First Page 2 3 ... 125 126 127 ... 130 131 132
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-01-10 14:05:51  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Asura.Zeroburning said: »
If your just diving back in rng relics are quite cheap now and anni is still an amazing weapon for master trails and all around dps other then that if you can get you a small helm group and togather and push out a fomalhault would be good to instead of the mythic climb

So true, I love my Annihilator. Its a great option if you find yourself with a newish Tank and you're geared/buffed to the hilt and ripping hate even in "modern" zones like Omen. I often use it on low man Fu runs.

Having never had a Holliday, I am curious- anyone tried a really solidly augmented Holliday with MAB on it versus an afterglowed Annihilator for Trueflight? Clearly for base damage the Anni would win, also in white damage, but outside of its higher base damage it really doesn't bring much to the table for Trueflight.

I just R15ed my Anni, I'm loving it. The bonuses added to Coronach are pretty sick.

Foma does more raw damage, but it's nice not even being a blip on a monster's radar as long as there is a tank.

For magical WS I usually go with Foma since it has magic accuracy and the tp bonus.

Seriously has anyone messed with hotshot much? I decided to go for a elemental ws objective and it one shot a sweet water for 25k. I found this pretty amusing, reminds me a lot of Jinpu.

Despite the description being single hit, it seems like it's a two hit weaponskill. At max HP the damage was spiking really high. But going for a kill shot at max HP only yielded 2k damage or so.

I think I only had on a generic weaponskill set, fur frailty, berserk, velocity shot, aeonic gun, and a malevolence(I was using true flight for fodder)
By Foxfire 2019-01-10 14:25:19  
Hot shot has hit 99k easily before, there's discussion about it in previous pages, I believe.

it's exactly the same as jinpu in terms of ridiculous scaling.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-01-10 14:26:06  
Hot Shot is like Jinpu actually.

It will even break the 100k cap too. Someone screenshotted it when people were first discovering Jinpu.

Hotshot is basically 1 physical hit with a followup magic hit.
 Asura.Zeroburning
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Zeroburning 2019-01-10 14:35:27  
That was me with the hotshot screen shot it was 114kish I think issue with hotshot take some major buffs to do it lol
 Asura.Sagaxi
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2019-01-10 14:45:48  
Hi Fellow rangers,

I just came back from a 2/3 month break, and, looking at th preshot sets (yes, the dynamis gorget was introduced before I left), I see there's no use for Oshosi(+1) in preshots, midshots and non gandiva builds. Is there some other reason for a RNG to upgrade to +1 at the moment?
By kingw777 2019-01-10 14:54:27  
Thank you guys so much for the info! I totally was under the impression tf was only usable with a cross bow. Lol.. Now I'm on yeah thamk you guys!!
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-01-10 14:54:58  
Other than double shot +?
 Asura.Sagaxi
By Asura.Sagaxi 2019-01-10 15:05:57  
I am genuily unsure, I only see cors running around with it... I know this does not grant triple shot. So I guess your comment is valid
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-01-10 15:16:41  
When you have Double Shot active a set of 4/5 Oshosi +1 with Relic Body +3 is going to have a pretty high Double Shot rate. You do lose a ton of STP doing this, so mileage may vary. The head has a damage bonus on it, I think it's considered BiS for double shot regardless of whether you go for the rest of the set.
 Asura.Sagaxi
By Asura.Sagaxi 2019-01-10 15:19:21  
Thanks, yeah, I was browsing through forums, and I saw that set. I guess it won't be on my piority list, since im still far from +3 dyna body...
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-01-10 15:19:33  
Asura.Sagaxi said: »
I am genuily unsure, I only see cors running around with it... I know this does not grant triple shot. So I guess your comment is valid

Oshosi+1 head/feet are pretty much undisputed BiS options for Double Shot up, and hands/legs are certainly at least a viable top tier Double Shot option (though there are reasonable arguments for using more STP or crit gear in those slots). I tend to prefer 4/5 myself.

No, Oshosi pieces don't grant double/triple shot just by equipping them, but they do increase the proc rate substantially when Double Shot is active. Base proc rate is 40%, 20% more from JPs, and 4/5 Oshosi +1 set and Relic+3 body grants Double Shot +27% (Body gives 5% proc rate regardless of whether JA is up, assuming 5 Sharpshot merits). That's in addition to Double Shot damage +56 from Oshosi+1 head, Relic+3 body, and JSE cape.

It's downright insane when you have a decent Samurai Roll. WS, /ra, and if Double Shot procs on that /ra (87% rate means there's a very good chance of that) you're already above 1000tp after a single attack round.

I'd suggest at least Oshosi+1 head is a RNG priority. Feet 2nd place - they're more appealing for Empy (since they're generally BiS TP gear for Empy AM up even without Double Shot), but still a really good piece for non-Empy. Hands/Legs are lower priority.
[+]
 Asura.Sagaxi
By Asura.Sagaxi 2019-01-10 15:27:47  
Thanks Capuchin and Shadowmeld.

I'll consider that set when I get my RNG clears for missing dynamises!
 Asura.Snapster
user: Mojopojo
By Asura.Snapster 2019-01-10 16:50:25  
I've started to question the use of some Oshosi +1 pieces, notably the mask. When I'm using Gastraphetes, my white damage is negligible because my DPS overwhelmingly comes from Trueflight. I usually don't even have attack buffs or debuffs. The same can be said about Armageddon when the focus is Wildfire. The benefit of Double Shot Damage +25 becomes largely insignificant and any DPS gains then rely on only the Double Shot +6% and how this weighs against TP +50 on Recycle procs.

The combined delay for Gastraphetes and Quelling Bolt is 624. This results in a base TP gain of 153 per hit shot. Oshosi Mask +1 will give you an additional 153 base TP per round 5.7% of the time (95% hit rate), or base 9.18 TP per round on average. Your Recycle rate is going to be at least 93% when using Arcadian Beret +3 (95% if you're using Adhemar Kecks +1) and will activate even on missed shots. The effect can only proc once per round (I think?), so you're getting an average of at least 46.5 TP per round. However, the base TP from Double Shot procs can be affected by Store TP. In order for the additional TP from Oshosi Mask +1 and Arcadian +3 to become equal, you'd need 433 Store TP (46.5 = (STP + 100)/100 * 9.18). This is impossible and it's safe to conclude that Oshosi Mask +1 is not worth using over Arcadian Beret +3 if you're in situations where you're white damage is insignificant and at least questionable in situations where it isn't.
[+]
 Asura.Snapster
By Asura.Snapster 2019-01-10 17:16:13  
The above comparison disregards how Oshosi +1 might interact with Arcadian Jerkin +3. I'm guessing that a base rate of double shot activation is first calculated using gear + job points. Arcadian Jerkin +3 is then evaluated to determine whether to promote the double to a triple. If this is the case, then the average amount of base TP added goes from 9.18 => 13.77 resulting in 238 Store TP being the threshold (still completely unobtainable as RNG/NIN in a Double Shot build.) Would be good to test this though.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-01-10 18:37:12  
Asura.Snapster said: »
The above comparison disregards how Oshosi +1 might interact with Arcadian Jerkin +3. I'm guessing that a base rate of double shot activation is first calculated using gear + job points. Arcadian Jerkin +3 is then evaluated to determine whether to promote the double to a triple. If this is the case, then the average amount of base TP added goes from 9.18 => 13.77 resulting in 238 Store TP being the threshold (still completely unobtainable as RNG/NIN in a Double Shot build.) Would be good to test this though.

I definitely think there should be a balance of what you're target rate of double shot is and how much STP you retain.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-01-10 19:01:00  
Fair points on the possible diminished effectiveness of Oshosi head when you're heavily weighted toward WS, like Gastra with a TF focus (especially so for a mob that's strong to physical damage and takes more magic damage).

That being said... two points:

1) For Gandiva/Armageddon, ranged AM3/crit procs are obviously a much greater chunk of your overall damage, so the Double Shot damage+ pieces are absolutely stellar and should easily be the winning choice.

2) As a practical matter, even for non-Empys, part of what makes Double Shot so amazing is that when you can get enough STP from gear + Samurai Roll, any time you get a Double Shot proc that realistically means you will get enough TP to WS again. It really doesn't matter what head piece you're using, you should be able to get enough TP for a WS if Double Shot does proc, and you won't have enough TP (regardless of STP gear) if Double Shot fails to proc. So, going all in on proc rate has its advantages.

Viewed in a vacuum, Arcadian +3 may well be better for TP gain on a piece to piece comparison, and there's always TP overflow to consider (particularly for Trueflight, less so for other useful RNG WS)... but if you can manage to get enough STP to hit 1000+ on every Double Shot (which is not hard to do if you have a Regal Neck or better COR with you, using SAM roll), your WS frequency on something like 4/5 Oshosi+1 (Double Shot rate +22%, reduced by racc cap) is going to be significantly higher than something like a mix of Arcadian+3/Adhemar+1 that does generate more STP per shot but can still end up with a lot fewer WS over time.

Assuming Arcadian Vest Triple Shot "upgrade" proc is as you theorize, that's really more of benefit just for white damage. So, potentially valuable to Empy users but not as much for others (aside from TP overflow purposes).

When a Double Shot proc is all you need to get to WS from a single attack round, that's the main focus. TP overflow is gravy at that point.
 Asura.Snapster
By Asura.Snapster 2019-01-11 00:29:31  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Fair points on the possible diminished effectiveness of Oshosi head when you're heavily weighted toward WS, like Gastra with a TF focus (especially so for a mob that's strong to physical damage and takes more magic damage).

That being said... two points:

1) For Gandiva/Armageddon, ranged AM3/crit procs are obviously a much greater chunk of your overall damage, so the Double Shot damage+ pieces are absolutely stellar and should easily be the winning choice.

2) As a practical matter, even for non-Empys, part of what makes Double Shot so amazing is that when you can get enough STP from gear + Samurai Roll, any time you get a Double Shot proc that realistically means you will get enough TP to WS again. It really doesn't matter what head piece you're using, you should be able to get enough TP for a WS if Double Shot does proc, and you won't have enough TP (regardless of STP gear) if Double Shot fails to proc. So, going all in on proc rate has its advantages.
You're making some assumptions that aren't true. The potency of Samurai Roll is going to vary. Assuming your roll is higher than 6 (reasonable), the potency is going to be somewhere between 48~98 (non-proc XII vs proc Crooked XI). The most Store TP you're going to have while in TP phase (/NIN with 4/5 Oshosi +1 and Arcadian Jerkin +3) is 48. So on the lower end, assuming both shots of a Double Shot connect, you're looking at 604 TP return. Samurai Roll will thus not guarantee that you'll always have adequate TP to WS after a Double Shot proc. It depends on the potency. I've noticed this quite a bit when using relic gun. After switching to Oshosi Mask +1, a double shot proc sometimes puts me at just below 1000 TP. It's really annoying. Overflow helps Last Stand as well, which is the goto for physical damage when enmity is not a concern. Tactician's Roll is also very common in today's content which can lead to situations where you might get enough TP after a shot and Arcadian Beret +3 proc.

Viewed in a vacuum, Arcadian +3 may well be better for TP gain on a piece to piece comparison, and there's always TP overflow to consider (particularly for Trueflight, less so for other useful RNG WS)... but if you can manage to get enough STP to hit 1000+ on every Double Shot (which is not hard to do if you have a Regal Neck or better COR with you, using SAM roll), your WS frequency on something like 4/5 Oshosi+1 (Double Shot rate +22%, reduced by racc cap) is going to be significantly higher than something like a mix of Arcadian+3/Adhemar+1 that does generate more STP per shot but can still end up with a lot fewer WS over time.

Assuming Arcadian Vest Triple Shot "upgrade" proc is as you theorize, that's really more of benefit just for white damage. So, potentially valuable to Empy users but not as much for others (aside from TP overflow purposes).

When a Double Shot proc is all you need to get to WS from a single attack round, that's the main focus. TP overflow is gravy at that point.

This is just a useless mantra. TP overflow adds to your DPS just like white damage adds to your DPS. Given that the majority of your damage comes from weaponskills, it might be more fitting to label white damage as gravy although I don't think it's useful. What matters is the bottom line. If using Arcadian Beret +3 nets you more DPS than Oshosi Mask +1 than it's the superior option. I'm not claiming that it does in every situation either. I don't know and believe it's a difficult problem to analyze when physical damage is relevant.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-01-11 04:27:09  
The potency of Samurai Roll is going to vary.

Yes, obviously. But it's pretty common that a good Samurai Roll will provide enough STP to give WS + 1 attack round to 1000+ TP. I certainly run into it regularly. If that's the case, I really don't see swapping out Double Shot rate pieces in favor of STP as a good trade. Kinda depends more on the CORs you run with, and how good they are at rolling intelligently, whether they have Rostam or Regal Neck, etc. I trust one of my frequent COR partners enough to know he'll almost always give me enough STP... and I know that some of the second tier LS CORs can't do it consistently (so I'll use a different set with them buffing me).

That's really the practical answer: if you find yourself close a lot of the time it's probably worth just building multiple Double Shot sets. One with all-out Double Shot gear for when you have a very good Samurai Roll, to the point where you can manage to hit over 1000tp with a single Double Shot proc attack round. Another (or maybe even a couple other varying levels) where you swap out some Double Shot pieces for STP gear, for when you don't have a sufficient STP buff. Really isn't something that lends itself well to a definitive "THIS IS BEST CUZ SPREADSHEET" sort of approach, it's more down to actually trying things out in your own situations and tweaking your sets to match the kinds of buffs you're getting.

As for what to swap, if you are frequently hitting just slightly under on STP, I'd look first at swapping out some of the lower value Double Shot pieces. Personally, I'd start with hands, and if that isn't enough I'd consider whether I can get enough STP from legs/feet swaps before ditching the Oshosi Mask+1 (though Empy users may be less inclined to give up Oshosi feet, since they'll get a lot more out of the crit rate +10% for white damage).

Overflow helps Last Stand as well, which is the goto for physical damage when enmity is not a concern.

Last Stand gets something (2.0/3.0/4.0 fTP at 1000/2000/3000), but it's nowhere close to the impact overflow has on Trueflight (~3.9/6.5/9.7 fTP). The benefit of TP overflow on Last Stand is certainly nothing even close to warranting accepting significantly lower WS frequncy in exchange for increasing # of attack rounds to WS and getting slightly higher avg WS dmg in the process.

As for enmity, I think it's pretty much always a concern when you have Double Shot up and you're using frequent Last Stand. But that's a different topic...

Quote:
Tactician's Roll is also very common in today's content which can lead to situations where you might get enough TP after a shot and Arcadian Beret +3 proc.

Yeah, but on the flip side, if you're talking about Tactician's Roll letting you squeeze out a WS after a shot with Beret +3 otherwise leaves you just shy of 1000tp... doesn't that ALSO solve your issue of using Oshosi head and coming just short of needed TP? If you're going to look at Regain helping one gear set, make sure you're applying it to the alternative too.

This is just a useless mantra. TP overflow adds to your DPS just like white damage adds to your DPS. Given that the majority of your damage comes from weaponskills, it might be more fitting to label white damage as gravy although I don't think it's useful. What matters is the bottom line. If using Arcadian Beret +3 nets you more DPS than Oshosi Mask +1 than it's the superior option. I'm not claiming that it does in every situation either. I don't know and believe it's a difficult problem to analyze when physical damage is relevant.

Gonna have to respectfully disagree with the assertion that what I said is "a useless mantra". If anything, "if using X nets you more DPS than Y, it's the superior option" is the useless statement ;)

To be clear, I'm NOT just minimizing the benefit of TP overflow and saying it shouldn't be considered. Obviously it adds to DPS and is part of the overall calculation. I'm actually agreeing with you that the majority of your damage comes from weaponskills (caveat, as always, is that white damage is more important on Empys). With that in mind, if you're significantly increasing your WS frequency by lowering your x-round Double Shot build, I can't imagine that fewer WS with a bit higher average WS damage due to TP overflow can outweigh a substantially greater number of somewhat weaker WS. Only Trueflight even has a chance thanks to its fantastic TP scaling (and even then, I'd be highly skeptical that makes up the difference over time versus more WS). TP overflow simply doesn't help Last Stand or Jishnu enough, and it does nothing damage-wise for Wildfire/Coronach.
 Asura.Zeroburning
By Asura.Zeroburning 2019-01-11 07:56:50  
Oshosi +1 is also some of the best idle gear since it has the highest of all magic evasions that a rng can wear like going into fights where I'll fully resiste stun or petra or can almost take no dmg from ninja 2 hour in dyna
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-01-11 09:05:39  
Overflow helps Last Stand as well, which is the goto for physical damage when enmity is not a concern.

Last Stand gets something (2.0/3.0/4.0 fTP at 1000/2000/3000), but it's nowhere close to the impact overflow has on Trueflight (~3.9/6.5/9.7 fTP). The benefit of TP overflow on Last Stand is certainly nothing even close to warranting accepting significantly lower WS frequncy in exchange for increasing # of attack rounds to WS and getting slightly higher avg WS dmg in the process.

As for enmity, I think it's pretty much always a concern when you have Double Shot up and you're using frequent Last Stand. But that's a different topic...

You're right abotu the fTP of Last stand, but you forgot that it is a 2 hit WS that replicates TP across hits, so it's really 4.0/6.0/8.0 @ 1000/2000/3000
 Valefor.Gorns
サーバ: Valefor
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2019-01-11 09:16:03  
Asura.Zeroburning said: »
Oshosi +1 is also some of the best idle gear since it has the highest of all magic evasions that a rng can wear like going into fights where I'll fully resiste stun or petra or can almost take no dmg from ninja 2 hour in dyna

+1 to this
[+]
By olson2189 2019-01-11 10:20:56  
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
You're right abotu the fTP of Last stand, but you forgot that it is a 2 hit WS that replicates TP across hits, so it's really 4.0/6.0/8.0 @ 1000/2000/3000

I'm not sure that's the right way to think about multi-hit WS with transferring fftp. I think it's: if ftp transfers, then it's effectively an all-in (when considering both hits) 2.0/3.0/4.0, but if ftp did not transfer, then it would effectively be 1.0/1.5/2.0.
 Asura.Snapster
By Asura.Snapster 2019-01-11 11:43:51  
Stuff

Your argument lacks supporting points that are backed by measurements or calculations. It's not a strong argument. I can understand wanting to use Oshosi Mask +1 because you like it and it's hard to know what's best otherwise although why would you advocate for it so strongly when you can't clearly compare it to the other options?

If you think the absolute number is an accurate indicator of how effective overflow is for the weaponskill, I can see why you would make those conclusions about the scaling. It's not though. What matters is the marginal gain at some point in the fTP curve. I calculated this for Trueflight and Last Stand and then compared them (also added .1 to Last Stand for Fotia although this isn't that significant on the result.)
Code

TP    1000    1100    1200    1300    1400    1500    1600    1700    1800    1900    2000    2100    2200    2300    2400    2500    2600    2700    2800    2900
Ratio 0.71    0.73    0.74    0.75    0.76    0.77    0.78    0.78    0.79    0.80    0.66    0.67    0.68    0.69    0.70    0.71    0.71    0.72    0.73    0.74

You can use excel to verify this if you'd like. Here's the python code I used to generate the bottom row of the table. Overflow for Last Stand is close to 3/4 as effective as Trueflight.

Gonna have to respectfully disagree with the assertion that what I said is "a useless mantra". If anything, "if using X nets you more DPS than Y, it's the superior option" is the useless statement ;)

Cool
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-01-11 12:38:47  
olson2189 said: »

I'm not sure that's the right way to think about multi-hit WS with transferring fftp. I think it's: if ftp transfers, then it's effectively an all-in (when considering both hits) 2.0/3.0/4.0, but if ftp did not transfer, then it would effectively be 1.0/1.5/2.0.

That's not how replicating fTP works.

On a normal 2 hit WS that doesn't replicate fTP, the first hit would have 2.0 fTP, and then second hit (and all subsequent hits) would be 1.0 http://fTP.

On a replicating ws, every hit in the WS carries the original fTP through, so last stand is 2 hits at 2.0 fTP each @1000 TP.

This is why Resolution is such a beast for war. When all is said and done, it's 5-8 hits that scale from 0.71 fTP @ 1000 TP to 2.25 fTP @ 3000 TP. 8 hits that in addition to your mods increasing damage and added acc and attack, also have a universal multiplier for all of them.

If Upheaval had the same quality, WARs wouldn't even touch resolution, because Upheaval would be so strong in comparison that there would be no competition, even without REMA.
By olson2189 2019-01-11 13:58:26  

On a normal 2 hit WS that doesn't replicate fTP, the first hit would have 2.0 fTP, and then second hit (and all subsequent hits) would be 1.0 http://fTP.

On a replicating ws, every hit in the WS carries the original fTP through, so last stand is 2 hits at 2.0 fTP each @1000 TP.

But I thought you were trying to convert the single-hit fTP values into combined-hit (total WS) fTP values. With an fTP-transferring WS, the total WS (all hits) scales at the published fTP values (they don't double).

I guess in my mind, a similar analogy would be a 2-hit WS without the WSD bug versus with the WSD bug. With 10% WSD from gear, without the WSD bug, the total WS increase is 5% as it only applies to the first hit (I realize that this is super simplified and wouldn't be exactly 5%). With the WSD bug, the total WS increase is 10% because the 10% now applies to all hits of the WS. It doesn't double to 20%.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-01-11 15:31:03  
You can use excel to verify this if you'd like. Here's the python code I used to generate the bottom row of the table. Overflow for Last Stand is close to 3/4 as effective as Trueflight.

Fine. Still wasn't my main point, and it still doesn't change my initial statement that Trueflight is clearly the RNG WS that gains the most from TP overflow. But yeah, I was undervaluing TP overflow on Last Stand a bit (not that it likely matters a ton in practical situations, since unleashing Last Stand spam tends not to be a terribly effective plan on stuff that lives for longer than a few WS, due to enmity concerns... and on fodder, you are lessening the benefit of TP overflow anyway by regularly overkilling stuff that already melts in a WS or two).

My main point should not require detailed mathematical analysis though, it's pretty basic. If you're able to do a reliable one-round to WS build when a Double Shot procs, that's obvious as the thing you should want to do. Every point of Double Shot rate in such a build equals the same percentage increase in WS frequency (since you won't be able to WS after 1-round on a non-proc, and you will be able to WS if Double procs). So, you're not just looking at Arcadian TP overflow versus Oshosi Double Shot white damage, it's also Oshosi's 6% increase in WS frequency. If you're also needing to forego Oshosi hands/legs/feet in favor of STP gear, that's a huge sacrifice of another 16% WS frequency (5%/7%/4% respectively).

Happy to discuss whether we all agree, but I think there are some pretty reasonable rules of thumb on the somewhat variable decision of what's better assuming same x-hit (please, anyone feel free to weigh in):

1. To determine whether you can reliably hit a 1-round Double Shot build (WS TP return + a double shot proc = 1000+ TP):

a) If use of more STP gear allows you to hit 1000+ TP on a Double Shot proc, and you'd otherwise be under 1000, it's certainly worth using the needed amount of STP even if you need to sacrifice Double Shot rate to do it.

b) If you can't hit 1-round on a Double Shot proc regardless of amount of STP gear (i.e., you have no Samurai Roll or weak roll), then a STP-focused set should also win (at least for non-Empy/non-crit sets).

c) If you're regularly hitting just slightly under 1000tp after WS TP return and a Double Shot proc... you still probably want to look first at slots like hands/feet to swap in STP at the expense of a piece with a lower amount of Double Shot rate and no dmg+ (for non-Empy, Empy users will generally want Oshosi feet regardless). After those slots, then it makes more sense to look to head/legs.

2. Assuming you CAN hit that 1-round in either a Double Shot set using Oshosi Mask +1 OR a set with Arcadian Beret +3:

a) Empy users will more likely want the double (triple) shot damage boost thanks to frequent ODT/crit procs on your normal shots, assuming physical white damage isn't totally nerfed on your target. Gandiva/Armageddon are the two most white damage heavy weapons in the entire game, so they don't always follow the same WS:TP damage split assumptions people use for other DDs/weapons. I'll admit to sometimes seeing things through an Armageddon-tinted lens, so sometimes my love of crit/white damage enhancement doesn't apply to, say, Gastra.

b) Trueflight spam is the best case for Arcadian +3 due to that WS getting the most benefit from TP overflow; especially true if your target has physical damage reduction or you're only getting magical buffs (devaluing white damage even further). Last Stand is clearly 2nd place and is where analysis gets a bit dicey, since when you're focused on physical WS damage you're also presumably getting more benefit from physical white damage. Coronach/WF get no DPS advantage from more TP, so if you're using those WS, Double Shot rate/dmg will be preferable to minimally useful additional STP.

c) Also worth considering Racc/Ratk differences, if you happen to be uncapped on either/both. Oshosi+1 gives about 13 more Racc, Arcadian +3 has a ton of Ratk.

At any rate, it's pretty clear you should be using one of these two head pieces as optimal Double Shot gear. Situationally, either one could reasonably win, after you handle priority #1 of minimizing rounds to WS. You're gonna want Arcadian +3 anyway, and there's a good chance you'll also want Oshosi +1 as well for situations where it's better (or if you also play COR, where it is indisputably the best Triple Shot head).
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-01-11 22:53:47  
olson2189 said: »

But I thought you were trying to convert the single-hit fTP values into combined-hit (total WS) fTP values. With an fTP-transferring WS, the total WS (all hits) scales at the published fTP values (they don't double).

I guess in my mind, a similar analogy would be a 2-hit WS without the WSD bug versus with the WSD bug. With 10% WSD from gear, without the WSD bug, the total WS increase is 5% as it only applies to the first hit (I realize that this is super simplified and wouldn't be exactly 5%). With the WSD bug, the total WS increase is 10% because the 10% now applies to all hits of the WS. It doesn't double to 20%.

It's more a representation of total damage in terms of fTP . 2 hit x 2.0 fTP = 4.0 damage multiplier from ftp .

If you're averaging it, it isn't 1.0 on a non-replicating WS. It's 1.5/2.0/2.5. (2.0 + 1.0) / 2 = 1.5.
By sabrtooth 2019-01-12 00:23:04  
hi all expert,

just gotten scout gorget+2 but i realise i dunnot how to gear it XD?

any advice? just realise it before going to oboro for augment and there go my gil /shocked!

i got foma and ag gastra and building gandiva atm.

thanks in advance!
 Asura.Uzugami
user: SSJAV
By Asura.Uzugami 2019-01-13 20:54:10  
So startin' to gear up my RNG (Annihilator/Foma) what augs should I be aiming on my Ambu capes? Right now I have only a Snapshot cape (Snapshot+10 only) and wondering if I keep that one empty or use it as my TP cape and make a simple WS cape.
First Page 2 3 ... 125 126 127 ... 130 131 132