First Page 2 3 ... 129 130 131 132
 Asura.Bigtymer
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: olson2189
By Asura.Bigtymer 2019-02-08 13:31:18  
kunami said: »
Asura.Syto said: »
Some sets like Trueflight needs to be updated which I'm sure you are going to do .. but overall Good Format.. ^_^

Could you specify what is out of date regarding those sets? I scoured the latest information in the ranger WS thread when making them.

Regarding ambu weapons I figured Malevolence was still better, but I usually wait until Snapster or Capuchin pushes some data out before changing them.

Adoulin ring isn't in your top-tier TF set.
[+]
By kunami 2019-02-08 13:37:12  
Asura.Bigtymer said: »
Some sets like Trueflight needs to be updated which I'm sure you are going to do .. but overall Good Format.. ^_^

Could you specify what is out of date regarding those sets? I scoured the latest information in the ranger WS thread when making them.

Regarding ambu weapons I figured Malevolence was still better, but I usually wait until Snapster or Capuchin pushes some data out before changing them.

You are correct. I did that on purpose because not everyone wants to go all in on ranger like that. It is in the "swaps" set off to the side.
[+]
 Asura.Bigtymer
user: olson2189
By Asura.Bigtymer 2019-02-08 13:53:05  
Asura.Bigtymer said: »

You are correct. I did that on purpose because not everyone wants to go all in on ranger like that. It is in the "swaps" set off to the side.

Gotcha, I guess it's a difference in opinion on what the top-tier set represents. I think most guides on these forums take the opposite approach - top-tier literally means top-tier, and if you don't want to commit to the adoulin ring, or if you don't want to commit to DM augments, then you look at the other sets for replacement swaps.

Either way, really good stuff and thanks for your work - I agree with others that this should become the new sticky guide.
By kunami 2019-02-08 13:58:53  
I understand that point of view. If enough people agree that "we" as a ranger community want the guide to face that way it is no problem for me to change it. I strive to inform people about the Weatherspoon Ring in other sections of the guide.

Part of the issue is that I was lazy and did not want to make a whole new row for Wildfire when on ranger it uses almost all the same gear minus an earring and a ring. Maybe I can leave those slots blank or something and point to the swaps. Or if it is still confusing I can copy the block and make them separate.

Thanks for your feedback.
 Asura.Zeroburning
By Asura.Zeroburning 2019-02-08 14:03:49  
Overall it's a great starter guide 100% until you start really diving into optimizing every set and pushing for maximum dmg but then people can always tweak sets for aslong as I've been playing ranger I'm still optimising gear and pushing it further and further
By Taint 2019-02-08 14:05:55  
I like your format. Other guides with dream tier DM or even max augments can be confusing/annoying. The chance of getting a perfect augment are 0.

When items are impossibly rare what’s the point of including them?
By kunami 2019-02-08 14:12:57  
Taint said: »
I like your format. Other guides with dream tier DM or even max augments can be confusing/annoying. The chance of getting a perfect augment are 0.

When items are impossibly rare what’s the point of including them?

The format is Arislan's from the COR forum, which I adapted with some "Ranger Green" for us. I would be remiss if I took credit for it all.

Anyway, I figure ranger augments are pretty obvious what you want to target. If I want AGI/MAB/WSD on my herc pieces, with DM I want the same stuff but MORE.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-02-08 14:13:14  
In your top tier midshot set I would probably leave the Iskur gorget and I would probably do yemaya belt for the extra STP. The JSE+2 neck and the KKBelt are probably racc swaps for me.
By kunami 2019-02-08 14:17:38  
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
In your top tier midshot set I would probably leave the Iskur gorget and I would probably do yemaya belt for the extra STP. The JSE+2 neck and the KKBelt are probably racc swaps for me.

I assumed that the JSE Neck was augmented and that a flat 10% Dmg increase was better than 1 extra stp. The belt is probably valid, however.
 Asura.Zeroburning
By Asura.Zeroburning 2019-02-08 14:21:29  
Jse +2 is bis for midshot
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-02-08 14:32:54  
My fault, I forgot that JSE gets STP too. Thought it was just the agi and the PDL
 Valefor.Gorns
サーバ: Valefor
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2019-02-08 14:44:02  
Very good guide ! Bravo !

My remark: no Samnuha Coat in TF set ? even starter or mid tier ?

Also I think that when it comes to Herc gear in top tier vs. non augmented gear in lower tier, it would be great to have some kind of indication of the target we should aim for.

For exemple, how much of MAB/AGI/WSD does Herc body need to beat Carmine and Samuha Coat ?
(I always thought it would only be DM augment herc body that could beat the carmine body +1)
 Asura.Zeroburning
By Asura.Zeroburning 2019-02-08 14:57:49  
Would need like a 30+macc 30+mab 3~4% wsdmg agi +any to beat carmine+1 would go Herc>Carmine>Samnuha
[+]
By kunami 2019-02-08 15:26:31  
Asura.Zeroburning said: »
Would need like a 30+macc 30+mab 3~4% wsdmg agi +any to beat carmine+1 would go Herc>Carmine>Samnuha

I will update to reflect this tonight.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-02-08 17:34:32  
bravo- glad to see someone take on the task of bringing our guide into modern times. Its been out of date for way too long.

Regarding the earlier debate on whether to include weatherspoon in sets, the hard thing is that technically if kunami had built true BiS sets it would take two Adoulin rings- Weatherspoon/+1 for Trueflight, and Haverton/+1 for preshot (and probably high accuracy sets). As such, mentioning them as great options but identifying the limitations of the game feels like the better route to go than to include them in displayed sets.

If the decision was purely on "this ring is best for Ranger" versus "this ring is best for XXX job", including the BiS RNG one in our guide would make more sense. Identifying the choices and what you gain/lose by making them is safer.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Taint 2019-02-08 18:02:42  
And kareiyh+1 for the rest of the WSs.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-02-09 07:50:36  
Asura.Kusaregedo said: »
any idea how far behind in dps gandiva is to fomalhaut in physical fights? i know it's inferior, but i prefer bow and would accept a certain amount of deficit in the name of having fun.

Again following my belief that every RNG in their heart either starts as a Bow RNG or wants to be one ;)

Seriously though, I'm a Gandiva owner and absolutely love it as well, it just doesn't even come close. I did a set of about 8 WoC's almost a year ago now, 3 using Gandiva, 3 using Fomalhaut, 2 using Armageddon. Foma beat Gandiva so badly it wasn't even worth remembering the parses. Yes, I'm aware that using RNG on WoC isn't really ever going to be a solid choice, but it was a way to test using the same mob, same buffs, similar debuffs. I was even able to switch to a full melee party while using Gandiva to be given Boost-DEX over Boost-AGI.

If I recall, the final numbers were somewhere around Gandiva putting out around 70% of the damage of fomalhaut, and armageddon putting out around 85% of a fomalhaut (TP/WS/SC dmg all included in this, and this test was done before RP. This certainly will close some of the gap between Foma/Arma, and probably some of the Gandiva fail as well, but not enough).

I only posted this not to break your heart, but actually to give a little hope. I believe that SE has a CHANCE to improve Bow RNGs with the release of Empyrean+3 gear. Whether they can without letting Marksmanship creeping ahead further is the real question.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Haxetc
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Haxetc 2019-02-09 08:37:11  
ItemSet 364971

This is what I came up with for Savage Blade. Obviously Kaja weapon main hand. Don't know if using a different belt or neck is better. Or Off hand for that matter.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-02-09 09:08:55  
probably prosilio +1 or metalsinger for belt.
By fonewear 2019-02-09 09:19:04  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
any idea how far behind in dps gandiva is to fomalhaut in physical fights? i know it's inferior, but i prefer bow and would accept a certain amount of deficit in the name of having fun.

Again following my belief that every RNG in their heart either starts as a Bow RNG or wants to be one ;)

Seriously though, I'm a Gandiva owner and absolutely love it as well, it just doesn't even come close. I did a set of about 8 WoC's almost a year ago now, 3 using Gandiva, 3 using Fomalhaut, 2 using Armageddon. Foma beat Gandiva so badly it wasn't even worth remembering the parses. Yes, I'm aware that using RNG on WoC isn't really ever going to be a solid choice, but it was a way to test using the same mob, same buffs, similar debuffs. I was even able to switch to a full melee party while using Gandiva to be given Boost-DEX over Boost-AGI.

If I recall, the final numbers were somewhere around Gandiva putting out around 70% of the damage of fomalhaut, and armageddon putting out around 85% of a fomalhaut (TP/WS/SC dmg all included in this, and this test was done before RP. This certainly will close some of the gap between Foma/Arma, and probably some of the Gandiva fail as well, but not enough).

I only posted this not to break your heart, but actually to give a little hope. I believe that SE has a CHANCE to improve Bow RNGs with the release of Empyrean+3 gear. Whether they can without letting Marksmanship creeping ahead further is the real question.

Yea waiting for bow to be great again is like me waiting for monk to be great again...
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-02-09 09:36:43  
fonewear said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Yea waiting for bow to be great again is like me waiting for monk to be great again...

Ibf4 SE adjust MNK and now they can equip bows.
[+]
By kunami 2019-02-09 09:42:25  
I think it is funny that RDM gets better use of the Ambuscade bow than ranger does.

If you guys are serious about wanting evisceration and savage blade in the node I will put them in.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-02-09 09:48:03  
oh I don't think because of the math of the game that Bow can ever compete with Marksmanship again. I just think with pieces like the Empy hands and legs, there's a chance if they did some unique additions to the piece- huge chunk of STP already on the legs that will only grow, and +archery skill on the hands that could increase along with possibly a ranged "critical damage+" type change to bring Gandiva's white damage up more on par with Armageddon. Jishnu's Radiance plays very well with our bread and butter weaponskills (chains in both directions with CDC, Savage Blade, Resolution, Torcleaver, Trueflight, Coronach, and can open for Leaden Salute even{gravitation}) and while it doesn't scale well with TP, we do have some solid gear options to increase damage.

Again, I'm not expecting it- I just see possibilities if SE wants to go in that direction.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-02-09 09:56:56  
I'm suggesting SE allows Ranger to dual wield REMA weapons. 2 guns bows etc.

Two bows could be complicated just say you stack 2 bows on one hand !
[+]
By Huehuehue 2019-02-09 10:02:48  
Awesome node bro, good stuff.

A melee set would be a great addition to the node. Esp early on doing capacity points melee TP gain can be more reliable and the Trial TP gun is actually very powerful for Melee Trueflight.

With Savage Blade even tho our sword skill is horrible, I do feel like it could have some potential when paired with TP gun.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-02-09 10:09:43  
I borrowed the COR guide (with permission) and stuck all of the community's work here over the last couple years in it. Don't need to make it a sticky or anything, but it's there for people's convenience if they want to use it to answer the repeated set questions we seem to get a lot in here.

node 365

Good to see and updated guide for people starting ranger.
By kunami 2019-02-09 10:31:13  
Huehuehue said: »
Awesome node bro, good stuff.

A melee set would be a great addition to the node. Esp early on doing capacity points melee TP gain can be more reliable and the Trial TP gun is actually very powerful for Melee Trueflight.

With Savage Blade even tho our sword skill is horrible, I do feel like it could have some potential when paired with TP gun.

I almost think Evisceration would be better for this. I am making some sets today though.
[+]
By Taint 2019-02-09 10:33:21  
I'd be all for bringing Bow back. Yoichi was my second Relic and one of my Favorites.
[+]
By Huehuehue 2019-02-09 10:48:09  
I almost think Evisceration would be better for this. I am making some sets today though.
Interested to see how both perform and maybe even decimation lol.

What's unique about Savage is that it's the only Melee WS RNG gets now that "Damage varies with TP". In this regard I think Savage benefits more from TP gun than any other Melee WS.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 129 130 131 132