US Treasurer Seeked Advice From Jon Stewart?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » US Treasurer seeked advice from Jon Stewart?
US Treasurer seeked advice from Jon Stewart?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-04 21:12:02  
To answer my own question for Zandra, the last 3rd party candidate to win was Millard Fillmore in the 1800's :/
Can it happen?
Sure
Is it likely to happen?
Not really
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-04 21:12:56  
Asura.Baroma said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Asura.Baroma said:
Is she is a joke, why are people so intrigued by her every action? Lol now she has a series on TLC "Nail'n pali... I mean Palin's Alaska"
She won't have a real political career after that I bet.
Not that she did outside of hanging on McCains shirt tails and lolAlaska

You must be joking, she's the most powerful woman in politics right now esp after last Tuesday. She is a figure head of the Tea party, which in case you missed it just took over the House. In 2 years she could derail the republican run for the presidency by running 3rd party, so you'd better believe everyone is taking her seriously now.
how many seats do you consider "took over the house" to be?
the correct statement would be the republicans took over the house.
in regards to rest, time will see who's right and who's wrong :D

Oh just to say something cuz I'm bored, did anyone notice how many seats the state legislatures got for repubs? 670-680 iirc. That's unheard of! It hurt to be a Dem no matter what level you were @.
lucky I'm not a democrat :D
hell i didn't even vote.
/prepares for the "you didn't vote you can't have an opinion" ***.

Cerberus.Zandra
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-11-04 21:15:25  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Asura.Baroma said:
Is she is a joke, why are people so intrigued by her every action? Lol now she has a series on TLC "Nail'n pali... I mean Palin's Alaska"

You must be joking, she's the most powerful woman in politics right now esp after last Tuesday. She is a figure head of the Tea party, which in case you missed it just took over the House. In 2 years she could derail the republican run for the presidency by running 3rd party, so you'd better believe everyone is taking her seriously now.

and when was the last time a 3rd party candidate won?

Actually I believe the "tea party" endorsed about 120ish republican seats in this year's midterms and of those, 113 or so won their candidacies.

She doesn't need to win she just need to be popular enough to prevent the republicans from winning, which she is.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2010-11-04 21:17:37  
Asura.Baroma said:
And yet he makes money by making people laugh on a non news nework. Give him a seat on cnn. Then I could see it.

lol CNN is more of a comedy network than Comedy Central is. How do you take half an hour of news and stretch it into 24? By beating it to death to the point where even those radio stations that play the same song every hour start going, "Damn, dude! Enough is enough!"

And those horrible pundits! Ugh! You want to scream at the top of your lungs about how the tree line on Mt. Asslick has receded by two inches? Get a damn blog. That's what the rest of us do, Mr. Fifteensecondsoffame.

[/rant]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-04 21:18:44  
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Asura.Baroma said:

Actually I believe the "tea party" endorsed about 120ish republican seats in this year's midterms and of those, 113 or so won their candidacies.

She doesn't need to win she just need to be popular enough to prevent the republicans from winning, which she is.
So she's a glorified tool more or less.
a lot of things can happen in 2 years of politics so it very well could go either way.
but it's highly unlikely that she of all people would reach presidential status.
i just hope some of this stuff actually provokes action rather than inaction :/
 Cerberus.Zandra
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-11-04 21:27:13  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Asura.Baroma said:

a lot of things can happen in 2 years of politics so it very well could go either way.
but it's highly unlikely that she of all people would reach presidential status.

Alot sure can happen, but things aren't going the way of Obama that's for sure. Its gonna be a blame game of gridlock for the next 2 years, which will honestly make things BETTER than they are now. She may not reach presidential status but her endorsement in 2 years could hand pick the republican runner.
 Phoenix.Excelior
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-04 21:28:31  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Asura.Baroma said:
She won't have a real political career after that I bet. Not that she did outside of hanging on McCains shirt tails and lolAlaska
how many seats do you consider "took over the house" to be? the correct statement would be the republicans took over the house. in regards to rest, time will see who's right and who's wrong :D and when was the last time a 3rd party candidate won?
Actually I believe the "tea party" endorsed about 120ish republican seats in this year's midterms and of those, 113 or so won their candidacies. She doesn't need to win she just need to be popular enough to prevent the republicans from winning, which she is.
So she's a glorified tool more or less. a lot of things can happen in 2 years of politics so it very well could go either way. but it's highly unlikely that she of all people would reach presidential status. i just hope some of this stuff actually provokes action rather than inaction :/

I think it was equally unlikely that Barack Obama would reach presidential status. He was clearly unqualified, possibly more so than Sarah Palin. Obama was rich, and an Ivy League alumni so I guess the 99% of Americans who don't know ***thought he had to be intelligent.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-04 21:32:30  
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Asura.Baroma said:

Alot sure can happen, but things aren't going the way of Obama that's for sure. Its gonna be a blame game of gridlock for the next 2 years, which will honestly make things BETTER than they are now. She may not reach presidential status but her endorsement in 2 years could hand pick the republican runner.
I'm not on the whole obama train nor am I against him but I think he's gonna have to make some tough decisions in the future if it's gonna work out.
and i hope this years new batch of politicians can actually invoke compromise rather than shut it down.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-04 21:34:47  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
I think it was equally unlikely that Barack Obama would reach presidential status. He was clearly unqualified, possibly more so than Sarah Palin. Obama was rich, and an Ivy League alumni so I guess the 99% of Americans who don't know ***thought he had to be intelligent.
how was he clearly unqualified?
possibly more so?
I hope you don't bring these kind of points to debates man..lol

I thought the reason Obama got in was due to the fact that McCain and Palin are both awful.
Grandpa might be wise but he doesn't get along with the kids when they get on his grass.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-04 21:37:01  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
how was he clearly unqualified? possibly more so? I hope you don't bring these kind of points to debates man..lol

The guy was a Senator for ONE TERM. Sarah Palin was a mayor and a governor. How is he more qualified for an executive position than somebody who has held two political executive positions? Does obama have some innate natural qualification for president by virtue of being the keenru reeves of black men? No. He is not as qualified as her, and you can't really tell if he is more intelligent or less intelligent than her.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-04 21:38:12  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
how was he clearly unqualified? possibly more so? I hope you don't bring these kind of points to debates man..lol

The guy was a Senator for ONE TERM. Sarah Palin was a mayor and a governor. How is he more qualified for an executive position than somebody who has held two political executive positions? Does obama have some innate natural qualification for president by virtue of being the keenru reeves of black men? No. He is not as qualified as her, and you can't really tell if he is more intelligent or less intelligent than her.
I was pretty sure the qualifications were:

Quote:
No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-04 21:39:31  
Bush JR. was only a governor prior to being elected.
I'll add more in an edit in a sec.
Unless you get what point I'm trying to illustrate.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-04 21:40:38  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
how was he clearly unqualified?
possibly more so?
I hope you don't bring these kind of points to debates man..lol

I think the reason Obama got in was due to the fact that McCain and Palin are both awful.
Wow, just wow!
And Excelior wonders why everyone flames him.
That must be the single most HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE statement to date.

Guess he's going to cover his *** with the 'possibly' qualifier.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-04 21:41:39  
i guess it's Obamas fault for not governing a state or starring in some movies.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-04 21:41:40  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bush JR. was only a governor prior to being elected.
I'll add more in an edit in a sec.
Unless you get what point I'm trying to illustrate.
Please do, I'm watching the Mentalist atm.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-04 21:41:54  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
how was he clearly unqualified? possibly more so? I hope you don't bring these kind of points to debates man..lol I think the reason Obama got in was due to the fact that McCain and Palin are both awful.
Wow, just wow! And Excelior wonders why everyone flames him. That must be the single most HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE statement to date. Guess he's going to cover his *** with the 'possibly' qualifier.

Ok so the minimum qualifications are ok for the most important job. GOT IT!

I'm gonna go tell my HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE cousin to run for president since he meets those qualifications. He's clearly just as qualified as Obama.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-04 21:43:12  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
how was he clearly unqualified? possibly more so? I hope you don't bring these kind of points to debates man..lol I think the reason Obama got in was due to the fact that McCain and Palin are both awful.
Wow, just wow! And Excelior wonders why everyone flames him. That must be the single most HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE statement to date. Guess he's going to cover his *** with the 'possibly' qualifier.

Ok so the minimum qualifications are ok for the most important job. GOT IT!

I'm gonna go tell my HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE cousin to run for president since he meets those qualifications. He's clearly just as qualified as Obama.
I think your cousin would be more qualified than you would be.
:P
Does he have to accept X number of bribes to reach what you consider to be an acceptible qualification?
What do you consider to be acceptible qualifications on that note?
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-04 21:43:53  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ok so the minimum qualifications are ok for the most important job. GOT IT! I'm gonna go tell my HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE cousin to run for president since he meets those qualifications. He's clearly just as qualified as Obama.
I think your cousin would be more qualified than you would be. :P

So then you concede your logic of quoting the consitution was wrong. OK! Lets hope you don't take these skills to a debate.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-04 21:45:05  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ok so the minimum qualifications are ok for the most important job. GOT IT! I'm gonna go tell my HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE cousin to run for president since he meets those qualifications. He's clearly just as qualified as Obama.

So then you concede your logic of quoting the consitution was wrong. OK! Lets hope you don't take these skills to a debate.
Does he have to accept X number of bribes to reach what you consider to be an acceptable qualification?
What do you consider to be acceptable qualifications on that note?

I'm just going *** for tat with all the *** you pull in every post so far in this thread. :/
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-04 21:49:11  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Does he have to accept X number of bribes to reach what you consider to be an acceptable qualification? What do you consider to be acceptable qualifications on that note? I'm just going *** for tat with all the *** you pull in every post :/

I think a President should:

1. Have Government leadership experience
2. Have a good education
3. Have been in the military
4. Actually know something about the issues. Obama had pretty much no foriegn policy experience. He also had pretty much no economic backround.

I'm glad you think it's bull ***even though it has more substance than any of your responses which are full of only insults.
By Serj 2010-11-04 21:52:09  
You're same logic about prior experience could be applied to justices on the supreme court. Doesn't work out that way most of the time, though.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-04 21:53:12  
Ok I'll try to be as calm as possible with this.

Barack Obama has degrees in politcal science and a law degree.

Sarah Palin has a degree in communications.

If you still think for a moment that he is unqualified, possibly more so than Sarah Palin, then you are delusional.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-04 21:54:08  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Ok I'll try to be as calm as possible with this. Barack Obama has degrees in politcal science and a law degree. Sarah Palin has a degree in communications. If you still think for a moment that he is less unqualified, possibly more so than Sarah Palin, then you are delusional.

I have a degree in law and political science. I am as qualified as barack obama. Thanks. Oh, and I have a 4.0 GPA same as his.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-04 21:56:09  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Does he have to accept X number of bribes to reach what you consider to be an acceptable qualification? What do you consider to be acceptable qualifications on that note? I'm just going *** for tat with all the *** you pull in every post :/

I think a President should:

1. Have Government leadership experience
2. Have a good education
3. Have been in the military
4. Actually know something about the issues. Obama had pretty much no foriegn policy experience. He also had pretty much no economic backround.

I'm glad you think it's bull ***even though it has more substance than any of your responses which are full of only insults.
I think what you say is *** because it's veiled with negative opinion and bias that you try to push off as "fact"

one and two he fits.
the military part is a matter of your personal opinion of course
him "actually knowing something about the issues" is yet another opinion.
he got our boys out of IRAQ lolol
what the hell do you mean by economic background?
care to make an example of someone with an economic background and what they do/did economically?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-04 21:56:46  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Ok I'll try to be as calm as possible with this. Barack Obama has degrees in politcal science and a law degree. Sarah Palin has a degree in communications. If you still think for a moment that he is less unqualified, possibly more so than Sarah Palin, then you are delusional.

I have a degree in law and political science. I am as qualified as barack obama. Thanks. Oh, and I have a 4.0 GPA same as his.
That makes YOU, more qualified than Sarah Palin.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-04 21:57:02  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

do you actually have the degree or are you taking classes?
and what school are you going to?
those are all qualifications.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-04 21:58:51  
and what the hell excelior?
does him being a state senator from 97-04 not count either?
i'm honestly arguing against obama without knowing much about him the same as you!
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-04 22:00:22  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
and what the hell excelior?
does him being a state senator from 97-04 not count either?
i'm honestly arguing against obama without knowing much about him the same as you!
Ok my show is over now, I haven't even gotten to that yet, lol!
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-04 22:00:37  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
do you actually have the degree or are you taking classes? and what school are you going to?

I have a BS in political science and one class away from another one in law. When I'm 35 and old enough to be president then I will have the same educational qualifications as him. Oh and I'm on the student government just like him. I'm also in the International Model United Nations Conference. I actually have had more leadership than him during my time in school. What school I go to doesn't matter. Knowledge is knowledge regardless of what you get it, I think its *** delusional to think the Ivy League is any better of a school. I don't think I'll ever be qualified to be president because I don't think I'll be in a critical leadership position such as governor.
 Asura.Baroma
サーバ: Asura
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2010-11-04 22:01:17  
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Asura.Baroma said:

To be honest, we don't need a 3rd party. Please if can read this speech from Reagan in 1977. This is what we are facing still today.CPAC speech