Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 68 69 70

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-07-15 22:30:52  
Asura.Kaitaru said: »
Noticed the +1 to maneuver effect on the Reforged AF1 and was curious if anyone tested out how potent the effect is? I'm more curious about how much it boosts MP Refresh and Turbo Charger II for example. Its a piece I plan to get eventually but id like to get an idea how potent it is to determine how high it is on my priority list.
It's not an increase to their effects on attachments. It's an increase to the stat boost provided to the automaton through maneuvers. It was the same on normal AF/+1 and still only increases it by +1 per maneuver.
 Leviathan.Krysten
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-07-15 22:56:42  
relic hands are pretty meh themself if anything the AF hands would be the better option. i cant wait for Abyssea reforge because PUP clearly has the best armor in there!!
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-07-15 23:07:00  
Leviathan.Krysten said: »
relic hands are pretty meh themself if anything the AF hands would be the better option. i cant wait for Abyssea reforge because PUP clearly has the best armor in there!!
They have the same haste.
Pitre +1 boast 3 more dex.
Pitre +1 has more pet haste as well as subtle blow.
and Pitre also comes with an extra 1-5% crit hit rate based on your Fine-tuning Merits.

I'm not sure where Foire wins here besides the fact they affect overload and increase stats from maneuver which for both purposes it can just be a macro piece not to mention being the same values as the base AF.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-07-15 23:37:49  
^^^ This, need to read the aug. effects from the Relic reforge and yes other than pants and boots the relic set looks pretty good so far so I'll be gunning for that. Thanks for the explanation on the + maneuver effects question, was just curious if they had changed its effect since they implemented the 1 maneuver = 3 update.
Sadly the Overdrive update didn't change anything else.

All of the relic at least has its macro uses(more so if you're using gearswap and are incredibly OCD about maximizing not only yours but your automaton's actions) but otherwise Skirmish/Delve equipment beats them pretty bad compared to other jobs reforges. I am still pretty disappointed by our reforge pieces and am hoping Empy makes up for it especially since I loved wearing it near as much as I enjoy wearing AF all those years ago.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-07-16 01:52:31  
Pet haste and Sub blow personally are worthless since really all i use is rng attk or Rdm frame as it only effects Auto melee. 3 dex is OK but not for 2mil lol.

i would much rather have 3 Stats then 3% pet haste, but thats me i guess.

overloading is still an issue as well, not large issue but like pop in when i dont want it too.

i full time Relic +1 reforge Head and body there both amazing pieces but ya once Empth reforge comes in im sure they all will be stored lol.

now with all that said IF autos had sheer power of say BST pets or HP for that matter id be all for it be RElying on a Dark WS to heal itself is pretty silly when its clear the designed it to be a Pld. i would fully support a pupdate to have autos match that of a Bst pet and give us some mgic dmg so we can hang with blm again.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-07-16 13:46:50  
Automatons are fine in their damage ability, but still lack proper ability to survive AoEs.

Again, AF hands are a macro piece (granted I can't remember if the extra stats stay or not when you take them off but I'm leaning towards they do, I'll mess around with them when I get off work tonight.)

Since Turbo Chargers were switched to magic haste rather than gear haste, pet haste is more important if your pet is meleeing (and before you start talking about Sharpshot being what you use. If you're not allowing it to TP off melee hits and ranged attacks you're really lowering its potential damage). That said, there are still better options if you're looking to enhance both yours and your auto's damage such as Regimen Mittens.

Overloading is only ever an issue these days if you're maneuvering right after you activate(which is common for replenishing mp but still usually is non-issue) but again, MACRO piece. Not to mention with AF hands, Empy body, Buffoon's collar AND Dispersal mantle this almost never happens anymore unless you're being incredibly spammy with a single maneuver.

Edited to clarify.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-16 14:01:39  
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Overloading is only ever an issue these days if you're maneuvering right after you activate
I dunno, I DeA here and there in Salvage to replenish mp and then follow with a few maneuvers and still never see overload. With 4 pieces that suppress it it's just that hard to see it happen.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-16 14:04:26  
Automatons are fine in their damage ability, but still lack proper ability to survive AoEs.

Again, AF hands are a macro piece (granted I can't remember if the extra stats stay or not when you take them off but I'm leaning towards they do, I'll mess around with them when I get off work tonight.)

Since Turbo Chargers were switched to magic haste rather than gear haste, pet haste is more important if your pet is meleeing (and before you start talking about Sharpshot being what you use. If you're not allowing it to TP off melee hits and ranged attacks you're really lowering its potential damage). That said, there are still better options if you're looking to enhance both yours and your auto's damage such as Regimen Mittens.

Overloading is only ever an issue these days if you're maneuvering right after you activate(which is common) but again, MACRO piece. Not to mention with AF hands, Empy body, Buffoon's collar AND Dispersal mantle this almost never happens anymore unless you're being incredibly spammy with a single maneuver.
In regards to the additional attribute bonuses to the Puppetry Dastanas/+1 Foire Dastanas/+1, the attribute bonus does still apply after swapping them out.

I've rarely ever seen my Automaton overload, with just 2 piece of reduce overload gear, let alone 4 pieces.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-07-16 14:05:58  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Overloading is only ever an issue these days if you're maneuvering right after you activate
I dunno, I DeA here and there in Salvage to replenish mp and then follow with a few maneuvers and still never see overload. With 4 pieces that suppress it it's just that hard to see it happen.
Yea that portion wasn't well written for what I meant to say, makes it sound like overloading occurs often when maneuvering after an activate when I meant to say we reactivate and then maneuver quite frequently simply for the mp refresh.

But I will still stand by it usually being our most common high-risk situation for overload.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-16 14:07:20  
On a related note, I finally have my long-desired Divinator!

Time to start bringing pup into the Adoulin age!
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-07-16 17:26:45  
I'm not all that fond of the PUP reforge sets. Pitre+1 legs get use for Pummel, +1 body is pretty nice for TP (though situational). I prefer:

TP:
Head: augmented Uk'uxkaj Cap (haste/STR for me, which is also an incredible Stringing Pummel piece), or Whirlpool if you need Acc
Body: Pitre+1 is solid on high end content, particularly if you're using Sharpshot (lots of automaton Store TP = more Armor Piercer). However, I often tend to use Qaaxo B instead, particularly if using a mage puppet. Thaumas for pre-Adoulin trash mobs, farming Dyna/Salvage.
Hands: Otronif+1 with a decent aug are better for master, Regimen are a better pet/hybrid master+pet option.
Legs: Quiahuiz Trousers (augmented), or Qaaxo Tights.
Feet: Qaaxo Leggings, Battlecast Gaiters

Stringing Pummel:
Head: Uk'uxkaj
Body: Qaaxo
Hands: Qaaxo
Legs: Pitre+1 (though if you don't want to spend the gil/chapters, Ighwa are just sliiiightly worse - 1 less STR/VIT)
Feet: Qaaxo

Otherwise, I use AF/Relic stuff for JA macro pieces (AF hands for maneuvers), idle (relic head), or oddball stuff like pet nuking sets (relic legs/feet, but how often do you need a pet nuke set these days??) or capped haste without wind maneuvers for AFK at reives.
 Ragnarok.Bleublood
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Bleublood
By Ragnarok.Bleublood 2014-07-16 18:13:55  
What are your guys thoughts on using the Valoredge head coupled with Sharpshot body to ensure that the puppet is meleeing all of the time? I can't seem to find any information regarding any potential DPS loss from using that combo instead of full sharpshot
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-07-16 18:17:00  
Losing ranged skill and therefore acc/att with that setup. On top of that you're increasing the time between ranged attacks which is where a lot of sharpshot's power is. I don't recommend it myself but that is personal opinion.

Post deleted by User.
By darthmaull 2014-07-20 03:38:26  
Bleublood I run Harley head and Sharpshot body to maximize his dps. True it is a little slower shooting arrows but your auto will always melee and Harle head's delay is shorter than using Valor head.
 Cerberus.Balloon
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2014-07-20 03:41:38  
Turbo charger counts towards the Magical Haste, it's similar to having haste cast on it.

Pet:Haste Gear caps at 26%, and turbo charger used to count towards this. Now we can have 26% of gear haste on our automaton, and then have more haste via Turbo Charger.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-07-20 04:00:46  
Couple of extremely dumb questions incoming, mostly to due with the extreme difficulty to find solid information about pup related things nowadays.

1. When you say turbo charger = magic haste you mean it goes a separate haste cap O_o.
2. Kinda also agree with the the RNG auto should be doing melee attacks too in order to max DPS but I'm sure running the melee auto for KKK AM3 would be better.
3. Was curious as to whats stats reflect on your automaton, does it have to say "pet" or does MAB, MACC, and INT on your armor reflect to your puppet too? Rigor H2H is kinda out of my way currently and I was looking at grabbing the Tlap H2H from Achuka and auging them with 30 MACC unless you some stats and effects have to say pet only. Guess this is my greater question. Also there are some new accessories for MAB if the above is true from the WKR to get a better MAB set for annoying bosses that like spamming one hit KO AoE's.
1) was kindly answered by balloon
2) remember that sharpshot will benefit from the extra tp gain and also it's strongest ws provides defense down which raises your damage as well where as VE has always had very weak ws
3)pets do not get effects from armor or weapons unless they specifically say "pet:"
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2014-07-20 04:04:20  
They've spoken about buffing automaton weaponskills to be more in line with player weaponskills, I am hopeful that this means having a Paladin Automaton that doesn't suck as terribly. Especially since it is much more survivable than our others. Kind of.
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-07-20 04:35:32  
about letting us BUFF them?? for goodness sake a pld with no sentienal, pro/shell, phalanx OR heals and its defiantly pld since it has its 2hr this cant be argued anymore.

the whole mix and match thing is totally worthless IMO , bue hey play it as you want to lol.

and how about BLM?? there nuke nowhere near adoulin blms now a days how about some adoluin parts?? maybe a Magic dmg or a Aga part ? kinda sad when back in 75- 90s ish? we were pretty on par with Blm now pfft nowhere even close lol.

Whm i would at least let it use SS on us, and personally wouldn't mind some nukes banish wise.

since were on frames why not do something new with harlq? 2hr suggests war so why not let him do Berserk or some deep Dmg mele hits.

i realize this askin for a bit much but i feel auto are due a nice adoulin buff up something to give them that "holy ***" factor rng is only one i dont think needs any adjusting... outside maybe a Scope II or something.
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2014-07-20 04:39:10  
I'd riot if my WHM automaton started casting banish. It already has terrible AI, the last thing I want is for it to start doing a 20 dmg banish when I'm about to die.

Same with Stoneskin, Cureskin would be absolutely incredible though.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-20 04:47:03  
Only thing I don't like about Soulsoother is that it gives priority to Regen 4 over Haste. But for everything else it always responds well to my commands.

Screw Banish and Stoneskin though, especially Banish..who wants that.
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-07-20 04:55:23  
you must not play rdm frame much because not much rips thru that stoneskin, whm is the weaker of the two without a doubt. not phalanx and SS leave you alot moire open to attack thus needing more cures.

i virtually never play on whm due to this reason

thats why pup has parts people so those that want versatility and not just a cure spam bot can have it, and those that dont want it to do diff things can simply not equip the part.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-20 05:05:29  
I use whm cause it gives me erases. Rdm advantage is neither nukes or stoneskin, it's haste2.
[+]
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2014-07-20 05:08:49  
I've played the RDM bot plenty, it's annoying, spends a lot of time ignoring Haste II because if I'm fighting anything capable of doing more than slightly tapping me it'll break the stoneskin. Their stoneskin is not more potent than the actual spell, it's still just 350hp. When you say not much rips through Stoneskin.. I mean.. anything that hits higher than 100 can do it quickly.

WHM has some issues with the cures it'll cast (800 HP missing is not an excuse to cast Cure 6, Sentinel.), but it can -na and erase. Thankfully they're putting Stoneskin below Haste II priority wise later, so maybe RDM frame will be more viable.

And Automatons already have a finite amount of slots, and some of those are mandatory.. That said I'd really like one that stops that RDM frame from wasting time and MP on nuking.
[+]
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-07-20 05:15:55  
dont really give a damn about erase and na's and not much Does rip thru my stoneskin and i solo alot stuff lol

id much rather have SS then haste II as much as i like it it should be after buffs and before nukes, unless forced and it should be able to be forced with Wind manv so if anything needs changein its that.

but hay to each there own you just want a cure bot.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-20 05:18:51  
Have fun soloing those Ronfaure rarabs. I'm sure they'll never break your stoneskin.
[+]
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2014-07-20 05:23:07  
The only thing I bring PUP too now is Salvage 2, and.. Sometimes stoneskin means those Ramparts refuse to pop out their Gears.

Haste 2 wasn't on me nearly enough in it either, I'd sometimes cancel it manually before stoneskin or phalanx wore just to ensure it on.

I got hit with Petrify on the MB and he wouldn't eraser it off me and cast Thunder IV. I just felt.. slower.. with it. Haste II is a nice addition mired by bad implementation for our RDM.
First Page 2 3 ... 68 69 70