Advice For A New White Mage =)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Advice for a new White Mage =)
Advice for a new White Mage =)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-26 16:41:59  
The spell is up again right after its insta casted, unless you mean the marginal .1234234234 second between ability to cast again.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
サーバ: Cerberus
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2011-01-26 16:42:27  
From Dictionary.com:

use·less
[yoos-lis]
–adjective
1. of no use; not serving the purpose or any purpose; unavailing or futile: It is useless to reason with him.
2. without useful qualities; of no practical good: a useless person; a useless gadget.

I don't think this applies to Atma of Allure.
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-01-26 16:44:50  
Valefor.Houppelande said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
If anyone on Ramuh wants to buy Cure Clogs send me a pm :)
You should try the bazaar function in this website, it's very useful.

Oh thanks lol forgot about that xD
 Valefor.Houppelande
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Houppelande 2011-01-26 16:45:50  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
If you die, and duoing, your tank is most likely next. Getting up, you sometimes don't have enough time to reraise and it can get dangerous. I already stated why auto-reraise is amazing.

Leviathan.Draylo said:
I have a whm who spams cure5 and 6 on me and never runs out of MP and he NEVER takes hate. We duo almost everything.

Wait, are you saying your duoing WHM buddy sometimes dies when you guys are fighthing NMs? But didn't you say he "NEVER takes hate"?

[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-26 16:46:17  
Cerberus.Sephrin said:
From Dictionary.com:

use·less
[yoos-lis]
–adjective
1. of no use; not serving the purpose or any purpose; unavailing or futile: It is useless to reason with him.
2. without useful qualities; of no practical good: a useless person; a useless gadget.

I don't think this applies to Atma of Allure.

Please find where I specifically stated that ATMA OF ALLURE is useless. Of course it has beneficial traits for the job and many other jobs, overall usage as an atma slot is wasted however.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-26 16:47:51  
Valefor.Houppelande said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
If you die, and duoing, your tank is most likely next. Getting up, you sometimes don't have enough time to reraise and it can get dangerous. I already stated why auto-reraise is amazing.

Leviathan.Draylo said:
I have a whm who spams cure5 and 6 on me and never runs out of MP and he NEVER takes hate. We duo almost everything.

Wait, are you saying your duoing WHM buddy sometimes dies when you guys are fighthing NMs? But didn't you say he "NEVER takes hate"?

Nit-picking much? Yes ***happens, if a aoe hits the WHm when they are running in for barfira or auspice or esuna or what have you, and they die or, like stated previously, a hate reset move.

Cerberus.Sephrin
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2011-01-26 16:52:01  
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Allure =

1. 30% MP = Beneficial to WHM

Completely useless.

2. -30 Enmity = Beneficial to WHM

and back to this

3. MND +30 = Beneficial to WHM

Useless for most part.

I think you stated here that it was useless, unless you mean it's 2/3 useless?
[+]
 Valefor.Houppelande
By Valefor.Houppelande 2011-01-26 16:52:46  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Please find where I specifically stated that ATMA OF ALLURE is useless.

Leviathan.Draylo said:

Allure =

1. 30% MP = Beneficial to WHM

Completely useless.

2. -30 Enmity = Beneficial to WHM

and back to this

3. MND +30 = Beneficial to WHM

Useless for most part.

Could you make up your mind please. Is it useless or not?

[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-26 16:54:51  
Think you just fishing around for retardedness. You are getting into semantics. Yes I said those specific stats are useless for standard WHM, the atma itself I never said was useless :)
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-26 16:55:12  
aight im done here i dont want to fight and bicker but i can see both having their places.. people are kind of acting like this is a simple argument that FFXI maths can solve for 1 absolute answer as in many DD arguments etc but that is just unfortunately not the case.. not even a blue gartr thread could end this debate.

P.S. I have found that players who are using AoA now play very reckless.. not saying they aren't allowed to or shouldn't because ***they just pick themselves back up just saying it's something I've noticed

P.P.S. I personally don't find the MP from Allure to be useless if anything it prolongs the event and sometimes takes away the event of me having to look through all my temp items for my mp ones to pop one off and the time to "use" said item inb4macrofortempitem or some ***

I look forward to giving AoA a try in the future in place of Allure so I can make up my own mind though.
[+]
 Valefor.Houppelande
By Valefor.Houppelande 2011-01-26 16:55:41  
Draylo - obviously you have a very strong opinion about this (and that's fine) but believe me you're not gonna change my mind, and I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna change yours.

GL to you
 Cerberus.Sephrin
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2011-01-26 16:57:54  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Think you just fishing around for retardedness. You are getting into semantics. Yes I said those specific stats are useless for standard WHM, the atma itself I never said was useless :)

Not looking for semantics you are just contradicting yourself is all. I was confused.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-26 16:58:18  
There is no math needed, you are not gaining much from Allure over AoA.
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2011-01-26 16:59:22  
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
all these WHMs starting to get violent ; ; people play their role differently there is not always one way or one best way to play

LOL all of this discussion on being the uber-WHM reminded me of this...

http://www.gametube.jp/html/MmI5MzhmNWEy.html

...sorry, it's old and JP but it's classic. :p That's how I'd play WHM. :p
 Ragnarok.Xellana
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Xellana
By Ragnarok.Xellana 2011-01-26 17:25:30  
I still don't have Atma of Allure. I suppose it would be nice though. I usually have Minikin Monstrosity, Apocalypse & Perfect Attendance on for Regain (since I help with procs) and a little more Refresh. I switch in Merciless for Apoc or Perfect Attendance when fighting certain NMs where MAcc makes a huge difference (ie. Doom spamming NMs).

This is my cure set here;

Noble's/Aristocrat's is expensive but as mentioned before the new Fulcio's can be amazing with the right stats. I lucked out with my Aristocrat's and farmed the mats and had someone make it for me.

This set only has -7 Enmity though. I do pull hate sometimes and even with more Enmity - it won't always matter. Exspecially in Abyssea since a large majority of the NMs there have hate reset moves. Let's face it. You're going to pull hate once in a while, so just prepare for that and all's good.

I'd love to get some more Enmity - equips, like Marduk's Crackows & Novia, but I haven't had many issues with this set up.

As for everyone playing their jobs differently... well yes and no. You're a WHM... you cure/buff people. It's not like a SCH or RDM where you have more options on what the job does. Gearwise yeah, there's a lot of different ways to gear WHM. This is my way.. another WHM in my LS has a different set up then this and works perfectly fine. Just find your own way of gearing, but realize there's certain things that will be the same no mater your 'playing style'.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-01-26 17:29:20  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
I'm not much of a fan of Allure either but I don't really get your hard on for AoA either. The only mob off the top of my head I might want the auto reraise on is when duoing tunga, other than that you just shouldn't really need it that much. And quickcast is too unreliable to actually be good. Insta-casting bar spells ftw. As for triple attack, I'd rather use a regain atma so I can actually get tp on stuff I wouldn't be able to hit with too.
[+]
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-01-26 17:33:14  
Ragnarok.Xellana said:
As for everyone playing their jobs differently... well yes and no. You're a WHM... you cure/buff people. It's not like a SCH or RDM where you have more options on what the job does. Gearwise yeah, there's a lot of different ways to gear WHM. This is my way.. another WHM in my LS has a different set up then this and works perfectly fine. Just find your own way of gearing, but realize there's certain things that will be the same no mater your 'playing style'.
I dunno, inside Abyssea you actually have a bit of freedom. Hexa's pretty mean with RR on if you wanna do that. I've seen screenshots of a guy doing a 10k banish III on qutrubs if you're into that. And I personally like to help out on red/blue proccing with regain atmas which I seem to see a split on whether whm should be doing that at all, lol. And of course the different subs, /sch if you're doing pure healing, /blm if you need to stun, /lolwar for additional red procs, etc...
[+]
By Sekaran 2011-01-26 17:37:08  
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Sekaran said:
I AoA/Minikin/Allure as WHM. I have Herald's for movement and hardly run out of MP when I sub RDM. I'm a fairly new WHM so a lot of the information in this thread has been pretty useful. Formerly a lifelong RDM who grew tired of how inadequate it is as a healer in Abyssea.
I hate you. j/k but srsly wtf ; ; I know you got them from some other job just sucks reading that. I am addicted to movement I wish I had more, I got 8% from my ASA pants but 12% would be 4% more cooler ; ; I am jelly

I'm a movement speed *** too.. have it for all my real jobs (DNC/MNK/BLM/WHM) besides RDM (another reason I don't use it anymore..!)

On my server, Tiamat isn't camped anymore (wasn't as of 2-4 weeks ago) and we went 3/3 on gaiters for other people.. lol
 Ragnarok.Xellana
By Ragnarok.Xellana 2011-01-26 17:39:35  
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Ragnarok.Xellana said:
I dunno, inside Abyssea you actually have a bit of freedom. Hexa's pretty mean with RR on if you wanna do that. I've seen screenshots of a guy doing a 10k banish III on qutrubs if you're into that. And I personally like to help out on red/blue proccing with regain atmas which I seem to see a split on whether whm should be doing that at all, lol. And of course the different subs, /sch if you're doing pure healing, /blm if you need to stun, /lolwar for additional red procs, etc...

I help with Blue and Red procs myself, but I'm still the one curing. lol I was thinking more of a primary role in like an Alliance then, say, duoing/lowmanning. WHM has some pretty wicked soloing capabilities with certain atmas equipped, but that can be said about any job if you're willing to put the work into it. Usually I'm /sch or /brd for Threnody Procs, but now you've got me thinking about /war. I'm not sure how /war would work though as I can't think of any bladed weapons off the top of my head that a whm can equip.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-26 17:40:32  
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
I'm not much of a fan of Allure either but I don't really get your hard on for AoA either. The only mob off the top of my head I might want the auto reraise on is when duoing tunga, other than that you just shouldn't really need it that much. And quickcast is too unreliable to actually be good. Insta-casting bar spells ftw. As for triple attack, I'd rather use a regain atma so I can actually get tp on stuff I wouldn't be able to hit with too.

What else would you need to use then? You don't even need the 3rd atma for WHM, it's just the pros and cons vs Allure and AoA in this discussion. AoA beats it.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-26 17:40:50  
I never thought about it before this thread so I'll just ask, which procs is /war giving to a WHM? I ask because WHM are so limited to the variety of weapon types they can carry, so what am I not thinking of?

I have been wondering this since the first person who mentioned they go /war in this thread.
 Ragnarok.Xellana
By Ragnarok.Xellana 2011-01-26 17:42:55  
Sekaran said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Sekaran said:
I AoA/Minikin/Allure as WHM. I have Herald's for movement and hardly run out of MP when I sub RDM. I'm a fairly new WHM so a lot of the information in this thread has been pretty useful. Formerly a lifelong RDM who grew tired of how inadequate it is as a healer in Abyssea.
I hate you. j/k but srsly wtf ; ; I know you got them from some other job just sucks reading that. I am addicted to movement I wish I had more, I got 8% from my ASA pants but 12% would be 4% more cooler ; ; I am jelly
I'm a movement speed *** too.. have it for all my real jobs (DNC/MNK/BLM/WHM) besides RDM (another reason I don't use it anymore..!) On my server, Tiamat isn't camped anymore (wasn't as of 2-4 weeks ago) and we went 3/3 on gaiters for other people.. lol
Solo Kirin Do eet.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-01-26 17:45:46  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
What else would you need to use then? You don't even need the 3rd atma for WHM, it's just the pros and cons vs Allure and AoA in this discussion. AoA beats it.
I thought it was just pros and cons of 3rd atma in general since other atmas had come up in discussion. And about 80% of the time I use sea daughter for the regain.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-01-26 17:47:24  
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
I never thought about it before this thread so I'll just ask, which procs is /war giving to a WHM? I ask because WHM are so limited to the variety of weapon types they can carry, so what am I not thinking of? I have been wondering this since the first person who mentioned they go /war in this thread.
Pretty sure that first person was me too, lol. Pitchfork from halloween event gives you access to raiden thrust. Any of the event swords give you red lotus/seraph blade. I've been pondering meriting GK on thf so I can do jinpu with /nin sub too but I'd need justice torque too and I'm kinda too lazy to get one now, lol.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-26 17:48:56  
oh that's pretty cool I would have never thought about that.. + I don't own those event weapons :P

Luckily I have awesome WAR friends
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-01-26 17:50:32  
I have war levelled too but it's just tons easier to duo things with thf/whm than war/whm, lol. And it's nice for making pop items drop!
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-26 17:51:15  
Idk, just telling you from my experiences. Proc on insta-cast is really nice, especially if its something like stun. I've had my friend stun back to back tyrant tusk, wtfbbq tp move etc can be handy. He also doesn't have much of a problem tping on nearby mob while I hold NM or popping icarus wing etc. I can see the use for a regain, but I think perfect attendance would be a better choice. In which case you can do AoA, MM, Perfect attendance. AoA saves lives, true story.
 Ragnarok.Xellana
By Ragnarok.Xellana 2011-01-26 17:52:50  
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
I never thought about it before this thread so I'll just ask, which procs is /war giving to a WHM? I ask because WHM are so limited to the variety of weapon types they can carry, so what am I not thinking of? I have been wondering this since the first person who mentioned they go /war in this thread.
Pretty sure that first person was me too, lol. Pitchfork from halloween event gives you access to raiden thrust. Any of the event swords give you red lotus/seraph blade. I've been pondering meriting GK on thf so I can do jinpu with /nin sub too but I'd need justice torque too and I'm kinda too lazy to get one now, lol.
Ahhh that makes more sense. Haha... I'm totally going /war tonight with my pitchfork. See what happens.

@ Tarowyn
Sea Daughter? Really? I don't think I'd want to be ~13% slower just for higher regain. At least not if I'm main healer in the party. Do you do anything to offset that? It's like TPing in Heca....
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-01-26 17:57:12  
I guess it's nice, but like I said, quick cast is just too random for it to ever be anything more than an amusing story here and there. Maybe if it actually was consistently once in every X number of spells it'd be good but as it is, it's just as likely to mess with you as it is to help (ie pre casting cures).

The problem with perfect attendance is it's a measly 1 tick regain. Sea daughter gets you tp every minute which say if you're trying to blue proc staff or club on something, you don't want to take 25 minutes to get tp. The only thing perfect attendance regain is good for is that first ws after travelling between pop spots or something.
[+]
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-01-26 18:01:56  
Ragnarok.Xellana said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Ahhh that makes more sense. Haha... I'm totally going /war tonight with my pitchfork. See what happens. @ Tarowyn Sea Daughter? Really? I don't think I'd want to be ~13% slower just for higher regain. At least not if I'm main healer in the party. Do you do anything to offset that? It's like TPing in Heca....
Think I mentioned this earlier, but I mean what really gets affected by this. Cure V recast is slower, but there's always VI to fall back on, so unless you actually need to go V -> VI -> V in quick succession, you're pretty fine. TPing in Heca isn't quite the same comparison since that will always have an effect but there's no guarantee you'll always need to immediately cast another Cure V/VI right away, hehe. Haste recast is slightly annoying but that's less of an issue when you're duoing since the only time I really need to haste myself then is when I melee, lol.