Dad Confronts Abortion Protesters

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Dad Confronts Abortion Protesters
Dad Confronts Abortion Protesters
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Fenrir.Weewoo
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-10-26 17:50:59  
Hard to take anyone seriously when their only rebuttal are including the words stupid, *** and troll every other sentence.
 Cerberus.Vaness
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-10-26 17:52:01  
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Hard to take anyone seriously when their only rebuttal are including the words stupid, *** and troll every other sentence.
like you just did?!
 Phoenix.Excelior
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-26 17:52:29  
Fenrir.Weewoo said:

I post many pages worth of legitimate argumetns in most threads, but I'm tired of arguing with the guy ebcause he never reads anything. You can't argue with ryan, he is ALWAYS RIGHT FOREVER.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-10-26 17:53:10  
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
like you just did?!
oh snap?
is it ok if i hit on you now? because humor gets me all hot and bothered.

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:

I post many pages worth of legitimate argumetns in most threads, but I'm tired of arguing with the guy ebcause he never reads anything. You can't argue with ryan, he is ALWAYS RIGHT FOREVER.
I honestly think your first thing to work on should be making those pages worth of arguments in more maintainable packages.
brevity is the soul of wit my good sir! :D

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-10-26 17:54:48  
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
like you just did?!

If you can quote me on such a post where I made such an example without edit, I will happily eat my words.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-10-26 17:55:13  
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
like you just did?!

If you can quote me on such a post where I made such an example without edit, I will happily eat my words.
/WOOOSH

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-10-26 17:56:44  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
like you just did?!

/WOOOSH

I don't take well to retorts in the likeness of a 4th grader.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-10-26 17:56:58  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
LMAO is there so many more girls then guy born? I dunno every1 is having baby boys around here lately
I was speaking about the ratio in the world, not your around the corner lol.
So where did you found that ratio? I'm curious
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-10-26 17:57:19  
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
like you just did?!

/WOOOSH

I don't take well to retorts in the likeness of a 4th grader.
that's what she said.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-10-26 17:58:57  

Well, was fun discussing with you guys. Gonna get ready for work.
Later~
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-10-26 18:00:00  

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
like you just did?!

Are you that dense?
like a forest.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-10-26 18:03:16  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Cerberus.Vaness said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
like you just did?!

Are you that dense?
like a forest.
lmao I like your sense of humor
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-10-26 18:04:02  
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Cerberus.Vaness said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
like you just did?!

Are you that dense?
like a forest.
lmao I like your sense of humor
you should try out my sense of taste. it's pretty good too.

anyhoo.
/endthread
/startthread
back to the OP:
I honestly would have done the same as the husband but I doubt I would have handled it as well as he did...
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-10-26 18:04:59  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Internet says hi lol, but if you demand an example look at Brazil with a ratio of 9 women for every 1 man.
well on a good side, guys has more woman to cheat on their wife with? lol

PS I'm not saying all guys cheat on their woman, just making an inside joke ;p
 Caitsith.Raolin
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Raolin
By Caitsith.Raolin 2010-10-26 18:12:57  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
LMAO is there so many more girls then guy born? I dunno every1 is having baby boys around here lately
I was speaking about the ratio in the world, not your around the corner lol.
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Internet says hi lol, but if you demand an example look at Brazil with a ratio of 9 women for every 1 man.
You said you're talking about the ratio in the world, but then give an example of just one country. What is the ratio in the world? I only searched for a couple of minutes but I couldn't find it.

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Raolin
user: Raolin
By Caitsith.Raolin 2010-10-26 18:22:24  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
~2 women for every 1 man is the current ratio of the world; I shoulda put the actual ratio instead of one country, but 9 to 1 is just insane lol ><;
Yeah I agree, 9 to 1 is pretty crazy. 2 to 1 is pretty crazy too though, in the grand scheme of things. I figured it would be even less than that.
 Cerberus.Nutt
user: zuriel
By Cerberus.Nutt 2010-10-26 18:34:36  
Cerberus.Nutt said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Cerberus.Nutt said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Cerberus.Nutt said:
Can the Doctors 100% guarantee that stillborn = dead? When James Brown was born, he appeared to be stillborn. They kept trying to get him to breathe and he eventually did. Good thing that he did too. Hellen Keller, you might know her story, was born deaf and blind. People need to let life run its course and stop being so quick to abort based on information that a doctor gives. I am 100% against abortion, but that's the mother's job to decide and not mine.
I'm curious if you would feel the same about it if you were put in a similar circumstance as the father in the video. Would you let your morals interfere with the quality of life with your own child?
I'm a woman, so I will never be a father. If I were to ever get pregnant, then I'd have my baby and deal with whatever comes.
I admire your consistency. But we'll have to see when such a circumstance comes into actuality. Best of luck to you~

Thanks. I would take what the doctors say into advisement, but I will never abort a child I was carrying based on what they say. Even if I were raped, found out that I was pregnant, and contracted HIV from said rape.. I'd still have the child.

As for the protesting, they have constitutional rights to be there. The father also has a constitutional right to be there to disagree and the Police have a right to lock both of them up if a fight breaks out.

Oh, that is nice you can have a good chance of bringing a child into the world with HIV/AIDS to watch them suffer and die for a few years. Great way to spend money, grief, and depression in the world if you ask me!

What makes you so against abortion that you are willing to risk giving HIV to your baby just to give birth and not abort?

I'm against abortion because to ME it's wrong. Period. Others have the right to do whatever they see fit in their situation. As for me, it's a no.

I also have a chance to bring a baby into the world that's not HIV positive. There are HIV positive mothers who have done so.
 Cerberus.Nutt
By Cerberus.Nutt 2010-10-26 18:36:15  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Cerberus.Nutt said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Cerberus.Nutt said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Cerberus.Nutt said:
Can the Doctors 100% guarantee that stillborn = dead? When James Brown was born, he appeared to be stillborn. They kept trying to get him to breathe and he eventually did. Good thing that he did too. Hellen Keller, you might know her story, was born deaf and blind. People need to let life run its course and stop being so quick to abort based on information that a doctor gives. I am 100% against abortion, but that's the mother's job to decide and not mine.
I'm curious if you would feel the same about it if you were put in a similar circumstance as the father in the video. Would you let your morals interfere with the quality of life with your own child?
I'm a woman, so I will never be a father. If I were to ever get pregnant, then I'd have my baby and deal with whatever comes.
I admire your consistency. But we'll have to see when such a circumstance comes into actuality. Best of luck to you~

Thanks. I would take what the doctors say into advisement, but I will never abort a child I was carrying based on what they say. Even if I were raped, found out that I was pregnant, and contracted HIV from said rape.. I'd still have the child.

***!

You don't know me very well. Let's keep it that way.
 Cerberus.Nutt
By Cerberus.Nutt 2010-10-26 18:45:53  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Cerberus.Nutt said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Cerberus.Nutt said:

How about situations where if they don't take the baby out(and the baby is likely dead or going to die), then the mother has a high probability of death during childbirth? What would you choose in that situation?

Come up with whatever scenarios you'd like. If I'm dealt this hand, I'd have to play it to the end.

It's not worth living if I can't sleep at night knowing that I've had this procedure done. I could never forgive myself. That's' how I feel about it.
 Phoenix.Excelior
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-26 19:00:44  
WHO HAS ABORTIONS?
•At least 80% of all abortions are performed on unmarried women (CDC).
•The abortion ratio for unmarried women is 510 abortions for every 1,000 live births. For married women it is 61 abortions for every 1,000 live births (CDC).

•Women between the ages of 20-24 obtained 33% of all abortions (CDC).
•50% of U.S. women obtaining abortions are younger than 25; women aged 20-24 obtain 33% of all U.S. abortions and teenagers obtain 17% (AGI).

•Adolescents under 15 years obtained less than 1% of all abortions, but have the highest abortion ratio, 773 abortions for every 1,000 live births (CDC).

•47% of women who have abortions had at least one previous abortion (AGI).

•Black women are more than 4.8 times more likely than non-Hispanic white women to have an abortion, and Hispanic women are 2.7 times as likely (AGI).

WHY ARE ABORTIONS PERFORMED?
•On average, women give at least 3 reasons for choosing abortion: 3/4 say that having a baby would interfere with work, school or other responsibilities; about 3/4 say they cannot afford a child; and 1/2 say they do not want to be a single parent or are having problems with their husband or partner (AGI).
WHEN DO ABORTIONS OCCUR?
•88% of all abortions happen during the first trimester, prior to the 13th week (AGI/CDC).
HOW ARE ABORTIONS PERFORMED?
•Medical abortions make up approximately 10% of all abortions reported (CDC).

This report is incredibly disturbing.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-10-26 19:07:15  
he needs an award for confronting these stupid anti-abortion *** and put them in their place.

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-10-26 21:44:36  
I feel like reading Vaness' posts make me overestimate myself.

Fortunately, Jaerik's posts are the inverse of this.
 Caitsith.Zabimaru
user: Zabimaru
By Caitsith.Zabimaru 2010-10-27 04:33:16  
Personally, despite not being religious at all, I'm really not a big fan of abortion. I think people need to be more responsible with regards to sex.

That being said, I'm pro-choice. I never feel it's appropriate to push your opinions onto others, especially when it come to a subject such as this one. Each situation is different and you can't just judge them all the same. Many abortion cases involve rape, incest, genetic disorders. In such cases it's pretty difficult, at least for me, to say that abortion is wrong. If your fetus is diagnosed with Tay-Sachs for example and you know that your baby will suffer terribly and surely be dead by age 4, wouldn't it be best to avoid it the suffering altogether? The Dad is right, for a lot of women it's not an easy choice or something they take lightly, it's a truly devastating decision and they will think of their unborn child almost every day, for the rest of their lives. As such, they really don't need the extra aggravation these extremist protestors subject them to as they're going in to get the procedure done.

Now, on the flip side, in the case of women who just don't want a kid right now and don't think they can deal with it financially or emotionally, there's always adoption. Plenty of families that are unable to have kids are looking for babies to adopt. Something to consider before turning to abortion.

To me these pro-life people should devote their energy to something more useful to their cause like getting rights for fathers of unborn children, which as a guy is something I believe in. Guys have no rights when it comes to their unborn child, if the mother wants to get an abortion, she does not need the father's consent, even if he wants to keep the baby to raise it himself. In a consensual relationship I really don't think it's fair, it takes 2 people to make a baby after all and both should have a say in such a matter in my opinion. There are responsible guys out there, who would gladly raise their kids if they were allowed to.

Just my 2 cents, sorry if it was long.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8