Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 68 69 70
By dustinfoley 2014-10-03 08:23:03  
Maybe im missing something with Qaaxo (feet) vs Battlecast (feet). Or are you guys talking about unaugmented Qaaxo? Because i assumed everyone builds their qaaxo with path b to make sure they are usable in all acc situations

Qaaxo are:
+4 str
+5 acc
-3 dex
-2 stp

I would think qaaxo would beat battlecast since 2 stp is pretty inconsiquential, and the total acc of qaaxo (dex+ raw) > the total acc of battlecast.
 Phoenix.Mudrunner
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Mudrunner
By Phoenix.Mudrunner 2014-10-03 08:55:49  
I
dustinfoley said: »
Maybe im missing something with Qaaxo (feet) vs Battlecast (feet). Or are you guys talking about unaugmented Qaaxo? Because i assumed everyone builds their qaaxo with path b to make sure they are usable in all acc situations

Qaaxo are:
+4 str
+5 acc
-3 dex
-2 stp

I would think qaaxo would beat battlecast since 2 stp is pretty inconsiquential, and the total acc of qaaxo (dex+ raw) > the total acc of battlecast.

The total acc difference is 3 acc. Have to consider 24 dex= 18acc, TO 21dex = 15 acc (floored) The rest of the stats pulls battlecaster ahead. Plus path C are a better WS and TP piece then path B.

The common feet options where compared (stat wise) about 1-2 pages back.

EDIT: I sat down on lunch and did the math on my napkin. Was 33 to talk ACC VS 35 ACC.
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-10-03 12:51:33  
Phoenix.Mudrunner said: »
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Also for a high Acc Tinhaspa set:
ItemSet 269208
This was coming out best and if you need to you can still switch out Windbuffet+1 for Hurch or Manibozho for Qaaxo as I've said before.

What is our target? Buffs? Food? This is a great set but still room for more ACC. just may want to present those options for people.

Building sets for incursion is a little complex. As you have different levels of incursion, different lvl of NMs, THF based mobs and so on. I have 4 different Acc sets increasing in ACC and defense. And the a final ACC vomit set.

I do believe most the sparks gear is great for MDB. not all. But I know a few choices are choice.

I'm a big fan of my otronif gear. I only have one set and I went for a minimum 3% pdt/mdt on it. That was my priority augment. Then working for DA/crit.

Something entry lvl players need to expect is. Our gear may not be good enough and you may need to have another job geared so you can aquire what you need.

EDIT: I missed you more on the bottom about belt and legs. Guess just mention of Qaaxo hands, and ring options.
This was using Tojil on a target, sushi as food(because sadly we still sorta need it) and semi-minimal buffs (March, Minuetx2, no Cor because you don't always get the luxury.) So for things like incursion or Delve II you would need to make the swaps I mentioned after the gear set, unless you're getting outside accuracy buffs.

You're correct in Qaaxo Mittens are another switch that can be made for accuracy purposes. No idea why I didn't mention them last night. They've been added in.

For ring options, when I beefed up evasion to a point where it seemed logical to attempt to trade Rajas/Eponas out, switching to Accuracy rings either netted very little DPS increase or none at all, especially when removing Eponas.

For Battlecast vs Qaaxo B. Mudrunner hit it pretty much on the head.

In the end you lose out on 3 accuracy not using Qaaxo B, but How often are you going to need that 3 extra accuracy? As for the stats over Qaaxo, 3 Str means higher fSTR and ~1-2 more attack(so tiny but still it's there and it contributes) and 3Dex also add into dDex for crit rates as for extra stp? While it's an extremely insignificant amount TP overflow is still a much bigger boost to damage than it used to be.

For practicality reasons: You'd have to make two Qaaxo because as Mudrunner said Path C is actually one of our best if not the best WS piece for us. I know I'm over the top and going for optimal conditions but even I understand no one wants to make 2 versions of the same delve item.

Speaking of WS sets.
Keep in mind this is still a bit of a work in progress. Feel free to yell out revisions or discrepancies.

ItemSet 329086
Tojil, Sole Sushi(because Riverfin is too damn expensive!), Minuet x2

Something to Note: Wanion > Prosilio +1 > Windbuffet +1 however they are all relatively close. As Att buffs go down Prosilio +1 starts to edge out Wanion. So if you never get more than 1 Minuet, you may be better off sticking with Prosilio.

Whirlpool only looks to beat Uk' if you have absolutely no attack buffs and even then it's by an incredibly small margin, however if you fighting something highly evasive obviously slap Whirlpool in to land your hits.

I am incredibly happy to see we have a new ring to overtake Spiral but I'll admit the price tag on Ifrit +1 still makes me sad.
NQ is a minimal increase to Spiral, especially if you're not getting at least 2 attack buffs so stick with it if you don't have HQ.
By Darknightleo 2014-10-07 04:42:57  
With Eminent Animator, Scope attachment, and no +skill gear/food Ranged accuracy with 3x wind is 886 after adjustment. Better, but still a ways to go.
 Odin.Esor
サーバ: Odin
user: esor
By Odin.Esor 2014-10-07 04:48:40  
i forgot to check beforehand but ill list my post update stats.

Divinator ,optic fiber ,scope ,no food , post update:

no maneuvers racc 863/ ratk 1015

3 maneuvers racc 912/ ratk 1015

geared no maneuvers racc 937

geared 3 maneuvers racc 984

acc set: regimens, rigors, pitre 109, hurchlan = racc+ 68

more importantly, racc at 920 with drum magazine and no maneuvers.
896 with 3 wind. which would be my average base Racc. i never use sharpshot without drum mag. potential dps loss is too great.
 Phoenix.Mudrunner
By Phoenix.Mudrunner 2014-10-07 07:59:00  
Damn. And I meant to check all my base stats before.going to bed last night. From what y'all are finding. They really need to update attachments to take effect after iLVL stats.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-10-08 13:31:12  
Damn. And I meant to check all my base stats before.going to bed last night. From what y'all are finding. They really need to update attachments to take effect after iLVL stats.
This.

But they at least attempted to throw us a bone. I'll be appreciative, for now.
 Phoenix.Mudrunner
By Phoenix.Mudrunner 2014-10-08 15:31:12  
Also for a high Acc Tinhaspa set:
ItemSet 269208
This was coming out best and if you need to you can still switch out Windbuffet+1 for Hurch or Manibozho for Qaaxo as I've said before.

What is our target? Buffs? Food? This is a great set but still room for more ACC. just may want to present those options for people.

Building sets for incursion is a little complex. As you have different levels of incursion, different lvl of NMs, THF based mobs and so on. I have 4 different Acc sets increasing in ACC and defense. And the a final ACC vomit set.

I do believe most the sparks gear is great for MDB. not all. But I know a few choices are choice.

I'm a big fan of my otronif gear. I only have one set and I went for a minimum 3% pdt/mdt on it. That was my priority augment. Then working for DA/crit.

Something entry lvl players need to expect is. Our gear may not be good enough and you may need to have another job geared so you can aquire what you need.

EDIT: I missed you more on the bottom about belt and legs. Guess just mention of Qaaxo hands, and ring options.
This was using Tojil on a target, sushi as food(because sadly we still sorta need it) and semi-minimal buffs (March, Minuetx2, no Cor because you don't always get the luxury.) So for things like incursion or Delve II you would need to make the swaps I mentioned after the gear set, unless you're getting outside accuracy buffs.

You're correct in Qaaxo Mittens are another switch that can be made for accuracy purposes. No idea why I didn't mention them last night. They've been added in.

For ring options, when I beefed up evasion to a point where it seemed logical to attempt to trade Rajas/Eponas out, switching to Accuracy rings either netted very little DPS increase or none at all, especially when removing Eponas.

For Battlecast vs Qaaxo B. Mudrunner hit it pretty much on the head.

In the end you lose out on 3 accuracy not using Qaaxo B, but How often are you going to need that 3 extra accuracy? As for the stats over Qaaxo, 3 Str means higher fSTR and ~1-2 more attack(so tiny but still it's there and it contributes) and 3Dex also add into dDex for crit rates as for extra stp? While it's an extremely insignificant amount TP overflow is still a much bigger boost to damage than it used to be.

For practicality reasons: You'd have to make two Qaaxo because as Mudrunner said Path C is actually one of our best if not the best WS piece for us. I know I'm over the top and going for optimal conditions but even I understand no one wants to make 2 versions of the same delve item.

Speaking of WS sets.
Keep in mind this is still a bit of a work in progress. Feel free to yell out revisions or discrepancies.

ItemSet 329086
Tojil, Sole Sushi(because Riverfin is too damn expensive!), Minuet x2

Something to Note: Wanion > Prosilio +1 > Windbuffet +1 however they are all relatively close. As Att buffs go down Prosilio +1 starts to edge out Wanion. So if you never get more than 1 Minuet, you may be better off sticking with Prosilio.

Whirlpool only looks to beat Uk' if you have absolutely no attack buffs and even then it's by an incredibly small margin, however if you fighting something highly evasive obviously slap Whirlpool in to land your hits.

I am incredibly happy to see we have a new ring to overtake Spiral but I'll admit the price tag on Ifrit +1 still makes me sad.
NQ is a minimal increase to Spiral, especially if you're not getting at least 2 attack buffs so stick with it if you don't have HQ.

Something to note for Kenkon PUPs. Pitre +1 body and Qaaxo hands path A i have winning for tojil set. Not having the ACC bonus from tinhaspa we see larger gains from these pieces then tinhaspa users dont.
Kenkonken users for hands Qaaxo A> Otronif +1> Nomkahpa +1
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-10-08 16:18:21  
Currently transitioning from 2 jobs down to 1 so I'll have more time to work on sets in about a week.

That said I wanna look a bit more at the Kenkonken sets(both AM3 up and down).

Also Mud, was that AM3 up or down? I could understand the body switch if its up since it devalues multi hit stats but down... I find it hard to swallow right now. Either way I'll accept it until I have time to play with spreadsheets myself.
 Phoenix.Mudrunner
By Phoenix.Mudrunner 2014-10-08 17:02:44  
Currently transitioning from 2 jobs down to 1 so I'll have more time to work on sets in about a week.

That said I wanna look a bit more at the Kenkonken sets(both AM3 up and down).

Also Mud, was that AM3 up or down? I could understand the body switch if its up since it devalues multi hit stats but down... I find it hard to swallow right now. Either way I'll accept it until I have time to play with spreadsheets myself.

AM down. And this is in your WS set. Our TP set finds are both the same.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-10-08 17:07:31  
Yea I saw the ws set part. Hmm, I suppose it's understandable. I'm probably just being overly stubborn towards our +1 upgrades. XP
 Phoenix.Mudrunner
By Phoenix.Mudrunner 2014-10-08 17:08:09  
Over the weekend I hope to do the same with AM up and down. As well as sets for the higher lvl mobs we are finding in incursion.
 Phoenix.Mudrunner
By Phoenix.Mudrunner 2014-10-08 17:12:21  
Yea I saw the ws set part. Hmm, I suppose it's understandable. I'm probably just being overly stubborn towards our +1 upgrades. XP

I understand. I do everything I can to not wear Qaaxo body. XD
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [58 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Kelyn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Yummee
By Fenrir.Kelyn 2014-12-05 11:50:57  
Just finished my 119 Kenkonkens, and they are amazing. AM3 feels like Super Saiyan mode.

These things are a blast to use, get them.
[+]
By dustinfoley 2014-12-08 13:47:40  
4 more assaults for captain, then 50 more assaults and i finish mine.

Everything else done!

kenkonken + new change to maneuver = win sauce for pup
By vicwill 2014-12-09 05:38:22  
I just got on Duties, Tasks, and Deeds so i am getting there and i can not wait lol.
 Asura.Akamatzu
サーバ: Asura
user: Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2014-12-21 10:14:58  
I just got my Kenkonken last night and I'm so happy! This weapon is amazing and everything I dreamed it to be. Puppetmaster rules!!
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-01-07 05:57:36  
Pupdate: haste priority raised to right after Pro/Shell. Thank jesus, I hate so much the puppet used regen before haste all the time x_x
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-02-03 02:51:53  
Quote:
Puppetmaster
New attachments will be added.

Strobe II / Tension Spring III / Loudspeaker III / Tranquilizer II / Accelerator III / Scope II / Shock Absorber III / Armor Plate III / Stabilizer III / Coiler II / Mana Jammer III / Stealth Screen II / Auto-Repair Kit III / Mana Tank III

The strength of the following weapon skills used by automatons will be increased.

Chimera Ripper / String Clipper / Arcuballista / Slapstick / Cannibal Blade / Daze / Knockout / Bone Crusher / Armor Piercer / Magic Mortar / String Shredder / Armor Shatterer

OK...

Each element gets a "tier III" of the classic tier I/II attachments that were NPC purchases (tier I) and crafted or mob dropped (tier II). I'd guess these things are NPC attachments.

Then the 6 non light/dark elements get tier II versions of their some of the more iconic attachments for their elements. Here's HOPING those are NPC purchases, but I have a nervous feeling they could be drops/synths.

Guess we'll see soon enough.

As for the weaponskills, this could be minimal but COULD be really really powerful, as we've seen with past WS buffs for other jobs. Would be badass to see PUPs pulling off 99999 dmg self SCs or something ;) Maybe we'll be the next bandwagon job? (hahahahahahaha never.)
By dustinfoley 2015-02-05 10:58:12  
All i know is magic mortar better do way better dmg when my pet is at 100% hp.

Instead of = melee skill for minimum dmg, how about = 6x melee skill for minimum dmg. Then keep the 6x multiplier for when you are missing hp. Just saying, the odds of me getting my pet to 1k tp and it missing 80% of its hp are pretty rare. Id have to DeA, swap my tp for its, then send it in and pray it does cure itself.
 Sylph.Traxus
サーバ: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2015-02-13 00:41:05  
Did anyone ever figure out the numbers for turbo charger ii?
By dustinfoley 2015-02-16 07:43:28  
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52279746/Turbo%20Charger%20II%20Paper.pdf

~7/17/30/44
[+]
 Asura.Womwom
user: Eilan
By Asura.Womwom 2015-02-19 12:47:17  
Where do we get these new attachments?! I'm itching for them!
 Odin.Brocovich
サーバ: Odin
user: Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2015-02-19 15:04:03  
Did anyone test updated automaton WS? Would be interesting how the ranger puppet is doing now
By baroma 2015-02-19 15:15:00  
Asura.Womwom said: »
Where do we get these new attachments?! I'm itching for them!

crafted only. too pricy atm, most are 1m a piece.
 Ragnarok.Gekuz
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Gekuz
By Ragnarok.Gekuz 2015-02-19 15:56:22  
Odin.Brocovich said: »
Did anyone test updated automaton WS? Would be interesting how the ranger puppet is doing now

tested adn i've got higher results with WHM WS than RNG's one -.-'
By Bloodrose 2015-02-19 15:59:11  
You mean Magic Mortar? Because that's scaled based on automaton current/maximum HP.
 Asura.Womwom
user: Eilan
By Asura.Womwom 2015-02-19 16:13:29  
Goddammit SE. You couldn't throw a bone and make them a couple hundred thousand NPC buyable? Gotta give the power to what little Alchemists there are to rape our pockets?! Time to make some friends..

Where are Ed and Al when you need them?
By dustinfoley 2015-02-19 16:21:39  
See the thread below on new attachments

7 are gold smith
7 are alchemist, max skill for any is 75ish

raw materials will run you around 50k and it makes 12x attachments

Not aweful at all.
 Cerberus.Balloon
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2015-02-23 11:07:42  
So what were the WS buffs like?