Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 147 148 149 ... 175 176 177
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2022-07-09 14:13:23  
Minaras84 said: »
Is there any gear combo that let us keep KI up or is the 1m downtime inevitable?

diamond aspis, perhaps.
[+]
 Bahamut.Nolatari
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Nolatari 2022-07-09 16:23:49  
I am going to be looking through the pages, but before I go off to do that, could someone DM what they currently use and some advice for building a Mistral Axe set? I was thinking it would be bascically the Nyame and STR/WSD accesories but if someone can verify or correct me that would be greatly appreciated.
By Nariont 2022-07-09 16:33:44  
Gleti's body/legs i think win at pdl cap over nyame otherwise that's basically it, nyame replaced any DM wsd augs that im aware of
By theoxreynolds 2022-07-09 17:29:34  
Thank you
By Minaras84 2022-07-09 19:34:16  
Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
Minaras84 said: »
Is there any gear combo that let us keep KI up or is the 1m downtime inevitable?

diamond aspis, perhaps.

Hahaha, oh well, i guess i'll be happy with the downtime
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-07-13 09:34:09  
The only PET: DMG+ gear outside of Nyame pet path is Agwu axe and Sroda Earring?

Anything for PUP or SMN that BST doesn't get?
By Nariont 2022-07-13 09:59:25  
to be clear thats just pet:melee dmg, i.e only works on AAs and phys ready moves, actually not sure if it applies to ranged. Nyame is different in that afaik it will effect everything dmg based, but no i think bst got all the dmg+ stuff
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-07-13 10:33:10  
Nariont said: »
to be clear thats just pet:melee dmg, i.e only works on AAs and phys ready moves, actually not sure if it applies to ranged. Nyame is different in that afaik it will effect everything dmg based, but no i think bst got all the dmg+ stuff

afaik its also + base damage, while Nyame is %
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-07-13 11:27:18  
I can't see myself doing the Nyame, but Falkirk's chart last page has me significantly more interested in dusting off BST for more than just Mboze. Doing more AA and physical ready moves is definitely the direction I would be going. I can't see BST beating out my RDM or RNG for single target magical damage.
By Nariont 2022-07-13 11:35:32  
Path D unless R30 adds something insane is simply a joke path so far as I can see considering what you're giving up in A/B/even C, so wouldnt call not having it some kind of flaw. The dmg+ stuff certaintly helped a bit though ready moves are still capped pretty low considering the delay used to activate them, on the magic end bst "forte" I guess has always leaned more towards aoe magic dmg rather than single target.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-07-14 13:21:58  
Anybody check if the new Locus Colibri are charmable? Just wondering.
[+]
 Asura.Hya
サーバ: Asura
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-07-14 14:12:01  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Not surprised but checked anyways:

I'm ML0 BST for reference. Tried Charm a few times on the Colibri and failed, but my Charm set is quite weak.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dajjal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dajjal 2022-07-14 14:18:58  
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Anything for PUP or SMN that BST doesn't get?

PUP gets Neo Animator, its not really used for the pet damage however.
[+]
By Bazing 2022-07-14 17:37:37  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Just tried it and Charm + Familiar lasted 43 mins. So can almost do back to back Familiars. No issue recharming them when it wore.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-07-14 20:57:23  
Is the Ranged Attack tag on Mistral Axe a fancy way of saying can't multi-attack?

Does it actually use Ranged Acc and Ranged attack for damage calculations?

Can it crit with sneak attack? Does it use the melee or ranged formula?

I'm trying to motivate myself to make another mythic and Aymur is becoming more likely. I'm going to be pretty angry if it turns out I'm just using Doli for Decimation spam 100% of the time with Agwu's in the offhand and not using it.
By Nariont 2022-07-14 21:53:20  
Its just a melee physical ws that can also be used at range, functions exactly the same as any other phys dmg varies ws otherwise

I'm trying to motivate myself to make another mythic and Aymur is becoming more likely. I'm going to be pretty angry if it turns out I'm just using Doli for Decimation spam 100% of the time with Agwu's in the offhand and not using it.

Thats the life of axe, its dolci deci spam fir phys 99% of the time, everything else is pretty middling, primal with mythic boost does decent along with cloudsplitter now that bst has a real magic ws set
[+]
By Thunderjet 2022-07-15 04:48:50  
some guy is botting dragua and some guy is buying off him, same guy has 5 other characters yea,, *** square enix
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-07-15 06:08:50  
Its just a melee physical ws that can also be used at range, functions exactly the same as any other phys dmg varies ws otherwise

Thats the life of axe, its dolci deci spam fir phys 99% of the time, everything else is pretty middling, primal with mythic boost does decent along with cloudsplitter now that bst has a real magic ws set

They really demotivate you from spending a bunch of time on their game, don't they?
By Nariont 2022-07-15 08:42:57  
Pet jobs are suffering man, to be clear axe ws aint terrible, but bang for your buck often times just spamming decimation is the way to go, that dmg bonus is just too good. If they'd ever gave bst a proper pet shield tri-edge mistral with fencer bonus' might fit in there somewhere(insert just use savage blade here) but bst can't have nice things.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-07-15 11:08:55  
The fact that Dolichenus has a +120% WS damage modifier bonus should be proof enough how terrible that WS was before the axe. They should have just revamped Axe altogether, as it would mostly help BST. It's a shame the position that weapon class is in. Clearly, SE is afraid of making BST too strong, so they intentionally limit it and say "hey, you can use a pet, too!". Both are mediocre, but serviceable for most things.

And you've probably heard this on literally every other niche-job's thread before, but simply using Naegling and spamming Savage Blade is usually the best DPS for jobs who have weaker class weapons. I get sick every single time I mention this to someone, but it has to be repeated. It really is sad
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-07-15 11:37:21  
I think I'm just too comfortable with the idea that you should have a REMA in your main and whatever the fotm offhand is. So I'm really just doing this to myself. Agwu's is so good that I definitely got ahead of myself thinking I could make a master and pet build that might get competitive in smaller parties when buffs might not be excessively plentiful. Getting pet acc from mastery levels only tossed fuel on that fire.
 Asura.Hotworks
user: arcajeth
By Asura.Hotworks 2022-07-15 11:44:09  
I might come back to the game to deck out a BST knowing that the gil could have and probably should have been spent on BLU DRK RNG etc. And then I ask myself why did I spent 150000 tokens and 100k Ichor and 500mil on this?
By Nariont 2022-07-15 12:00:01  
I think I'm just too comfortable with the idea that you should have a REMA in your main and whatever the fotm offhand is.

Well, as noted with naegling, some ambu weapons are basically rema's so hey dolci it is~ and it's not as if aymur is -bad-, magic ws' are just niche

I definitely got ahead of myself thinking I could make a master and pet build that might get competitive in smaller parties when buffs might not be excessively plentiful
In low buff situation you can kiiiinda pull this off, but really, the pet/master hybrid wagon sailed the moment they made the big ws change in... 2017? WS' needed a boost no doubt but like most things SE went overboard, which is a shame cause that was as close to "balanced" i think i ever saw pet dmg/blue magic dmg be vs the time lost swinging for TP + WS, hell even drg breaths were a consideration to build for back then, it was neat. But after that your best holdout was pup since it turns out not having a action delay to your most used pet commands and the pet having its own equipment really helps in it keeping pace, but its now a non-factor as much as the rest.

Oddly drgs the most functional pet/dd hybrid, where the pet simply exists
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-07-15 12:12:23  
At least Aymur buffs ready moves too, and tbh that’s the real niche of BST these days. Much more than pet damage.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-07-15 13:06:16  
No doubt, bst ready moves arent "useless" still plenty of utility in them, and their aoe dmg isn't terrible whether it be phys or magical, but overall dmg wise they've fallen off hard in any kind of buffed scenerio, whether it be due to pets not benefitting from buffs, the JA delay from using ready, or just the lower ceiling that all pet jobs suffer from compared to just swing and hit ws button and repeat
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-07-15 15:24:52  
On the plus side, thinking this much about a job i haven't touched in years is a good sign I'm probably just going to do it. Empy +2 around the corner gives me a little hope. As does shenanigans like charming top level mobs in ody and bringing them to halos and cruel joke on BLU. I really do miss having a janky job that clearly didn't listen to the PSAs for where the game is going.

Oddly drgs the most functional pet/dd hybrid, where the pet simply exists

It's hard to hate on a pet that just wants to hit stuff and heal you.
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2022-07-15 22:43:18  
No doubt, bst ready moves arent "useless" still plenty of utility in them, and their aoe dmg isn't terrible whether it be phys or magical, but overall dmg wise they've fallen off hard in any kind of buffed scenerio, whether it be due to pets not benefitting from buffs, the JA delay from using ready, or just the lower ceiling that all pet jobs suffer from compared to just swing and hit ws button and repeat

Most ready moves are useless because you are giving up -33atk/def and -10% hp debuff to use them.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2022-07-15 23:21:49  
Is the Ranged Attack tag on Mistral Axe a fancy way of saying can't multi-attack?

Does it actually use Ranged Acc and Ranged attack for damage calculations?

Can it crit with sneak attack? Does it use the melee or ranged formula?

Aymur is ok. It's a good all-round weapon and I never regret making one. Best pet physical and buff Ready weapon, best magic damage weapon, and a pretty good melee weapon with Mistral Axe spam. Doli definitely does put a damper on physical damage melee with your BST mythic, though.

Axe WS in general need some rework. Mistral Axe lags behind Savage Blade, needs a higher STR mod, a secondary stat mod, or an adjustment to http://fTP. Primal Rend/Cloudsplitter aren't bad now that we have real gear for them but the mods or scaling could be improved.
[+]
 Asura.Nyarlko
user: Nyarlko
By Asura.Nyarlko 2022-07-15 23:32:50  
Asura.Bixbite said: »

Most ready moves are useless because you are giving up -33atk/def and -10% hp debuff to use them.

Make NQ jugs stack to 99 (lower NPC cost & increase synth yields while we're at it) > reset JA timer on Call Beast if pet is dismissed while at 100% HP > allow buff/heal Ready moves w/o pet being engaged.
Now, more Ready moves are not-useless.

I'll happily spend the extra gil involved w/ changing the role of jugs to proper ammo in exchange for the expansive toolbox of tricks it would give us access to.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 147 148 149 ... 175 176 177