users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » PLD Chant du Cygne Setups
PLD Chant du Cygne Setups
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Phoenix.Raistlinmaj
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Raistlinmaj 2011-10-20 09:27:18  
Are you only checking who's currently online? ShinClovers has over 50 members,some are kinda really part time players,some have gone awol recently,but the total list is that large.We have players in most every time zone,from Hong Kong to central EU to all over the US.
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-10-20 09:29:13  
Get a better shell.
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-10-20 09:30:17  
Carbuncle.Asymptotic said: »
Carbuncle.Wulfshadow said: »
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Carbuncle.Wulfshadow said: »
Also, not that it's any excuse for you to be your terrible garbage self or anything, but you do realize we can all see how many people are in your linkshell yes?
15 != 50

Think you need to sign up for ffxiah and add the LS for it to actually show that you're in it.
No, they rip the information for linkshell members straight off of LSC iirc

Even then it would require people to use LSC, for which a lot of people just don't bother registering.
Just saiyan, I'm hard pressed to believe there'd be over 20 members in a decent linkshell nowadays, but then again, this isn't a decent player.
It's probably a linkshell that shouts in port jeuno for members with no standards for acceptance
 Phoenix.Raistlinmaj
By Phoenix.Raistlinmaj 2011-10-20 09:31:49  
A fool I may be, but try it out and see. Then judge me. I can be wrong,noone is perfect. I am just a humble Paladin trying to do the best job I can,and have never heard anyone critcize my play, gear choices? Maybe but if it works....
By Entourage 2011-10-20 09:32:40  
necro posting when you aren't gonna take advice anyways is pointless trolling. I'll avoid the ninja trolling (linkshell side-topic)

Phoenix.Raistlinmaj said: »
Personally, I find the Dmg. too variable by over stressing triple attack atmas inside abyssea. I found a very consistent Dmg. output for CDC with RR,Omni,and either VV or SS depending(prefer VV for the regain).

this is bad. Anything works, but it could work a hell of a lot better
 Phoenix.Raistlinmaj
By Phoenix.Raistlinmaj 2011-10-20 09:37:35  
So... you are judging my skill based on my gear? ROFL, no it's not because of my play,it's because I joined the game knowing noone,later than many who are still playing, missed out on a lot of endgame activities at 75 because there simply weren't any spots to jump in on.
Groups being very exclusive to people they already know and such.
That's kinda how it was on Titan.
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-10-20 09:38:29  
Judging by your last post, I'm just going to go ahead and call this one a lost cause, we don't want to "compromise his playstyle" now do we?

Good luck swinging away in dem bushinomimis while waltzing on your war.
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-10-20 09:39:56  
So... you are judging my skill based on my gear? ROFL, no it's not because of my play,it's because I joined the game knowing noone,later than many who are still playing, missed out on a lot of endgame activities at 75 because there simply weren't any spots to jump in on.
Groups being very exclusive to people they already know and such.
That's kinda how it was on Titan.
I already can measure your skill based on your being WAR/DNC, it takes effort to move all the way down the list, past samurai, and selecting dancer.

Suck less
[+]
 Phoenix.Raistlinmaj
By Phoenix.Raistlinmaj 2011-10-20 09:40:08  
Oh, beleive me I DO desire a zelus tiara, then would only need blitz ring to cap haste,but like I said many want it, and it's a points based LS so everything is up for bid. Do I spend tons of points on the tiara or save it for bidding next opening for Almace,Ochain?
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-10-20 09:41:30  
You can duo Pantokrator without many problems now-a-days. Go grab a friend and lowman it. Keep your points high.

If you're in a point based shell it's essential that you do things lowman with a few friends otherwise you'll never get anything done.
 Phoenix.Raistlinmaj
By Phoenix.Raistlinmaj 2011-10-20 09:41:39  
Haha, thats my solo skillup setup. so i can survive 10 mandies at same time while retaliating all over the place.
I haven't had 95 war for very long so need recap everything.
Also not requiring the help of a healer.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-20 09:41:57  
Actually you just grab a WHM, a THF, and a MNK and go spend an hour in Uleguerand and get them for yourselves, no LS point system required.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-20 09:43:52  
i can survive 10 mandies at same time while retaliating all over the place.

Sound like anyone we know?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [38 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Gimpness
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Gimpness
By Bahamut.Gimpness 2011-11-26 21:43:45  

What i'll be using as soon as i finish things x.x close to done with ochain, and almace just needs nm trials >.>;;

I know heca legs +1 would be better than tumbler, but they don't wanna drop for me.

but uhh... would the 10 att on perle hands beat out heca hands with 3% crit rate, i've been through like 80 tatters or something really stupid and just can't seem to get the 4%. And even if i do get the 4%, would that still be good for outside abyssea?

Then for outside use anguinus over cuch, and would zahak's be better than twilight for the crit rate, or still use twilight?

And for earrings, I assume centaurus beats a 3 dex earring, but does it beat 4?

Then using that for tp until I can get ninurta's, then would flip blitz to mars' and probly use a different ammo, since it won't be taking off a hit to 100 tp.

But, if you need another hit to get 100 tp, would goading/blitz/haganeia beat ninurta's/mars'/somethingelse? Or am I high.

edit: wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee necro....
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-11-26 21:46:14  
PLD can't use Hagneia Stone.
 Bahamut.Gimpness
By Bahamut.Gimpness 2011-11-26 21:48:02  
no, no it can't... white tathlum then... >_>

fixed :33
 Carbuncle.Blazer
user: blazey
By Carbuncle.Blazer 2011-11-26 21:57:19  
Bahamut.Gimpness said: »
no, no it can't... white tathlum then... >_>

fixed :33
Why white tathlum over Oneiros Pebble for tp?
 Bahamut.Gimpness
By Bahamut.Gimpness 2011-11-26 21:58:27  
takes off a hit from lolpldxhit, no? from 16 to 15

nevermiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind D: i'm stupid... only worked with hagneia... takes it down to 15.01 hits... >.>

oneiros pebble it is :X
 Carbuncle.Blazer
By Carbuncle.Blazer 2011-11-26 22:02:50  

^ what i use.

yeah your build is a 15 hit, but tbh you should be swaping equip so much during the fight (especially swaping your white tathlum) that the +2 stp from the tathlum wont factor in.
 Bahamut.Gimpness
By Bahamut.Gimpness 2011-11-26 22:06:39  
yea... I guess i could use vbelt/mars' then, also :X HMMMMMMMMMMM makes me feel gimp with no ninurta's though.

Does creed collar actually reduce enough enmity loss to make it worth using?
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-11-26 22:08:28  
More like, when tanking with Ochain, you should be getting enough TP from blocks that a hit build would be irrelevant.
 Carbuncle.Blazer
By Carbuncle.Blazer 2011-11-26 22:31:48  
yea... I guess i could use vbelt/mars' then, also :X HMMMMMMMMMMM makes me feel gimp with no ninurta's though.

I dont know of any tests where it's actually shown how much its reduced, but every little bit helps imho. fort torque is def not a bad way to go about it though, just one of those things where its more about what you perfer/if you think you need the extra sword skill.
 Bahamut.Gimpness
By Bahamut.Gimpness 2011-11-27 00:06:47  
I'll look into it, post back if i find anything...

would test it myself, but have no idea how to go about doing it.
 Odin.Zelphes
サーバ: Odin
user: Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2011-11-27 05:55:09  
but uhh... would the 10 att on perle hands beat out heca hands with 3% crit rate, i've been through like 80 tatters or something really stupid and just can't seem to get the 4%. And even if i do get the 4%, would that still be good for outside abyssea?
Perle Moufles are decent if you are done trying to augment Hecatomb Mittens, however you could try augment for Crit dmg/rate and Sword skill. Those are definitely solid. If you get Crit rate+4, I'd stick with that for sure.

Then for outside use anguinus over cuch, and would zahak's be better than twilight for the crit rate, or still use twilight?
First off, I'd use Cuchulain's Belt for outside aswell (Anguinus Belt only for situations you have ACC issues). I would personally stick with Twilight Mail because:

- it saves inventory
- grants a good ACC boost
- 5 STR/DEX vs 3 Crit rate%. A toss-up. The difference is negligible at best, but Twilight Mail offer more per-slot on high-end mobs.

And for earrings, I assume centaurus beats a 3 dex earring, but does it beat 4?
Centaurus Earring is a good overall CDC piece. If you wanna get more specific, you can make an ATK up/ATK down WS sets.

DEX+3-4 earring when ATK up, Centaurus Earring when ATK down. You would usually need Berserk up, some form of ATK buff (Minuets/Chaos rolls/Stalwarts) RCB food to reach that lvl of attack where DEX earrings starts to overtake Centaurus Earring (attack capped situations) on high-end mobs.

Quite honestly, I'd rather opt for pure ATK mindset instead of mixing too much. If you making a DD TP set stick an ATK/ACC relevant piece in there. Creed Collar when you need the refresh.

Also, Hecatomb Leggings/+1 with STR/ATK augments would undoubtly beat Lithe Boots for outside builds.
 Bahamut.Gimpness
By Bahamut.Gimpness 2011-11-27 06:12:28  
Well, at the moment i've got 3% crit rate 4 sword skill and 2 dex. which isn't bad by any means, but I ran outta tatters so I'll have to wait till i get more to get 4% with sword skill x.x

Can always pick up an nfeet abj. after I finish augmenting heca hands and legs (if i can ever get legs to drop...) but i'd rather just use the feet abj. for tatters at the moment, especially since it seems like such a small upgrade.

Otherwise, sounds good :3 thanks for the replies~
 Odin.Zelphes
サーバ: Odin
user: Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2011-11-27 06:23:29  
Those augments on Hecatomb Mittens are pretty decent, I'd stick with those over Perle Moufles. Just to add this; basically by trading 2 DEX for a Hachiryu pants in your feet slot is not a small upgrade (assuming good augments) by any means. Don't neglect STR ;)
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-11-27 06:39:10  
Those are actually hella good augments on heca hands. <,<

Dex on those would have to come outta the random stat pool, which make it damn rare.

I've checked two different dmg calculators, and in both those hands actually beat 4% crit dmg/4skill both in and out of abyssea.

Which kinda weirds me out. 1% crit dmg vs 2 dex, and the crit dmg is losing?

So, I'd keep those hands. Unless you get a 4skill/4crit Dmg with some atk or dex on it. <,<
 Bahamut.Gimpness
By Bahamut.Gimpness 2011-11-27 06:49:40  
hmmm... that's weird O.o I didn't bother to even check, assumed 1 crit damage would beat 2 dex... okay then.
 Carbuncle.Nobusagi
user: Nobusagi
By Carbuncle.Nobusagi 2011-12-12 03:44:02  

Hands aug: crit dmg +4% and sword skill +4
Legs aug: crit rate +4%

anything better out there im missing?
 Sylph.Biginallways
サーバ: Sylph
user: Biggie87