotten by perfectly fine even before Wardrobe 1.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-30 06:14:26  
What are you even talking about? And I already know trolling is your MO that is why I'm not bothered by you.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-06-30 06:15:07  
Why would it be stupid? Create a product, increase the need for the product.

Maybe they won't do it, except they already are. JSE capes are an abomination of a thing.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-30 06:15:24  
Look at Final fantasy Grandmasters. Very much a Cash grab in FF11s name.
FFRK meh kinda can be.
FFBE Not a cash grab by any stretch of the imagination.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-06-30 06:15:59  
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Dear Everyone:
I Apologize for making a terrible thread.
But someone had to take the stick.
I did.
:/
Sorry

Thank you for making this thread Lina. :)
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-30 06:17:07  
FFRK isn't a cash grab whatsoever. You can play that came to near full effect without ever paying a dime. You only pay if you go OCD to min/max every char, but I mean, there's no PvP and no impossible content (afaik) that requires absolutely crazy gear. There's also no advertisements, it's one of the best mobile games I've ever seen when it comes to "obviously not a money grab".
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-06-30 06:17:56  
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/envi/wardrobe/index.html

Okay. ...

Quote:
The contract lasts for thirty (30) days and incurs a fee of $2.00.
* The fee is $2.00/30 days for either Mog Wardrobe 3 or Mog Wardrobe 4.
* The fee is $4.00/30 days for both Mog Wardrobe 3 and Mog Wardrobe 4.

(In Pounds)

Quote:
Each contract lasts for thirty (30) days and incurs a fee of £1.40*.
* The fee is £1.40/30 days for either Mog Wardrobe 3 or Mog Wardrobe 4.
* The fee is £2.80/30 days for both Mog Wardrobe 3 and Mog Wardrobe 4.

Finally more space. :)

Skjalf just worries that it will take 3 minutes for all items to load / have to wait 3 minutes or more before you can start typing in Linkshell after zoning... ><
[+]
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-06-30 06:19:12  
Look at Final fantasy Grandmasters. Very much a Cash grab in FF11s name.
FFRK meh kinda can be.
FFBE Not a cash grab by any stretch of the imagination.
Gumi will make sure FFBE is a gigantic cash grab. Brave Frontier has gotten horrible about it.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-30 06:19:54  
FFRK isn't a cash grab whatsoever. You can play that came to near full effect without ever paying a dime. You only pay if you go OCD to min/max every char, but I mean, there's no PvP and no impossible content (afaik) that requires absolutely crazy gear. There's also no advertisements, it's one of the best mobile games I've ever seen when it comes to "obviously not a money grab".

Good (from a corporate perspective) mobile games are not designed to be made in a way that requires you to absolutely spend money. They are designed to prey on emotional flaws such as gambling addition and "I want this now" syndrome. FFRK does this in spades, more people pay $100-1000 on banners that they want their waifu's sword from than you think.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-06-30 06:21:57  
Wow people seriously defending this? I can understand if you don't care but actually defending it...

Maybe it's time you stop sucking the dev team's collective *** for a moment and start looking at things more objectively.

*Slap slap sounds*
"Wipe your mouth."
[+]
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-06-30 06:22:24  
I agree 100%. There isn't even a shop button. Never seen that in a mobile game with in app purchases. They give mythril out like crazy.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-30 06:22:33  

Good mobile games are not designed to be made in a way that requires you to absolutely spend money. They are designed to prey on emotional flaws such as gambling addition and "I want this now" syndrome. FFRK does this in spades, more people pay $100-1000 on banners that they want their waifu's sword from than you think.

I don't doubt that really, however there's a massive difference in how much enjoyment I get out of different games where you have:

A) No advertisements, no blocks on progression, pay for extra gear or to play for longer periods of time only.

B) Flashing advertisement on a major section of the game, constant mentions of replenishing stamina everywhere, barely enough stamina to do anything, pay to unlock x, y, z, and a, b and c, etc. that I've seen in the "most downloaded" games I've decided to give a try.

To me it comes across that they wanted to make an enjoyable game first, and added profit as an extra to that. Which is how I enjoy my game companies to operate.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-30 06:25:10  
Lol RK is not a cash grab? It's a game that preys on addiction.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-30 06:26:56  

Good mobile games are not designed to be made in a way that requires you to absolutely spend money. They are designed to prey on emotional flaws such as gambling addition and "I want this now" syndrome. FFRK does this in spades, more people pay $100-1000 on banners that they want their waifu's sword from than you think.

I don't doubt that really, however there's a massive difference in how much enjoyment I get out of different games where you have:

A) No advertisements, no blocks on progression, pay for extra gear or to play for longer periods of time only.

B) Flashing advertisement on a major section of the game, constant mentions of replenishing stamina everywhere, barely enough stamina to do anything, pay to unlock x, y, z, and a, b and c, etc. that I've seen in the "most downloaded" games I've decided to give a try.

Obviously, but we're talking about these games making money and how they do it, not the personal enjoyment of, say, Sim City Mobile vs. Record Keeper. Record Keeper earns SE money hand over fist, and it isn't just because of the way the game is designed. It's because of the way they have designed their gacha. All gachapon style games work this way to varying degrees and most of them successfully make exponentially more money than they would ever cost in terms of development assets.

This is the same principle as what is happening with XI, except on a different rail. The cost of maintaining and developing XI is low, the profit margin is still high, and they're increasing those profits using underhanded tactics designed to take advantage of the consumer by offering a service that has already been paid for.

Do you really think it cost them enough money to add two new Mog Wardrobes that they will need $2/mo for every new Mog Wardrobe put on a character in-game to pay off those debts?

Do you truly believe that the money from these services will be going toward making XI better and improving player experience rather than funding the next big cash cow?

Mobile games are made as money batteries. They cost minute amounts to develop and pay in dividends. They do this by preying on human instabilities and tendencies. Once the whales dry up in RK, deNA will cut it. They have done it dozens of times in dozens of gacha games before. Then they'll release a new one and the cycle begins anew.

I said it before: these companies do not care about you or your enjoyment. They only care about having your credit card details.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2016-06-30 06:27:22  

Indeed. Even moreso that this is one of the last MMOs that isn't F2P... Just an archaic monthly sub and no microtransactions.

I'm also curious about the increased loading time... as there is 0 mention of it, but there MUST be one.
So you're paying for an increased zone loading load.

Only good thing that can REALLY be said about this is: "well at least it's not a complete scam like microtransactions tend to be."
100% optional (so it'll suredly get the whales' money), and "as least it hits every character on an account... so it's not AS scammy as it could have been."
But that's all silver lining talk. Not legitimate good things.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 17 18 19