2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 411 412 413 ... 445 446 447
By drakefs 2021-03-31 12:40:20  
Ragnarok.Lowen said: »
I had the non-MB and mb objectives last night and nuked the transcendent lizard for 40k with BA Spectral and still didn't get the 15k objective.

Well the 15k cannot be done via a magic burst. It has to be non-bursted damage. If the target doesn't have more 15k HP left, it also will not count. You can use BA for the non-MB nuke but 40k sounds like a MB.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2021-03-31 12:47:55  
drakefs said: »
If the target doesn't have more 15k HP left, it also will not count.
This is the most common point of people messing up the objective: target not having enough HP.

But that 40k def sounds like MB damage.
By SimonSes 2021-03-31 12:50:47  
FaeQueenCory said: »
But that 40k def sounds like MB damage.

Depends if with Malaise or not.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-03-31 13:12:36  
I have Malaise (no Idris yet though) and Wizard roll, it's not very hard to hit 40k with Burst Affinity.

So to clarify:

I was only nuking one target (the transcendent lizard)
I was not magic bursting
The target did not die from the nuke

It's not a one-off issue either as it's been happening to me for the entire campaign while I farm cards for my BLU body, with or without Burst Affinity.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-31 13:19:30  
There's a couple of weird instances with Blue Magic proccing objectives in omen.

Using a CA skillchain to close will count the SC damage as all magical. I distinctly remember closing with CAEF+Thrashing Assault and getting credit towards the entire magical objective, even though the spell was physical and the SC damage is magical.
By SimonSes 2021-03-31 13:29:44  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
There's a couple of weird instances with Blue Magic proccing objectives in omen.

Using a CA skillchain to close will count the SC damage as all magical. I distinctly remember closing with CAEF+Thrashing Assault and getting credit towards the entire magical objective, even though the spell was physical and the SC damage is magical.

This is more because physical or not, blue magic is magic. Physical magic counts twaord non MB 15k objective and skillchain is always just counted as additional damage to base (its counted as spell when it comes after from spell and its counted as WS when it comes after WS). Logically skillchain made by SCH with spells, should also count toward nonMB 15k objective.
By SimonSes 2021-03-31 13:41:57  
I have Malaise (no Idris yet though) and Wizard roll, it's not very hard to hit 40k with Burst Affinity.

So to clarify:

I was not magic bursting

It's not a one-off issue either as it's been happening to me for the entire campaign while I farm cards for my BLU body, with or without Burst Affinity.

How you know it didnt count? from addon or from chat?
 Ragnarok.Lowen
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-03-31 14:41:19  
SimonSes said: »

So to clarify:

I was not magic bursting

How you know it didnt count? from addon or from chat?

Both. I can take screenshots next time I suppose.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-04-02 12:02:58  
Happy friday all!

I'm looking to drum up conversation aroun my BLU engaged sets. To preface, this is for odyssey farm shoal C with pld/drk/blu/cor/brd/whm. (Drk can be any heavy dps) I'm also interested in thoughts on my spellset.

my engaged set..

ItemSet 379118

my am3 set..

ItemSet 379119

I achieve dual wield IV trait via the below spellset..

<slot01>white wind</slot01>
<slot02>fantod</slot02>
<slot03>thrashing assault</slot03>
<slot04>occultation</slot04>
<slot05>heavy strike</slot05>
<slot06>barbed crescent</slot06>
<slot07>sinker drill</slot07>
<slot08>empty thrash</slot08>
<slot09>dream flower</slot09>
<slot10>diffusion ray</slot10>
<slot11>anvil lightning</slot11>
<slot12>entomb</slot12>
<slot13>tenebral crush</slot13>
<slot14>molting plumage</slot14>
<slot15>erratic flutter</slot15>
<slot16>sudden lunge</slot16>
<slot17>delta thrust</slot17>
By Taint 2021-04-02 12:50:47  
Drop Odr for Telos or Balder+1.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
サーバ: Asura
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-04-02 12:57:08  
Odr(and even then I would swap to a few different earrings first) only going to be worth using if you really hurting for accuracy, but at that point take off dedition too.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-04-02 13:08:35  
Taint said: »
Drop Odr for Telos or Balder+1.

Thanks! Thoughts on spellset?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-04-02 13:09:06  
Asura.Bippin said: »
Odr(and even then I would swap to a few different earrings first) only going to be worth using if you really hurting for accuracy, but at that point take off dedition too.

Yea I don't think accuracy will be an issue. Swapping Odr to telos.
 Asura.Wax
By Asura.Wax 2021-04-02 15:07:32  
Why use Sakpata's sword over Thibron? Are you having accuracy issues in Shoal C?
By Shichishito 2021-04-02 16:43:04  
Asura.Wax said: »
Why use Sakpata's sword over Thibron? Are you having accuracy issues in Shoal C?
i'd say -DT and the extra HP, from what i count he only has 40-45% -DT in his set since he aims for full stp outside of offhand.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-04-02 17:32:02  
Asura.Wax said: »

The added DT is helpful. No accuracy problems.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2021-04-02 17:38:12  
Unless you're opting for CDC, you'd be better off putting in a Defending Ring.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-04-02 17:39:31  
its also helpful for the macc for cruel joke
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2021-04-02 18:13:10  
If you're not encountering accuracy issues with Thibron, you should really be using Thibron if you're using Expiacion. Since you have a dedicated tank, I think you're placing too much emphasis on DT.

As for Cruel Joke, if you are encountering macc problems, I'd suggest either improving your set or simply swapping to an offhand with macc for the cast. Full-timing Sakpata's sword is too much of a DPS hit compared to other options.

For your spells, I'd drop Anvil Lightning in favor of Nature's Meditation, since you're definitely not capping attack with only a COR and BRD unless you're able to full-time Soul Voice. If you're not using CDC, you can also drop Sinker Drill for Barrier Tusk and maybe Winds of Promy for some more DT and utility, which could make up for ditching Sakpata's if you really need the DT.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-04-02 18:20:47  
Sylph.Oraen said: »
If you're not encountering accuracy issues with Thibron, you should really be using Thibron if you're using Expiacion. Since you have a dedicated tank, I think you're placing too much emphasis on DT.

As for Cruel Joke, if you are encountering macc problems, I'd suggest either improving your set or simply swapping to an offhand with macc for the cast. Full-timing Sakpata's sword is too much of a DPS hit compared to other options.

For your spells, I'd drop Anvil Lightning in favor of Nature's Meditation, since you're definitely not capping attack with only a COR and BRD unless you're able to full-time Soul Voice. If you're not using CDC, you can also drop Sinker Drill for Barrier Tusk and maybe Winds of Promy for some more DT and utility, which could make up for ditching Sakpata's if you really need the DT.

Thank you!
By Endlesscc 2021-04-09 13:56:29  
Odin Prime HTBC questions :

I have been running VE for Odin Prime, hoping to get the sword for my blue, and wouldn't mind the rest of the equipment from Odin. I use Blu/Thf with max of 4 TH, pretty easy kill and so far I have 0/50 kills.

I have tried Easy/Normal a couple times and the Dreadspike always kill me (I use Tank/Cherukki/Yoran/Kora/Brd trusts). I am wondering if VE will drop the equipment at all?

i tried with Thf for VE but it never ever survived the Zenutkesan....
By Shichishito 2021-04-09 15:21:46  
i don't know of a single HTBF that hides certain drops behind higher difficulty, even lilith drops everything on lower difficult, the drop rates are just really bad. it be very arbitrary to make it different for odin.

imho if you go solo and don't have a way to completely deny odin TP like RDM does then i wouldn't bother going any higher than easy and even there you most likely won't succeed 100% of the time.

on easy upwards zantetsuken is very likely to kill a trust and at that point Geirrothr will also become lethal for trusts and once a second trust dies or is out of reach (carful with trusts like yoran who reposition) Geirrothr can also oneshot your BLU.
on normal and upwards just a single trust out of reach, untargetable or dead (repositioning trusts like yoran, geo trusts like brygid) will boost Geirrothr damage high enough to oneshot a BLU.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-04-09 15:23:35  
Endlesscc said: »
I am wondering if VE will drop the equipment at all?

I went 1/3 on body doing VE with TH4.
By Endlesscc 2021-04-09 15:25:14  
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Endlesscc said: »
I am wondering if VE will drop the equipment at all?

I went 1/3 on body doing VE with TH4.

I got TH 4 with subbing Thf and also couple piece of TH Herc gear, and for 50 runs i never see a single equip drop, you , my friend are super lucky haha
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-04-09 15:57:34  
Finally shaking the rust off and determined how dumb I am for having Empty Thrash set for Dyna D. Oof.
By Shichishito 2021-04-09 16:31:41  
isn't empty thrash part of the double/triple attack trait? i'm confused, do you exclusively AoE in Dyna D or are you trying to imply the extra triple attack from trait is negligible when tizona AM3 is up?
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2021-04-09 19:07:11  
Demoralizing roar is 1 more point for the same trait and gets you an aoe 20% atk down, which can obviously be very useful in dyna. Gonna have to assume that's what he means?
By SimonSes 2021-04-10 03:45:49  
Shichishito said: »
i don't know of a single HTBF that hides certain drops behind higher difficulty, even lilith drops everything on lower difficult, the drop rates are just really bad. it be very arbitrary to make it different for odin.

imho if you go solo and don't have a way to completely deny odin TP like RDM does then i wouldn't bother going any higher than easy and even there you most likely won't succeed 100% of the time.

on easy upwards zantetsuken is very likely to kill a trust and at that point Geirrothr will also become lethal for trusts and once a second trust dies or is out of reach (carful with trusts like yoran who reposition) Geirrothr can also oneshot your BLU.
on normal and upwards just a single trust out of reach, untargetable or dead (repositioning trusts like yoran, geo trusts like brygid) will boost Geirrothr damage high enough to oneshot a BLU.

Sorry for quoting whole thing, but I'm on phone. I don't think surviving Zantetsuken is that hard on blu. Just keep att down debuff and defusion cocoon below 50%. Should be enough for normal.

Most htbf fights beside Lilith has significant boost in drop rate at normal and higher. VD is guaranteed drop in old htbf, not sure about odin and alexander and Caith, but at normal difficulty with TH Caith and Alex have around 25-30% drop chance (maybe more). Below normal it's much lower and at VE it's like 5%, so it's well worth to do normal at least.
 Asura.Cordyfox
user: Cordyfox
By Asura.Cordyfox 2021-04-10 04:26:39  
SimonSes said: »
VD is guaranteed drop in old htbf, not sure about odin and alexander and Caith, but at normal difficulty with TH Caith and Alex have around 25-30% drop chance (maybe more).
Did VD Odin and Alex recently, had runs where nothing dropped.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-04-10 04:39:24  
Shichishito said: »
isn't empty thrash part of the double/triple attack trait? i'm confused, do you exclusively AoE in Dyna D or are you trying to imply the extra triple attack from trait is negligible when tizona AM3 is up?

Unless you aren’t running with a COR, Acrid Stream.
First Page 2 3 ... 411 412 413 ... 445 446 447