SE Announced "Avatarssssss" Which Top 3 Do You Predict?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » SE announced "Avatarssssss" which top 3 do you predict?
SE announced "Avatarssssss" which top 3 do you predict?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-27 15:52:58  
Bartimaeus said:
Yeah, I hated 8 so I've no idea.

<derail>

You know, at the time so did I, but I am like dying to give it another shot. If only I could find a torrent of the PC version that actually worked on XP >.<

</derail>
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-27 15:54:37  
I wasn't too mad about 8 either, but I really enjoyed the Junction system. It was more complicated than any other stat-based system I'd seen up to date, and actually had a major impact on the way battles went. I figured I'd give it another shot, maxed out every stat on everyone and finished the game >.> Pretty easy when you understand it XD
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-27 15:58:04  
Hitetsu said:
I wasn't too mad about 8 either, but I really enjoyed the Junction system. It was more complicated than any other stat-based system I'd seen up to date, and actually had a major impact on the way battles went. I figured I'd give it another shot, maxed out every stat on everyone and finished the game >.> Pretty easy when you understand it XD

I just hated the fact that you had to "draw" the avatars, and you had pretty much one chance to do it. I missed a couple along the way and was sooo pissed off...

Also wasn't crazy about the way weapons were upgraded. In retrospect (and now that I have the internet to check ***on) I think I'd enjoy it tons more
 Bahamut.Dracondria
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-03-27 16:08:17  
PIKACHU PLEASE
 Seraph.Majique
サーバ: Seraph
user: Majique
By Seraph.Majique 2009-03-27 16:10:09  
sorry forgot to quote, and i apologise for further derail
summoner is useful in pt's if u don't mind playing a gimped whm :(
at least you get to use your pets for pt buffers and occassionally get to use a BP:Rage. But yea, you will be soloing the greater majority of it. get to lvl 75 and skill up w/ besieged and sky runs.
 Ragnarok.Psyence
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-03-27 17:07:33  
1: Bahamut (they should have made him available in the first place)

2: Odin (he's always in FF games, so he deserves a spot for sure)

3: Mist Dragon (some reference to Rydia would be sweet as she's the hottest SMN/BLM ever)

From reading the posts, all I can say is: Lots of people started playing FF when VIII was released. Poor guys, they must think this series is all about teenagers with psychological problems. Why is Squall a complete idiot until the very last 1% of the story? Was it supposed to be enjoyable to read? No movie would ever succeed with a main character like that.

Lots of neat avatars in FF8, but I'd rather not be recalled how horribly unfinished, barely beta tested, with parts so bad they make you wanna throw your PlayStation out the window, FF VIII was (bad frame rate, bad camera angles in cities, bad music in half the areas, lazy programming/memory allocation in Disc 4). Hoping someday they make another FF like VI was (no wonder Sakaguchi said it's the one he had the best time producing), cause the series shifted in a good direction with VI. Too bad it sold just 500k copies outside of Japan. (3M+ in Japan alone, go figure >.>) We just can't recognize something good until it slaps us in the face like VII did with its $30 million budget.

P.S.: I finished FF VIII a second time, just a month ago, to make sure I didn't dream how BAD and rushed more than 50% of its content is. It's still as bad. It's weird when some random people say it's the best game ever. Just how many games have they played? o.O
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-03-27 17:27:14  
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
and you had pretty much one chance to do it. I missed a couple along the way and was sooo pissed off..

Actually all those 'one time' summons you could draw from the bosses at the end of the game if you missed them.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-27 17:30:41  
Ultrarichard said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
and you had pretty much one chance to do it. I missed a couple along the way and was sooo pissed off..

Actually all those 'one time' summons you could draw from the bosses at the end of the game if you missed them.

DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!! >.<

I never knew that...I only got to the part where you had to split your party into 2 groups (something about being in a jail?). I used the same three characters the whole time, so when I got to that point the other party was so gimp it was damn near impossible... D:
 Titan.Guenhwyvar
サーバ: Titan
By Titan.Guenhwyvar 2009-03-27 17:30:51  
you know i usually hate these speculation threads, but i actually read this one.

I think one of the new avatars will definately be light based, as previously mentioned many many times prior. A couple people have mentioned it already, but i think this would work.

Asura. now if you remember back in FF2 (na release, cant remember the "new" number for it lol) asura and leviathan were the rulers of all summoned monsters. Asura was in fact the only summon that was pure healing, used to save your *** in a pinch too. Definately would consider this as light based. Now there are avatars now that can regen, buff up, etc. but none of them at this time have the ability to actually cure you. Phoenix would in fact fall under this catagory too, but imo its highly unlikely since its already part of the CoP storyline. CoP has been finished for a long time now and i dont think they would go back into the story to tweak it out at this point. It will most likely be off the list of current server names. all of the others so far have been.

what about Cait sith? thats also a server name, was a prominent char in ffvii, as well as an avatar in past titles. it is also very closely tied in to the WotG content that they are actively updating, which we have no idea at all where the story is going on it... yet. Since so far its a benevolent char, with powers unknown, we could also assume that this as an avatar could be light based as well.

I highly doubt they will add any avatars from FFXII, cause every one of them sucked *** but zodiark.. and that all may as well be from a different planet... the only reference to FFXII theyve made here so far has been the Cuchulain's equipment

God knows SE is trying all it can to keep its loyal fanboys at bay, and what better way to improve the allure than dropping in an avatar from its biggest FF title to date? ffvii. i think if you look at it from a business standpoint it all makes a little more sense. why else would they be locking servers and charging 10 bucks for an "add-on". I dont think they will provide a new idea, i think they know where their market is, and then theyre gonna ride that pony til it pukes up blood and dies lol.

but its all speculation here. personally ill be glad to see a few more pleased whm playing the job again, and ill be pleasantly surprised with whatever they give us thats new.

when i think about how this game was when it first started its come along in leaps and bounds. its pretty much an entirely different game now and its all going for the better. I get the impression that SE actually cares about player gameplay now and is constantly trying things that will help it... but, they could just want our money lol.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-27 17:34:55  
Guenhwyvar said:
what about Cait sith?

God, I hated that guy...I used him once when I got him in VII and never touched him again lol

Hopefully they'd make him uber as an avatar this time around ^^
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-03-27 17:50:03  
Majiquelol said:
the minotaurs
if they have brothers, than why not have jumbo cactuar or king tonberry... or have summoners crap whales lmao
brothers could be interesting though, but they were the earth based. already have an ogre in a dirty loincloth for that XD

I can't see King Tonberry, but Jumbo Cactuar would make a nice non-elemental summon.
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
God, I hated that guy...I used him once when I got him in VII and never touched him again lol

Yeah right...
 Hades.Darkrift
サーバ: Hades
user: darkrift
By Hades.Darkrift 2009-03-27 17:59:29  
because SE likes to reskin and recolor mobs and armor I am going to say we will be seeing odin and alex.
 Titan.Guenhwyvar
By Titan.Guenhwyvar 2009-03-27 18:00:25  
well its a possibility, lately the trend SE has been going with is making something thats gay as hell and having it be useful (ex. dancer) mine is 75, i love the job itself, but dealing with those AF quests..... /puke.. /wristslit

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Guenhwyvar said:
what about Cait sith?

lol i never bothered to summon it once, i hated it as a char from FFVII.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-03-27 18:01:06  
You know cait sith is already in the game? part of the wotg missions
 Titan.Guenhwyvar
By Titan.Guenhwyvar 2009-03-27 18:01:48  
Ultrarichard said:

so was diabolos, yet we can summon him.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-03-27 18:02:59  
Guenhwyvar said:
Ultrarichard said:

so was diabolos, yet we can summon him.

yeah but he was an actual summon in the game, these are just creepy cats. but i suppose its possible
 Titan.Guenhwyvar
By Titan.Guenhwyvar 2009-03-27 18:05:20  
creepy cats that are slowly being picked off, im sure the last one standing will be the strongest.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-03-27 18:07:38  
Guenhwyvar said:
creepy cats that are slowly being picked off, im sure the last one standing will be the strongest.

love the name btw. from the dark elf trilogy? good book.
 Titan.Guenhwyvar
By Titan.Guenhwyvar 2009-03-27 18:10:44  
ty, there are actually more than that now too.
 Phoenix.Amael
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-03-27 18:11:38  
Seeing that SE would choose something that doesnt look weird floating around i would surely discard Doomtrain.

Im hoping for Phoenix (FFVII), Siren, Eden(FFVIII) or Valefor (FFXI)
And I dont see much hope for Atomos, Madeen, Ark (FFIX)
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-27 18:47:10  
God I hope Cait Sith isn't an avatar

2hr: Cat Scratch Fever.....no thanks
 Shiva.Phioness
サーバ: Shiva
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2009-03-27 19:02:09  
Doomtrain is not possible because the technology in the game doesn't match the Avatar Profile. Every FF that has had Doomtrain has had railway technology as part of the plot or cityscape. FFXI has Airships and thats pretty much it. No magitech armor, no trains, no cars, just airships.

Edens to big and lame in my opinion.

Alexander would be cool and has made appearances in FF games, but doesn't fit the profile an Avatar that is different from those already given, due to the fact that he's always been cast. as a "battle style" avatar

Perhaps a Quest to turn Odin into Raiden then be able to use him would be cool, but once again doesn't fit "different" style mentioned at fanfest.

FF 6 was the greatest FF ever made, great music and awesome selection of characters and abilities.

FF 8 was cool, had a good magic system, a hero who wasn't a whining blond pussy, and had a '*** you' attitude. A nice break from all the lame heros with depression problems. Junction and card system were cool if you were smart enough to know how to use them early in the game. If you didn't figure it out quick and learn to play the game thoroughly, you missed obtaining ***and bitched about how lame
the game is.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Jiko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-03-27 19:08:22  
Kiriyu said:
Artemicion said:
Kiriyu said:
Magus Sisters wut
o.o

I rather not be called: sugar, honey, muffin, sweetie, etc. every time I summon these >.>

I am of course referring to Shikaree X Y & Z. Kinda creepy when professional killers use that kind of sweet-talk to you.

User submitted image

=/=

User submitted image

D:

I suggest you go back to page 2 and read my post on the Sisters...

Might change your mind, seeing how the sisters were originally in 4, not 10. >.>
 Ragnarok.Psyence
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-03-27 19:22:10  
Jiko said:

Might change your mind, seeing how the sisters were originally in 4, not 10. >.>

still remember getting my *** beaten by the magus sisters when I was 12, maybe it was harder because I was young, but... nah I'm sure they were hard anyway :D so I think they're cool as a summon no matter what stupid ***they say in X, but a 3-character avatar in FF XI ? wow... I doubt they'll do it, you have to think about how it will make some PS2s explode ya know >.>

I laughed a lot (lal?) at the Bismark screenshot hehe

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Unicorn.Nitsuj
VIP
サーバ: Unicorn
user: framerate
By Unicorn.Nitsuj 2009-03-27 19:41:02  
I hope for Phoenix as a support avatar and Odin as a melee avatar.

If you've beat ToAU or even got halfway through it, you know from a game development standpoint Odin already has a smaller model, a summoning animation and an "avatar" animation set/model.

Would be odd that they took so long to give us something they already had done, though.
 Cerberus.Jiko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-03-27 20:13:45  
Psyence said:
Jiko said:

still remember getting my *** beaten by the magus sisters when I was 12, maybe it was harder because I was young, but... nah I'm sure they were hard anyway :D so I think they're cool as a summon no matter what stupid ***they say in X, but a 3-character avatar in FF XI ? wow... I doubt they'll do it, you have to think about how it will make some PS2s explode ya know >.>

I laughed a lot (lal?) at the Bismark screenshot hehe

I wasnt saying the sisters would be a summon in XI, im saying that they currently are already being portrayed in XI, thus I very highly doubt them being added as one.
 Shiva.Phioness
サーバ: Shiva
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2009-03-27 22:23:19  
@ Bartimaeus. FF VI on GBA was awesome. New dungeons with some damn difficult bosses, unlockable music mode, and a WAAYYYYYYYY better translation. A must play.

Tritoch would be cool. I would make it a magic casting Avatar only considering the spells it unlocked in FFVI.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-03-27 23:36:42  
What I think is most likely:

1. Valefor
2. Sylph
3. Phoenix

What I would like to see most:

1. SYLDRA
2. Bismarck
3. Golem

Will never happen:

1. Bahamut (SE has said so; quit dreaming)
2. Magus Sisters (They are the Shikaree Sisters)
3. Catoblepas (Not that anyone cares about Catoblepas, apparently.)

EDIT 4 FUNFAX: Garuda is a summoning first and is currently the only XI-exlusive summon.