A Question For The Religious.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » A question for the religious.
A question for the religious.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-14 01:00:38  
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
I do have a question though for you die hard religious people.
This is more of a vent for me too so I apologize.

Say everything in your life goes wrong, how can you still have such faith in religion? How do you feel when prayers go un-answered and things just get worse.

For example, having to deal with this huge list of things is overwhelming.

So I mean how can people stay so damned positive and religious? I'm sure people have gone through worse then what I have and are able to keep some kind of faith. Sorry about the QQ story but this is a serious question for me.
I'm not religious or anything.I actually don't believe in anything of it.But religion is hope and hope can do everything.Hoping makes you stronger and more positive.Most of the time ppl will think that their religion cured some1 or help them pass an exam.In reality, it's their hope that did all the job.For exemple: Some1 praying/hoping that he will pass his exam will also study alot, in the end the study will make him pass.And the study come from his hope :).

Someone that gives up and loose hope have everything to loose in comparaison of someone that fights.

I hope I was clear x.x

Hope is about as useful as what you do with it, if all you do is hope then it's pointless. I fail to see why people need the crutch as religion to maintain hope.
It's mainly commercial, religion as been making money off something that is inside all of us.They just making it more open or popular.Dont really know how to say it.They make a ***ton of money off it ;p look the vatican ;p entire floors in gold.If only they would sell it all and give it to those poor africans ;p

I'm sorry I don't rely on such a fickle thing as hope, I prefer to make my own destiny.
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-03-14 01:08:33  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:

Say everything in your life goes wrong, how can you still have such faith in religion? How do you feel when prayers go un-answered and things just get worse.

So I mean how can people stay so damned positive and religious? I'm sure people have gone through worse then what I have and are able to keep some kind of faith. Sorry about the QQ story but this is a serious question for me.
I'm not religious or anything.I actually don't believe in anything of it.But religion is hope and hope can do everything.Hoping makes you stronger and more positive.Most of the time ppl will think that their religion cured some1 or help them pass an exam.In reality, it's their hope that did all the job.For exemple: Some1 praying/hoping that he will pass his exam will also study alot, in the end the study will make him pass.And the study come from his hope :).

Someone that gives up and loose hope have everything to loose in comparaison of someone that fights.

I hope I was clear x.x

Hope is about as useful as what you do with it, if all you do is hope then it's pointless. I fail to see why people need the crutch as religion to maintain hope.
It's mainly commercial, religion as been making money off something that is inside all of us.They just making it more open or popular.Dont really know how to say it.They make a ***ton of money off it ;p look the vatican ;p entire floors in gold.If only they would sell it all and give it to those poor africans ;p

I'm sorry I don't rely on such a fickle thing as hope, I prefer to make my own destiny.
personally i feel... that god only gives you what you can handle... but life is about choices, you make your own choices in how to deal with a situation... sometimes matters are out of your control... but its not god that puts those things into play, its humanity
 Cerberus.Vaness
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-03-14 01:11:39  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:

I hope I was clear x.x

Same here, anyway no1 could make me believe that out of no where 2 humans has been put on the planet and maked babies.Like seriously sisters and brothers and uncle maked babies together?! Isnt that aggainst the bible rules?! gonna stfu...
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-14 01:13:17  
Phoenix.Degs said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:

I hope I was clear x.x

personally i feel... that god only gives you what you can handle... but life is about choices, you make your own choices in how to deal with a situation... sometimes matters are out of your control... but its not god that puts those things into play, its humanity
and personally I feel that anyone that truly believes there is a god without evidence is a fool.

Take your bat ***crazy religion out of here.

[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-14 01:13:35  
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:

I hope I was clear x.x

Same here, anyway no1 could make me believe that out of no where 2 humans has been put on the planet and maked babies.Like seriously sisters and brothers and uncle maked babies together?! Isnt that aggain the bible rules?! gonna stfu...

lol, oh yeah, you went there...

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-03-14 01:20:35  
I let myself go, plz forgive me ;x
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-14 01:21:57  
Cerberus.Vaness said:

It's fine, you just said what everyone else was thinking for years.
edit: well those that can think
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-03-14 01:24:43  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:

I think you made the religious guy run away ;;;;;; I'm bored and wanted some action while giving myself a headache with spellcast.God FF I miss you already QQ

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-14 01:26:16  
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:

I think you made the religious guy run away ;;;;;; I'm bored and wanted some action while giving myself a headache with spellcast.God FF I miss you already QQ

If only I had that power, if only...
/dreams

I'm missing XI right now too, but only because it lets me kill time.

I'll just have to play some other stuff in my down time.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-03-14 01:30:39  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:

I was saying wtf out of missing the connection not wtf as in shocked and appalled lol
lol well, my main isnt english so I guess it was hard to understand, I dunno ; ;
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-03-14 01:31:53  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:

If only I had that power, if only...
/dreams

I'm missing XI right now too, but only because it lets me kill time.

I'll just have to play some other stuff in my down time.
Yeah, I miss FFXI as a time killer.Was having fun skilling staff in abyssea pts, you don't know how much I miss it. lol
 Bismarck.Ariyon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ariyon
By Bismarck.Ariyon 2011-03-14 20:42:26  
I guess my question to the people that don't believe would be... what do you have to lose by believing? If you believe in God and it turns out that it was for nothing, then so what? You've lived your life and that's all there is to it. But if you don't believe and it turns out there is a God, then it's a little too late to change your stance on the matter. By the time any of us figures out which it is, we'll probably all be dead anyways...

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-03-15 08:03:31  
Sylph.Dobrusi said:
“...He sends rain on the just and the unjust alike”
(Matthew 5:45, NLT)

We all have opportunities to get upset and live stressed out. The storms of life come to every person. No matter how good a person you are, you’re going to have some “rain” in your life. When these storms come, a lot people use their faith to try to control their circumstances. But I’ve found it’s better to use my faith to control myself in the midst of my circumstances. I know that if I can just remain stable in the storms of life and stay in peace, that’s what allows God to act on my behalf.

God never said that we wouldn’t have difficulties, but He did promise we could have peace in the midst of the storms. When you face adversities, one of the most powerful things you can do is simply stay calm. When you are at peace, you are displaying your faith in God. By your actions you’re saying, “God, I know You’re still on the throne. I know You’re bigger than this problem.” So keep peace in the midst of your storms today. Trust that He is working behind the scenes. Keep your heart open to Him because soon He will deliver you!
And Exodus 21:7 Says: "And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do."

What's your point?
By Wombat 2011-03-15 08:10:06  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Sylph.Dobrusi said:

We all have opportunities to get upset and live stressed out. The storms of life come to every person. No matter how good a person you are, you’re going to have some “rain” in your life. When these storms come, a lot people use their faith to try to control their circumstances. But I’ve found it’s better to use my faith to control myself in the midst of my circumstances. I know that if I can just remain stable in the storms of life and stay in peace, that’s what allows God to act on my behalf.

God never said that we wouldn’t have difficulties, but He did promise we could have peace in the midst of the storms. When you face adversities, one of the most powerful things you can do is simply stay calm. When you are at peace, you are displaying your faith in God. By your actions you’re saying, “God, I know You’re still on the throne. I know You’re bigger than this problem.” So keep peace in the midst of your storms today. Trust that He is working behind the scenes. Keep your heart open to Him because soon He will deliver you!
And Exodus 21:7 Says: "And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do."

What's your point?
You see the new Big Momma's House movie?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-03-15 08:12:14  
Wombat said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Sylph.Dobrusi said:

What's your point?
Nah.
By Wombat 2011-03-15 08:13:34  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Wombat said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Sylph.Dobrusi said:

What's your point?
Nah.
Dang, it looks awesome.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-03-15 08:20:03  
Sylph.Dobrusi said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Sylph.Dobrusi said:

What's your point?

The point is even in adversity, you can find strength and peace in God.
god also says it's ok to sell you daughter into slavery. I guess that's good if you're shopping around for a slave girl though.
 Ifrit.Daemun
サーバ: Ifrit
user: daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2011-03-15 08:26:28  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Sylph.Dobrusi said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Sylph.Dobrusi said:

What's your point?

The point is even in adversity, you can find strength and peace in God.
god also says it's ok to sell you daughter into slavery. I guess that's good if you're shopping around for a slave girl though.
You people sure are hung up on Old Testament stuff. The things of the first covenant are null and void now due to the new covenant (Jesus). No one has to do these crazy things because of sin anymore, they are just part of the Bible as a learning experience to the consequences of people's actions in the past.
 Siren.Cherub
サーバ: Siren
user: Cherub
By Siren.Cherub 2011-03-15 08:27:05  
People like Dobrusi don't realize the Bible is not a reliable history text. It's an ever-changing document that has been rewritten by scribes and "politicians" who rewrite, rearrange the bible to suite their political aims during ancient times.

It's interesting to see how many people place so much importance in the Bible while ignoring HOW it was written.

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2011-03-15 08:30:08  
Here it is , plain and simple . Treat others in the same way you want to be treated.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-03-15 08:32:11  
god is the ultimate troll:

Ifrit.Daemun said:
You people sure are hung up on Old Testament stuff. The things of the first covenant are null and void now due to the new covenant (Jesus). No one has to do these crazy things because of sin anymore, they are just part of the Bible as a learning experience to the consequences of people's actions in the past.
You just null and voided Judaism.
 Lakshmi.Seoha
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Mameshiba
By Lakshmi.Seoha 2011-03-15 08:33:33  
Wombat said:
Most religions deal with this stuff by giving perspective to the situation. Suffering in this life is temporary. Pleasure in this life is temporary. Faith, which ties into the eternal, trumps things which are bound to this life. Saying that terminal cancer is a necessarily "bad" thing is a matter of perspective. A religious person might say, "Look at all the time you've been given so far," or "In passing, you will be going to a better place." Which actually frames these things in a positive way. Suffering is an inevitability, and anyone who takes up a religion with the idea that that will change, either misunderstands or has been mislead.
That's a very solid, clear, and realistic answer.

I think Wombat's post pretty much mirrors the perspective of everyone who have faith.
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2011-03-15 08:34:57  
It is bro. Google BIGSTTNJFF or just use my name.
By Wombat 2011-03-15 08:35:02  
Siren.Cherub said:
People like Dobrusi don't realize the Bible is not a reliable history text. It's an ever-changing document that has been rewritten by scribes and "politicians" who rewrite, rearrange the bible to fix errors like the redundancy preceding this clause.

It's interesting to see how many people place so much importance in the Bible while ignoring HOW it was written.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7