Power Rangers: A Guide To Pewing

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
First Page 2 ... 130 131 132
 Bismarck.Helel
Offline
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Billzey
Posts: 1335
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-16 04:56:17  
Node 48
[+]
 Asura.Jkun
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: CiermeL
Posts: 96
By Asura.Jkun 2013-05-16 05:31:39  
Mad props to this guy's effort and dedication to the RNG community. Thank you Helel!

Also requesting EES, Refulgent and QD sets >:3
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Offline
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
Posts: 24215
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-16 05:33:30  
Should have reserved posts! D: unless you plan to use a node!
 Leviathan.Kincard
Offline
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Kincard
Posts: 1442
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-05-16 05:35:02  
Was wondering if/when you were going to do this- can't think of anyone more RNG-crazy around here.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Offline
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ravant
Posts: 1441
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-05-16 05:39:05  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Should have reserved posts! D: unless you plan to use a node!

I REALLLY wanted to post this when the thread first popped up.. but I didnt want to steal the 2nd post >.<
Offline
Posts: 32551
By Artemicion 2013-05-16 05:40:45  
Obligatory artwork for OP.



Alternatively
[+]
 Leviathan.Kincard
Offline
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Kincard
Posts: 1442
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-05-16 05:58:43  
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Offline
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1828
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-05-16 06:10:51  
Don't forget to add

Best pulling/claiming/skilling bow ever :3
I will never toss mine!
[+]
 Leviathan.Vaudianx
Offline
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: xVaudianx
Posts: 128
By Leviathan.Vaudianx 2013-05-16 06:53:48  
I <3 you OP!!
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Offline
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
Posts: 2472
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-05-16 06:59:09  
+10 for the name
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Offline
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: sairasu
Posts: 285
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2013-05-16 07:35:29  
Very Nice guide I thought I was RNG crazy seems you take the cake very helpful to community. Gotta read second half when im back from gym.
 Asura.Hyden
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Hyden
Posts: 29
By Asura.Hyden 2013-05-16 07:41:16  
You've got Anni in some of your bow sets but the guide looks great otherwise! ^^
 Sylph.Washburn
Offline
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Washburn
Posts: 610
By Sylph.Washburn 2013-05-16 08:19:06  
This just in (translated):


For the D value, although there is the assumption up and down from here because it is being adjusted,
I assume the following as the approximate number of.

Arrow: D74 (content level 14)
Bullet: D196 (content level 14)
Bolt: D93 (content level 20)

With that said, damascus is over.
 Lakshmi.Tanama
Offline
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: JDvasquez
Posts: 225
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2013-05-16 09:35:35  
Sylph.Washburn said: »
This just in (translated):


For the D value, although there is the assumption up and down from here because it is being adjusted,
I assume the following as the approximate number of.

Arrow: D74 (content level 14)
Bullet: D196 (content level 14)
Bolt: D93 (content level 20)

With that said, damascus is over.
[+]
 Siren.Obtuse
Offline
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Obtuse
Posts: 24
By Siren.Obtuse 2013-05-16 10:47:56  
Great stuff! Definitely looking forward to this guide being further fleshed out :D
 Cerberus.Cahlum
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Cahlum
Posts: 268
By Cerberus.Cahlum 2013-05-16 11:09:42  
Been wanting you to write a RNG guide for ages! Looking good :D
 Bismarck.Helel
Offline
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Billzey
Posts: 1335
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-16 14:12:17  
Sylph.Washburn said: »
This just in (translated):


For the D value, although there is the assumption up and down from here because it is being adjusted,
I assume the following as the approximate number of.

Arrow: D74 (content level 14)
Bullet: D196 (content level 14)
Bolt: D93 (content level 20)

With that said, damascus is over.

Damn, that's a huge upgrade for bullets. +11 for arrows, +51 (O_o) for bullets, -1 for bolts...? That seems off to me lol. I don't know why they would bother adding new bolts with one lower base damage, especially if they are supposed to be content level 20.

Oh wait, damascus bolts are 94 not 92. wtf? Maybe they'll have an additional effect on them like holy bolts or something.
 Bahamut.Darkone
Offline
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
Posts: 44
By Bahamut.Darkone 2013-05-16 15:12:11  
Sylph.Washburn said: »
This just in (translated):


For the D value, although there is the assumption up and down from here because it is being adjusted,
I assume the following as the approximate number of.

Arrow: D74 (content level 14)
Bullet: D196 (content level 14)
Bolt: D93 (content level 20)

With that said, damascus is over.

I hope that is incorrect, it still puts gun+bullets being lower damage than bow+arrow. And unless bolts have some sort of extra effect they aren't stronger at all.
 Cerberus.Cahlum
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Cahlum
Posts: 268
By Cerberus.Cahlum 2013-05-16 15:18:48  
One small error I notice in the group 2 merits conclusion, you mention rapid shot instead of recycle.
 Bismarck.Helel
Offline
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Billzey
Posts: 1335
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-16 15:59:08  
Bahamut.Darkone said: »
Sylph.Washburn said: »
This just in (translated):


For the D value, although there is the assumption up and down from here because it is being adjusted,
I assume the following as the approximate number of.

Arrow: D74 (content level 14)
Bullet: D196 (content level 14)
Bolt: D93 (content level 20)

With that said, damascus is over.

I hope that is incorrect, it still puts gun+bullets being lower damage than bow+arrow. And unless bolts have some sort of extra effect they aren't stronger at all.

I don't hope it's incorrect. The base damage is hardly much lower, and last stand obliterates every bow WS at this point in time. Things will change when JR is unlocked though. The bolt must have an additional effect to it, otherwise this makes no sense.

I'm changing everything over to nodes, so formatting might be weird for a bit.
 Bahamut.Darkone
Offline
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
Posts: 44
By Bahamut.Darkone 2013-05-16 16:51:04  
Bismarck.Helel said: »
Bahamut.Darkone said: »
Sylph.Washburn said: »
This just in (translated):


For the D value, although there is the assumption up and down from here because it is being adjusted,
I assume the following as the approximate number of.

Arrow: D74 (content level 14)
Bullet: D196 (content level 14)
Bolt: D93 (content level 20)

With that said, damascus is over.

I hope that is incorrect, it still puts gun+bullets being lower damage than bow+arrow. And unless bolts have some sort of extra effect they aren't stronger at all.

I don't hope it's incorrect. The base damage is hardly much lower, and last stand obliterates every bow WS at this point in time. Things will change when JR is unlocked though. The bolt must have an additional effect to it, otherwise this makes no sense.

I'm changing everything over to nodes, so formatting might be weird for a bit.

The normal none boss delve weapons.

It's not just bow vs gun it's everything. You go from a 221 dmg gun+bullet to a 292 gun+bullet. That is a 32% increase in damage.

189 bow+arrow to 295 bow+arrow. 56% damage increase

the boss weapons are even more in favor of bow/arrow.

Plus if you look at the other weapons you have upgrades of similar percentage to the bow/arrow. axe about 50% dagger 65%, with the boss weapons being much stronger. I think none boss gun+bullet should be around 50% upgrade so it stays in line with other weapon upgrades. Which would ether mean raise base damage on delve guns, or update so bullets are around 235 dmg.
 Lakshmi.Feint
Offline
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: feint2021
Posts: 332
By Lakshmi.Feint 2013-05-16 17:01:58  
Love the title ><
 Sylph.Malizia
Offline
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Malizia
Posts: 159
By Sylph.Malizia 2013-05-16 17:18:36  
Bismarck.Helel said: »
I'm changing everything over to nodes, so formatting might be weird for a bit.

Unfortunately, you're going to lose your itemsets and any spoilers (though you don't use that right now): bug report

If it wasn't for those bugs, I would have switched the THF guide to nodes by now.
 Fenrir.Thandar
Offline
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Thandar
Posts: 405
By Fenrir.Thandar 2013-05-16 17:20:40  
Bismarck.Helel said: »
Certainly the most powerful ranged weapon in the game right now. It currently doesn’t currently beat gun in weapon skill numbers, but TP damage will be drastically higher.
 Bismarck.Helel
Offline
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Billzey
Posts: 1335
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-16 17:24:29  
Bahamut.Darkone said: »
Bismarck.Helel said: »
Bahamut.Darkone said: »
Sylph.Washburn said: »
This just in (translated):


For the D value, although there is the assumption up and down from here because it is being adjusted,
I assume the following as the approximate number of.

Arrow: D74 (content level 14)
Bullet: D196 (content level 14)
Bolt: D93 (content level 20)

With that said, damascus is over.

I hope that is incorrect, it still puts gun+bullets being lower damage than bow+arrow. And unless bolts have some sort of extra effect they aren't stronger at all.

I don't hope it's incorrect. The base damage is hardly much lower, and last stand obliterates every bow WS at this point in time. Things will change when JR is unlocked though. The bolt must have an additional effect to it, otherwise this makes no sense.

I'm changing everything over to nodes, so formatting might be weird for a bit.

The normal none boss delve weapons.

It's not just bow vs gun it's everything. You go from a 221 dmg gun+bullet to a 292 gun+bullet. That is a 32% increase in damage.

189 bow+arrow to 295 bow+arrow. 56% damage increase

the boss weapons are even more in favor of bow/arrow.

Plus if you look at the other weapons you have upgrades of similar percentage to the bow/arrow. axe about 50% dagger 65%, with the boss weapons being much stronger. I think none boss gun+bullet should be around 50% upgrade so it stays in line with other weapon upgrades. Which would ether mean raise base damage on delve guns, or update so bullets are around 235 dmg.

Echidna's bow +1 with new arrows = 322. Donderbuss +1 with new bullets = 304. Considering that the plasm gun already beats echidna's bow in weapon skill numbers, this closes the gap between them substantially. You're also probably forgetting that echidna's bow +1 has the same delay as the gun. The only difference between them is their weapon skills, and the lower TP generation of bow.

If we're talking about yoichi/annihilator, then it's 199 (yoichi) vs. 272 (annihilator), at least until they implement REM update.

I'm not really seeing the bow favoritism here, unless I'm missing something. JR will change things.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
Offline
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Gaspee
Posts: 1350
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2013-05-16 17:32:50  
Good work, Helel. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

One error:

Quote:
Group Two:

Stealth shot/Flashy shot: See JA section please. These job abilities aren’t necessarily bad, it’s just you absolutely need to merit both recycle and snapshot to 5/5.

Snapshot: 5/5. Free haste. Enjoy it. Your delay for ranged attacks will be permanently reduced by 10%.

Recycle rate: 5/5. See job trait section. This is an absolute necessity with scout’s beret +2.

Conclusion: No combination other than snapshot 5/5 and rapid shot 5/5 makes any sense for this category.

Recycle?
 Bismarck.Helel
Offline
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Billzey
Posts: 1335
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-16 17:33:39  
Sylph.Malizia said: »
Bismarck.Helel said: »
I'm changing everything over to nodes, so formatting might be weird for a bit.

Unfortunately, you're going to lose your itemsets and any spoilers (though you don't use that right now): bug report

If it wasn't for those bugs, I would have switched the THF guide to nodes by now.

I just put the link to the node at the top. People can either click on that or just use the itemset hyperlinks for now. Gonna take a break for now, and will add more itemsets later tonight.
 Bismarck.Helel
Offline
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Billzey
Posts: 1335
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-17 04:14:39  
Added some more item sets. I'll have to play around with the bow store TP options a bit to figure out a more ideal set, since you're obviously not going to be WSing in 30+ store tp. Will hopefully finish most of the sets tomorrow, and will then start working on the other sections.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Offline
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
Posts: 24215
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-17 04:34:10  
As a suggestion, remember to suggest a few swaps for the ideal sets since that's what people mainly want out of a guide, the steps to take to walk towards the optimal build.
[+]
First Page 2 ... 130 131 132
Log in to post.