Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 71 72 73 ... 110 111 112
By eliroo 2019-03-13 11:46:55  
I actually came to ask that too since the guide doesn't really list an impulse drive set. Is the damage all put into the first hit or distributed to both?

If its always a crit stacking Crit damage > Wsd > str seems like the best plan. Wiki says the FTP is 1 at 1k TP, would that mean fotia is a good option?
By Ozaii 2019-03-13 13:29:13  
Only isssue is that its not always a crit. Just has a better chance of forcing a crit with more tp. Think ejin caitsith posted a youtube video saying it was around 50% chance when shooting off at 3k. Also I think that its first hit heavy. But i am not 100% about that.
 Asura.Lunafreya
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2019-03-13 13:48:38  
Correct me if I am wrong but if you are gearing for the chance that the crit is forced, wouldn't crit dmg be equal to WS damage anyway?

I think it would be smarter to just stick with straight WSD in all slots so you gain the benefit even in the occurrences of non-crits.
 Asura.Reichleiu
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2019-03-13 13:58:53  
Asura.Lunafreya said: »
Correct me if I am wrong but if you are gearing for the chance that the crit is forced, wouldn't crit dmg be equal to WS damage anyway?

I think it would be smarter to just stick with straight WSD in all slots so you gain the benefit even in the occurrences of non-crits.

If it doesn't force it to be 100%, Crit Rate should beat both cdmg and wsdmg I would think. For instance, if it's like 20% crit at 1k tp, I would think crate would win out.

That's how most crit hit WSs are geared at least. Crit rate for consistency, then crit damage next. Most don't require wsd simply because most of them (evis, drakesbane, vorpal blade, etc) are multi-hit - but I would assume wsd would come after crit rate/damage.
By Ozaii 2019-03-13 15:01:25  
Yea also the crit damage applies to all hits whereas the wsdam will only be the first.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-13 16:35:17  
Ozaii said: »
Yea also the crit damage applies to all hits whereas the wsdam will only be the first.

The issue with crit damage is that unless it's 100%, it ends up being a percentage of a percentage of a percentage so it gets watered down pretty quickly unless it's in large amounts. Once we know the TP scaling of the crit rate bonus we could figure out where the cut off between WSD and CHD is.
By Ozaii 2019-03-13 16:54:28  
Yea but since you should be tossing impulse out at higher tp counts and drg can easily do this cuz of all the extra tp they get from jumps. It will more than likely perform extremely well. But ejin just posted a bit on the war guide about it if you wanna read up more on it.
By Ozaii 2019-03-13 16:55:00  
Maybe gear it like a camlanns drakes hybrid at this point.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-13 17:00:04  
Yea but since you should be tossing impulse out at higher tp counts and drg can easily do this cuz of all the extra tp they get from jumps. It will more than likely perform extremely well. But ejin just posted a bit on the war guide about it if you wanna read up more on it.

Already did, at 3K it's around 25% crit which is less then normal crit WS and your DRG's not WAR's. WSD +10 will do better then CHD +10 for example.
By Ozaii 2019-03-13 17:08:47  
Is there anyrhing significant war gets other than blood rage that makes them gear differently? Its their innate ma isnt it. Also keep in mind idk war. Very much at least. Just bits and pieces and such.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-13 17:25:51  
Is there anyrhing significant war gets other than blood rage that makes them gear differently? Its their innate ma isnt it. Also keep in mind idk war. Very much at least. Just bits and pieces and such.

Gifts.

WAR's relevant gifts are

Crit Rate +10%
Crit Damage +10%
Double Attack +10%
WSD +3.

Then JTs and Merits like more Double Attack / CHD

JP's raise Blood Rage from +20% Crit rate to +40%.

We all start off with 5% crit rate then add another 5% from merits and since DRG doesn't get any other bonus to crit rate, your floor is 10% vs WAR's 20%.

So you can see, adding 10% damage to a proc that happens 25% of the time is less then 10% to 60% of a WS's damage (more at higher TP).
[+]
By Ozaii 2019-03-13 17:27:18  
Oh yea i can see that being an issue. That sucks. I just rolled some nice augs for crit damage.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-03-13 17:33:17  
I wonder if the crit effect stacks on WS with native crit? I mean, even if it did, I don't think it'd be enough to make non-ryu Drakes worth using, but I'm curious about the mechanics.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-13 18:17:01  
Actually I take back the WSD comment cause I just looked at it again, under 1500TP the first hit isn't that strong and DA / Crit might actually be better. Over 2K it's definitely WSD though.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-03-13 19:01:14  
The breakpoints is ~1300 displayed tp. Unless crit gearing changes that significantly.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2019-03-13 19:38:55  
Wait so the latest upgrade to the weapon allows Impulse Drive to crit now?
 Phoenix.Luxxord
サーバ: Phoenix
user: luxxord
By Phoenix.Luxxord 2019-03-13 22:05:55  
Any weaponskill can crit as long as you have the polearm equipped.

Also it seems like 3k TP gives around 50% crit rate on the first hit, not sure about hits after that.

I'm mostly curious what a Stardiver set with this weapon would look like, and how it would perform, if anyone could test this thatd be great
 Phoenix.Luxxord
サーバ: Phoenix
user: luxxord
By Phoenix.Luxxord 2019-03-13 22:11:56  
Also I tried the new polearm in V1 VD as DRG/SAM using only Impulse Drive at 3k TP. Best run had me at 38k average WS using my far-from-perfect Camlann's Torment set. Definitely slower than R15 Trish but pretty good DPS for such an easy weapon to acquire.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-03-13 23:43:19  
Phoenix.Luxxord said: »
Any weaponskill can crit as long as you have the polearm equipped.

Also it seems like 3k TP gives around 50% crit rate on the first hit, not sure about hits after that.

I'm mostly curious what a Stardiver set with this weapon would look like, and how it would perform, if anyone could test this thatd be great

It's not 50% crit rate on the first hit. It's around +15-20% crit rate on all hits from weapon itself at 3000TP. The rest comes from other sources like merits, base, ddex, gear etc.
By SimonSes 2019-03-14 00:02:39  
That would be the set I would consider using with low TP Impulse if I had all pieces. If someone can test that, that would be cool :P

ItemSet 365593
 Asura.Smoky
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2019-03-14 00:54:47  
eliroo said: »
I actually came to ask that too since the guide doesn't really list an impulse drive set. Is the damage all put into the first hit or distributed to both?

If its always a crit stacking Crit damage > Wsd > str seems like the best plan. Wiki says the FTP is 1 at 1k TP, would that mean fotia is a good option?

Yea can someone post a Shining One Impulse Drive WS set please. Thanks.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-03-14 00:58:12  
literally above you
 Asura.Smoky
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2019-03-14 01:06:51  
Siren.Kyte said: »
literally above you

For some reason i thought that was TP set. Thanks.
By SimonSes 2019-03-14 05:28:18  
Asura.Smoky said: »
Siren.Kyte said: »
literally above you

For some reason i thought that was TP set. Thanks.

Remember thats for low tp. For high tp you want to use WSD gear.
 Shiva.Flowen
サーバ: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2019-03-14 09:22:04  
Asura.Smoky said: »
eliroo said: »

Yea can someone post a Shining One Impulse Drive WS set please. Thanks.

YouTube Video Placeholder

https://gfycat.com/unawarejitteryisabellinewheatear

Ask this guy lol
[+]
By Cronnus 2019-03-14 09:57:27  
SimonSes said: »
That would be the set I would consider using with low TP Impulse if I had all pieces. If someone can test that, that would be cool :P

ItemSet 365593

So my valorous feet are 5% crit damage (probably needs changed to crit rate). I do not have Dgn Collar or Dagon.
In place of those all I have is Lustratio Harness +1 (double attack and STR path. Probably need to switch to crit path). Cape is WSD and STR 30. Neck I don't have anything remotely close to mimic 4% crit and that kind of STR. So it was basically open :(

100 WS's and I probably only saw an average of 20k (low TP). Had two spike to 43k and 47k on apex bats in dho gates(3k TP). I even would use stardiver to lower their crit evasion. Never really saw any difference there.

I really can't see how this weapon beats rema. Unless maybe in a party setup with Rogue roll and Ramuh favor? Otherwise self skillchaining seems far superior.
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-03-14 10:10:22  
People are getting bandwagon whiplash w/ all these weapons and videos.
[+]
By Cronnus 2019-03-14 10:35:47  
Shiva.Arislan said: »
People are getting bandwagon whiplash w/ all these weapons and videos.

Lol It costs absolutely nothing to make it. I've had vouchers and things saved since they've introduced them. I have plenty of pulse weapons. It was fun to test. That being said, it could be extremely good in the right hands. My dragoon is trash and 47k is pretty good with trusts. In a party set up and in the right hands this polearm I'm sure shits on rema. Sure, bandwagon, but that's like with all weapons first introduced in the game.
By SimonSes 2019-03-14 11:07:37  
Cronnus said: »
SimonSes said: »

ItemSet 365593

So my valorous feet are 5% crit damage (probably needs changed to crit rate). I do not have Dgn Collar or Dagon.
In place of those all I have is Lustratio Harness +1 (double attack and STR path. Probably need to switch to crit path). Cape is WSD and STR 30. Neck I don't have anything remotely close to mimic 4% crit and that kind of STR. So it was basically open :(

100 WS's and I probably only saw an average of 20k (low TP). Had two spike to 43k and 47k on apex bats in dho gates(3k TP). I even would use stardiver to lower their crit evasion. Never really saw any difference there.

I really can't see how this weapon beats rema. Unless maybe in a party setup with Rogue roll and Ramuh favor? Otherwise self skillchaining seems far superior.

Was that 3k TP WS in 50%+ WSD gear? or same set as for low tp?

Rogue roll is a must imo. Also optimal use of this weapon is WSing at 2000+ with WSD and Rogue roll. Its really about party composition too. If you pair this polearm user with COR GEO BRD DNC WHM, DNC can use Tauret and do Feather Step and both DNC and Polearm user will benefit from Rogue roll and Feather Step.

From practical perspective this polearm was used by Ejin on SAM in his Dynamis yesterday and he was saying that he never saw volte dying so fast in his previous attempts. His avg on Volte mobs was 42k. He was holding TP to 2000-3000, which for SAM is still objectively high WS frequency.
First Page 2 3 ... 71 72 73 ... 110 111 112