A Question For The Religious.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » A question for the religious.
A question for the religious.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By Enygma3 2011-03-04 08:33:03  
http://www.atheistonline.net

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-03-04 08:56:05  
Diabolos.Megatron said:
religion isnt for the young, its for the old. your asking advice and guidance form a place were its just a bunch of teenagers and college kids who have no idea about how anything is outside their little world. they think becasue they are educated they know everything. becasue they went to college it taught them everything the world has to offer. or jsut becasue they have a few years of final fantasy experiance and they have the ability to hide behind behind their internt persona's they are onminatent self worshiping greater then tho attitudes.

i dont care who you are when a loved one is dieing in your hands. you learn to pray real fast. religion isnt for everyone and it was never inteded to be so. its a choice. like anything else. you are drawn to it or replused by it. if your truely haveing a delima about your spiruality. seek guidance by trained professional. not a bunch of shut-in, video game junkies, basement babies.

if you need real guidence please seek it from people who are really trained to help you get thro this time in your life. not a over wieght guy sitting in is jammies eating chips for the 4th day in a row cause he has nothing else to do.

Is this for real?
Must suck to be such a callous ignoramus.
I'm going to try to ignore the dozens of spelling errors (replused? truely? haveing? delima? guidence? wieght? spiruality?) and focus on your "content" ...

Religion doesn't discriminate based on age. Whether or not you have experienced life trauma or you're happy as a clam ... you could be religious or not be religious. Whether you're a child seeking first communion, or a grey-haired octogenarian on your death-bed, you could be religious or not religious.

I can not speak for everyone here; your stereotyping might fit some of the posters here, I don't know. But I didn't "just graduate" from college, and I sure as sh*t am not a teenager. You're not worthy of knowing my list of "life experiences", but let's just say I've seen sh*t your nightmares don't even touch.

Yes, there are some social outcasts here in these forums, but not everyone fits that bill. I applaud the OP for seeking guidance. Could he have chosen another place to seek help? Sure! But does that make this a "bad" place to seek help? Hell no.

Seems to me everyone here in this thread as doing a decent job of providing advice ... until you interjected, you weak fool, you!
 Ifrit.Durai
サーバ: Ifrit
user: olan
By Ifrit.Durai 2011-03-04 09:16:24  
I think it's a common misconception that God is the orchestrator of every event- good or bad. If you are to pray, pray for the strength the deal with all of that ***.

The things that make me lose faith are the actions of the church or the terrible things done in God's name. I die a little inside every time I drive by this billboard.

[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-04 09:21:50  
you'd think when you tell these Christian guys "No, I don't want to go to your church" that they would leave you alone. No sir, they heckle you for being a sinner/non-believer/dykeonabyke/homo/etc, and follow you around yelling to everyone that you're these things.

But we all know its Christian to force your false beliefs onto others.
[+]
 Ifrit.Durai
By Ifrit.Durai 2011-03-04 09:31:59  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
you'd think when you tell these Christian guys "No, I don't want to go to your church" that they would leave you alone. No sir, they heckle you for being a sinner/non-believer/dykeonabyke/homo/etc, and follow you around yelling to everyone that you're these things.

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water! The people that do those things you mentioned are not doing the right thing by God at all. Half of the damn bible talks about how terrible people like that are.

I'm not commenting to try and convince everyone of how great Christians are- the current stigma is quite deserved. I'm just saying that I agree that those people suck and that they attack and annoy me too.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-04 09:36:40  
Ifrit.Durai said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water! The people that do those things you mentioned are not doing the right thing by God at all. Half of the damn bible talks about how terrible people like that are.

I'm not commenting to try and convince everyone of how great Christians are- the current stigma is quite deserved. I'm just saying that I agree that those people suck and that they attack and annoy me too.
I usually dont mind having a conversation with these people but in the end everything I say they turn it around to make it look like Im the bad person.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-04 09:40:09  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Ifrit.Durai said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

I usually dont mind having a conversation with these people but in the end everything I say they turn it around to make it look like Im the bad person.

It Kinda scares me those king of people would probably burn a wiccan at the stake lol.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-04 09:41:24  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Ifrit.Durai said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

It Kinda scares me those king of people would probably burn a wiccan at the stake lol.
they dont scare me. If they start to talk about their bible ***, I just ask them to explain to me how we have fossils.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-03-04 09:42:18  
I thought the devil uses a pitchfork, not a scythe.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-04 09:43:22  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
the Grim Reaper uses a scythe, the devil uses his *** cz he's badass like that.
 Ifrit.Durai
By Ifrit.Durai 2011-03-04 09:44:41  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Ifrit.Durai said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

I know exactly what you're talking about. I have to deal with it weekly.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-03-04 09:47:02  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Look at the picture, he's got one bent *** then, lol.
 Ifrit.Durai
By Ifrit.Durai 2011-03-04 09:47:28  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Ifrit.Durai said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

they dont scare me. If they start to talk about their bible ***, I just ask them to explain to me how we have fossils.

Did you know that some churches believe that the universe is 10,000 years old? Bible math ftl
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-04 09:47:40  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
yup, a crooked demon needs a crooked tool
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-04 09:48:45  
Ifrit.Durai said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Ifrit.Durai said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

Did you know that some churches believe that the universe is 10,000 years old? Bible math ftl
which is why they always change the subject

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-04 09:55:01  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Ifrit.Durai said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

you really need to see "The Mist"
get unnerved and/or pissed off lol
I'd of shot her well before she gets shot. Actually I probably wouldn't have shot her, I would put her out in the mist.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-03-04 09:56:44  
Ifrit.Durai said:
I think it's a common misconception that God is the orchestrator of every event- good or bad. If you are to pray, pray for the strength the deal with all of that ***.

The things that make me lose faith are the actions of the church or the terrible things done in God's name. I die a little inside every time I drive by this billboard.

No kidding. I was driving through Tennessee 2 days ago, talking with my wife about HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE it is that some Americans are so vehemently against gay marriage ... and no joke, we drove past a roadside billboard that says "God doesn't want gay people to get married" ...

I almost drove off the road due to my *headdashboard*
 Ifrit.Durai
By Ifrit.Durai 2011-03-04 10:02:01  
Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Ifrit.Durai said:

No kidding. I was driving through Tennessee 2 days ago, talking with my wife about HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE it is that some Americans are so vehemently against gay marriage ... and no joke, we drove past a roadside billboard that says "God doesn't want gay people to get married" ...

Hahaha! Welcome to the south!

Have you driven by an anti-evolution billboard yet? Those are fun too.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-03-04 13:31:03  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
you'd think when you tell these Christian guys "No, I don't want to go to your church" that they would leave you alone. No sir, they heckle you for being a sinner/non-believer/dykeonabyke/homo/etc, and follow you around yelling to everyone that you're these things. But we all know its Christian to force your false beliefs onto others.

I use a 100 psi refillable(water)fire extinguisher kept in the coat closet by the front door. I have whole speech I bellow and everything. "I am the extinguisher! of hopes and dreams, the alpha of the omega! you are all baptised in the name of satan, there is no escape!....etc"

The best sound in the whole universe is that precious moment of their deep inhalation. It happens right between when I jerk the saftey pin out and before I begin my speech. I always wait for it, that gasp is priceless. That magic moment when they realize, this guy is nucking futs and they are prolly all going to die. Then the cold water hits them and they run around in circles in the front yard, it's a beautifull wonderous screaming ballet.
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2011-03-04 14:03:22  
 Unicorn.Brimstone
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Brimstone
By Unicorn.Brimstone 2011-03-07 16:52:34  
Carbuncle.Taintedone said:
It all comes down to what you as an individual think. Honestly, nobody's right. You can't prove unequivocally that God does or does not exist on either side.

This is pure crap. Somebody is right, just because they can't prove does not mean they're wrong, it simply means they cannot prove it (or at the very least convince parties of interest). You cannot prove that something does not exist (it is impossible), therefore the burden of proof lies with those whom say it to be true.

Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Say everything in your life goes wrong, how can you still have such faith in religion? How do you feel when prayers go un-answered and things just get worse.

Your question implies that evil exists in the world, which at face value is a rejection of nihilism. So now you have to decide what is the source of evil, so lets take God out of the equation for a minute - there are many philosophies out there, I'm not familiar with all of them, but I do know one thing that Christianity seems to have right even if the rest of it is a farce, evil comes from within man living in a fallen world. People who say babies are born 'good' and learn evil are not capable of finishing their thoughts, because it simply doesn't make sense if you go back far enough eventually you're going to run out of people or things to learn evil from, so the answer seems to be from within (or supernatural).

So I'm not trying to prove anything, but I think its sufficiently easy to disprove many things. So without trying to be too wordy, I think philosophies which deny evil lack perspective (all are nihilism at the core, but come in many names and faces apart from that), and those which claim its not inborn are pure crap.
 Leviathan.Donwu
user: donwu
By Leviathan.Donwu 2011-03-14 00:28:46  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
yup, a crooked demon needs a crooked tool

totally incorrect. he was getting ready to exp on drk.
 Leviathan.Donwu
user: donwu
By Leviathan.Donwu 2011-03-14 00:42:58  
@OP:
Religion is kind of easy tbh. you either care, or you don't. If someone says "fk religion blah blah" its not really my place to try and bible thump. we literally just need to handle our own business. when someone is so insecure that they need to tear someone down over their belief system, then its their pick. i mean dont get me wrong im catholic. i go to church some of the time. it isnt like i "omgwtfbbq gots ta kick it wit jeeeeebus!" every weekend, but i do believe. you wanna be a buddhist? cool. you wanna be hindu? cool. you wanna worship justin bieber's first armpit hair? die in a fkin fire. thats justin bieber you clown. just live what you feel is right and dont worry. if you dont know a common version of right and wrong then... uhh.... yeah.

@someoneinthemiddle
as far as the whole 'crutch' thing, absolutely. those batshit crazy types are totally off the deep end. you always know who they are because they pretty much put the church before eeevvveeerrryyyttthhhiiinnnggg. even their own family in some cases. all those who said its wrong in a biblical sense are totally right. im not gonna pull the 'answered prayers' or 'miracle' card, but things have happened for me when i get out of my own way and open my ears up when i do go to church, that i dont see or hear outside of it. sometimes you need a brief change in perspective to bitchslap yourself. each individual has their own perspective on it.
 Cerberus.Vaness
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-03-14 00:51:47  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
I do have a question though for you die hard religious people.
This is more of a vent for me too so I apologize.

Say everything in your life goes wrong, how can you still have such faith in religion? How do you feel when prayers go un-answered and things just get worse.

For example, having to deal with this huge list of things is overwhelming.

So I mean how can people stay so damned positive and religious? I'm sure people have gone through worse then what I have and are able to keep some kind of faith. Sorry about the QQ story but this is a serious question for me.
I'm not religious or anything.I actually don't believe in anything of it.But religion is hope and hope can do everything.Hoping makes you stronger and more positive.Most of the time ppl will think that their religion cured some1 or help them pass an exam.In reality, it's their hope that did all the job.For exemple: Some1 praying/hoping that he will pass his exam will also study alot, in the end the study will make him pass.And the study come from his hope :).

Someone that gives up and loose hope have everything to loose in comparaison of someone that fights.

Edit:I personnally thinks religion is a commercial way to give ppl more hope.But if it works, good for them.

Don't shoot me x.x

Bahamut.Jetackuu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-14 00:53:49  
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:

So I mean how can people stay so damned positive and religious? I'm sure people have gone through worse then what I have and are able to keep some kind of faith. Sorry about the QQ story but this is a serious question for me.
I'm not religious or anything.I actually don't believe in anything of it.But religion is hope and hope can do everything.Hoping makes you stronger and more positive.Most of the time ppl will think that their religion cured some1 or help them pass an exam.In reality, it's their hope that did all the job.For exemple: Some1 praying/hoping that he will pass his exam will also study alot, in the end the study will make him pass.And the study come from his hope :).

Someone that gives up and loose hope have everything to loose in comparaison of someone that fights.

I hope I was clear x.x

Hope is about as useful as what you do with it, if all you do is hope then it's pointless. I fail to see why people need the crutch as religion to maintain hope.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-03-14 00:56:14  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:

I hope I was clear x.x

Hope is about as useful as what you do with it, if all you do is hope then it's pointless. I fail to see why people need the crutch as religion to maintain hope.
It's mainly commercial, religion as been making money off something that is inside all of us.They just making it more open or popular.Dont really know how to say it.They make a ***ton of money off it ;p look the vatican ;p entire floors in gold.If only they would sell it all and give it to those poor africans ;p
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2011-03-14 00:56:43  
Ifrit.Durai said:
Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Ifrit.Durai said:

Hahaha! Welcome to the south!

Have you driven by an anti-evolution billboard yet? Those are fun too.

That must be the dirty south...

Bible belt anyone???
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-03-14 00:57:28  
Also religions used to have alot of power, like a government.And in some country, it still does.Was easy to control ppl that wasnt educated and still is.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7