Advice For A New White Mage =)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Advice for a new White Mage =)
Advice for a new White Mage =)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Valefor.Houppelande
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Houppelande 2011-01-26 15:57:57  
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
If anyone on Ramuh wants to buy Cure Clogs send me a pm :)

You should try the bazaar function in this website, it's very useful.
[+]
 Cerberus.Sephrin
サーバ: Cerberus
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2011-01-26 16:00:20  
As far as Atma goes for WHM, I personally use Merciless Matriarch, Minikin Monstrosity, and Allure. If I am subbing RDM it wouldn't be totally horrible to switch Minikin for Ambition. Quite frankly I never run out of MP in abyssea so losing 5MP refresh won't be crippling. The movement speed from Ambition is nice if you have no other form of movement speed on WHM.

However, I believe that using AoA is a waste on WHM. Sure the Quickcast is nice but the proc rate isn't something to give up any of the above mentioned atmas. Allure is a given, if you don't have it you need to get some friends and take down that Pixie.

Don't be lazy and rely on the RR3 from AoA.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-26 16:02:52  
AoA > Allure, insta cast and auto reraise can make or break depending on situation. Mp+ is useless, -enmity is useless as I have *never* seen a whm take hate over a dedicated tank unless the mob has a hate reset thinger in which case -pdt gear with stoneskin and self cures will be enough to lose hate.
 Leviathan.Bladefury
user: Bladefury
By Leviathan.Bladefury 2011-01-26 16:03:36  
Cerberus.Sephrin said:

I agree, but the attention spans of some people do not. =P
[+]
 Cerberus.Quipto
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-01-26 16:03:56  
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Valefor.Mithano said:
As to fast cast, how are you capping? I guess I missed the memo on that, I'm certainly not at cap.
cures? full merits on healing casting time (precast) cure clogs (precast) incantor stone /sch light arts ambition atma (precast) af3+1 legs only precast until I get the +2s then I'll keep em on whole cast If I needed more for non-cures I could get Veela Cape, Orison Locket, Vivid Strap, Loquacious Earring but it's just not something I need to worry about, maybe I don't hit fastcap on all spells but the one's I'm most worried about I don't think could get quicker.
-60% cast time... yeah. Why can no one add around here >.> And when will people realize Cure clogs are NOT worth it?
[+]
 Valefor.Houppelande
By Valefor.Houppelande 2011-01-26 16:07:42  
Leviathan.Bladefury said:
Bukhis comes to mind when you just have bad luck on TP moves... I really hate that mob.
Yeah, Bukhis was pretty bad in the beginning, but I can't imagine an experience group having much trouble with him now
[+]
 Valefor.Houppelande
By Valefor.Houppelande 2011-01-26 16:10:25  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
AoA > Allure, insta cast and auto reraise can make or break depending on situation. Mp+ is useless, -enmity is useless as I have *never* seen a whm take hate over a dedicated tank unless the mob has a hate reset thinger in which case -pdt gear with stoneskin and self cures will be enough to lose hate.

The instant cast doesn't trigger often enough to justify losing 5ticks of refresh, fast cast and movement speed. If you think -enmity is useless then you have no idea what you're talking about.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-26 16:10:30  
Cerberus.Sephrin said:
As far as Atma goes for WHM, I personally use Merciless Matriarch, Minikin Monstrosity, and Allure. If I am subbing RDM it wouldn't be totally horrible to switch Minikin for Ambition. Quite frankly I never run out of MP in abyssea so losing 5MP refresh won't be crippling. The movement speed from Ambition is nice if you have no other form of movement speed on WHM.

However, I believe that using AoA is a waste on WHM. Sure the Quickcast is nice but the proc rate isn't something to give up any of the above mentioned atmas. Allure is a given, if you don't have it you need to get some friends and take down that Pixie.

If you are never running out of mp, what is the allure to using atma of allure? Enmity? Do you know how -enmity mechanics work? Do you really have that shitty tanks that you would take hate so easily from them?
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-26 16:11:23  
Valefor.Houppelande said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

The instant cast doesn't trigger often enough to justify losing 5ticks of refresh, fast cast and movement speed. If you think -enmity is useless than you have no idea what you're talking about.

It does trigger often enough. Auto-reraise is a given as to why its useful. -enmity is useless in this day and age, sorry but its true.
 Valefor.Houppelande
By Valefor.Houppelande 2011-01-26 16:12:47  
Actually, I never steal hate from my tanks, thanks in part to allure.

But again, if you feel -enmity is useless then I can't help you.
[+]
 Cerberus.Sephrin
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2011-01-26 16:12:55  
Leviathan.Draylo said:

If I am focusing on a single tank I alternate between cure 5 and 6. Quickcast would not be game-breaking really.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-26 16:14:54  
Actually, I never steal hate from my tanks, thanks in part to allure.

But again, if you feel -enmity is useless then I can't help you.

If you feel you need that atma to do that, then I can't help you either. I have a whm who spams cure5 and 6 on me and never runs out of MP and he NEVER takes hate. We duo almost everything.
 Valefor.Houppelande
By Valefor.Houppelande 2011-01-26 16:17:01  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
It does trigger often enough.

The Quick Magic triggers roughly once every 10 spells.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-26 16:18:50  
Yes which is relevant enough to be useful.
 Valefor.Houppelande
By Valefor.Houppelande 2011-01-26 16:20:31  
So if your friend NEVER takes hate, he never dies, correct? Then why the need to use AoA? To instant cast a spell once every 10th spell? Must be for the 15% triple attack . . .
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-26 16:22:47  
all these WHMs starting to get violent ; ;

people play their role differently there is not always one way or one best way to play
 Valefor.Houppelande
By Valefor.Houppelande 2011-01-26 16:24:03  
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
all these WHMs starting to get violent ; ; people play their role differently there is not always one way or one best way to play

I absolutely agree with you Tweeek - if a WHM feels AoA is better for him/her more power to them.

But to say the -enmity that allure gives you is useless, then that's a pretty ignorant comment.
[+]
 Cerberus.Sephrin
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2011-01-26 16:24:21  
I kill you with my staffffff... rawr
 Valefor.Houppelande
By Valefor.Houppelande 2011-01-26 16:26:21  
Cerberus.Sephrin said:
I kill you with my staffffff... rawr

lol
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-26 16:26:38  
So if your friend NEVER takes hate, he never dies, correct? Then why the need to use AoA? To instant cast a spell once every 10th spell? Must be for the 15% triplWhat else will you use the atma on if an extra refresh won't do much. Triple attack is nice when trying to proc something on whm, be it red/blue with staff or club. Auto-reraise is if ***goes bad,
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
all these WHMs starting to get violent ; ; people play their role differently there is not always one way or one best way to play

I absolutely agree with you Tweeek - if a WHM feels AoA is better for him/her more power to them.

But to say the -enmity that allure gives you is useless, then that's a pretty ignorant comment.

No it's correct, you are wasting your atma choice. Please tell how that will come in handy over something such as a insta raise or cure when its needed and ready to be used again instantly or if ***hits the fan (which it does one time or another) you don't ever have to cast reraise or worry about death? How do you steal hate from your tank? What is your tank doing and what job are they because it doesn't seem likely. You are attributing never stealing hate to that atma... have you tried w/o?
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-26 16:27:52  
Just because you can duo something doesn't mean it's the worst case scenario for how much MP is burned. When I duo with a THF I barely ever touch my MP. When I am in ally with a MNK/WAR tanking and other DDs occasionally taking DMG when going in for procs etc I can burn through MP.

To say one party is better than the other is moot I play with friends we sometimes duo, sometimes lowman and sometimes we bring 14+ people to get zone clears/wins or atmas etc. Most of the time in an ally people are sitting at a safe distance it's not like we are TP feeding frenzy but more people take dmg than when I duo.

If I was to say I NEVER have to use MP temp items anymore I would by lying, this is with me using Allure. If I was to constantly rely on using temps every fight I would think that there is something wrong. I would rather use them in more emergency type situations.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-26 16:29:54  
That's what temp items, martello's are for though.
By Sekaran 2011-01-26 16:30:17  
I AoA/Minikin/Allure as WHM. I have Herald's for movement and hardly run out of MP when I sub RDM.

I'm a fairly new WHM so a lot of the information in this thread has been pretty useful. Formerly a lifelong RDM who grew tired of how inadequate it is as a healer in Abyssea.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-26 16:32:06  
Sekaran said:
I AoA/Minikin/Allure as WHM. I have Herald's for movement and hardly run out of MP when I sub RDM.

I'm a fairly new WHM so a lot of the information in this thread has been pretty useful. Formerly a lifelong RDM who grew tired of how inadequate it is as a healer in Abyssea.

I hate you.

j/k but srsly wtf ; ; I know you got them from some other job just sucks reading that. I am addicted to movement I wish I had more, I got 8% from my ASA pants but 12% would be 4% more cooler ; ; I am jelly
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-26 16:32:24  
I also find /blm to be a viable sub, as I see people here only listing /sch and /rdm and totally neglecting stun usefulness. Hasted whm via spell + gear, 23~33ish stun recast, not too bad.
 Valefor.Houppelande
By Valefor.Houppelande 2011-01-26 16:33:37  
AoA gives me =

1. Instant RR - Amazing for jobs that don't have the ability to RR themselves.

2. Quick-Cast - Once every 10th spells (roughly)

3. Triple Attack 15% = Beneficial to a WHM focusing on healing/status effects how?

-----------------------------------------------------

Allure =

1. 30% MP = Beneficial to WHM

2. -30 Enmity = Beneficial to WHM

3. MND +30 = Beneficial to WHM

--------------------------------------------------------

Ambition

1. Refresh+5 = Beneficial to WHM

2. Fast cast = Beneficial to WHM

3. Movement speed = Nice to have but not game changing.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Now if you feel that something that triggers once every 10 spells is better than the above benefits, then more power to you.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-26 16:34:12  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
That's what temp items, martello's are for though.

I dunno, I think of them more as emergency, I know they are there, I use them when I need to but I do not want to have to rely on them that's the main difference I suppose.

There have been discussions on how people use their 2HRs depending on what the 2HR is. I think more of using 2HR or saving it for emergency (outside FC party or SMN burn or other situational situations) where as some people they should use their 2HR every 2HRs.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-26 16:37:05  
AoA gives me =

1. Instant RR - Amazing for jobs that don't have the ability to RR themselves.

If you die, and duoing, your tank is most likely next. Getting up, you sometimes don't have enough time to reraise and it can get dangerous. I already stated why auto-reraise is amazing.

2. Quick-Cast - Once every 10th spells (roughly)

Yes and when it does quick-cast, you gain access to that spell again instantly.

3. Triple Attack 15% = Beneficial to a WHM focusing on healing/status effects how?

I already said, proccing specific things. Only whm can do hexa strike specifically, but they can help when low manning to make things go along faster.

-----------------------------------------------------

Allure =

1. 30% MP = Beneficial to WHM

Completely useless.

2. -30 Enmity = Beneficial to WHM

and back to this

3. MND +30 = Beneficial to WHM

Useless for most part.

Now if you feel that something that triggers once every 10 spells is better than the above benefits, then more power to you.

It's not just the insta-cast, if you feel that -enmity is oh so useful when a standard whm shouldn't take hate off a tank, then more power to you.
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
user: Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2011-01-26 16:40:29  
In my opinion, Atma of Allure is quite overrated. The extra MP means nothing in Abyssea with all the refresh and temporary items, and if you were concerned about MP in the first place, you'd be better off using an actual refresh atma in place of it. The -enmity is also worthless, since between Minikin and equipment you'll be hitting (or at least nearly hitting) the enmity cap anyway. With that said, I still find myself using Allure for the MND boost, since there's hardly anything else worth using for WHM. That's not because Allure is amazing, it's because it's the least worthless of all the other atma once you've already equipped two for refresh. Three atma is overkill on WHM unless you need to help trigger or something, then it's nice to have the third option available for regain, which I'll almost always replace Allure with rather than my other atmas if I need to have it.

Also, I find Atma of Apocalypse quite annoying on WHM for a couple of reasons. First, preemptive healing does wonders in Abyssea. If I see a NM readying something I know is going to be devastating then I'll start curing immediately, aiming to land as soon as damage is taken, instead of waiting for people's HP to actually drop before reacting. If quick casting procs then I just wasted a cure and then people are waiting longer for it despite the instant cast than if I were just using another atma. The same can be said about removing status effects.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-26 16:41:00  
well tbh if you die and get up quick your enm should be whiped 2 cures to your tank (especially with -40 enm) will not give you hate (unless mob just reset tp inbetween you getting up and casting cure) in that situation I always cure my tank either VI+V or just VI and then run outside 21+ yalms cure myself cast RR(penury) and get back to it
[+]