New Items
users online
Tea party
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Fenrir.Weewoo
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-10-25 14:15:47  
Pointing the finger at the current running president in relation to your misfortune is a pretty lulzy manner to go about making accusations.

Though I certainly won't argue on your points on which things are enfeebling our nation. But in all honesty the same ***has been happening for decades. Only now has it come to a prolific outspoken and painful light.
 Titan.Wombat
サーバ: Titan
user: Wombat
By Titan.Wombat 2010-10-25 14:20:05  
Asura.Catastrophe said:
Titan.Wombat said:
The whole notion of political parties is flawed. Deciding where you stand on issues in any way other than on a case-by-case basis is foolish. The idea of picking a side or joining a group which has a stance on multiple issues shows a lack of individual thought (or hypocrisy if you disagree with the group's stance on anything).

If American politics is going to evolve, I really hope it isn't by the addition of new parties. I'd much rather see the public think about issues for themselves to an extent that forces the current parties to degenerate and lose their influence.

People are bound as social beings to collectively organize together, hence "parties". Even if there wasn't an establishment of parties, this would still occur behind the scenes. You like one specific government official, he becomes almost celebrity-like.. he's going to try and use it to endorse his friends.

I agree; I'll be the first to admit that what I'm saying is pure idealism and not quite realistic. It would be preferable to have the "social" "parties" taking place on a smaller scale. Tens or hundreds of small parties would allow people to be more accurately represented than two massive parties.

No parties at all would simply be ideal for the stimulation of individual thought and opinion. However, outside influence and grouping is inevitable.
 Valefor.Endlesspath
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Endlesspath 2010-10-25 14:27:20  
Phoenix.Excelior said:

What is everyone's opinion on this movement? I'm socially liberal, financially conservative republican....
inb4 troll.
Quite the oxymoron. Re: Liberal... maybe it would be better to describe your views as Libertarian?

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Republicans need to *** die.
and this is from a normal, understanding "why can't we all get along" kind of liberal democrat...?

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-10-25 14:34:35  
I think the Teaparty is pretty lulzy since their standards and policy views are counter productive to their objectives.

Cut taxes but support our military, education and health care!
Oh yeah that totally makes sense. /sarcasm
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-25 14:34:45  
Valefor.Endlesspath said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:

What is everyone's opinion on this movement? I'm socially liberal, financially conservative republican....
inb4 troll.
Quite the oxymoron. Re: Liberal... maybe it would be better to describe your views as Libertarian?

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
and this is from a normal, understanding "why can't we all get along" kind of liberal democrat...?
not a democrat, and yeah excelior is definitely a libertarian, which i would have agreed with in 2008 (lol@ voting for Bob Barr) but there's flaws in that system of thinking.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-25 14:40:46  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Valefor.Endlesspath said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:

inb4 troll.

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
not a democrat, and yeah excelior is definitely a libertarian, which i would have agreed with in 2008 (lol@ voting for Bob Barr) but there's flaws in that system of thinking.

There is a perfect system of thinking?
I'll let you know when I find it guy, also I've been debating on one the past couple of days, I'll have to pick one later when I get off work, which I should go now, or I'll be late :D
 Cerberus.Zandra
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-10-25 14:44:10  
I think the "tea party" is an outstanding political movement. In the very least they have banished almost all the liberals from the republican party. I think they promote worthwhile ideas and alternatives to the current administration and I'm going to be so happy when I wake up on NOV 3rd to see most of their endorsed candidates winning seats in our congress.

On another note, how can anyone make a rational argument that we are going in the right direction as a country? Over the past 2 years we have seen unprecedented levels of new spending and a nearly exponential expansion of the size of the federal government. How can anyone say it has netted positive results?
[+]
 Phoenix.Juggalo
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2010-10-25 14:44:55  
Didn't read this whole thread, but...

<- Proud and active member of the Tea Party
[+]
 Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-10-25 14:46:24  
Phoenix.Juggalo said:

Well good luck with that.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-10-25 14:49:18  
Tea party will bring USA to his final downfall if they got a little ***of power...
Btw i laughed hard when i saw one of the tea party governor was againt...masturbation ! LOL
They gonna put videos inside house for caught peoples ??? lol
(i bet some on them would be happy to though w)
[+]
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-10-25 14:56:52  
Gilgamesh.Thedreamer said:
Tea party will bring USA to his final downfall if they got a little ***of power...
Btw i laughed hard when i saw one of the tea party governor was againt...masturbation ! LOL

france should not comment on political downfall
[+]
 Cerberus.Zandra
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-10-25 14:57:45  
(i bet some on them would be happy too though w)

I don't think she's running on an anti masturbation platform, but instead just has "uncommon" views towards it.

Regardless, are you really making an argument that overspending trillions of dollars every year won't facilitate the end of america.
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-10-25 14:58:02  
Leviathan.Hastefeet said:

france should not comment on political downfall

I was meanin in general, not politic.
+1 though w

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-25 15:02:33  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Crighton said:
I don't think that linking to pages that can easily be edited by anyone is a good way to get your point across.
Oh for the love of God.

Google it yourself if you want. There's literally thousands of pages out there confirming the timing of this. Or if you want, look up the actual bills themselves in the Congressional record.
My LOL moment for the day! LOL!
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-10-25 15:03:44  
may be off topic but why is it that when a person says they are a republican a democrat has to say they're *** stupid and they have stupid views and they must be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE

and same thing goes for republican calling a democrat that

why does ***like that happen
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-25 15:04:09  
Phoenix.Juggalo said:

That should be their slogan.

Didn't read anything, but Proud and active member!
[+]
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-10-25 15:05:08  
im a proud and active member of the i dont rly give a *** club
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-25 15:05:33  
may be off topic but why is it that when a person says they are a republican a democrat has to say they're *** stupid and they have stupid views and they must be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE

One sided 24hr News Channels.
Sure it was like that before, but now with the media involved it's out of control.
 Cerberus.Zandra
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-10-25 15:06:20  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
I think the "tea party" is an outstanding political movement. In the very least they have banished almost all the liberals from the republican party. I think they promote worthwhile ideas and alternatives to the current administration and I'm going to be so happy when I wake up on NOV 3rd to see most of their endorsed candidates winning seats in our congress.

Now I am convinced you are a *** idiot.

Shouldn't you be under a bridge somewhere?
[+]
 Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-10-25 15:06:49  
I want to do this at a tea party rally so badly...

Phoenix.Juggalo
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2010-10-25 15:08:12  

Some people (the ones you describe) don't like their views challenged and take the very notion of someone having an alternate viewpoint as a personal offense. It's silly and, feeling threatened, the best way they see to react to that situation is to immediately introduce the idea that their belief is ultimately superior, the only one worth having, and that to possess any other viewpoint is a sign of a lack of intelligence.

It's sad when anyone on any side of any argument does that. In my opinion, the mature thing to do would be to ask why a certain person feels the way they do. You may not agree with them but you can at least make the attempt to see things from their perspective.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-10-25 15:09:31  
i honestly think the movement is just people who are pissed off

they really don't know what they're doing

they just know they're pissed

saying that everyone who is involved in or agrees with the movement is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE is a little uncalled for though

like most things I would say that there are probably a good amount of smart people involved in the movement and there are also a good amount of retards involved in it as well
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-10-25 15:10:02  

it's easier for stupid people to make choices when they are overly simplified. easier to control people and push hidden agendas with emotion.
political tactics 101
[+]
 Cerberus.Zandra
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-10-25 15:11:12  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
How do you explain the Christine Odonald support then? Republicans won't donate money to her for the most part. Karl Rove thinks she's an idiot.
Rove was forced to back off, apologize, and support her after Limbaugh called him out on it.

Republicans won't donate to her because she has no chance in hell of winning, and the money would be wasted. Not because they don't support her.

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Can we all at least agree on the fact that the auto industry and the banks shouldn't have been bailed out?
I agree, but it's important to remember who was in the White House when both of these went down.

Please.... Let's not forget who was running congress at that time too, not to mention who's running it now.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-10-25 15:13:37  
Phoenix.Juggalo said:

Some people (the ones you describe) don't like their views challenged and take the very notion of someone having an alternate viewpoint as a personal offense. It's silly and, feeling threatened, the best way they see to react to that situation is to immediately introduce the idea that their belief is ultimately superior, the only one worth having, and that to possess any other viewpoint is a sign of a lack of intelligence.

It's sad when anyone on any side of any argument does that. In my opinion, the mature thing to do would be to ask why a certain person feels the way they do. You may not agree with them but you can at least make the attempt to see things from their perspective.

Also, if one reasonable person is surrounded by people doing the exact same thing, it's pretty easy to resort to that as well. I, for example, am surrounded by people who question NOTHING, or think about how things should work. There's political arguments, here (talking about work) and they ALWAYS go like this:

"I like person A better than B."
"But B promised this."
"But the A commercial said that!!!!"
"*** YOU!"
"IDIOT, lrn2politics!!!!!"
"[opposing political party members] are stupid!"
"NO UUUUUUUUUUUU!"

So yeah. Many times, people aren't really swimming in the fountains of knowledge.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9