SE Announced "Avatarssssss" Which Top 3 Do You Predict?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » SE announced "Avatarssssss" which top 3 do you predict?
SE announced "Avatarssssss" which top 3 do you predict?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-03-28 01:34:50  
I'm still sticking with Yojimbo. They mentioned that they want people to use SMN and keep the avatars out. Wouldn't it be sick if the avatar gets summoned, (Yoj)then he walks up to the mob and starts attacking, and using his TP to weaponskill. A physical based avatar, where the longer you have him out, the more potent his T becomes.
As for Phoenix, its totally possible, it might be why white mage got an adjustment on raise spells(Casting speed, Lvl, Mp cost), was to make white mage superior to Phoenix(what they already have planned.).
 Seraph.Majique
サーバ: Seraph
user: Majique
By Seraph.Majique 2009-03-28 03:25:49  
Galvaya said:
I'm still sticking with Yojimbo. They mentioned that they want people to use SMN and keep the avatars out. Wouldn't it be sick if the avatar gets summoned, (Yoj)then he walks up to the mob and starts attacking, and using his TP to weaponskill. A physical based avatar, where the longer you have him out, the more potent his T becomes.
As for Phoenix, its totally possible, it might be why white mage got an adjustment on raise spells(Casting speed, Lvl, Mp cost), was to make white mage superior to Phoenix(what they already have planned.).

this use of yojimbo would be badass, with a BP:Ward Store TP w/ accuracy bonus... hopefully he would have some origional samurai style BP:R's that aren't obtainable by sam's

your deduction on why upgrade whm is a good one too, but i don't think it would be to top an avatar that there has only been in cs's as a sword. pretty sure their just trying to put whm back on top of the pedistol that sch has stolen from it lol.
 Phoenix.Miemo
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Miemo
By Phoenix.Miemo 2009-03-30 04:38:00  
Semi off topic.

Someone mentioned "Tweaks to CoP" isnt gonna happen. I think it is.
WotG is all about "What have happened" and Tavnazia (CoP duh!) is more or less the center piece of the war.

Also for thoose who did play the new missions you will notice it ends with Beastmen marching towars *drumroll* Tavnazia.

Also concerning Phoenix it is likely. Especially if you add this into the story~
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-30 04:55:54  
Miemo said:
Semi off topic.

Someone mentioned "Tweaks to CoP" isnt gonna happen. I think it is.
WotG is all about "What have happened" and Tavnazia (CoP duh!) is more or less the center piece of the war.

Also for thoose who did play the new missions you will notice it ends with Beastmen marching towars *drumroll* Tavnazia.

Also concerning Phoenix it is likely. Especially if you add this into the story~

Aye, WotG is set in the time of the Battle of Tavnazia, which is the whole central story behind CoP, so considering that, it makes even more sense that phoenix could be one of the new avatars.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-30 04:57:02  
Miemo said:

This is all I saw.

Vote Phoenix!
 Sylph.Drak
サーバ: Sylph
user: Drak
By Sylph.Drak 2009-03-30 05:12:19  
just slight tweek in your phoenix theory if you've played through CoP story at all and met tenzen you learn his sword is phoenix ... =/
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-30 05:16:01  
About 10 people have said that >.>

Phoenix could easily be added in via WOTG though.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-30 05:19:54  
Drak said:
just slight tweek in your phoenix theory if you've played through CoP story at all and met tenzen you learn his sword is phoenix ... =/

No, Phoenix is IN Tenzen's sword, it's not his sword. Phoenix's power was weak and he inhabited Tenzen's sword to offer him guidance as it's all his remaining power could provide. WotG is 20 years earlier than CoP, really anything to do with Phoenix is possible, and imo, highly probable.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-30 05:20:22  
Just because Tenzen's sword has the spirit of Phoenix residing in it (it's not Phoenix) by no means mean Phoenix won't be an avatar. In fact, given this reference, it would make more sense to tie Phoenix in with the storyline, given that we step twenty years into the past in Wings of the Goddess.

Has anyone done the Areuhat quest? The one behind the Wyrm Woman's history in Wings of the Goddess? Lots of references to Phoenix in that! =)
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-30 05:33:30  
It would be interesting if SE added something like a long quest to gain a key item that you need to be able to summon Phoenix as an avatar, with possibly something similar to the FF8 method of using a Phoenix Pinion (or whatever it was) in the middle of a fight.

Instead of making it require an item to be used in the middle of a fight though, maybe just make another consumable (like NIN tools) that get used automatically when a SMN pulls out Phoenix.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-30 05:38:39  
I would prefer a ring has to be equipped or something. Having to use tools to summon Phoenix would suck.
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-30 05:41:22  
Do CoP 6-4

If you think that having Phoneix as an avatar would contridict 6-4, then by all means, say so, which I am btw....
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-30 05:43:08  
Because what you can do with the story of a fantasy game is restricted to what you've done before...

Come on. If they want Phoenix as an avatar, they'll have Phoenix as an avatar. References to it in the other storylines would be irrelevant for them.
 Phoenix.Miemo
By Phoenix.Miemo 2009-03-30 05:50:19  
Or simply to not disrupt the storyline we know of ~Only summonable in WotG ares. Is very new imo.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-30 05:57:20  
won't happen, they just announced the new updates for SMN

Just a couple of BP:W update and merited BP:R

no avatars for us SMNs
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-30 06:22:04
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

lol @ this thread
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-30 06:24:34  
Reublucian said:
lol @ this thread

Just wishful thinking for us SMNs, damn WHMs got all the good ***this update.....

I blame Canada for this!
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-30 06:26:31  
Still 9 days until the update, though, so hold the "QQQQ No Avatars QQQQ" until after the update please, Summoners!
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-30 06:27:58  
I'm not crying though.

I'm content with what I have, having more would just make my life a lot harder...
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-30 06:29:25  
You might not be, but it won't be long befoe some are. xD
 Ifrit.Dracko
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Dracko
By Ifrit.Dracko 2009-03-30 06:29:57  
I still say Phoenix ftw, I haven't played that much into the other story lines. However I stand firm on phoenix & yojimbo for the next avatars. I just wish SE would allow the players to vote on one avatar on an official SE poll, that would really spice things up.
 Phoenix.Miemo
By Phoenix.Miemo 2009-03-30 06:37:28  
Then again OP didnt say it was in the April update, just something that was said at the fanfest~
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-03-30 06:46:18  
I feel like SE, creating this thread, built up everyones hope. and POP....fizzle
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-30 06:49:02  
As you should, you bad person, you!
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-30 06:57:23  
Galvaya said:
I feel like SE, creating this thread, built up everyones hope. and POP....fizzle

I do that all the time
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-30 10:06:30  
Except with you, we log onto the forums hoping that maybe, just maybe you've quit, then the POP ...fizzle comes when we see your name :p

Damn you for making me read over all the mission scripts for CoP 6-4 onwards <_<

CoP Spoiler Alert:

Phoenix returned to the mother crystal to give his remaining power to bla bla bla. So yes, in CoP, he's certainly dead.

However, he's the avatar of rebirth, I don't know how the mother crystal works lol, what's to say that he can't just be reborn, especially since we killed Promathia (although that would mean that you'd have to have finished CoP for Phoenix to become an option).
Or, we could meet up with Phoenix 20 years ago and get his spirit pact then. Avatars in the present work in the past, so what's to say the rift doesn't work the other way? We can certainly go back and forth in time as much as we like.
Seriously, looking at how much WotG revolves around the CoP story-line (with the last mission up to this point leading towards the battle of Tavnazia), as well as references to the far east (one of the new armour pieces is even of Aht-Urhganian design), I still think that Phoenix is totally possible within the bounds of the story to be the next avatar. And while it doesn't look like new avatars are coming out this update, I still hold that a new avatar is not a job adjustment. Don't count your chickens before they've hatched, the update is not for 9 days apparently.
 Seraph.Majique
サーバ: Seraph
user: Majique
By Seraph.Majique 2009-03-30 10:14:01  
didnt anyone see harry potter and the chamberpot of secrets? phoenix's die/burn up and rise up from their ashes, like a fat galka dies and hatches a new fat galka.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-30 10:18:57  
Majique said:
didnt anyone see harry potter and the chamberpot of secrets? phoenix's die/burn up and rise up from their ashes, like a fat galka dies and hatches a new fat galka.

The story/myth/history of the phoenix is a wee bit older than Harry Potter <_<
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-03-30 10:24:29  
Blazza said:
Don't count your chickens before they've hatched, the update is not for 9 days apparently.

Or in this case.... "Don't count your Phoenix before they've hatched."
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-03-30 10:32:22  
Blazza: Isn't it also mention in the storyline that it takes a *LOT* of bloodshed for Phoenix to be reborn? IIRC hundreds of thousands were killed the last time he was reborn.
Majique: Chamberpot of Secrets? Harry Potter do something nasty in the toilet?