2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 410 411 412 ... 446 447 448
By SimonSes 2021-03-27 02:39:41  
Shichishito said: »
however some mentioned evasion is more effective in odyssey so maybe switching scouring spate (8), sweaping gauge (6), barrier tusk (3) and magic fruite (3) or dream flower (3) for screw driver (3 for first tier of evasion bonus with occultation), tenebral crush (8) and blinding fulgor (8) works better?

I think you need like 1300 evasion for floor 1 path C. BLU can get up to ~1290 without outside buffs, if you use Sechs's set from this page and add Sakpata's Sword and +15 evasion on cape, eat Salt Ramen and set max tier of evasion tier. So it could be enough for first floor. Now I know around 1390 evasion is not enough for last floor and Im not sure about 3rd.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-27 09:55:49  
So I had no tags for Odyssey, decided to try my Eva set in Omen, with Eva food but my default AoE /RDM nuking set (no Eva bonus trait).
I had, uh, I would need to check but definitely less than 1300 eva, more around 1260 I think.
Weeeell what can I say? I got to the pigs anf I still had my first Occultation up, the one I cast at the beginning of the run, lmao xD

This will not work well in Sheol C for the reasons Simon said, but I'm pretty confident it will be nice in Sheol B and especially Sheol A to get some points and build up mastery :-)
By SimonSes 2021-03-27 11:36:06  
Remember to cast Verve with Diffusion outside and wait few minutes till you have like 1 min cooldown on UL, then go in. Also remember to cast Entomb and sleeps in Evasion set or you will be eaten alive with 20 mobs on you.
By drakefs 2021-03-27 12:26:47  
Asura.Sechs said: »
This will not work well in Sheol C for the reasons Simon said, but I'm pretty confident it will be nice in Sheol B and especially Sheol A to get some points and build up mastery :-)

I still need BRD buffs, with marcato, to effectively/safely pull groups in Sheol B. I am 1162 eva prebuff\food and I do not use food as I have a BRD with me.

SimonSes said: »
Remember to cast Verve with Diffusion outside and wait few minutes till you have like 1 min cooldown on UL, then go in.
'

I just use UW on my first CJ cast and then diffuse a CV while waiting for the mobs to die.
By drakefs 2021-03-27 14:40:22  
fillerbunny9 said: »
No - Ameretats, Bats, Chigoe, Clot, Dahak, Diremite, Funguar, Ghosts, Hecteyes, Leeches, Manticore, Puk, Ram, Scorpion, Spider, Tiger, Undead, Wamoura, Wamouracampa, Weapons, Worms.

Wamoura and Wamouracampa are both able to be Cruel Joked.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-27 15:19:24  
SimonSes said: »
Remember to cast Verve with Diffusion outside and wait few minutes till you have like 1 min cooldown on UL, then go in. Also remember to cast Entomb and sleeps in Evasion set or you will be eaten alive with 20 mobs on you.
I've been going /RDM so far, think I'll be doin the same in Odyssey but dunno, will test things.
With /RDM I don't really need Carcharian Verve.

drakefs said: »
I still need BRD buffs, with marcato, to effectively/safely pull groups in Sheol B. I am 1162 eva prebuff\food and I do not use food as I have a BRD with me.
I have ~1220 Eva before Food. Food is gonna be ~60 more.
Still less than 1300.
Think it will be fine for Sheol A, for B eh... probably not enough, but maybe it's gonna be ok, I'll check and see later.
By fillerbunny9 2021-03-27 15:34:47  
No - Ameretats, Bats, Chigoe, Clot, Dahak, Diremite, Funguar, Ghosts, Hecteyes, Leeches, Manticore, Puk, Ram, Scorpion, Spider, Tiger, Undead, Wamoura, Wamouracampa, Weapons, Worms.

Wamoura and Wamouracampa are both able to be Cruel Joked.

we were unable to land with multiple casts.
 Asura.Panasync
By Asura.Panasync 2021-03-27 15:43:24  
Was that set(s) mainly for solo'ing on BLU? If so is it a decent set to go in with on C if you have a static w/a paladin/run, or is there a different set if you're going primarily as a DD with a few support spells? Or is that just your standard high DD spell set with sleep replacing one of the spells for CC and def down spell, or is it something totally different?
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2021-03-27 16:17:33  
Anyone know where each of the "special" elemental monsters spawn?

Like which zones for each?
By drakefs 2021-03-27 16:36:39  

May want to try them again. At least in Sheol C, I have CJ'ed both and Mischief's list says they are vulnerable.

Asura.Sechs said: »
Think it will be fine for Sheol A, for B eh... probably not enough, but maybe it's gonna be ok, I'll check and see later.

I will note, without 2 Mambos and Dragonfoe being Marcato'ed, Sheol B mobs will hit enough to cause an issue without external heals. This information is biased though, as I start with a Marcato Mambo. I will try floor 1 in Sheol B without Marcato next time.

Let us know how it goes though
By fillerbunny9 2021-03-27 17:03:03  

May want to try them again. At least in Sheol C, I have CJ'ed both and Mischief's list says they are vulnerable.

at this point, we just skip over them, my BLU is the best geared of the lot, and if I cannot land on a single mob in a pull of 10, then there is little chance the others will either. I am currently casting in the following set - and while I could potentially do better upgrading AF Legs to +3, I currently am allocating Omen cards elsewhere. Tiz. R10, UNM items are R15, and back has an additional 10 BLU Skill.

ItemSet 378984
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-27 17:32:20  
Let us know how it goes though
Floor 1 was super fine.
Floor 2 was much worse and very dangerous and I died after a few pulls because I found TWO groups of monsters who were resistant to Doom lol

The fact that I forgot to call a healer Trust and didn't notice, well, that didn't help either :-P
By Pantafernando 2021-03-27 17:42:14  
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Anyone know where each of the "special" elemental monsters spawn?

Like which zones for each?

Do you mean the dual elementals?

Alluvion Yorcia Skirmish
By drakefs 2021-03-27 17:58:25  

at this point, we just skip over them, my BLU is the best geared of the lot, and if I cannot land on a single mob in a pull of 10, then there is little chance the others will either. I am currently casting in the following set - and while I could potentially do better upgrading AF Legs to +3, I currently am allocating Omen cards elsewhere. Tiz. R10, UNM items are R15, and back has an additional 10 BLU Skill.

Hmm I have had no issue landing on them and I am casting from my Evasion set 90% of the time. I am using Maxi MH and Bunzi OH
Code
    main="Maxentius",
    sub="Bunzi's Rod",
    ammo="Pemphredo Tathlum",
    head="Malignance Chapeau",
    body="Malignance Tabard",
    hands="Malignance Gloves",
    legs="Nyame Flanchard",
    feet="Nyame Sollerets",
    neck="Bathy Choker",
    waist={ name="Acuity Belt +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
    left_ear="Eabani Earring",
    right_ear="Ethereal Earring",
    left_ring="Defending Ring",
    right_ring="Vocane Ring",
    back={ name="Rosmerta's Cape", augments={'AGI+20','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','Evasion+10','Enmity+10','Evasion+15',}},

EDIT: I found Cruel Joke was not in my Blue magic list in my lua and that was causing a lot of issue for me initially.
By fillerbunny9 2021-03-27 19:01:04  
yeah, I added it to the array that it casts with other M.Acc spells like sleeps and whatnot.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2021-03-27 20:39:41  
SE needs to give BLU's a way to save pre-made spell sets. So you can switch between them "On the fly". Give us like 4-5 nodes at least for that ***.
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2021-03-27 21:28:14  
SE needs to give BLU's a way to save pre-made spell sets. So you can switch between them "On the fly". Give us like 4-5 nodes at least for that ***.

Until they do, your best bet is the Azure Sets Gearswap addon.
By Draylo 2021-03-27 21:56:18  
yea but someone fix it to get rid of the lag!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2021-03-27 22:12:16  
Sylph.Oraen said: »

Until they do, your best bet is the Azure Sets Gearswap addon.

I don't use gearswap though! I use equipsets! And I'm actually happy with my choice!
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2021-03-27 22:15:39  
Sorry, not a Gearswap addon, but a Windower addon. My mistake.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-03-30 23:27:36  
So, am I stupid, or does blue magic not work for the nuking objectives in Omen? I've tried hitting the transcendant mobs with Burst Affinity Spectral for 30k (without killing it), but I still can't get the nuke/mb nuke objectives completed.
 Shiva.Berzerk
サーバ: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2021-03-30 23:29:16  
Ragnarok.Lowen said: »
So, am I stupid, or does blue magic not work for the nuking objectives in Omen? I've tried hitting the transcendant mobs with Burst Affinity Spectra for 30k (without killing it), but I still can't get the nuke/mb nuke objectives completed.

The mob has to have 30k HP left when you do 30k damage, if it's at like 10-15k health left and you do the 30k damage, it only counts as 10-15k.

Edit: Just saw you said you did 30k without killing it, that's pretty strange.
 Bahamut.Endr
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Endr
By Bahamut.Endr 2021-03-31 02:09:58  
Blue magic does not work for objectives in Omen. I've done both burst and free nuke on several occasions, and it never registers.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2021-03-31 02:22:57  
All four runs I did tonight had the MB damage objective cleared by our BLU, so I'm not certain what the issue might be.

Apologies for the inane question, but did you use Burst Affinity for the MB objective?
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2021-03-31 03:43:54  
Bahamut.Endr said: »
Blue magic does not work for objectives in Omen. I've done both burst and free nuke on several occasions, and it never registers.
I've done multiple runs where I cleared both objectives on BLU, so it registers just fine. The only potential issues is that, like someone above said, you need to be sure the mob actually has 15/30k hp left at the time you cast your nukes.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-31 04:19:24  
I can confirm you can do both objective (15k no burst, 30k burst) pretty easy on BLU.
Arguably the easiest job, even with shitty gear, to do the 15k no burst without mules buffing you.

The 30k burst is of course possible but you need to use Burst Affinity (of course) and you need to open a SC with a low level weapon so that it leaves the Trans mob with enough hp for the Burst to actually do 30k+ without overkilling the target.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-03-31 09:20:48  
The only time I’ve done the 15k damage without it actually registering is when I have a *** of mobs and the lag interferes.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-31 09:31:23  
Ragnarok.Lowen said: »
So, am I stupid, or does blue magic not work for the nuking objectives in Omen? I've tried hitting the transcendant mobs with Burst Affinity Spectral for 30k (without killing it), but I still can't get the nuke/mb nuke objectives completed.

There is a glitch with Blue Magic for some reason. Occasionally, I will miss the 15k nuke objective when swart farming (using BA to boost the damage), where I visually see myself dealing 15k dmg to the Transcended, but it does not register. Later on in the fight on the larger floor, I will land it no problem with BA.

So I don't know if the cause is something with BA. But it happens enough times for me to physically see the objective not get cleared.

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
The only time I’ve done the 15k damage without it actually registering is when I have a *** of mobs and the lag interferes.

This could just be it, tbh. The log goes by so fast, the game misses your clear
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-03-31 10:30:34  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
This could just be it, tbh. The log goes by so fast, the game misses your clear

I feel like sometimes even TH gets messed up with mass pulls. I’ll Dream Flower the pull and use the other character to Sleepga for TH8, and quite often I’ll have zero drops.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-03-31 11:15:22  
I dunno if mass pulls have much to do with it, at the very least they're not the only issue. I had the non-MB and mb objectives last night and nuked the transcendent lizard for 40k with BA Spectral and still didn't get the 15k objective. I mb'd spectral on the bird too and couldn't get the mb done. I never have these issues on RDM.

Maybe next time I'll just try rail cannon even if I'm only hitting one target.
First Page 2 3 ... 410 411 412 ... 446 447 448