Dad Confronts Abortion Protesters

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Dad Confronts Abortion Protesters
Dad Confronts Abortion Protesters
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Titan.Wombat
サーバ: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Wombat
By Titan.Wombat 2010-10-26 14:53:25  
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:

Luke 6:37: Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

That passage is by no means hidden or obscure.. and it clearly states it's not anyone's place to judge their fellow man, it doesn't add in circumstances when it's okay, it says NOT to judge, plain and simple.

Jesus said that. Verses like that in the New Testament carry the most weight in how his followers are supposed to live. He even said it while he was preaching (meaning he wasn't speaking in parable or using figurative language).

I went to a Christian college. There was a Planned Parenthood (abortion clinic) across the street from the Chapel/Theology building. When protesters showed up, a lot of the students in the Theology department would make lunches for them. They'd spend the afternoon sitting and eating with them and explaining why they would like for them to stop what they were doing.
[+]
 Fenrir.Weewoo
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-10-26 14:57:22  

The angry Christians are down rating us!
We must repent, amirite?
[+]
 Cerberus.Nutt
サーバ: Cerberus
user: zuriel
By Cerberus.Nutt 2010-10-26 14:57:37  
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Cerberus.Nutt said:
Can the Doctors 100% guarantee that stillborn = dead? When James Brown was born, he appeared to be stillborn. They kept trying to get him to breathe and he eventually did. Good thing that he did too. Hellen Keller, you might know her story, was born deaf and blind. People need to let life run its course and stop being so quick to abort based on information that a doctor gives. I am 100% against abortion, but that's the mother's job to decide and not mine.
I'm curious if you would feel the same about it if you were put in a similar circumstance as the father in the video. Would you let your morals interfere with the quality of life with your own child?

I'm a woman, so I will never be a father. If I were to ever get pregnant, then I'd have my baby and deal with whatever comes.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-10-26 14:58:33  
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
I love this HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE line of thinking.. Everyone of these asshats that are busy preaching and judging everyone else are guilty of plenty of sin themselves, somehow they think converting someone else, forgives their own transgressions.

I'm Atheist but I seem to know their rules better then they know them their selves.

Luke 6:37: Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

That passage is by no means hidden or obscure.. and it clearly states it's not anyone's place to judge their fellow man, it doesn't add in circumstances when it's okay, it says NOT to judge, plain and simple.

Being Christian doesn't mean it's your duty to find other people's sin and point it out to them and beseech them to change, it's simply your job to follow the teachings of The Bible, and no where in there does it tell you to judge others, nor try to convert them.

That guy has more restraint then I have, I would have probably kicked those *** in the face for putting my wife in even more distress then she is already in. It's every woman's right and decision as to whether or not to get an abortion. I'm not even against it if the baby is healthy.. Having grown up without my parents, sometimes I wish they would have just had an abortion instead of going through with giving birth only to abandon me.

Not having your parents around when you're a child *** you up more then you might imagine.. I can't even begin to tell you how bad. Constantly wondering what was so wrong with you that your own parents didn't even want you.. It's horrible. Eventually when you get older the thoughts fade away, but the scars never do.

Quote:
Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven
Too many different interpretations of this.
You used a simplified interpretation.
I don't give a ***if I'm judged if I'm right :P
It doesn't mean don't judge people...it means keep in mind when you judge people that you are going to be judged as well.
durkadurrr.

Cerberus.Nutt said:
I'm a woman, so I will never be a father. If I were to ever get pregnant, then I'd have my baby and deal with whatever comes.
Even if you have an unborn child that is definitely going to die?
More complications than you'd think having a child stillborn.
Like illness and death are a good example.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-10-26 14:59:21  
Cerberus.Nutt said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Cerberus.Nutt said:
Can the Doctors 100% guarantee that stillborn = dead? When James Brown was born, he appeared to be stillborn. They kept trying to get him to breathe and he eventually did. Good thing that he did too. Hellen Keller, you might know her story, was born deaf and blind. People need to let life run its course and stop being so quick to abort based on information that a doctor gives. I am 100% against abortion, but that's the mother's job to decide and not mine.
I'm curious if you would feel the same about it if you were put in a similar circumstance as the father in the video. Would you let your morals interfere with the quality of life with your own child?

I admire your consistency. But we'll have to see when such a circumstance comes into actuality. Best of luck to you~

Post deleted by User.
 Alexander.Gib
サーバ: Alexander
user: Gib
By Alexander.Gib 2010-10-26 15:02:53  
it's easy as hell for protesters to complain about something that really doesn't effect them.

So easy to say 'Well you shouldn't do that, god wants it to happen this way' when your life or well being of yourself or people that you love isn't on the line and the outcome doesn't effect the person in the slightest

Ignorance, plain and simple.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zanno
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-26 15:03:17  
I think that everyone who is filthy rich should give me 50% of all their money. If I were them I would totally give 50% of everything I own to someone like me.

^
Statement to make me look better than I am, and that I most likely never have to prove.
 Asura.Kosmik
サーバ: Asura
user: HydroFoxx
By Asura.Kosmik 2010-10-26 15:04:43  
*** would have got that video camera shoved down his throat.
Different story if they approached him.
They wanna stand on the side of the road holding signs, whatever.
You wanna kill a fetus, whatever.
Mind your business.
 Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-10-26 15:06:32  
I think part of the problem is lack of understanding in the purpose and process of such a thing. Too many simply see what they want to on paper and act upon it like fools.

Example:

Yeah, cause stem-cell research = eating babies for our selfish purposes.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-26 15:16:51  
Asura.Kosmik said:
Mind your business.

They didn't really mind their own business by protesting against something that had nothing to do with them, did they?

Obviously "god" gave man the ability to think for themselves, and to evolve, and research. "God" wanted man to find out about abortion. If he didnt like abortion, he wouldn't have made it possible.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-10-26 15:17:56  
Mind your own business actually is pretty good advice for most people lol.
too bad it was used with a slanter.
 Titan.Wombat
サーバ: Titan
user: Wombat
By Titan.Wombat 2010-10-26 15:20:48  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Quote:
Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven
It doesn't mean don't judge people...it means keep in mind when you judge people that you are going to be judged as well.
durkadurrr.

You're partially right, in that the saying is meant to be general wisdom, not a command. He was speaking against the messages of legalism and condemnation that came from the Pharisees. Later on he elaborates by saying "Why do you see the speck in your neighbor's eye, but do not notice the log in your own eye?" (Luke 6:41) The point is, that Christians were not supposed to follow the same legalistic mindset as Pharisees because it leads to hypocrisy.

The passage definitely applies here. These ladies called out other people and eventually it came back around on them. Whether you call it karma, or God, or common sense, or whatever.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-10-26 15:26:18  
Titan.Wombat said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Quote:
durkadurrr.

You're partially right, in that the saying is meant to be general wisdom, not a command. He was speaking against the messages of legalism and condemnation that came from the Pharisees. Later on he elaborates by saying "Why do you see the speck in your neighbor's eye, but do not notice the log in your own eye?" (Luke 6:41) The point is, that Christians were not supposed to follow the same legalistic mindset as Pharisees because it leads to hypocrisy.

The passage definitely applies here. These ladies called out other people and eventually it came back around on them. Whether you call it karma, or God, or common sense, or whatever.
I think it just bugged me that he was trying to make it seem like it was dealing it absolutes.
I myself accept hypocrisy.
human nature..etc :D
 Cerberus.Nutt
user: zuriel
By Cerberus.Nutt 2010-10-26 15:27:50  
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Cerberus.Nutt said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Cerberus.Nutt said:
I admire your consistency. But we'll have to see when such a circumstance comes into actuality. Best of luck to you~

Thanks. I would take what the doctors say into advisement, but I will never abort a child I was carrying based on what they say. Even if I were raped, found out that I was pregnant, and contracted HIV from said rape.. I'd still have the child.

As for the protesting, they have constitutional rights to be there. The father also has a constitutional right to be there to disagree and the Police have a right to lock both of them up if a fight breaks out.

[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-10-26 15:37:02  
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Asura.Kosmik said:
Mind your business.

They didn't really mind their own business by protesting against something that had nothing to do with them, did they?

Obviously "god" gave man the ability to think for themselves, and to evolve, and research. "God" wanted man to find out about abortion. If he didnt like abortion, he wouldn't have made it possible.

and sadly man has completely failed at this whole thinking thing..
 Asura.Kosmik
サーバ: Asura
user: HydroFoxx
By Asura.Kosmik 2010-10-26 15:37:25  
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Looked to me like their business was standing on the side of the road holding signs.
Asura.Kosmik said:

Ragnarok.Zanno said:
You don't have to believe in any god(s) to be against taking an innocent life.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-10-26 15:40:03  
wait wait wait, where are people getting that hellen keller was born deaf and blind? she was born healthy, but then got sick when she was 19mo which resulted in her becoming death and blind..
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-26 15:42:42  
Asura.Kosmik said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Looked to me like their business was standing on the side of the road holding signs.
Asura.Kosmik said:

Ragnarok.Zanno said:
You don't have to believe in any god(s) to be against taking an innocent life.

Tell me what "their business" is outside an abortion clinic unless they are doing an abortion. They are there to provoke, nothing else.

And who are you to decide what is right or wrong when it comes to other people?
 Caitsith.Raolin
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Raolin
By Caitsith.Raolin 2010-10-26 15:43:06  
Asura.Kosmik said:
*** would have got that video camera shoved down his throat. Different story if they approached him. They wanna stand on the side of the road holding signs, whatever. You wanna kill a fetus, whatever. Mind your business.
I think the point was they did approach him. He said in the vid that they were yelling at his wife. I tend to look at what you said from a different angle, you wanna stand on the side of the road yelling at people, deal with it when they confront you.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-10-26 15:57:44  
Caitsith.Raolin said:
Asura.Kosmik said:
*** would have got that video camera shoved down his throat. Different story if they approached him. They wanna stand on the side of the road holding signs, whatever. You wanna kill a fetus, whatever. Mind your business.
I think the point was they did approach him. He said in the vid that they were yelling at his wife. I tend to look at what you said from a different angle, you wanna stand on the side of the road yelling at people, deal with it when they confront you.
Probably something along the lines of "ABORTION IS MURDER YOU ARE GOING TO HELL...ETC"
 Bismarck.Osaia
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2010-10-26 15:58:38  
After watching, I agree with the guy, but what stood out most was the FACTS that the ladies were stating. Do you know how many women commit suicide after an abortion? Yes, I can imagine. Someone shouting and making me feel like ***over something that I may have had to do...I imagine why they'd kill themselves.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-26 16:06:18  
Cerberus.Nutt said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Cerberus.Nutt said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Cerberus.Nutt said:

Thanks. I would take what the doctors say into advisement, but I will never abort a child I was carrying based on what they say. Even if I were raped, found out that I was pregnant, and contracted HIV from said rape.. I'd still have the child.

***!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Excelior
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-26 16:10:21  
Too bad the bible says not to judge others which is what those Christians are doing.

Also says that if you accept jesus you arent going to hell. So.... yea you could have 200 abortions and still go to heaven according to the bible so they don't even know their own religion.

Bible also says to honor the laws of your country. This means guess what, if its legal to have an abortion you shouldnt interfere.

I really hate dumb christians.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8