Advice For A New White Mage =)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Advice for a new White Mage =)
Advice for a new White Mage =)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-01-26 18:04:38  
As I've said before, you can use Sea Daughter against some NMs, I do not enjoy using it for all. I use VV+Perfect Attendance and I'm good to go. The only time Sea Daughter is 'better' is if you're killing an easy mob and it's non-threatening and it dies fast so you need to be hasty. I'm sure you can Sea Daughter probably every mob more-or-less, but you'd need to be very careful about how you cure and use IV occasionally instead of just rotating V/VI.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-01-26 18:11:26  
I dunno, for that I'd have to say it really depends on what type of tank you have and how big the group you're healing is. In a duo situation it depends on what kind of tanks you have. THF/NIN/DNC all shouldn't be taking so much dmg that you ever need to fall back on IV. Mnk or /mnk, only time they should need that much healing is maybe if you're dealing with something that will dispell your counterstance and hits really hard.

And if you're in situations where you're healing multiple DD's, then procs are probably already covered anyways and you wouldn't need to worry about having regain at all except for hexa.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-01-26 20:14:39  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
-enmity is useless in this day and age, sorry but its true.

This guy is pretty dumb.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-26 20:17:20  
Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
-enmity is useless in this day and age, sorry but its true.

This guy is pretty dumb.

no u
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-26 20:18:07  
Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
This guy is pretty dumb.
this guy does not look smart by pointing something like that out.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-01-26 20:23:38  
If a DD is being a retard, remember that Raise costs less MP and time than Cure spam.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-26 20:34:56  
Fights last under 10m, most fights only go on for the proc of blue or grellow. Tank barely, if ever, lose hate and almost all DD jobs capable of handling tank role for a large amount of the content. I honestly have no idea how your mages are taking hate off those DD. Only time I see it possible is if you have to hold the mob to proc w/e, but really not worth the atma slot.
[+]
 Bismarck.Gael
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2011-01-27 00:57:56  
The Enmity is not useless at all even in abyssea, but i agree it's useles to use an atma to stack enmity -

In fact it's only good for lazy whm w/o an enmity gear, because yes you should have a normal cure set and an enmity set... It's a lot better to stack refresh on atma that lolenmity which is a lot more situational (big NMs, low enmity tanks, low men).
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Xenhas
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Xenhas
By Gilgamesh.Xenhas 2011-01-27 01:00:12  
Cerberus.Sephrin said:
From Dictionary.com:

use·less
[yoos-lis]
–adjective
1. of no use; not serving the purpose or any purpose; unavailing or futile: It is useless to reason with him.
2. without useful qualities; of no practical good: a useless person; a useless gadget.

I don't think this applies to Atma of Allure.

I cap enm- and potency in gear in both my CV/VI and 1-4 sets

more MND AND conserve mp can be found on Atma of the Undying

Max mp with 20+ refresh a tick? lol

Atma of Allure can very easily be considered useless.

but seriously now

how the hell are so many WHMs dying? I've tanked Raja and many other NMs for like 5 minutes on whm with PDT and MDT idle sets and over 2k hp on taru.

between cures + solace and refresh + temps, there's no reason for whms to die on rarely anything from pulling hate briefly (from hate reset, capping enmity, or lolDD that get 1 shotted cuz no mdt-%) lol :D

edit:
To actually contribute to this thread: WHM af3+2 legs are amazing, get your hands on those for sure.

Work on capping enm- and cure potency in gear so you can use more beneficial atmas (or make a capped haste set and use that to spam cures with relying on atmas to make up for lost stats)

other useful sets to have are an idle set or more than one (with some refresh, movement speed if available, regen, pdt%- and mdt%- and HP+/MP+ never hurts in other slots), a capped haste set for -na spells and such, and an a set for barspells. Sure theres lots of situational things you can do, but those alone will be a noticable improvement and you can just build more specific sets from there for situational stuff.
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-01-27 01:08:19  
Gilgamesh.Xenhas said:
how the hell are so many WHMs dying? I've tanked Raja and many other NMs for like 5 minutes on whm with PDT and MDT idle sets and over 2k hp on taru.

between cures + solace and refresh + temps, there's no reason for whms to die on rarely anything from pulling hate briefly (from hate reset, capping enmity, or lolDD that get 1 shotted cuz no mdt-%) lol :D

I was going to comment on this a page back but I forgot. Yeah, I don't understand either. -ga 4's do ***to me in my MDT gear, and honestly even scary(AOE) TP moves only do like half my HP :/ As for pulling hate, there's no reason to die to that either. @_@;
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-01-27 01:41:37  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Gilgamesh.Xenhas said:

I was going to comment on this a page back but I forgot. Yeah, I don't understand either. -ga 4's do ***to me in my MDT gear, and honestly even scary(AOE) TP moves only do like half my HP :/ As for pulling hate, there's no reason to die to that either. @_@;

/nod, WHM is hax.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-01-27 02:24:50  
how do you guys have space for mdt gear?
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-01-27 03:01:10  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
how do you guys have space for mdt gear?

I have 80 spaces? D:

Idle stuff (refresh/mdt)
Cureset (pot/enm-)
Enfeebling+ gear (sometimes satchel this since I don't use sleeps etc much)
MND gear
Precast stuff
Divine set
Gimpy Enhancing set

Edit: I also have misc. stuff for certain spells. Like Regen body/hands, barspell stuff, auspice feet... etc.

I think that's it, unless I'm forgetting something. My hMP and PDT stuff is satcheled, rarely use them. Same with the majority of my elemental staves. I keep Surya's/Terra's/Apollo's on me, occasionally Pluto's/Varuna's/Auster's if I'm resting or casting sleep/paralyze/silence/etc etc.

Next time I'm online and if you care I'll go list my gear or something if you think I'm that crazy. D:
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-27 03:12:13  
Only takes 6 slots to cap MDT on WHM with fully merited Shellra V, not that hard to work in and given how much damage it can mitigate it's pretty nice to have.
 Leviathan.Solanis
user: Solanis
By Leviathan.Solanis 2011-01-27 04:25:52  
it sounds like a lot of you are vastly overcomplicating the job, especially in an abyssea era... I only do lowman (2-4 people, never more) and outside of enfeebling all the whm has to do is keep hp up and not get themselves killed. I can't really speak to how it is in big groups, although if you're doing something in a group of over 6, you have bigger problems to deal with!
 Gilgamesh.Xenhas
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Xenhas
By Gilgamesh.Xenhas 2011-01-27 06:39:36  
my mdt gear is always in satchel/sack, i just pull it out whenever i feel it's need

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-01-27 06:47:05  
Not including gear shared with Rdm most of my whm gear takes up a grand total of 30 slots including full Teal for precast (which I really should just sell off since I don't use whm in large enough parties to justify it for haste/regen).

Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-01-27 09:07:57  
i still carry around hmp and mp gear, so i guess i should get rid of those-- don't really want to satchel them because satchel is full of rdm and nin stuff and i'm the type of person who would forget half of it if i put it all in moogle. also it's nice to be able to change jobs and just gear while running.

i carry twilight torque and one dark ring, other ring is balrahns because i used to do salvage >_> but i have another dark ring i guess i could switch to. so that'd be 13 pdt/mdt(one ring is pdt/mdt5, the other is same thing but 3 for both). i have a hexerei cape, somewhere... that's 16, i don't have a defending ring, earrings is 4%, which means i'd need like 3? from lieutenants and better dark ring (don't want to bother with lore >_> but lieutenants is all jobs).

i have a lot of single-purpose gear-- a lot of the mp and hmp and barspell gear aren't really useful for anything else. and i carry surya's/aquilo/auster/terra/apollo/pluto, so i guess that eats up a lot of space. i just recently got muse tariqah, but thinking about it that doesn't actually save me space.

i guess i'll put away or sell some of my more useless whm stuff :/ would be nice if it were viable to actually hold everything.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-01-27 09:17:40  
advice = be a fast healer
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-27 09:46:50  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Leviathan.Solanis said:
it sounds like a lot of you are vastly overcomplicating the job, especially in an abyssea era... I only do lowman (2-4 people, never more) and outside of enfeebling all the whm has to do is keep hp up and not get themselves killed. I can't really speak to how it is in big groups, although if you're doing something in a group of over 6, you have bigger problems to deal with!
Rani without a brew is honestly the only thing I can imagine 6 couldnt handle normally
Entirely doable with 6, might have to reset his -DT depending on killspeed. Could win with fewer tbh.

Quote:
i carry twilight torque and one dark ring, other ring is balrahns because i used to do salvage >_> but i have another dark ring i guess i could switch to. so that'd be 13 pdt/mdt(one ring is pdt/mdt5, the other is same thing but 3 for both). i have a hexerei cape, somewhere... that's 16, i don't have a defending ring, earrings is 4%, which means i'd need like 3? from lieutenants and better dark ring (don't want to bother with lore >_> but lieutenants is all jobs).
Twilight + Ring + Ring + Vallus Grip + Hexerei + the 2% MDT item of your choice and you're capped. Don't need Lore at all.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-01-27 19:37:42  
didn't know about grip, not sure if i want to deal with pdt+, but thanks.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-01-28 09:51:08  
First atma should be MM for whm. Second is either another refresh atma or allure, dependant on how many ppl you have to cure. So third atma can be anything that's not gamebreaking. Situational etc. I once had the situation where I was trioing a nm. Tank died, had to HP, whm kept zombying it until tank came back. It's nice for those situations to use AoA imo.