First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Phoenix.Excelior
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-25 12:19:36  
Here are some statistics about the Tea Party:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20002529-503544.html

What is everyone's opinion on this movement? I'm socially liberal, financially conservative republican and I think they're a bunch of mindless idiots who have no understanding of the economy.

I'm just curious what most people think of them and why.

inb4 troll.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Pud
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Pud
By Lakshmi.Pud 2010-10-25 12:22:53  
I find it very useful, especially for timing my weaponskills.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-10-25 12:31:32  
"Good in premise."

Good in premise that I really think we need a third party.

Horrible because it's morons running it.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-25 12:34:06  
I thought this was about a real British tea party.

I am disappoint.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-10-25 12:37:02  
Republicans are at it again.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-25 12:37:58  
Tea party is basically like this. A bunch of people who are legitimately angry with the state of things. However, the majority of them have little to no understanding of how anything with government works.

They aren't very organized, as they have different branches all over. Not to say that this causes them to be unorganized, but they have no core ideas collectively. They really don't have any kind of central idea or philosophy as small groups either. The only thing uniting them is anger.

Definitely brainwashed by republicans who bash anything and everything democrats have to say. Definitely being used a as political tool for any republican's agenda.

Very hypocritically to say the least. Take for instance the one candidate who dabbled in witchcraft. They get so mad about calling her a witch, yet insisted Obama is a Muslim. Talk about a double standard. Definitely a republican double standard at that.

These people seem to forget how much misery G.W. Bush brought to America over his 8 years. All they want to do is follow the loudest and the most obnoxious republicans to bash whatever they bash.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-10-25 12:39:53  
Party based politics is a broken system and adding a 3rd party won't really make much of a difference as to how broken it is, hasn't in years.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-25 12:51:59  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Tea party is basically like this. A bunch of people who are legitimately angry with the state of things. However, the majority of them have little to no understanding of how anything with government works. They aren't very organized, as they have different branches all over. Not to say that this causes them to be unorganized, but they have no core ideas collectively. They really don't have any kind of central idea or philosophy as small groups either. The only thing uniting them is anger. Definitely brainwashed by republicans who bash anything and everything democrats have to say. Definitely being used a as political tool for any republican's agenda. Very hypocritically to say the least. Take for instance the one candidate who dabbled in witchcraft. They get so mad about calling her a witch, yet insisted Obama is a Muslim. Talk about a double standard. Definitely a republican double standard at that. These people seem to forget how much misery G.W. Bush brought to America over his 8 years. All they want to do is follow the loudest and the most obnoxious republicans to bash whatever they bash.

Don't bash republicans. There are lot of us who are well educated and are tired of the traditional gay, lesbian, abortion, politics. Being republican doesn't have to be a sign of intolerence anymore if younger republicans step up and take the lead. Having said that, we republicans need to condemn idiots like Rush, Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, Chris Christie, and Christine Odonald. I'm tired of looking like a bigot because we have a few retards in our party.
[+]
 Cerberus.Nutt
サーバ: Cerberus
user: zuriel
By Cerberus.Nutt 2010-10-25 12:54:33  
They're white. They're older. And they're angry.

Next?

Source: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20002529-503544.html
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-25 12:54:45  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Tea party is basically like this. A bunch of people who are legitimately angry with the state of things. However, the majority of them have little to no understanding of how anything with government works. They aren't very organized, as they have different branches all over. Not to say that this causes them to be unorganized, but they have no core ideas collectively. They really don't have any kind of central idea or philosophy as small groups either. The only thing uniting them is anger. Definitely brainwashed by republicans who bash anything and everything democrats have to say. Definitely being used a as political tool for any republican's agenda. Very hypocritically to say the least. Take for instance the one candidate who dabbled in witchcraft. They get so mad about calling her a witch, yet insisted Obama is a Muslim. Talk about a double standard. Definitely a republican double standard at that. These people seem to forget how much misery G.W. Bush brought to America over his 8 years. All they want to do is follow the loudest and the most obnoxious republicans to bash whatever they bash.

Don't bash republicans. There are lot of us who are well educated and are tired of the traditional gay, lesbian, abortion, politics. Being republican doesn't have to be a sign of intolerence anymore if younger republicans step up and take the lead. Having said that, we republicans need to condemn idiots like Rush, Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, Chris Christie, and Christine Odonald. I'm tired of looking like a bigot because we have a few retards in our party.
so basically you're bigots who don't want to be shown for being bigots so you want to get rid of the obvious bigots? Republicans need to *** die.
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
サーバ: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-10-25 12:57:01  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
What is everyone's opinion on this movement? I'm socially liberal, financially conservative republican and I think they're a bunch of mindless idiots who have no understanding of the economy.

I'm just curious what most people think of them and why.

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Don't bash republicans.There are lot of us who are well educated and are tired of the traditional gay, lesbian, abortion, politics. Being republican doesn't have to be a sign of intolerence anymore if younger republicans step up and take the lead. Having said that, we republicans need to condemn idiots like Rush, Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, Chris Christie, and Christine Odonald. I'm tired of looking like a bigot because we have a few retards in our party

Not gonna get into the political debate.
Just want to state you can't come out of the door bashing a movement, then yell at someone for bashing you own.

It's called a "Double Standard"

just sayin.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-10-25 12:58:48  
I could get behind a party that professes to be socially liberal and fiscally conservative. But every Tea Party candidate on the ballot right now is extremely socially conservative, so if actions speak louder than words, the Tea Party clearly isn't it.

They have no plan for cutting federal spending. They've promised not to cut Medicare, Social Security, Medicaid, the war on terror, or defense spending, which make up most of the federal budget. So it's hard to take them seriously.

Let us not forget many of the things they are most upset about -- bank bailouts, auto industry bailouts, most of the deficit, most of the high unemployment, etc -- happened before Obama was even inaugurated.

This isn't anything new. It's a group of lifelong Republicans (96% of them voted for McCain) who are angry as hell, and deservedly so. There's a lot to be angry at Obama for. But many, through a campaign of misinformation combined with only paying attention to politics recently, are being manipulated by the Republican power structure into voting back in the exact same *** responsible for a great deal of this mess in the first place.
[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-25 12:59:37  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
so basically you're bigots who don't want to be shown for being bigots so you want to get rid of the obvious bigots? Republicans need to *** die.

These are my political views:

Social:
-For Gay marriage
-Pro-Choice(within reason)
-Against repealing don't ask don't tell
-Against forced school prayer
-For Affirmative action that has no quotas or set asides

Economic:
-Against bail outs
-Raising social security age
-Lowering taxes on middle class
-For extended unemployement insurance
-Against healthcare insurance reform
-Against Tort-Reform

Yea, Id like to know where in that list I'm bigotted? I'd say I'm pretty *** tolerant. The only person here who seems to be narrow-minded is you jet. Big *** surprise.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-10-25 13:00:23  
I was about to say, "For ***'s sake, this is all opinions!" Then I realized that's the question. Damn it.

I don't know, as a basic rule I want less government involvement - frivolous laws make me sick, health care reform is gross, etc. And I would like lower taxes - I can't afford to go to school, I also don't qualify for federal aid - WTF? The Tea Party in general gets a lot of flack, and they earned a lot. But there's also a lot of unfair criticism, too.

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Very hypocritically to say the least. Take for instance the one candidate who dabbled in witchcraft. They get so mad about calling her a witch, yet insisted Obama is a Muslim. Talk about a double standard. Definitely a republican double standard at that.

I don't deny they exist, but this isn't like any kind of tenet of their beliefs, nor have I met anyone who would identify themselves as a Tea Partier who thinks this way. This is just like saying Democrats think Republicans are all inbred hicks, or saying that Republicans think that all Democrats are homosexual baby killers.

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
These people seem to forget how much misery G.W. Bush brought to America over his 8 years. All they want to do is follow the loudest and the most obnoxious republicans to bash whatever they bash.

Also, a distaste for George Bush is what I've encountered with the Tea Party. Bush wasn't exactly the picture of fiscal conservatism or limited government - sort of the cornerstones of the movement. Although if given a choice between Bush and Obama, most would choose Bush.

Again in general, I think that I am the person best suited to make the decisions that effect my life. Many of the changes I've seen in recent years are making those decisions for me. As for economics, particularly on a huge scale, I don't understand that fully. But it doesn't take a whole lot of understanding to realize that continuing on this path (the path we've been on for as long as I can remember) is not going to work. (I think it would be a really difficult task to explain to me why spending 30% + on national debt interest is an acceptable thing. That sort of thing.)

PS: Is a "republican double standard" just like any other double standard, but worse, because you are more liberal than conservative?

:P
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-10-25 13:01:35  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

you are in no party.
you associate yourself with a party.
but that's about it :D
 Phoenix.Mogue
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-10-25 13:01:50  
neopuritans
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-25 13:13:00  
Phoenix.Excelior said:

I love the fact you added Christie into that mix. <3
I voted libertarian for that election.

It's hard not to sound like a republican bashing liberal, but in all honestly they are guilty of the same tactics.

There are a lot of democrats I don't like either. Pelosi and Gore spring to mind right away.

The sad fact is the system needs some major retooling.

In the 2000 election, no way would I vote for Al Gore. So sadly the lesser of the two evils was G.W. Bush.

Just like 2004, and just like 2008. John Kerry as president?! GTFO! However, McCain wouldn't have been that bad, but Sarah Palin is what killed it.

Fenrir.Terminus said:

Leviathan.Chaosx said:

I don't deny they exist, but this isn't like any kind of tenet of their beliefs, nor have I met anyone who would identify themselves as a Tea Partier who thinks this way. This is just like saying Democrats think Republicans are all inbred hicks, or saying that Republicans think that all Democrats are homosexual baby killers.

PS: Is a "republican double standard" just like any other double standard, but worse, because you are more liberal than conservative?

:P
You would surprised to know how many people think Obama is Muslim. Read the comments on Yahoo sometimes, it really sickens me.

And yeah a double is a double standard. I'm just pissed off at republicans atm.

BTW: I'm a registered Independent. The democrats are starting to bother me a little now too.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-25 13:13:37  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

These are my political views:

Social:
-For Gay marriage
-Pro-Choice(within reason)
-Against repealing don't ask don't tell
-Against forced school prayer
-For Affirmative action that has no quotas or set asides

Economic:
-Against bail outs
-Raising social security age
-Lowering taxes on middle class
-For extended unemployement insurance
-Against healthcare insurance reform
-Against Tort-Reform

Yea, Id like to know where in that list I'm bigotted? I'd say I'm pretty *** tolerant. The only person here who seems to be narrow-minded is you jet. Big *** surprise.

I was speaking of republicans in general, not just you.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-25 13:14:28  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
These are my political views: Social: -For Gay marriage -Pro-Choice(within reason) -Against repealing don't ask don't tell -Against forced school prayer -For Affirmative action that has no quotas or set asides Economic: -Against bail outs -Raising social security age -Lowering taxes on middle class -For extended unemployement insurance -Against healthcare insurance reform -Against Tort-Reform Yea, Id like to know where in that list I'm bigotted? I'd say I'm pretty *** tolerant. The only person here who seems to be narrow-minded is you jet. Big *** surprise.

Oh so a general, broad, sweeping, statement is less bigotted than a narrow specific statement?
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-25 13:18:10  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
These are my political views: Social: -For Gay marriage -Pro-Choice(within reason) -Against repealing don't ask don't tell -Against forced school prayer -For Affirmative action that has no quotas or set asides Economic: -Against bail outs -Raising social security age -Lowering taxes on middle class -For extended unemployement insurance -Against healthcare insurance reform -Against Tort-Reform Yea, Id like to know where in that list I'm bigotted? I'd say I'm pretty *** tolerant. The only person here who seems to be narrow-minded is you jet. Big *** surprise.

Oh so a general, broad, sweeping, statement is less bigotted than a narrow specific statement?
no they are just opposite sides of the same statement, you say they aren't all inbreed retards, and I say for the most part, they are.
[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-25 13:19:37  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
no they are just opposite sides of the same statement, you say they aren't all inbreed retards, and I say for the most part, they are.

I'm saying that people are individuals and should be counted accordingly.
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
サーバ: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-10-25 13:19:54  
Phoenix.Excelior said:

As I said above...

Phoenix.Excelior said:

You're doing it yourself :(

Don't have double standards.

Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-25 13:21:52  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
I could get behind a party that professes to be socially liberal and fiscally conservative. But every Tea Party candidate on the ballot right now is extremely socially conservative, so if actions speak louder than words, the Tea Party clearly isn't it.

They have no plan for cutting federal spending. They've promised not to cut Medicare, Social Security, Medicaid, the war on terror, or defense spending, which make up most of the federal budget. So it's hard to take them seriously.

Let us not forget many of the things they are most upset about -- bank bailouts, auto industry bailouts, most of the deficit, most of the high unemployment, etc -- happened before Obama was even inaugurated.

This isn't anything new. It's a group of lifelong Republicans (96% of them voted for McCain) who are angry as hell, and deservedly so. There's a lot to be angry at Obama for. But many, through a campaign of misinformation combined with only paying attention to politics recently, are being manipulated by the Republican power structure into voting back in the exact same *** responsible for a great deal of this mess in the first place.
These shouldn't have happened. This was a huge mistake started by Bush, but signed off by Obama. (Auto one anyway, not sure exactly about the banks.)

Government bailouts shouldn't happen. There's a whole system put in place in the event of a collapse of the big banks. Local credit unions would have then become the normal.

I don't know anyone who's done any rough estimates, but I think it would have been cheaper to pay off the insurance claims of people's bank accounts, then bailing out the banks.
[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-25 13:22:07  
Siren.Kuz said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
As I said above...
Phoenix.Excelior said:
You're doing it yourself :( Don't have double standards.

I'm talking about the people organizing it, not the people participating.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-25 13:23:06  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

I'm saying that people are individuals and should be counted accordingly.
well that's just not how it works, get used to it.
 Titan.Wombat
サーバ: Titan
user: Wombat
By Titan.Wombat 2010-10-25 13:27:37  
^ I seen't it

And it pleased me =D
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9