Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
First Page 2 3 4 ... 68 69 70
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-07-20 05:54:17  
Leviathan.Krysten said: »
dont really give a damn about erase and na's and not much Does rip thru my stoneskin and i solo alot stuff lol

id much rather have SS then haste II as much as i like it it should be after buffs and before nukes, unless forced and it should be able to be forced with Wind manv so if anything needs changein its that.

but hay to each there own you just want a cure bot.

Well then you arent doing content high enough to warrant using a healer frame over the rng frame if mobs cant take off SS from attacks. Your kill speed will be a lot faster if theres two of you attack rather than one.
By Elwynbelwyn 2014-07-20 07:42:32  
Ragnarok.Bleublood said: »
What are your guys thoughts on using the Valoredge head coupled with Sharpshot body to ensure that the puppet is meleeing all of the time? I can't seem to find any information regarding any potential DPS loss from using that combo instead of full sharpshot
FYI, if you deploy at max range, Sharpshot runs to the mob (assuming the mob wasn't going to run to your auto anyhow). This is good for when you don't want to get close, and just let your automaton fight. Some NMs like to spam debuffs, and sharpshot doesn't care about most of them, while I'd be really in trouble from them. (For instance, gear stripping moves.) So I just stand back and let Kenbishi poke holes in it. You don't even have to be in range for maneuvers to work, but it's good to see the HP bar.

I like to use Role Reversal when shock absorber/auto repair starts to run out, then heal myself using mage sub and refresh gear (I have up to 4 refresh from gear), which you can't do on /DNC when you're not getting TP. This also works well with WHM trusts for a quick heal of your auto.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-20 08:05:47  
I usually just deploy the automaton at melee range and then run away with the mob XD

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
サーバ: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-07-29 17:35:35  
What path did you put on Qaaxo body/hands/legs/feet? Path A or B considering I have 4/5 Otronif+1 ?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-07-29 18:41:11  
Sylph.Hyunkyl said: »
What path did you put on Qaaxo body/hands/legs/feet? Path A or B considering I have 4/5 Otronif+1 ?

All Path B. I find that the vast majority of situations fall into one of:
1) B is clearly better than A (heavy Acc requirements),
2) Some non-Qaaxo piece is clearly better than either A or B, or
3) A and B are at best (for A) fairly close sidegrades, in which case I err on the side of Qaaxo B's handy PDT-3%.

Specifically by slot:

Body: I didn't really make this for PUP (I have 9/9 Qaaxo jobs), and if I was thinking PUP-only I'd probably settle for Pitre+1 as my go-to Acc piece over either Qaaxo A or B. But still, any time I need the Acc it's generally something dangerous where the hybrid Acc/PDT is a solid choice between the three very similar DPS options of Qaaxo A, Qaaxo B, and Pitre+1. Low level content, I'm using Thaumas anyway.

Hands: I generally stick to Otronif+1 (Crit+2%), or Regimen Mittens if I care about pet DD stats. But for an Acc-heavy build, Qaaxo are nice.

Legs: Quiahuiz (Haste+2%/STR+8) are generally what I use and basically make Qaaxo A irrelevant for this slot. But again, if I needed an Acc choice it's nice to have Qaaxo around. For WS, Quia/Ighwa/Pitre+1 are better anyway.

Feet: Anything you need a lot of Acc on, Qaaxo B will beat A. Anything you don't need a lot of Acc on, Otronif+1 with pretty much ANY augment will beat Qaaxo A.
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-07-29 18:53:50  
May be mistaken but Qaaxo body B should be near best in slot for ws. As for an accuracy option. Better off using Manibozho jerkin A.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-07-29 22:24:25  
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
May be mistaken but Qaaxo body B should be near best in slot for ws. As for an accuracy option. Better off using Manibozho jerkin A.

For WS body:
There are a clump of body choices that are pretty close sidegrades. The lower level the target (less need for Acc), the better Qaaxo A performs - but it's so close with Mani R15 STR, Qaaxo B, and Pitre+1 that it's hard to justify dropping 6 Airlixir+2 on a marginally better WS body when you already have any of the others. At higher levels when Acc matters more, the gap is even closer.

And honestly, the low level stuff where Acc doesn't matter is probably gonna die anyway with a single Stringing Pummel in ANY of these bodies :)

For TP body:
1) Most things where you wouldn't need Acc, you'd be fine using Thaumas anyway and the lower defense won't be a major downside.

2) For high level things where you DO need Acc, defense probably DOES matter enough that using Thaumas becomes dangerous (even though it's still offensively very strong). Qaaxo A falls behind here due to Acc deficiency, so you're left with three real options, all of which are pretty close to each other offensively from the master perspective:

(a) Qaaxo B - best def/eva/PDT

(b) Pitre+1 - comes down to whether you prefer pet offensive stats (i.e. you're using Sharpshot frame), or the superior defense of Qaaxo B (i.e. you're using a mage frame that has minimal benefit from Pitre, or you're fighting something dangerous enough that survival is more important than better pet Acc/STP)

(c) Mani A - lacks both Qaaxo's better defensive benefits, and Pitre's pet offense buffs (and significantly lower ilvl in non-Adoulin areas where there is level correction), so loses out to either of those two/
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2014-08-08 14:09:07  
Currently looking at spreadsheets. I think the ones I have might need updating for the tp/ws adjustment but they should be accurate enough. I'll try to get something done while the servers are giving us more grief today.
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2014-08-08 14:10:21  
I'll throw this in the guide too but remember the better your gear is relative to the automaton's level (assuming you're using a DD auto) the higher the priority to boost your dps over your automaton's. There are exceptions like making sure your automaton can land hits/spells. I always recommend tooling around yourself to see how the mechanics work firsthand.
 Bahamut.Nipun
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Nipun 2014-08-25 01:01:32  
Hey guys and gals,

So I recently got my Kenkoken (YAY!) and started to test out some sets here and there to maximize the damage I can get with Stringing Pummel. With that side though I am not all the big on the math calculations that FFXI has >_> so bare with me.

As of right now this is the TP/ACC set I have. Of course you would need an High End ACC for higher content places like Woh Gate where the mobs there are lv.125. But I like testing on high areas to see how the gear is holding up. I never understood with people test crap in aby.

Node 180

No Buffs and No Food
Acc: 888
Atk: 924

Qaaxo Hands <rank15 Path B>(Acc:25 + Dex:30(Acc:15)= ACC:40
Qaaxo Feet <rank15 Path B>(Acc:20 + Dex:21(Acc:10)= Acc:31
Manibozho Legs <rank15 Path A>(Acc:15 + Dex:12(Acc:6) = Acc:21

ItemSet 327552

No Buffs No Food
Acc: 884
Atk: 883

MoonShade Earring Augs= ACC:4 TPB +250
Uk'uxkaj Cap Augs= STR:8

Why Pitre Body +1 Over Qaaxo or Manibozho

Qaaxo Body If on path A though youll get your DA/TA you wont have no ACC what so ever except from the dex which will give you Acc:11

Qaxxo Body If on path B would give you access to an extra Acc:15 plus the normal Acc:11 which youll end up with Acc:26

Manibozho If Rank15 on path A
Acc:27 + Dex:15(7) = Acc:34
Atk:32 + Str:13(6) = Atk:38
Def:93
Haste:4

Pirte Body +1
Acc:21 + Dex:25(12)= Acc:33
ATK:21 + Str:13(6) = Atk:34
Def:133
Haste:4

They arent that far apart in stats. Now think about how much it would cost +1 your relic to buying how many airlixers to rank 15. The Qaaxo body would be good for lower end of the new content but not so much on the higher end. We already have lower h2h than Mnks and not a lot of pieces we can use that mnks have access to for acc or da. So all depends.

I dont see much stringing pummel testing especially on Kenkoken though Ive seen SP testing but why the hell would you test it in aby ><

Testing my TP return with a friend, Umaroo, and came up with these in Marjami Ravine on Tulfaire lv.106 with shoulder tackle with no STP.

1hit:100 Return <ST>
2hit:114 Return <ST>

5hit:144 Return <SP>
6Hit:154 Return <SP>
7~8Hit:??? Return <SP>

So with Kenkoken

Lower end on New Content mobs lv.106 WS is around 3k+~8k+
Med end on New Content mobs lv.116 WS is around 3k+~6k+
Higher end on New Content mobs lv.125 is around 1k+3k+ (super eva and def)

Now I did this without food or buffs and depending on the level of aftermath that is activated. The other question is whether or not to have a second TP/WC sets when aftermath is activated.

Well let me know your thoughts or ideas to maximize SP. I am going to try other sets for both tp, acc, and ws, but either way let me know.

On the "Too High ACC END" would look like this:

ItemSet 327587

ACC:948
Atk:901

But You already know the issues here. No real ST/Da/TA here. With food you can break into the 1k ACC

So this is the route I think is best for high acc

ItemSet 327591

ACC:903
Atk:922

And you get to keep some of your DA and ST
 Phoenix.Mudrunner
user: Mudrunner
By Phoenix.Mudrunner 2014-08-25 13:58:23  
A few things I eye balled as I'm not home to my PC yet. Battlecaster gaiters are going to be your best acc option for feet and are a great piece to have. New feet from head wind fight have as much acc if I remember correctly and also give acc to our pets. Qaaxo feet I went 21str or w/e it is for WS feet for VS. NOt making a second pair.

Wind buffet belt is almost always going to be your best belt unless some crazy reason you need the haste from Celt. Or acc from acc sash.

En necklace has a lot of acc and you don't lose much when equipping it. A lot of acc in one spot = win.

If you need whirlpool mask during your TP phase you are going to need its acc and atk during your weapon skill.

I personally TP in thaumas u till I absolutely need to take it off. Even with the missing a little more offer. The damage gained from all the QA TA DA is worth the loss. TP phase wise. When needing ACC/DEF very glad to see I'm not the only person smart enough to use relic body+1 really an amazing body. Can't wait to see EMP upgraded.

Raja ring still the kings with the STR-DEX and same amount of STP. Then bring in mars for acc/atk or Patricius for that nice pdt bonus.

Will edit more this post once done with classes today and can get to PC.
 Bahamut.Nipun
By Bahamut.Nipun 2014-08-26 10:42:31  
Yeah I am still working around sets. So far looking through and comparing being that we dont have access to the minor pieces that mnk has and being that we have less h2h skills stomping our acc.

ItemSet 327631 ItemSet 327632 ItemSet 327633 ItemSet 327634

Moonshade Earring augments of ACC:+4 TPB:250
Otronif Gloves +1 augments of Critical
Otronif Boots +1 augments of Critical
Otronif Brais +1 augments of Critical
Qaaxo Mitaines Rank15 Path B
Qaaxo Leggings Rank15 Path B
Manibozho Brais Rank15 Path A
Can Replace Light Gorget with another Acc piece

On those Duragi Leggings and Battlecast Gaiters here ya go

Durgai Legges from Head Wind BCNM
Cost: Free
Acc: 27
Haste: 4
Pet: acc15 enmity 4

Battlecast Gaiters from Tenzen BCNM
Cost:Free
Acc: 27
S.TP: 5
PDT: 3

Qaaxo Leggings Rank 15 Path B
Cost: Depending on airlixir +2 Price
Acc: 30
S.TP: 3
PDT: 3

Manibozho Boots Rank 15 Path A
Cost: Depending on airlixir +2 Price
Acc: 10
DA: 2

We do have our AF+1 Feet for acc10 but that to me doesnt cut it especially in higher content. With that said, Id say yes to the Battlecast Gaiters. It free! :D
 Asura.Akamatzu
サーバ: Asura
user: Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2014-08-28 15:37:17  
Isn't there augmented pet rings?
 Bahamut.Nipun
By Bahamut.Nipun 2014-08-30 19:57:01  
What augments are you referring to? At the moment in the FFXI Official Forum Site, they had stated that certain attachments aren't working like Target Marker. So they are planning certain things to either go around the problem or actually fix it.

As of right now I havent been ingame for a few days. I did do a recent Tojil run and I'll have to say. Having Kenkoken i119 was pretty sweet.

We did all all bosses before Tojil. I didnt have Zero (My automaton) out for the run except we ran into MataMata. So far without having the MAB gear on for my pocket blackmage it dealt 91k.

On each boss with songs, rolls, and food (sole sushi +1) I was landing 6 to 7 hits getting about 154 tp back from each ws. Damage was around 6K+ consistently. Yeah I know what none-pup players would say...haters :P But I was Wsing about every 3 to 4 seconds. There was a MNKx2, SAM, and myself as PUP. Tojil hate was bouncing between me and one of the mnks and sam.

End fight SAM came up first, A MNK second, and myself last :/ but im sure there were some stuff going on. The SAM was well geared and one of the MNKs had emp i119. Im sure if out PET wasnt broken (Squishy and all) I would had had zero out adding to the damage and might had came on top or close to the SAM.
By Streak 2014-09-12 14:00:46  
Nipun,

I finished my Kenkonken last week as well and slowly raising it to 119.

What do you use for an AM3 set?

I noticed on the OP they suggested removing some DA/TA and adding martial arts instead (cirque legs +2 and cirque neck).

I am looking at Qaaxo pieces soon and maybe headwind or tenzen feet for accuracy set.
 Odin.Esor
サーバ: Odin
user: esor
By Odin.Esor 2014-09-16 01:15:28  
Keep TA but drop DA for am3. double attack is prioritized over OAx so there will be a loss in dps (chances to attack 3x) if you have DA proccing. the am3 set i have up there now has no mathematical support, i was just trying to max out martial arts, given KKK's unique bonuses.
Based on other mythic pages, accuracy and TA/QA should be the priorities, then attack under AM3
subsequently, do not ignore your pet during am3. a huge part of the weapon is that buff transfers to your auto. you may want to consider an am3 set for your puppet. or just switching to VE in some situations.
By Streak 2014-09-18 13:44:41  
Yeah I've been using the MA pieces and they help.

For some fights I've switched to VE with AM3 and triple wind it's ridiculous, it uses string shredder every 9s... faster than I can put maneuvers up.

That's using a pet set and not fighting after applying AM3.

I haven't tried the same with SS yet but I imagine it would be an ICBM with stick legs.
 Phoenix.Mudrunner
By Phoenix.Mudrunner 2014-09-21 16:26:17  
In what areas has using MA belt and neck been found best to use? Using the spread sheet I have not found any situation. Even during a AM3 is up and fodder mobs. Multi attack items are still winning. And in high level mobs. You will see a higher benefit from ACC items. While buff dependent the MA is doing nothing for us as we have a chance at being at capped delay.
 Odin.Esor
サーバ: Odin
user: esor
By Odin.Esor 2014-09-21 17:20:52  
capped acc, windbuffet+1 >> windbuffet > everything else. i think.

Also. open call to anyone who knows formatting really well. pm me cause im going to try and get this thing to look like a cleaned up guide instead of the mess it is.
[+]
By Streak 2014-09-22 08:29:49  
The MA belt is not worth using compared to other options (especially Windbuffet).

However, cirque pants +2 and cirque necklace don't sacrifice too much for an extra two tiers of martial arts (-20 delay). There's no good sources of TA/QA for those slots, and you want to reduce DA during AM3. They even offer a small amount of accuracy...
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2014-09-22 13:33:29  
Updated weapons, WS's, and animators today. Will add more tonight when i /checkparam pet to see my Divinator's full effects.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-09-22 14:01:16  
Streak said: »
The MA belt is not worth using compared to other options (especially Windbuffet).

However, cirque pants +2 and cirque necklace don't sacrifice too much for an extra two tiers of martial arts (-20 delay). There's no good sources of TA/QA for those slots, and you want to reduce DA during AM3. They even offer a small amount of accuracy...

Cirque+2 pants don't sacrifice much? That's crazy, you lose a ton from ilvl options in statvomit + other offensive stats (not to mention being a massive defensive liability).

Use Quiahuiz Trousers (preferably with STR augment) if you don't need acc. Use Qaaxo B, Ighwa, or Pitre+1 if you do need Acc. Personally I tend to prefer the PDT-3% on Qaaxo, since when I need acc it's usually the case that defense matters too, but they're all fairly close.
 Phoenix.Mudrunner
By Phoenix.Mudrunner 2014-09-24 08:41:01  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Streak said: »

Cirque+2 pants don't sacrifice much? That's crazy, you lose a ton from ilvl options in statvomit + other offensive stats (not to mention being a massive defensive liability).

Use Quiahuiz Trousers (preferably with STR augment) if you don't need acc. Use Qaaxo B, Ighwa, or Pitre+1 if you do need Acc. Personally I tend to prefer the PDT-3% on Qaaxo, since when I need acc it's usually the case that defense matters too, but they're all fairly close.

Having the DA on the necklace is not a negative stat. I rather have another chance at a DA then completely miss a chance at a multi attack in an attack round. Actually running these set through the math asperity still beats cirque. Even with AM3 activated. Wearing cirque legs is a joke at this level in the game. Quiahuiz laugh in their face. I havnt seen the testing or anything but I assume the 5% DA damage counts for our AM. And when acc is needed Capuchin hits the nail right on the head. Relic legs giving ya the most ACC and Qaaxo being a good way to go as our hybrid set the most important set to have endgame now.

Edit: AND PLEASE!!! For the love of our automaton. Put ACC on your Tinhaspas
 Phoenix.Mudrunner
By Phoenix.Mudrunner 2014-09-29 07:35:05  
I finally have my PC back so had a busy weekend with school, updating programs, working everything out in windower. I'll toss this set out there for consideration. More to come this week.

Tojil standard buffs: HasteII, March, Minuet, Minuet, chaos, fighters, sushi, no AM.

ItemSet 328717

Edit: Minuet x2 not madrigal
By fractalvoid 2014-09-29 07:40:12  
Phoenix.Mudrunner said: »
I finally have my PC back so had a busy weekend with school, updating programs, working everything out in windower. I'll toss this set out there for consideration. More to come this week.

Tojil standard buffs: HasteII, March, Madrigal, Madrigal, chaos, fighters, sushi, no AM.

ItemSet 328717

x2 mad AND sushi?

u cray. if you really need acc get a riverfin soup... but it's only tojil... @_@
 Phoenix.Mudrunner
By Phoenix.Mudrunner 2014-09-29 08:20:10  
Sorry. Min
fractalvoid said: »
Phoenix.Mudrunner said: »

Tojil standard buffs: HasteII, March, Madrigal, Madrigal, chaos, fighters, sushi, no AM.

ItemSet 328717

x2 mad AND sushi?

u cray. if you really need acc get a riverfin soup... but it's only tojil... @_@

Sorry. Minuet x2
 Phoenix.Mudrunner
By Phoenix.Mudrunner 2014-09-30 08:00:00  
October update bringing A+ H2H skill to pup and increasing pet Physical and Magic ACC when over lvl 100. This has been much needed. Going to target building set for after this update. Be interesting to see how much acc our pets obtain. Now if they could just survive.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-09-30 08:25:08  
I'm not sure what I'm more pleased by, the increased accuracy or the increased damage from the new skill rating.

As for the pet accuracy: I hope it's significant enough that it makes the pet food seem a little less like a requirement for our automaton to properly hit things, and allows them to reach an acceptable amount of accuracy for the higher level battlefields that do require additional accuracy.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 68 69 70