Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 149 150 151 ... 175 176 177
 Asura.Sirris
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2022-08-10 21:23:28  
I wonder how much more pet DT will be on the +3 legs? We've been creeping towards pet DT cap for ages now. Newer BSTs probably don't care so much about this, however, lol.

Feet will be BiS for Decimation for sure, yeah? Earring is also very very nice for all physical weaponskills at capped attack.

I'm pleased with what we got. It's not huge like some jobs but we also didn't get overlooked like certain others (BLU, BLM).
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2022-08-11 08:20:43  
I'm seeing inconsistent messaging about Nukumi Quijotes 0/1/2

Nukumi Quijotes lists Stout Servant +1 on some bgwiki pages and Stout Servant +2 on others

likewise for Quijotes +1 listing Stout Servant +2 on some pages and Stout Servant +4 on others.
I'm pretty sure its a confusion between tier upgrade of the trait, and the actual damage reduction value gained.

However, because of this the actual value of damage reduction on Quijotes +2 is unclear.
I'm guessing it reduces pet damage by 6% total, and the +3 version will reduce pet damage by 8% total

but will need confirmation since the listings are inconsistent.

Wonderfully, the body has the anticipated WSD +8%. I'm expecting +10% on the +3 version.
This is exactly be best synergy for killer effects and wsd. However, there may still be situations where Nyame body path B is still better for Primal Rend and Cloudsplitter.

hmm wonder if pet path nyame may actually be justifiable.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2022-08-11 15:09:24  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
I'm seeing inconsistent messaging about Nukumi Quijotes 0/1/2

Nukumi Quijotes lists Stout Servant +1 on some bgwiki pages and Stout Servant +2 on others

likewise for Quijotes +1 listing Stout Servant +2 on some pages and Stout Servant +4 on others.

The wiki pages likely have remnants of Empyrean Leg Armor description text from before the May 2017 Version Update.

May 2017 Version Update note:

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
The update to Nukumi Quijotes +1 text makes me feel like we didn't properly test them... (;.;)

bg-wiki looks correct.. I wonder if I simply forgot when I switched to other -dt legs long ago. I was always thinking it was only a 2% improvement in -dt

... but I think I'm just forgetting.

Your testing was good. This was simply a text update to make the Pet:DT-X% effect less perplexing:

Before: Stout Servant+2 = Pet:DT-4%
Now: Stout Servant+4 = Pet:DT-4%

So you're correct, these Nukumi Quijotes +2 (Stout Servant+6) are essentially Pet:DT-6%.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-08-11 15:40:46  
Wonderfully, the body has the anticipated WSD +8%. I'm expecting +10% on the +3 version.

Im expecting +3 to be much harder to get and WSD will be at least 12% and maybe even 14-16%.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2022-08-11 19:12:42  
The update to Nukumi Quijotes +1 text makes me feel like we didn't properly test them... (;.;)

bg-wiki looks correct.. I wonder if I simply forgot when I switched to other -dt legs long ago. I was always thinking it was only a 2% improvement in -dt

... but I think I'm just forgetting.

Your testing was good. This was simply a text update to make the Pet:DT-X% effect less perplexing:

Before: Stout Servant+2 = Pet:DT-4%
Now: Stout Servant+4 = Pet:DT-4%

So you're correct, these Nukumi Quijotes +2 (Stout Servant+6) are essentially Pet:DT-6%.
;.;

you always have to show that my memory has gone :P

ty

Yes I would like it if gausape +3 has 12%+ wsd on it.. but who knows.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2022-08-11 19:35:22  
;.;
Luv you, BSTbro.
hmm wonder if pet path nyame may actually be justifiable.

It's the only way to maximize Digest damage, so... Of course. :)
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-08-15 15:28:08  
Perhaps I overlooked some discussion from when Sroda accessories were introduced, but to confirm: Sroda Earring worth it as a BiS master TP option for builds other than Aymur AM3 up?

Now that Sroda is considerably cheaper than when it first arrived (I got one last month for 5mil), I've been more interested in thinking about it and have tentatively adjusted my Doli and Guttler TP sets to use Sherida/Sroda for earrings. For /NIN DW I use a DW+10 back (and obviously single wield sets don't need that), which is where I prefer to get my DW and frees me up to use Sailfi+1 and non-DW earrings. Same logic that is now pretty well accepted for a lot of other DW jobs needing DW11 to cap when /NIN (e.g., COR RDM BRD), where they using DW back and coming in 1 DW shy of capped (negligible DPS impact) instead of using DW earrings/waist.

What about earrings in Aymur AM3 set (if also using DW back)? Telos/Dedition, probably?Sherida/Dedition (spaced on that for a minute! Thanks, Bippin)

Obviously, if Empyrean JSE earrings have great augments that might change the analysis too. But meh, I personally don't expect I'll often be able to take advantage of PDL on ear, so prob won't be worth if for me to use in master-focused TP sets.

Possible we'll see even more WSD on the +3 version, I've seen a few comments reasonably wondering whether the WSD+8 on Empy+2 pieces might mean WSD+15 on the Empy+3. Seems likely to me, I can see the logic since AF and Relic pieces have generally been WSD+5 for the +2 version and doubling that to WSD+10 for the +3.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-08-15 15:31:04  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
What about earrings in Aymur AM3 set (if also using DW back)? Telos/Dedition, probably?
Sherida/Deition
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-08-15 15:35:09  
Asura.Bippin said: »
What about earrings in Aymur AM3 set (if also using DW back)? Telos/Dedition, probably?
Sherida/Deition

Er, yeah! Thanks for that correction :)

Sooo... any thoughts on Sroda in non-AM3 sets?
 Asura.Pusheen
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Pusheen 2022-08-19 16:08:17  
Anyone else done sortie on BST? Seems like its glitched for pets? My pets were taking TONs of damage and doing very little dmg. Makes me think they are being summoned at Lv99.

Anyone else notice?
 Bismarck.Celerin
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Celerin
By Bismarck.Celerin 2022-08-19 16:23:28  
I took it in there last night and used the mega crab because it was the only thing I could get KI on in the whole instance and to 3 step to take out those amorphs.

Damage is about what I expected honestly. My pet didn't take a whole lot of damage, I think I used 3 rewards the entire run till I got to Leshonn.

At least I can upgrade my hands and feet now...
By phunky 2022-08-19 16:28:05  
I did once. Used the crab pet for KI and Defdown. Didn't notice him taking more damage but he didn't usually have aggro. He did seem to get stuck a lot or lagged behind a lot which was annoying.
By shamgi 2022-08-19 19:07:30  
Took it in yesterday to see.

With Malaise bubble, Patrick was doing 20k Fireballs to the A group mobs. He was managing around 11k without, which was super surprising.

Gaston was around 20k on A mobs as well, and around 10-15k on Elementals(barring Thunder and Earth, of course).

Neither triggered anything but the kill x mobs portion, though at the moment people still haven't nailed down what triggers the effects.

Bertha did 15-20k on A mobs as well, but I jumped the gun before tank had hate and immediately lost him.

So it's looking like at least in A and B cleaving can certainly work, though if they can trigger effects is still an open question.

Used the Slug on the B boss, no HP down landed, and the -33% didn't seem to have a huge effect but given he's almost entirely magical that's a given. Will have to test more going forward.
 Phoenix.Iocus
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-08-19 21:50:10  
phunky said: »
I did once. Used the crab pet for KI and Defdown. Didn't notice him taking more damage but he didn't usually have aggro. He did seem to get stuck a lot or lagged behind a lot which was annoying.

They are probably Gravitied. Valan and all my trusts took a solid 2 minutes to show up to the next map once and I noticed after that i was done with the mobs he was walking really slow. Danced it off him and he started running again. Francy reward body getting work
[+]
By shamgi 2022-08-21 20:30:16  
BST +2 Earring finally dropped for someone.

Looks like it's Pet DA and STR/CHA.

I think SE is pushing us pretty hard towards a hybrid build. Sorta Earring, Agwu's Axe, Gleti's Boots, and Nukimi Earring gives us +2 pet level and +20 DMG. It's fairly trivial to get the pet to around 50 DA minimum. Only two issues is how much multi hit can we get in the same setup, and can we max the pet's ATK enough to let it put out any sort of white damage?

Comboing Guttler with either Rage(for pure swings) or the tiger(for double dark) might be interesting, if not optimal.
By Nariont 2022-08-21 23:04:30  
Unless its changed, pets white dmg is still pretty poor, also the fact the pet can't cap haste outside of raaz's snort, and for whatever reason SE is really enjoying keeping pet:haste off gear recently making slotting those in a bit awkward which just makes whatever white dmg potential even worse. Then to add to it the selection of ready moves that DA benefit from is fairly small, raaz probably the most effective since cost is low and it provides a strong def down/can haste itself. And lastly is just the joy that comes from swapping pets around whether it be for a self buff or debuff should those situations be applicable.

Think it's more likely SE just doesn't really know where to place BST atm and thus what to give them.
[+]
 Asura.Aylaina
By Asura.Aylaina 2022-08-22 22:21:29  
Hi Beastmasters, been playing BST a lot recently, as I'm the only one in my linkshell insane enough to gear it. I was wondering what weapons are best to go for ASAP? Mostly speaking in terms of REMAs, but any particularly must have weapons in another battlefield would be nice too. I've got my pet Kumbas and a Kaja Axe so far (pulse is being a *** to get), and I was wondering where I should invest in terms of Ultimate weapon. I see that Aymur is pretty great for the pet, but considering how much in favor of master damage the game is, should I be bothering with something else? Guttler, Farsha, Tri-Edge, or something else entirely?
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2022-08-23 01:00:51  
Asura.Aylaina said: »
Hi Beastmasters, been playing BST a lot recently, as I'm the only one in my linkshell insane enough to gear it. I was wondering what weapons are best to go for ASAP? Mostly speaking in terms of REMAs, but any particularly must have weapons in another battlefield would be nice too. I've got my pet Kumbas and a Kaja Axe so far (pulse is being a *** to get), and I was wondering where I should invest in terms of Ultimate weapon. I see that Aymur is pretty great for the pet, but considering how much in favor of master damage the game is, should I be bothering with something else? Guttler, Farsha, Tri-Edge, or something else entirely?

Dolichenus is our best melee weapon. It's worth upgrading Kaja Axe to that stage. Aymur and Tri-edge perform well at R15 (with Mistral Axe) but Doli is impossible to beat for master damage, and master damage in today's meta is most important. Buy a pulse weapon, or get it with deeds or from Reisenjima goblin.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-08-23 01:13:57  

Honestly, your top 2 weapon priorities are probably non-RMEAs. Dolichenus for pure master DPS, and Agwu's Axe (even with no augments at all) is a fantastic offhand for master and pet.

Aymur is still the king for pet-focused weapons, and probably the "best" BST RMEA option. As you pointed out, the pet's DPS tends to be less of a focus these days and the pet buffs/debuffs tend to be a bigger deal. It's still nice to have the extra TP for lots of ready moves though - whether that helps land a debuff or boost some damage. Master DPS is also solid with Mythic AM3, and Primal Rend is a pretty good WS.

Guttler and Tri-Edge serve a similar purpose as Doli, as master-focused physical-oriented weapons - so probably unnecessary since Ambu weapon exists. That being said, Guttler at least gets some pet atk and Onslaught has good SC properties. I like to solo some stuff with Bertha or Zhivago, doing double Darkness (Onslaught > Tegmina/Pentapeck > Onslaught).

Farsha is pretty niche, IMO. But if you want a good magical WS weapon, Farsha/Cloudsplitter fits the bill.
 Asura.Aylaina
By Asura.Aylaina 2022-08-23 03:14:20  
Asura.Sirris said: »

Dolichenus is our best melee weapon. It's worth upgrading Kaja Axe to that stage. Aymur and Tri-edge perform well at R15 (with Mistral Axe) but Doli is impossible to beat for master damage, and master damage in today's meta is most important. Buy a pulse weapon, or get it with deeds or from Reisenjima goblin.

Honestly, your top 2 weapon priorities are probably non-RMEAs. Dolichenus for pure master DPS, and Agwu's Axe (even with no augments at all) is a fantastic offhand for master and pet.

Aymur is still the king for pet-focused weapons, and probably the "best" BST RMEA option. As you pointed out, the pet's DPS tends to be less of a focus these days and the pet buffs/debuffs tend to be a bigger deal. It's still nice to have the extra TP for lots of ready moves though - whether that helps land a debuff or boost some damage. Master DPS is also solid with Mythic AM3, and Primal Rend is a pretty good WS.

Guttler and Tri-Edge serve a similar purpose as Doli, as master-focused physical-oriented weapons - so probably unnecessary since Ambu weapon exists. That being said, Guttler at least gets some pet atk and Onslaught has good SC properties. I like to solo some stuff with Bertha or Zhivago, doing double Darkness (Onslaught > Tegmina/Pentapeck > Onslaught).

Farsha is pretty niche, IMO. But if you want a good magical WS weapon, Farsha/Cloudsplitter fits the bill.

Thanks for the advice, I'll focus on getting Doli upgraded and getting Agwu (Segments are hard, no static, and Asura yell is... very demanding of gear). I'll consider an Aymur maybe in the far future, and might do a Guttler sooner just as a fun toy for myself.
By Nariont 2022-08-23 04:35:36  
There's also the tried and true method of naegling and savage blade all the things, which will generally beat out mistral axe pretty handily
[+]
 Bahamut.Sukoshi
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Vishnuff
By Bahamut.Sukoshi 2022-08-24 04:44:26  
Can u guys tell me, whats the best BST solo setup (equip + pet) for Kraken Club BCNM ?
Thank You
By Bleak34 2022-08-24 05:24:38  
For KC BCNM use the Funguar Pet (Can Purchase in Kazham) and for equip, sub dnc for some light heals and dual wield, or /whm for barwater/blind, equip anything iLvl or near lv60 is fine and bring pet food. Its a simple fight, should only need 1 Pet food per fight. Just spam that frogkick and good luck!
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-08-24 05:33:50  
You can also just take PUP and two shot it ;)
[+]
 Bahamut.Sukoshi
By Bahamut.Sukoshi 2022-08-24 06:44:12  
Bleak34 said: »
For KC BCNM use the Funguar Pet (Can Purchase in Kazham) and for equip, sub dnc for some light heals and dual wield, or /whm for barwater/blind, equip anything iLvl or near lv60 is fine and bring pet food. Its a simple fight, should only need 1 Pet food per fight. Just spam that frogkick and good luck!

Thank You /bow
 Bahamut.Sukoshi
By Bahamut.Sukoshi 2022-08-24 06:44:36  
SimonSes said: »
You can also just take PUP and two shot it ;)

I have no idea, how to play PUP :/
By Bazing 2022-08-24 08:01:51  
Bahamut.Sukoshi said: »
Can u guys tell me, whats the best BST solo setup (equip + pet) for Kraken Club BCNM ?
Thank You

Como is your best friend. https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/C._Carrion_Broth
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2022-08-24 19:47:34  
Nukumi Quijotes +2

"Stout Servant"+6 effect = 60/1024
combined with Stout Servant III Job Trait (92/1024)

4000 Needles Damage = floor(4000 * (1 - 152/1024)) = 3406

[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2022-08-27 06:18:22  
Hey not sure if this was common knowledge or not, but I tested Nukumi Earring and It needs to be worn full time for the Level +1 stats to be taken into effect. Same as Gleti's Boots.
[+]
By IGDC 2022-08-31 17:39:06  
I just finished RP'ing my nyame gear to r25 with zee slug and want to move onto other NMs. Is Ngai/Kalunga viable this way as well or should i start thinking about doing 1hrs on pup? (I'm solo and no multibox chars available)
First Page 2 3 ... 149 150 151 ... 175 176 177