US Treasurer Seeked Advice From Jon Stewart?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » US Treasurer seeked advice from Jon Stewart?
US Treasurer seeked advice from Jon Stewart?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Cerberus.Zandra
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-11-04 23:19:40  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:

When you argument makes no more sense, resort to name calling...
Sorry I don't try to have rational conversations with people who are proud of being apart of the modern tea party movement. The point is moot.

oh the intollerance....
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-11-04 23:25:43  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ramuh.Thunderz said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ramuh.Thunderz said:
Better anyways what is up with all the politics thread anyways and can we get some that isn't focused on US politics lol
I think I make them last longer than they should by arguing with everybody :/
after some time the topic will just be my opinion vs yours and that is when ***hits the fan

I'm actually trying to move it beyond that by getting people to use facts and examples that actually lead to reasonable conclusions. A lot of times opinions are massive leaps in logic. I mean if somebody sat down and analyzed obamas qualifications vs palins and their policies I woulda been happy.

That wont work because even if you list "facts" people will they debate whether this persons facts hold more water than this persons facts.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ebry
サーバ: Asura
user: Ebry
By Asura.Ebry 2010-11-04 23:47:02  
Asura.Catastrophe said:
You can't say what I said about Sarah Palin isn't of legitimate policy concern. Especially to the Tea Party.

^
 Ramuh.Thunderz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-11-04 23:57:54  
Sylph.Kimble said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ramuh.Thunderz said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ramuh.Thunderz said:
Better anyways what is up with all the politics thread anyways and can we get some that isn't focused on US politics lol
after some time the topic will just be my opinion vs yours and that is when ***hits the fan

I'm actually trying to move it beyond that by getting people to use facts and examples that actually lead to reasonable conclusions. A lot of times opinions are massive leaps in logic. I mean if somebody sat down and analyzed obamas qualifications vs palins and their policies I woulda been happy.

That wont work because even if you list "facts" people will they debate whether this persons facts hold more water than this persons facts.

yeah this with a mixture of random people inputting personal opinion against your fact and stuff gets /facepalm rq
 Phoenix.Excelior
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-05 00:03:26  
Ramuh.Thunderz said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ramuh.Thunderz said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ramuh.Thunderz said:
yeah this with a mixture of random people inputting personal opinion against your fact and stuff gets /facepalm rq

Facts can never be opinions. If I say Sarah Palin was a governor that is a fact. If i say Sarah Palin was a good governor that's an opinion. If I say Sarah Palin is qualified to be president because she was a governor that is not a fact. If I say that being a governor is more qualification than not being a governor that could be a fact potentially, however you could argue that not being something could be beneficial. I think you get the point that it depends on the presentation.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-05 01:44:33  
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:

When you argument makes no more sense, resort to name calling...
Sorry I don't try to have rational conversations with people who are proud of being apart of the modern tea party movement. The point is moot.

oh the intollerance....
I'm intolerant.
Intolerant to bigots, racists, murder, rape. The majority of the tea party is 3/4 of those things (not including rape, I hope) so yeah people are allowed to be intolerant of them.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-05 01:47:44  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Ok I'll try to be as calm as possible with this. Barack Obama has degrees in politcal science and a law degree. Sarah Palin has a degree in communications. If you still think for a moment that he is less unqualified, possibly more so than Sarah Palin, then you are delusional.
I have a degree in law and political science. I am as qualified as barack obama. Thanks. Oh, and I have a 4.0 GPA same as his.
do you actually have the degree or are you taking classes? and what school are you going to?

I have a BS in political science and one class away from another one in law. When I'm 35 and old enough to be president then I will have the same educational qualifications as him. Oh and I'm on the student government just like him. I'm also in the International Model United Nations Conference. I actually have had more leadership than him during my time in school. What school I go to doesn't matter. Knowledge is knowledge regardless of what you get it, I think its *** delusional to think the Ivy League is any better of a school. I don't think I'll ever be qualified to be president because I don't think I'll be in a critical leadership position such as governor.
What's delusional is your opinion that Obama maybe be less qualified than Palin.

Which school you get a degree does matter. From things like requirements of graduation to entrance selection, it does matter.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-05 01:49:56  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
I think Sarah Palin's documented interviews, quotes and other antics captured on record speak for themselves as far as her intelligence and qualifications go.

It's possible to be a bad speaker and still be intelligent. You ever think maybe she was just nervous as ***?
yes, because somebody who caves under pressure is a good choice for the person with the nuclear codes.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-05 01:55:37  
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Asura.Baroma said:
Is she is a joke, why are people so intrigued by her every action? Lol now she has a series on TLC "Nail'n pali... I mean Palin's Alaska"
She won't have a real political career after that I bet.
Not that she did outside of hanging on McCains shirt tails and lolAlaska

You must be joking, she's the most powerful woman in politics right now esp after last Tuesday. She is a figure head of the Tea party, which in case you missed it just took over the House. In 2 years she could derail the republican run for the presidency by running 3rd party, so you'd better believe everyone is taking her seriously now.

Only retards (I'd say and rednecks, but they fall under the first category).
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-05 02:03:40  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
I think Sarah Palin's documented interviews, quotes and other antics captured on record speak for themselves as far as her intelligence and qualifications go.
It's possible to be a bad speaker and still be intelligent. You ever think maybe she was just nervous as ***?
yes, because somebody who caves under pressure is a good choice for the person with the nuclear codes.

That's true. The fact she resigned from governor is evidence that she can't handle the job. I don't think that caving under pressure makes you stupid, however.
 Fenrir.Weewoo
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-11-05 02:04:23  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:

That's true. The fact she resigned from governor is evidence that she can't handle the job. I don't think that caving under pressure makes you stupid, however.

Only human~
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-05 02:05:59  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:

Nope there's plenty of other things about Sarah Palin that can define her as stupid, this however is a personality trait that shouldn't be in a leader with such power.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-05 02:06:30  
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:

Only human~
Ah yes but the leaders of the world have to be above the average humans, otherwise they aren't qualified to lead.
 Bismarck.Chasuro
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2010-11-05 02:10:50  
Asura.Baroma said:
That is different I think, did bush ask for advice from colbert?

Did someone ask Jon Stewart for advice? This is an article that says last april they met and had a talk. Who cares? Where does it say Geithner 'sought(seeked?) advice from Jon Stewart'? You are just as bad as Fox news adding some bs to the news to put a spin on it then selling it like it really happened.
 Asura.Baroma
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2010-11-05 02:14:25  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:

I think it was more about a balancing a checkbook more than not handling the job. 125k salary as gov, but amassed 500k in legal bills. I wouldve done the same thing if given the oportunity, to go rogue (tongue in cheek) and make millions elsewhere. The reasons why she left
 Asura.Baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2010-11-05 02:20:25  
Bismarck.Chasuro said:
Asura.Baroma said:
That is different I think, did bush ask for advice from colbert?

Did someone ask Jon Stewart for advice? This is an article that says last april they met and had a talk. Who cares? Where does it say Geithner 'sought(seeked?) advice from Jon Stewart'? You are just as bad as Fox news adding some bs to the news to put a spin on it then selling it like it really happened.
Well true we dont have transcripts of their "talk" but one can assume i suppose. "

Jon Stewart is influential in America, so we took the opportunity for the two to meet and to discuss the economy,” Treasury spokesman Steve Adamske said in an e-mail yesterday.

Thats the point of my OP, did he ask for advice? (The "?" is in topic for a reason)

and i dont have full cable TV, just basic cable and internet. (read: No FOXNEWS) hardly ever watch it anyways. but i do get a fuzzy ESPN channel, which im thankful for.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-05 02:26:15  
Asura.Baroma said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
I think it was more about a balancing a checkbook more than not handling the job. 125k salary as gov, but amassed 500k in legal bills. I wouldve done the same thing if given the oportunity, to go rogue (tongue in cheek) and make millions elsewhere. The reasons why she left

I guess she can just quit the presidency when she feels she can make more money. I mean its only 500k a year.
 Asura.Baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2010-11-05 12:41:41  
Lol yeah in theory she would but in the interview she did say she Wanted to be president one day.

~ Whenever you make a mistake or get knocked down by life, don't look back at it too long. Mistakes are life's way of teaching you. Your capacity for occasional blunders is inseparable from your capacity to reach your goals. No one wins them all, and your failures, when they happen, are just part of your growth. Shake off your blunders. How will you know your limits without an occasional failure? Never quit. Your turn will come. ~ Og Mandino
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2010-11-05 13:08:07  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ramuh.Thunderz said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ramuh.Thunderz said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ramuh.Thunderz said:

Facts can never be opinions. If I say Sarah Palin was a governor that is a fact. If i say Sarah Palin was a good governor that's an opinion. If I say Sarah Palin is qualified to be president because she was a governor that is not a fact. If I say that being a governor is more qualification than not being a governor that could be a fact potentially, however you could argue that not being something could be beneficial. I think you get the point that it depends on the presentation.

/scratches head.
That would be an opinion.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-05 13:10:45  
Bahamut.Milamber said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ramuh.Thunderz said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ramuh.Thunderz said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ramuh.Thunderz said:

/scratches head.
on that route all qualifications are opinions then.
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2010-11-06 01:41:35  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Milamber said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ramuh.Thunderz said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ramuh.Thunderz said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ramuh.Thunderz said:

/scratches head.
on that route all qualifications are opinions then.

When would qualifications be facts?

On a side note, how do you do spoiler views, since backquoting is getting lengthy.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-06 02:32:20  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Ok I'll try to be as calm as possible with this. Barack Obama has degrees in politcal science and a law degree. Sarah Palin has a degree in communications. If you still think for a moment that he is less unqualified, possibly more so than Sarah Palin, then you are delusional.
I have a degree in law and political science. I am as qualified as barack obama. Thanks. Oh, and I have a 4.0 GPA same as his.
do you actually have the degree or are you taking classes? and what school are you going to?

I have a BS in political science and one class away from another one in law. When I'm 35 and old enough to be president then I will have the same educational qualifications as him. Oh and I'm on the student government just like him. I'm also in the International Model United Nations Conference. I actually have had more leadership than him during my time in school. What school I go to doesn't matter. Knowledge is knowledge regardless of what you get it, I think its *** delusional to think the Ivy League is any better of a school. I don't think I'll ever be qualified to be president because I don't think I'll be in a critical leadership position such as governor.
What's delusional is your opinion that Obama maybe be less qualified than Palin.

Which school you get a degree does matter. From things like requirements of graduation to entrance selection, it does matter.
I got both of my degrees from this school: Richard Stockton College of New Jersey

B.S. Computer Science and Information Systems (Computer Science Track), Minor in Psychology.
B.A. Mathematics, Minor in Philosophy.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-06 02:37:03  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
I got both of my degrees from this school: Richard Stockton College of New Jersey B.S. Computer Science and Information Systems (Computer Science Track), Minor in Psychology. B.A. Mathematics, Minor in Philosophy.
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
I got both of my degrees from this school: Richard Stockton College of New Jersey B.S. Computer Science and Information Systems (Computer Science Track), Minor in Psychology. B.A. Mathematics, Minor in Philosophy.

It doesn't matter what school you went to except for when you get out of college for the first time. People don't give a ***what your grades were or where you went to school. They just care that you can do the job. Having Harvard on your transcripts does look really good but will matter very little in the end. I don't think Harvard is privy to some kind of knowledge that no other school in the world has. I think when I study consitutional law I'm studying the same constitution and court cases that harvard would study. Maybe there would be better teachers at Harvard but teachers don't qualify as additional knowledge. I think there are some people who go to community college smarter than those are harvard. I think most people at community college are smarter than George Bush and he want to Yale.