Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 148 149 150 ... 175 176 177
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-07-16 20:38:51  
Asura.Bixbite said: »
Nariont said: »
No doubt, bst ready moves arent "useless" still plenty of utility in them, and their aoe dmg isn't terrible whether it be phys or magical, but overall dmg wise they've fallen off hard in any kind of buffed scenerio, whether it be due to pets not benefitting from buffs, the JA delay from using ready, or just the lower ceiling that all pet jobs suffer from compared to just swing and hit ws button and repeat

Most ready moves are useless because you are giving up -33atk/def and -10% hp debuff to use them.

Yeah that's what I'm strunggling with, what am I going to get from walking away from that? Obviously Killing Instinct is great but they've let us side step the penalty with Bestial loyalty so you can easily have KI and Slug at the beginning of a fight without blowing Unleash.

I can easily see myself very happy without Aymur for a time until my curiousity catches up with me from using the job more.
By Nariont 2022-07-16 20:52:53  
In party play it's a rough sell, specially given everything coming out is bubble nerfed by atleast 50%, usually ends up you pop a pet for a buff/KI, then its back to slug to keep applying def/atk down, unless its something where magic is the goal in which case swap to bird or acuex instead, just another of many problems that a lot of bsts dmg+debuff moves don't last all that long(usually only 1~2 minutes) considering the timers you're under swapping pets around not to mention the cost factor if said pet isnt readily available.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-07-20 13:32:31  
Honestly, at this point they should just make Bestial Loyalty something stupid short like a 1min timer.

But there ARE situations where Slug ready moves are not particularly useful - anything where mobs die too quickly for Ooze to be meaningful. Segments, Omen (pre boss), arguably wave 1-2 Dyna Divergence (maybe the debuffs on NMs is worth fulltiming Slug, but I personally tend to use other pets until wave 2 boss), etc.

If getting CP outside of a full party on high level Apex, I also tend to use a pet that SCs better with me instead of Slug for Ooze.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ahlen
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2022-07-24 01:10:58  
Has any bst tried to charm the adds on v20 ody nms?
By Slowforever 2022-07-24 11:14:57  
Anyone have the tldr bis item list for ooze gear? The slots I am most interested in would be weapon slot / shield and ring1. Thanks!

I did a scan through a few threads but found nothing.
By Nariont 2022-07-24 11:49:54  
It's on the front page.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2022-07-24 12:39:26  
For Single-wield purposes, the Agwu's axe will technically have a slight Magic Accuracy edge over Pangu because of the Pet:All Attributes+20.

There are only 2 shields with Pet stats available (nothing relevant to Purulent Ooze), so I'd recommend wearing something to protect the master in this slot.
[+]
 Asura.Khimeria
サーバ: Asura
user: khimeria
By Asura.Khimeria 2022-07-28 02:00:46  
Good morning all,

Apologies if this is a repeat question but I couldn't see the answer using the search tool.

I am getting into Bst and have been working on getting a lua working and despite trying Falkirk/Beaztmaster/TheFoxDanger's options the midcast for ready doesn't seem to go off with showswaps on when I drop my gear in there. Am I missing something really obvious?

Thanks for your help
 Odin.Aurelius
サーバ: Odin
user: Aure9700
By Odin.Aurelius 2022-07-29 15:38:41  
New to BST, I have a question regarding reward augments between the AF and Relic bodies. BGWiki shows that the Relic Body grants additional status ailment heals while the AF grants additional reward% potency but less status ailment heals. This guide shows that the AF body is the one to use. Am I misunderstanding something? Wouldn't is be better to heal more status ailments and pull in reward% potency from other pieces? Thanks in advance.
By Nariont 2022-07-29 16:04:03  
AF/relic remove the same type of debuffs, so reward+ on the AF will be more useful
 Odin.Aurelius
サーバ: Odin
user: Aure9700
By Odin.Aurelius 2022-07-30 00:55:47  
Much Appreciated
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-07-30 07:29:48  
Just remember that Reward caps at 50. It's easy to hit 50 without spending much money if you're new. Loyalist Sabatons and Artio's Mantle and you're already over 50. It's the recast on legs and head that you really need to worry about spending your money.

It's only when you're chasing perfect sets chasing MND that you have to really spend money on your reward potency sets.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-07-30 11:52:31  
Yeah, it's pretty easy to cap 50% reward potency, especially with Ambu cape being a no brainer way to get 30%. Lots of feet options will cap you: Reforged AF or Relic (lv 109 or higher), Loyalist, etc.

Personally, I don't think AF+3 body is worth the cost to make. It it pretty expensive for what you get (those final stage materials are pricey) and you have to farm 60 Omen cards. If you are able to get 4/4 Dyna wave 1 clears (or do the kill a bunch of wave 1 normal mobs method), Relic body is dirt cheap and the lack of Reward potency is completely unnecessary. I wasn't even aware that Totemic +3 removes same debuffs as Ankusa +3. BG Reward page doesn't list the AF/Relic +2/+3 bodies, nor do the individual item pages. But the Reward page does show the +1 versions, with Totemic removing Para/Poison/Blind, and Ankusa removing those PLUS Silence/Weight/Slow.

I use:
Ankusa Jackcoat +3 for the debuff removal
Artio's Mantle & Ankusa Gaiters +3 feet for capped potency
Ankusa Trouser's +3 & Stout Bonnet (but any of the AH heads are viable here: Khimaira/Stout or Bison/Brave's) for recast reduction

Honestly, just fill your other slots with whatever MND pieces you already have and you're fine for most any situation. Max MND Reward builds are really min/maxing it and as a practical matter will not have a major impact.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-07-30 14:33:00  
Remove silence on a BST pet seems like it wouldn't be useful. does it stop them from using tp moves?

Slow and Gravity removal could be very useful
By Nariont 2022-07-30 14:40:28  
When you charmed BLM mobs that had spells sic would cause them to cast iirc, been a long time since charming hecteyes
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-07-30 14:57:57  
Beast Jackcoat NQ/+1 have Augments "Reward", which makes Reward cure Poison, Paralysis, and Blind.

Monster Jackcoat NQ/+1 have Augments "Reward" II, which makes Reward cure Silence, Slow, and Gravity.

Monster Jackcoat +2, Totemic Jackcoat NQ/+1/+2/+3, and Ankusa Jackcoat NQ/+1/+2/+3 have Augments "Reward" III, which makes Reward cure all six statuses.
[+]
By Slowforever 2022-08-01 20:19:18  
Does anyone have a list of what Shaeol NM's can be oozed?

We tried Henwen witha dnc yesterday and the bst had sp up and couldn't ooze her.

I want to do a 3 charge run on U Bnai and for 1 charge I was going to Ooze. Hoping someone has tried.
 Bahamut.Belkin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-08-01 22:03:41  
Kalunga, Ngai, and Mboze on V20 resisted with familiar and unleash spammed on them with all of the appropriate pet magic accuracy gear and food. I wasn't ML40 however. Maybe not even ML10. Just never bothered trying a second time though. Perhaps a RDM to stymie frazzle3 into it would yield reliable results.

Bumba is the only one I've had regular success with non-familiar/non-stymie frazzle3'd ooze.

Unrelated to ooze, but more aimed at your charging super amp on trash mobs comment.

A RDM and nearly any DD with a naegling can milk U Bnai down to 75% before timing out. Just enfeeble him to hell. The DD wear sakpata, nyame, or malignance.

Then you can do the same thing on the butterfly with SCH or WHM and somebody with piercing. V20 T1's are pushovers.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Makunouchi
By Quetzalcoatl.Makunouchi 2022-08-02 02:19:03  
Our beastmaster is able to land on Ngai on our 3 boss run in gaol. It definitely isn't as easy as Bumba but a fun ride for sure. The trick is to get it to open proc window which can be a pain for a lone BST. Ngai loves to spam everything but Carcharian Verve -_-

Our team has opted to add in a PUP with a tank automation to hold hit and feed tp a bit. I come BLM to cast some t1 spells to help feed tp as well...the other 3 are just total leeches lol. I believe bst runs in at this point for tandem goodness / rewards.

Once proc window opens the auto is basically dead and its game on for to proc. It is time to kite like its 2003~200x when you charm wore of in ifrit's cauldron while fighting a bomb! It is chaotic but looks like fun haha. Also, I buy vile elixirs / +1 on my guy and my alt and bazaar them for 1gil for the BST cause Ngai is mean.

hopefully that helps.

I wonder if our beastmaster will chime in on others? ;p
By SimonSes 2022-08-02 04:18:43  
With Aura up, Ngai resistance against water is floored pretty much, so you can land any water debuff with easy, but other A3 NMs absorb different elements during aura, so it won't work on them.
By Bazing 2022-08-02 09:53:36  
Bahamut.Belkin said: »
Kalunga, Ngai, and Mboze on V20 resisted with familiar and unleash spammed on them with all of the appropriate pet magic accuracy gear and food.

No clue how you failed to land Ooze on Kalunga since it's the easiest one. Every time I oozed Kalunga (over 30 times) it landed on first try except twice on Firesday when it landed on second attempt. So Unleash ooze spam not landing for you baffles me tbh.
By SimonSes 2022-08-02 10:01:12  
Bazing said: »
Bahamut.Belkin said: »
Kalunga, Ngai, and Mboze on V20 resisted with familiar and unleash spammed on them with all of the appropriate pet magic accuracy gear and food.

No clue how you failed to land Ooze on Kalunga since it's the easiest one. Every time I oozed Kalunga (over 30 times) it landed on first try except twice on Firesday when it landed on second attempt. So Unleash ooze spam not landing for you baffles me tbh.

I failed to land it once using unleash and free spamming for 3 minutes. I had one of the better macc sets too. I have no idea why.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Bazing 2022-08-02 10:22:52  
Asura.Jyubeii said: »
in my limited experience with a good macc set kalunga can still take several tries to land, certainly not a guaranteed 1/1

did you have puppet roll or any outside buffs?
No outside buffs, was solo. And like I said, during Firesday it didn't always land on first try.
By SimonSes 2022-08-02 10:26:28  
V20, V19 or V15? Maybe you have way better set. I can't check my set now. I was also using R daifuku for +75 macc
 Bahamut.Belkin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-08-02 10:30:26  
Maybe we're just bad at the game, ya know? Or maybe I'm not remembering correctly. I can't say I put a lot of tender loving care into BST at the time of that attempt.
By Minaras84 2022-08-10 08:55:26  
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/August_2022_Version_Update_Changes

Gear is out
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2022-08-10 15:49:37  

Thank you.

The front page has been updated with Empyrean Armor placeholder images and links in each of the relevant JA/Trait sections.
[+]
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2022-08-10 16:05:06  
Nice savage blade/ooze earring kappa :)
By shamgi 2022-08-10 18:08:50  
At a glance, the feet seem like a great piece in general, the body getting WSD and having the Killer effect means it's super BiS for WSs on anything that has a killer effect(and meriting killer effects is way more valuable now), the legs seem nice for just having some DT in an idle or even a hybrid set, and the head is nice for when it matters.

And the hands are just +50 TP, which is always nice.
First Page 2 3 ... 148 149 150 ... 175 176 177