Game: FFXI
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-10-26 12:22:12  
i think both sides have good ideas and they should both be put into action

unfortunately with politics as they are today that will never happen

By Crighton 2010-10-26 12:23:21  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Crighton said:
I must be a weak minded retard who still clings to his guns and religion.

If you think that republicans/conservatism is the ONLY legitimate solution to a problem then yes :/

There is always more than one solution to the problem, but the trick is to find the one that does the least amount of damage. You want to reduce the deficit and stop illegal immigration? Get rid of income tax, put a 15-20% flat sales tax on products. Illegals don't like paying tax, they'll go home and others will stop coming.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-10-26 12:24:28  
Crighton said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Crighton said:

If you think that republicans/conservatism is the ONLY legitimate solution to a problem then yes :/

There is always more than one solution to the problem, but the trick is to find the one that does the least amount of damage. You want to reduce the deficit and stop illegal immigration? Get rid of income tax, put a 15-20% flat sales tax on products. Illegals don't like paying tax, they'll go home and others will stop coming.
That would kill our economy in some way.
Isn't sales tax more on a state-level?
I'm not too vested in that information so I really don't know.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-10-26 12:25:23  
Crighton said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Crighton said:

i don't know if that will solve the problem

i know some illegals who wouldn't leave if that happens because America is the best place ever to them
 Phoenix.Excelior
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-26 12:26:19  
Crighton said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Crighton said:

I think the 15% VAT would be worse overall than an income tax. It would also choke a company's ability to expand because you're taxing everything it sales at such a high rate. This means profit margins would have to be larger.
By Crighton 2010-10-26 12:29:39  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Crighton said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Crighton said:

I'm in the construction industry, I see so many illegal its not funny. Just this week we got a letter from the IRS stating that some people we wrote checks to aren't registered in the system and we are to notify them and start holding 28% of their weekly pay. We sent out the notices and in return they turned in new papers with new names and new social security numbers. This happens on average twice a year. These people send 90% of their income to Mexico and never pay a dime in tax. You stop this from happening and you'll stop alot of problems.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-10-26 12:33:33  
Crighton said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Crighton said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Crighton said:

I'm in the construction industry, I see so many illegal its not funny. Just this week we got a letter from the IRS stating that some people we wrote checks to aren't registered in the system and we are to notify them and start holding 28% of their weekly pay. We sent out the notices and in return they turned in new papers with new names and new social security numbers. This happens on average twice a year. These people send 90% of their income to Mexico and never pay a dime in tax. You stop this from happening and you'll stop alot of problems.
Lose the illegals and you lose a good deal of that untaxed labor.
Not that the illegals wouldn't learn to adapt.
You should know that they would easily find a way to adapt.
My point is. Either way it's going to be complicated.
You are just simplifying the issue with an answer that you "think" would work. Might look nice but I doubt it'd ever happen and if it did I doubt it would work out very well. We have trouble capping an oil leak and this problem is a lot worse than an oil leak.

Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-26 12:35:02  
Crighton said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Crighton said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Crighton said:

Well if you want to stop illegal imigration you need to do a few things:

1. You need amend the 14th amendment to not protect children of illegals. (So those *** cant come have children here to give them citizenship)

2. You need making wiring money back to mexico illegal. (This means they cant send money back home from jobs and they'd have to physically walk the border)

3. You need to stop giving illegals driver's licenses.

4. You need to stop giving illegals ALL healthcare.

5. We need to help mexico get rid of its drug problem and corruption. If we clean up mexico then people won't be fleeing to our borders in such large numbers.
 Cerberus.Zandra
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-10-26 12:44:01  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Crighton said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Crighton said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Crighton said:

1. You need amend the 14th amendment to not protect children of illegals. (So those *** cant come have children here to give them citizenship)

2. You need making wiring money back to mexico illegal. (This means they cant send money back home from jobs and they'd have to physically walk the border)

5. We need to help mexico get rid of its drug problem and corruption. If we clean up mexico then people won't be fleeing to our borders in such large numbers.

Its much simpler than that, which is why it's such a shame we don't do it at all. All you really need to do is enforce the existing laws and fine companies who actually are hiring illegals.

This would be an incentive against hiring them which is why 95% of them come here to begin with. If there are no jobs for them to take when they get here, then they wouldn't come here in the first place.
By Crighton 2010-10-26 12:54:18  
Cerberus.Zandra said:

Its much simpler than that, which is why it's such a shame we don't do it at all. All you really need to do is enforce the existing laws and fine companies who actually are hiring illegals.

This would be an incentive against hiring them which is why 95% of them come here to begin with. If there are no jobs for them to take when they get here, then they wouldn't come here in the first place.

I have a good friend who came here as a illegal when he was 15, he has since done the paperwork and is a US citizen. He told me once that the real problem comes from lies. One man will come here illegally and write home how good things are and how much money he is making. He lied to them to save face, well that lie prompted 2 more to come, rinse and repeat.
 Cerberus.Zandra
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-10-26 12:55:46  
Crighton said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:

I have a good friend who came here as a illegal when he was 15, he has since done the paperwork and is a US citizen. He told me once that the real problem comes from lies. One man will come here illegally and write home how good things are and how much money he is making. He lied to them to save face, well that lie prompted 2 more to come, rinse and repeat.

Yeah but if you come here seeking employment and cannot find any, why would you stay?
By Crighton 2010-10-26 12:58:09  
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Crighton said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:

Yeah but if you come here seeking employment and cannot find any, why would you stay?

You have to pay the Coyote who smuggled you across, so you work for 25 dollars a day and live in a house with 25 of your closest friends. I've seen it, it does happen. The cost of crossing the border these days is 4k.
 Bismarck.Rinkai
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rin
By Bismarck.Rinkai 2010-10-26 14:01:25  
Unfortunately most people view their political party like a football team, they don't care what the players are doing as long as their team wins.
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
サーバ: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-10-26 14:13:59  
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Crighton said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:

Probably because it's better here than it is there. If you can't find a job, resort to illegal activities. People will do what they must to get by. Most won't stop looking for employment but there are the few that will venture down other avenues.
[+]
By Pawnskipper 2010-10-26 14:59:24  
Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
The Tea Party is the party of lost childhood fantasies and stark paranoia. People who think things "used to be better when I was younger", when in reality, things only "used to be better" for white Christian men. Modern Americans, in general are self-loathing creatures, but too proud to admit their self-hatred. It's easier and more comfortable to misdirect one's anger at someone else, and the easiest "target" for such misguided anger is someone who is "different" from oneself (insert here: immigrants, non-whites, Muslims, gays, etc.). The Tea Party is the cesspool of this collective anger and hatred.

True Strike
This post stands out to me.

OFF TOPIC: Elana, feel like I have killed a big NM with you before, no? The name just hit me. lol
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-26 23:11:03  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Crighton said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Crighton said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Crighton said:

Even from you this is extremely stupid and un-American.

Also the income tax paid by everyday Americans is such a low percentage of the operating budget of society it's in fact HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to *** about it, it's to occupy stupid people who think others who are different than them are the cause of their problems, when in truth it has nothing to do with it. Illegals pay plenty of taxes, and in fact should just be *** left alone, except in the cases of other crimes being committed.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2010-10-26 23:39:28  
I'm pretty uneducated about the whole illegals in America, but as far as taxes go I guess you could say they pay sales tax and maybe property taxes? Other than that what taxes do they pay?

From what little I know and hear illegals in America is kind of like a double edged sword. They take up a lot of the low paying jobs that no one really wants to do and that no American Citizen would do for so little. On the other hand they become a drain on the medical system (by far not the only one) and the public schooling system. I'm sure they do contribute in some ways as I'm sure they get benefits that they don't really pay for. Its possible you could apply that last statement to some American Citizens.

I would like to know if there are any other taxes they pay or contributions they make to society as a whole. There are more ways than contributing through taxes alone. Does anyone actually know statistacally how much illegals benefit/drain/contribute to the states or a good site where I can find information?

As for the Tea Party Movement, they seem to be another group of the same old thing with a new face. Politics is politics. I think some mean well but have to sell their soul at times to get anything done on the hill. and well you all know the rest.....
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-26 23:43:58  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Crighton said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Crighton said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Crighton said:
Well if you want to stop illegal imigration you need to do a few things: 1. You need amend the 14th amendment to not protect children of illegals. (So those *** cant come have children here to give them citizenship) 2. You need making wiring money back to mexico illegal. (This means they cant send money back home from jobs and they'd have to physically walk the border) 3. You need to stop giving illegals driver's licenses. 4. You need to stop giving illegals ALL healthcare. 5. We need to help mexico get rid of its drug problem and corruption. If we clean up mexico then people won't be fleeing to our borders in such large numbers.
Even from you this is extremely stupid and un-American. Also the income tax paid by everyday Americans is such a low percentage of the operating budget of society it's in fact HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to *** about it, it's to occupy stupid people who think others who are different than them are the cause of their problems, when in truth it has nothing to do with it. Illegals pay plenty of taxes, and in fact should just be *** left alone, except in the cases of other crimes being committed.

How is it unamerican? Why should we protect people who are breaking into the law and damaging our country? I don't see how the *** you can defend people who are hurting you. The only real way to stop illegal immigration is to fix mexico's problems.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-26 23:47:07  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Crighton said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Crighton said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Crighton said:
Well if you want to stop illegal imigration you need to do a few things: 1. You need amend the 14th amendment to not protect children of illegals. (So those *** cant come have children here to give them citizenship) 2. You need making wiring money back to mexico illegal. (This means they cant send money back home from jobs and they'd have to physically walk the border) 3. You need to stop giving illegals driver's licenses. 4. You need to stop giving illegals ALL healthcare. 5. We need to help mexico get rid of its drug problem and corruption. If we clean up mexico then people won't be fleeing to our borders in such large numbers.
Even from you this is extremely stupid and un-American. Also the income tax paid by everyday Americans is such a low percentage of the operating budget of society it's in fact HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to *** about it, it's to occupy stupid people who think others who are different than them are the cause of their problems, when in truth it has nothing to do with it. Illegals pay plenty of taxes, and in fact should just be *** left alone, except in the cases of other crimes being committed.

How is it unamerican? Why should we protect people who are breaking into the law and damaging our country? I don't see how the *** you can defend people who are hurting you. The only real way to stop illegal immigration is to fix mexico's problems.

the last part of this statement from you is accurate however you're wrong with the rest, illegal immigration isn't hurting me at all, I promise you that.
edit: also your idea to alter the 14th amendment is indeed, unamerican.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-26 23:50:54  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Crighton said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Crighton said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Crighton said:
the last part of this statement from you is accurate however you're wrong with the rest, illegal immigration isn't hurting me at all, I promise you that.

It's hurting everybody including the illegal immigrants. I don't see how you can say it is a benefit to anyone. Paying illegal immigrants without taxes means that companys send labor money to mexico rather than to american workers. This means that that money isn't spent in america which means it doesnt get reinvested into our economy. When you have money flowing out of your country in greater quantities than money comming (Export defiecet) then you go into a reccession and you have serious economic problems. While the ammount of money flow that the illegals disrupt is small it is still a sizable ammount and it all adds up. Maybe you think illegals have a right to be here because they're people. Maybe you think we should just feel sorry for them.

OK.

Lets all sell all of our belongings and make sure that everyone in the world has an equal share of things so everyone can feel human. Lets embrace our fellow man with true equality.

wait.

what?

Oh yea, that's communism. *** me.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-26 23:57:05  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

How are we going to accomplish such a task?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-26 23:59:17  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Crighton said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Crighton said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Crighton said:

It's hurting everybody including the illegal immigrants. I don't see how you can say it is a benefit to anyone. Paying illegal immigrants without taxes means that companys send labor money to mexico rather than to american workers. This means that that money isn't spent in america which means it doesnt get reinvested into our economy. When you have money flowing out of your country in greater quantities than money comming (Export defiecet) then you go into a reccession and you have serious economic problems. While the ammount of money flow that the illegals disrupt is small it is still a sizable ammount and it all adds up. Maybe you think illegals have a right to be here because they're people. Maybe you think we should just feel sorry for them.

OK.

Lets all sell all of our belongings and make sure that everyone in the world has an equal share of things so everyone can feel human. Lets embrace our fellow man with true equality.

wait.

what?

Oh yea, that's communism. *** me.
again you don't know what the *** you're *** talking about, whether or not a bunch of low wage earning immigrants (regardless of legality) pay their income taxes or not is irrelevant, also a large quantity of the money they send home is spent bringing more here, so yeah shut up dude.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-27 00:03:22  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Crighton said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Crighton said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Crighton said:
It's hurting everybody including the illegal immigrants. I don't see how you can say it is a benefit to anyone. Paying illegal immigrants without taxes means that companys send labor money to mexico rather than to american workers. This means that that money isn't spent in america which means it doesnt get reinvested into our economy. When you have money flowing out of your country in greater quantities than money comming (Export defiecet) then you go into a reccession and you have serious economic problems. While the ammount of money flow that the illegals disrupt is small it is still a sizable ammount and it all adds up. Maybe you think illegals have a right to be here because they're people. Maybe you think we should just feel sorry for them. OK. Lets all sell all of our belongings and make sure that everyone in the world has an equal share of things so everyone can feel human. Lets embrace our fellow man with true equality. wait. what? Oh yea, that's communism. *** me.
again you don't know what the *** you're *** talking about, whether or not a bunch of low wage earning immigrants (regardless of legality) pay their income taxes or not is irrelevant, also a large quantity of the money they send home is spent bringing more here, so yeah shut up dude.

Oh so if money flows out of the country, and is then spent in mexico it's part of our economy? Yea, you're mistaken. There is no way you can ever say illegals benefit this country. It is *** relevant whether they put the money back into the economy or not. When the money doesnt get reinvested into our economy it is a net loss for our economy. You have no idea what you're talking about.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-27 00:05:19  
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

1. Build up mexico's infrastructure. (this creates mexican jobs)
2. Kill off the drug violence using US troops to help mexican forces.
3. Start getting their government under control of its own economy.

I mean it's definately not an easy task but it doesnt have to be done by the US alone like in Iraq. The mexican government is capable of taking control of its country with help.
 Bahamut.Weasel
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2010-10-27 00:09:02  
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-27 00:15:28  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Crighton said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Crighton said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Crighton said:
It's hurting everybody including the illegal immigrants. I don't see how you can say it is a benefit to anyone. Paying illegal immigrants without taxes means that companys send labor money to mexico rather than to american workers. This means that that money isn't spent in america which means it doesnt get reinvested into our economy. When you have money flowing out of your country in greater quantities than money comming (Export defiecet) then you go into a reccession and you have serious economic problems. While the ammount of money flow that the illegals disrupt is small it is still a sizable ammount and it all adds up. Maybe you think illegals have a right to be here because they're people. Maybe you think we should just feel sorry for them. OK. Lets all sell all of our belongings and make sure that everyone in the world has an equal share of things so everyone can feel human. Lets embrace our fellow man with true equality. wait. what? Oh yea, that's communism. *** me.

Oh so if money flows out of the country, and is then spent in mexico it's part of our economy? Yea, you're mistaken. There is no way you can ever say illegals benefit this country. It is *** relevant whether they put the money back into the economy or not. When the money doesnt get reinvested into our economy it is a net loss for our economy. You have no idea what you're talking about.

produce some monetary value of the actual money our economy is "losing" and more than likely it's insignificant, which is my point, people who *** about this are bitching about it because they can, not because it's a big deal.

If you want a good way to fix a lot of the mexico "problem" then legalize drugs in the us, then the businesses that import illegals here won't have as many means to push the people, it's all relative.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-27 00:20:46  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Crighton said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Crighton said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Crighton said:
produce some monetary value of the actual money our economy is "losing" and more than likely it's insignificant, which is my point, people who *** about this are bitching about it because they can, not because it's a big deal. If you want a good way to fix a lot of the mexico "problem" then legalize drugs in the us, then the businesses that import illegals here won't have as many means to push the people, it's all relative.

The illegals comming here aren't comming to sell weed. I'm sure the ammount of money illegals cost the economy is in fact very small. However, it is still costing us money and they are still ILLEGAL. The simple word ILLEGAL implys they are breaking the law. They are entering the country instead of legitimate people who are trying to get citizenship legally. I'm sure you might say that we should just give citizenship to whoever wants it but in fact Mexico's immigration standards are a *** more strict than the USA. We're actually nicer to illegals than the mexicao is to illegals, only mexico is a shithole and nobody wants to break into mexico on a daily basis. My point is, that if you're here illegally then you need to get the *** out and let people who want to be here legally have your job. If a mother comes here from mexico illegally and has a child we should deport her *** and put the child in a foster home. *** that ***, she had no right to be here. No sympathy at all.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-27 00:20:57  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

1. Build up mexico's infrastructure. (this creates mexican jobs)
2. Kill off the drug violence using US troops to help mexican forces.
3. Start getting their government under control of its own economy.

I mean it's definately not an easy task but it doesnt have to be done by the US alone like in Iraq. The mexican government is capable of taking control of its country with help.

I just think it's wishful thinking and unrealistic, but who knows. Some say anything is possible in this world.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-27 00:26:10  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Crighton said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Crighton said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Crighton said:
produce some monetary value of the actual money our economy is "losing" and more than likely it's insignificant, which is my point, people who *** about this are bitching about it because they can, not because it's a big deal. If you want a good way to fix a lot of the mexico "problem" then legalize drugs in the us, then the businesses that import illegals here won't have as many means to push the people, it's all relative.

The illegals comming here aren't comming to sell weed. I'm sure the ammount of money illegals cost the economy is in fact very small. However, it is still costing us money and they are still ILLEGAL. The simple word ILLEGAL implys they are breaking the law. They are entering the country instead of legitimate people who are trying to get citizenship legally. I'm sure you might say that we should just give citizenship to whoever wants it but in fact Mexico's immigration standards are a *** more strict than the USA. We're actually nicer to illegals than the mexicao is to illegals, only mexico is a shithole and nobody wants to break into mexico on a daily basis. My point is, that if you're here illegally then you need to get the *** out and let people who want to be here legally have your job. If a mother comes here from mexico illegally and has a child we should deport her *** and put the child in a foster home. *** that ***, she had no right to be here. No sympathy at all.

you missed the entire point about the drugs, fail for you. Also that's just not how it works, and the foster care system is burdened enough.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9