SE Announced "Avatarssssss" Which Top 3 Do You Predict?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » SE announced "Avatarssssss" which top 3 do you predict?
SE announced "Avatarssssss" which top 3 do you predict?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Phoenix.Miemo
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Miemo
By Phoenix.Miemo 2009-03-27 01:33:44  
Nightfyre said:

Dark Ixion or more likely the white Ixion with the broken horn in Jugner Forest [S], given that as far as I can tell it's not doing anything at the moment.

XD
First time I really lol'd in this forum!

Don't think Alexander will happen, unless the "New Playstile" they mention is the silly fact that Alexander is stuck to the ground and dosnt move.

Yojimbo~ Now that's hawtnes. All rich SMN get to give away all their gils! 'Scenario' <LS Bank> gives all money to the SMN - Who gives it all to Yojimbo~
/Yojimbo uses Zanmato. Pandemonium Warden falls to the ground.
- Sex

'Scenario #2' <LS Bank> gives all money to the SMN - Who logs off and is never heard off again!
 Ifrit.Dracko
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Dracko
By Ifrit.Dracko 2009-03-27 02:11:42  
I haven't been playing FFXI for long, but the following would make sense to be the next avatars:

1. Phoenix (definately imrpove smn's party tactics from level 1 )
2. Eden (cool summon, I believe for those who want something similar to Bahamut)
3. Yojimbo (tied to ToaU, would make sense to have him on as another non-elemental avatar with his dog) I'd solo from start to finish. OR even Gilgamesh (not too sure of spelling) the GF that replaces Odin in FFVIII

Please don't flame a person, it's my 1st time posting something here
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-03-27 02:15:25  
Dracko said:

1. Phoenix (definately imrpove smn's party tactics from level 1 )
2. Eden (cool summon, I believe for those who want something similar to Bahamut)
3. Yojimbo (tied to ToaU, would make sense to have him on as another non-elemental avatar with his dog) I'd solo from start to finish. OR even Gilgamesh (not too sure of spelling) the GF that replaces Odin in FFVIII

Please don't flame a person, it's my 1st time posting something here

Yeah, I agree, only thing about Gilgamesh is they gave that name to the guy who runs Norg, and involved in the Samurai quests. So I don't know if they could add it, unless its like his soul or something, which would be neat.
 Unicorn.Finn
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Finn
By Unicorn.Finn 2009-03-27 02:29:06  
SE mentoined its going to be a huge one and completly different from the other avatars, well...

just 2 words:

FAT CHOCOBO! ^^
 Ifrit.Dracko
By Ifrit.Dracko 2009-03-27 03:01:12  
Finn said:
SE mentoined its going to be a huge one and completly different from the other avatars, well...

just 2 words:

FAT CHOCOBO! ^^

That made my day, if SE adds the 3 sisters I would be so pissed. Coz that means their perp cost would be out of this world.

Question is : avatars have corresponding gear, what are they going to add for these new one's that they promising the world of FFXI & how hard would it be to get them
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-27 03:46:56  
I doubt it'll be Odin, it's too hard to get to and he's *** MASSIVE. There could be a way of implementing Odin through the warhorse hoofprints so that it's unrelated to einherjar, but I still doubt it. He's also too epic according to the story to be an avatar.

Alexander also has the issue of being ridiculously big, and, as Miemo beat me to it, he can't walk. Although people are saying that SE said one of the avatars would be really big and a new play style... That could be it <_< And same with Odin, he's too epic, like, wasn't all of Alzadaal Undersea Ruins actually Alexander's body?

Auroral Alicorn is a possibility, even though s/he's a freelancer, I don't think there's any real story behind him, so the quests to get him could explain his existence. Seems a little too much like carby though in abilities.

Another WoG possibility is Atomos, even though he's about the size of a city, he could take the form of a (ugly) maw. My reasoning behind this is that it's involved in the WoG missions, but there's been bugger all story for it, except that it's the gateway between past and present, and has been "opened for a higher purpose" or something. But, I'd much rather see it as the WoG version of Sky or Sea :o Wonder what it's nick-name would be, *** awesome looking zone though.

Phoenix would be a ToAU option, it's an established avatar already, even though it's apparently weakened, there are three ways around it's weakened state that I can see:
1: The fact that it's weakened makes it perfect for summoning so that it's not omgwwtfbbqkitten powerful
2: It's the avatar/god/symbol/something of rebirth, it can simply gdiaf and be reborn
3: We can go to the past and defeat/capture/whatever we do to be able summon avatars, and maybe it'll still be strong :o

I dunno about Yojimbo, I don't really have any reason against it except that it's a silly avatar (and isn't his dog Gilgamesh? Or Enkidu? If it's Gilgamesh then the names already in use and it would be silly story-wise, and if it's Enkidu it wouldn't make much sense that he has a full set of gear named after him...

Chocobo could be cool, but I doubt it'll ever be an avatar, doesn't work with the whole sentient being thing that avatars in this game has... ALTHOUGH, there was going to be a white chocobo released a while ago that was post-poned. Looked like it was going to tie in with chocobo raising/racing, but it could be anything with SE.

Doomtrain is just silly.
Don't really know enough about most of the other Avatars, but I think one of them at least will be non-elemental, and I doubt any of them will be the 6 main elements (which actually gives more weight to Alexander or Auroral Alicorn as an avatar)
 Odin.Arnor
user: arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2009-03-27 03:49:18  
hope its not too big lmao i lag up bad enough with normal avatars in a smn burn lol
and cyclops from FF tactics ftw :D
 Ifrit.Dracko
By Ifrit.Dracko 2009-03-27 04:20:46  
Point noted. Like i said I have'nt been playing ffxi for that long
 Remora.Orbit
サーバ: Remora
user: Orbit
By Remora.Orbit 2009-03-27 04:33:01  
How bout Bismarck (whale summon, water based)? He's big.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-27 04:45:47  
Madvin!

I'd actually like to see a completely support based ava >.> then again, I'm a sucker for Enfeeb/Debuff/Buff stuff.. /sniff
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-27 05:32:33  
SE has been saying they're adding new avatars at every fanfest since CoP came out.
 Phoenix.Miemo
By Phoenix.Miemo 2009-03-27 05:39:52  
- this:

Matheus~

User submitted image
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-27 05:47:14  
/ontopic, Alexander and Odin wouldn't be too farfetched, though they would have to be scaled down. Beyond that, fingers crossed for Knights of the Round or Eden xD
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-27 05:50:20  
scaling them doesn't make sense though imo, Odin could *kinda* work for the story, but Alexander wouldn't work for the story at all imo
 Phoenix.Miemo
By Phoenix.Miemo 2009-03-27 05:51:28  
Just have him step off his horse? :)
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-27 05:53:02  
Who cares about story? I just want big avatars that can blow stuff up.

Also, I think we should get a sentient avatar. Something that works similar to elementals as in, they can think for themselves. Either that or a group of miniavatars to make up a new avatar. Would also be awesome.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-27 06:18:27  
Enternius said:
Who cares about story?

erm... a lot of people, SE included I think, especially when they're implementing new stuffs.

SE guy 1: Hey, let's make Batman the newest avatar, it'll be super cool
SE guy 2: errr... Batman doesn't really fit in with the whole FF story-line...
SE guy 1: Who cares!? It's BATMAN!
SE guy 2: OK!

Not gonna happen.
 Ifrit.Dracko
By Ifrit.Dracko 2009-03-27 06:31:53  
SE guy 1 : I have a better avatar in mind!
SE guy 2 : what about a very cool bluntman, with the head burning red?
SE guy 1 : I could really use one right now.
SE guy 2 : Lets make that phone call
SE Line Manager: What ideas you got for the new avatars?
SE guy 2 : Bluntman!
SE Line Manager : (could use a joint right about now) Cool, keep me posted.

Anything is possible
 Cerberus.Jiko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-03-27 06:50:50  
Dracko said:
That made my day, if SE adds the 3 sisters I would be so pissed. Coz that means their perp cost would be out of this world.

The sisters are already in XI.

PROTIP: Look closer at Shikaree X-Z.

User submitted image

Sisters originally from FFIV

User submitted image
Trackers.

Notice the similarities?
 Asura.Icon
サーバ: Asura
user: ic0n67
By Asura.Icon 2009-03-27 07:23:29  
Kyaaadaa said:
On the other side, Phoenix hasn't been seen yet(outside of Tenzen's sword

Yes Phoenix has its powers reduced to temper Tenzen's sword. If only we could go into the past when Phoenix was still at the height of her power; too bad you can't do anything like that in this game ... ... ... ... ... ...
 Asura.Icon
By Asura.Icon 2009-03-27 07:25:32  
Jiko said:
Dracko said:

The sisters are already in XI.

PROTIP: Look closer at Shikaree X-Z.

User submitted image

Sisters originally from FFIV

User submitted image
Trackers.

Notice the similarities?

:O are you calling Shikaree Y fat?
 Cerberus.Jiko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-03-27 07:30:37  
She looks like she could lose a few pounds, I'd say!
 Asura.Icon
By Asura.Icon 2009-03-27 07:47:01  
Krebons said:
Not trying to be the anti-christ here but, how long has SE been saying this? dont hold your breath, you might pass out and die. :\

... the ***? You mean devil's advocate?
 Asura.Hatheron
user: Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-03-27 08:33:07  
What the hell, I'll add my two cents...

I'd say maybe:

1. Phoenix - Sure, she's weakened in the present, but there's no telling what she's been up to in the past. But then again, if she's in the past, where has she been? Hmm...

2. Valefor - I heard a rumor about this one when WotG first was announced. a non-elemental avatar makes some sense, but then again, if Valefor was in the game, where has he been? Hmm...

3. Alexander - With the idea that one (if not all) of the new avatars are gonna be big, he is the only one that seems viable when compared to Odin or Bahamut. But, then again, Alexander does reside in Aht Urghan. Hmm...

When I heard that these new avatars would be used differently than how the current ones are, it made me think of how summoners have been in previous Final Fantasy's. Maybe these avatars can only be summoned if the SMN meet certain requirements, and then, the Avatar only appears briefly to buff the party or damage the enemy before disappearing. I can see this working with Phoenix to give the party RR, or even Raisega. I do think that one of the new avatars will be Light based though. Carby rules, but but 2 Dark vs 1 Light? Let's balance the playing field.
 Gilgamesh.Phalon
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: patience
By Gilgamesh.Phalon 2009-03-27 08:36:49  
10 gill says fairies
 Ifrit.Durai
user: olan
By Ifrit.Durai 2009-03-27 08:59:38  
Artemicion said:
Only thing SE told us is there would be more than one. And they would be "big". they hinted at them being different from your typical avatar somehow.

I can see SE making these "big" summons like the older Final Fantasy summons. *Summon* > Uses chosen ability > goes away.

Edit:
Quote:
the Avatar only appears briefly to buff the party or damage the enemy before disappearing

Beat me to it.
 Asura.Icon
By Asura.Icon 2009-03-27 09:12:34  
Hatheron said:

I'd say maybe:

1. Phoenix - Sure, she's weakened in the present, but there's no telling what she's been up to in the past. But then again, if she's in the past, where has she been? Hmm...

2. Valefor - I heard a rumor about this one when WotG first was announced. a non-elemental avatar makes some sense, but then again, if Valefor was in the game, where has he been? Hmm...

3. Alexander - With the idea that one (if not all) of the new avatars are gonna be big, he is the only one that seems viable when compared to Odin or Bahamut. But, then again, Alexander does reside in Aht Urghan. Hmm...

When I heard that these new avatars would be used differently than how the current ones are, it made me think of how summoners have been in previous Final Fantasy's. Maybe these avatars can only be summoned if the SMN meet certain requirements, and then, the Avatar only appears briefly to buff the party or damage the enemy before disappearing. I can see this working with Phoenix to give the party RR, or even Raisega. I do think that one of the new avatars will be Light based though. Carby rules, but but 2 Dark vs 1 Light? Let's balance the playing field.

Diabolos wasn't introduced til chapter 3 of CoP ...
 Garuda.Crayne
サーバ: Garuda
user: Crayne
By Garuda.Crayne 2009-03-27 09:15:54  
Houshisama said:
I agree. DOOMTRAIN MOTHAFUCKAS

Teiei said:
I am Seiryu, Divine Guardian of the Auto Industry! I shall derail Doomtrain, to end the power of the railroads!!

'Nuff said.

On another note, stop speculating, we probably aren't seeing new avatars til June/July at the earliest.
 Asura.Hatheron
user: Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-03-27 09:23:19  
Icon said:
Hatheron said:

I'd say maybe:

Diabolos wasn't introduced til chapter 3 of CoP ...

Ah, very true, my friend, very true. I suppose we'll just have to see. :D

Crayne said:

On another note, stop speculating, we probably aren't seeing new avatars til June/July at the earliest.

But speculating is fun! But seriously, only SE knows the truths and only they know when (and if) these things will be introduced. Until then, all we have to go on is our dreams of exciting new content.

Hopefully SE won't *** it up. XD