First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-10-25 16:44:58  
Leviathan.Hastefeet said:
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Maybe it's time to start voting in independents.

maybe its time to take back the country by force O_o

I wonder about this, because really, that's a big deal. I am still in my twenties, and I am already disgusted by... lots of things. Really, really disgusted. I wonder how far gone do we have to be before enough people see this as the only remaining option? And what would the outcome be?

I half expect like, a couple hundred thousand people actually do anything, and the couple hundred million other people just go along with whoever wins. :\
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-10-25 17:04:34  
The reason we only have two parties in this country isn't because of coincidence. It's a mathematical proof.

The United States has what's called first past the post voting, otherwise known as "winner takes all." So named because the first horse past the "post", or a certain percentage of the electorate, wins the whole race.

An alternative system, known as proportional representation, divvies up representation based on the general percentages each candidate received.

FPTP systems always mathematically trend towards two parties over time, because of the "wasted vote" phenomenon. There is no point in voting for a party that doesn't have a chance of winning the whole pot, because your vote won't count when they inevitably lose. This tends to make people cast defensive, negative votes ("keep the bad guy out by voting for his opponent") instead of active, positive votes ("I like what this guy says even if he can't win.")
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-25 17:06:57  
Asura.Alymorel said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Jaerik for President!

That's not how you spell Flionheart...

u can run england
Wherever Flion rules is where I'll move to! :D

PIRATE BOOTY DAYS!
 Phoenix.Smileybone
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-10-25 17:07:58  
Oh wow.

was reading the thread and saw this on the side.

Oh the irony.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-10-25 17:14:02  
in my opinion i don't think politicians should run the country

i don't think they know what the people really need and want, i think they think they know what the people really need and want

there should be more of those people like that guy who thinks the rent is too damn high

politicians should handle things like foreign affairs, that's about all i think they are fit to do

*** lying no good mother *** they are
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-10-25 17:18:13  
in my opinion i don't think politicians should run the country i don't think they know what the people really need and want, i think they think they know what the people really need and want there should be more of those people like that guy who thinks the rent is too damn high politicians should handle things like foreign affairs, that's about all i think they are fit to do *** lying no good mother *** they are

Thats why im for local communities governing themselves. I'd even be ok with it on a state level. Fed should keep states from ripping each other off, and protect the states as a whole from foreign troubles. However, I normally get flamed for this opinion...so w/e.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-10-25 17:28:08  
Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
in my opinion i don't think politicians should run the country i don't think they know what the people really need and want, i think they think they know what the people really need and want there should be more of those people like that guy who thinks the rent is too damn high politicians should handle things like foreign affairs, that's about all i think they are fit to do *** lying no good mother *** they are

Thats why im for local communities governing themselves. I'd even be ok with it on a state level. Fed should keep states from ripping each other off, and protect the states as a whole from foreign troubles. However, I normally get flamed for this opinion...so w/e.

i dont think its a horrible idea

but after a while the central gov't my lose control
 Cerberus.Zandra
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-10-25 17:53:39  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
I could walk into a thread and say "The jews are evil and control everything" which is about as dumb as thinking the Tea Party is an "outstanding political movement". Anyone who supports Sarah Palin and does not have a problem with Glenn Beck is pretty *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE (IMO!). Throwing the troll card at someone because they called you an idiot for supporting a bunch of *** morons is fail.

Spicyryan = Troll

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Bitesized
サーバ: Asura
user: Bitesized
By Asura.Bitesized 2010-10-25 18:20:08  
Started reading this thread and it quickly turned into talking points and bashing of the other side so I just gave up.

The Tea Party movement started before Beck and others attached themselves to it. The idea of the Tea Party I believe is a good one in premise in that it was started as a grassroots bottom up movement. It has since been perverted a bit by people trying to take advantage of the movement for their own gain. I still think its a good thing because its simply people standing up for what they believe in.

I would consider myself an economic Conservative and a social Liberal. I basically believe that I can make responsible decisions for myself and I don't need the government making those decisions for me. I believe we need some safety nets for those who need it but right now those safety nets aren't nets anymore but simply a place for those to make their living. I think this quote sums it up nicely.

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.”

Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-10-25 18:22:47  
Canada has 3 parties....

1. Progressive Conservatives

2. Liberal Party Of Canada

& finally

3. New Democratic Party Of Canada

All have different POVs, yes Canada has seemd to manage quite along time with 3 parties. I am not going in on some big rant, b/c i'm just listing the fact Canada gets along with 3 political types.. I'm sure the US can survive with 3.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-10-25 18:52:04  
But they DO drink tea ???
I bet most of them drink coffee...hiden in [throne room]!
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2010-10-25 20:13:49  

amidoinitrite?
 Asura.Bitesized
サーバ: Asura
user: Bitesized
By Asura.Bitesized 2010-10-25 20:27:00  
Caitsith.Neonracer said:
Canada has 3 parties....

1. Progressive Conservatives

2. Liberal Party Of Canada

& finally

3. New Democratic Party Of Canada

All have different POVs, yes Canada has seemd to manage quite along time with 3 parties. I am not going in on some big rant, b/c i'm just listing the fact Canada gets along with 3 political types.. I'm sure the US can survive with 3.

Im guessing they have a different meaning that they do here? lol. If it was here your choices would be left, more left, even more left.
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-10-25 20:29:39  
Siren.Thoraeon said:

amidoinitrite?

Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-10-25 20:34:05  
Gilgamesh.Thedreamer said:
But they DO drink tea ???
I bet most of them drink coffee...hiden in [throne room]!

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-26 01:18:58  
Cerberus.Zandra said:
I think the "tea party" is an outstanding political movement. In the very least they have banished almost all the liberals from the republican party. I think they promote worthwhile ideas and alternatives to the current administration and I'm going to be so happy when I wake up on NOV 3rd to see most of their endorsed candidates winning seats in our congress.

On another note, how can anyone make a rational argument that we are going in the right direction as a country? Over the past 2 years we have seen unprecedented levels of new spending and a nearly exponential expansion of the size of the federal government. How can anyone say it has netted positive results?
my question is where were you when Bush signed his stimulus, or tax cuts, or when he increased the size of the Federal Government with the illegal patriot act? Shut the *** up.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-26 01:19:31  
Cerberus.Zandra said:
I could walk into a thread and say "The jews are evil and control everything" which is about as dumb as thinking the Tea Party is an "outstanding political movement". Anyone who supports Sarah Palin and does not have a problem with Glenn Beck is pretty *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE (IMO!). Throwing the troll card at someone because they called you an idiot for supporting a bunch of *** morons is fail.

Spicyryan = Troll

Tea Party = Political Retards
agreed spicy, agreed.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-26 01:20:55  
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Oh wow.

was reading the thread and saw this on the side.

Oh the irony.
not really since your ad's are spawned from key words in the content, it's called cookies my friend.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-26 01:21:38  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
The reason we only have two parties in this country isn't because of coincidence. It's a mathematical proof.

The United States has what's called first past the post voting, otherwise known as "winner takes all." So named because the first horse past the "post", or a certain percentage of the electorate, wins the whole race.

An alternative system, known as proportional representation, divvies up representation based on the general percentages each candidate received.

FPTP systems always mathematically trend towards two parties over time, because of the "wasted vote" phenomenon. There is no point in voting for a party that doesn't have a chance of winning the whole pot, because your vote won't count when they inevitably lose. This tends to make people cast defensive, negative votes ("keep the bad guy out by voting for his opponent") instead of active, positive votes ("I like what this guy says even if he can't win.")

so basically what you're saying in order to fix ***, we need to change the voting system, great idea. Let's hop to it.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-26 01:22:04  
Cerberus.Zandra said:

Spicyryan = Right
fixed
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-26 01:27:29  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:

Spicyryan = Right
fixed
fact, for this instance.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-26 01:28:24  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:

Spicyryan = Right
fixed
fact, for this instance.
true, Jet sorry.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-26 01:31:59  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:

Spicyryan = Right
fixed
fact, for this instance.
true, Jet sorry.
for once put down the crack pipe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-26 01:35:46  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:

Spicyryan = Right
fixed
fact, for this instance.
true, Jet sorry.
I don't have one, and you can't prove otherwise ^.O
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-26 01:37:02  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:

Spicyryan = Right
fixed
fact, for this instance.
true, Jet sorry.
Pshhhhhhh
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-26 01:40:24  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:

Spicyryan = Right
fixed
fact, for this instance.
true, Jet sorry.
Pshhhhhhh

On another note, is there a way that you know of to stop Glenn Beck and or Liberty University, just for the fact that they spread retardation to the general public.
 Phoenix.Mogue
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-10-26 09:30:17  
The Tea Party: Where any criticism is met with a foot in the face.

Welcome to the new America everyone! You're all gonna get what you *** paid for!

Titan.Wombat
サーバ: Titan
user: Wombat
By Titan.Wombat 2010-10-26 09:44:11  
Phoenix.Mogue said:
The Tea Party: Where any criticism is met with a foot in the face.

Welcome to the new America everyone! You're all gonna get what you *** paid for!

That lady was wearing a wig, lying about who she was/ represented, and waiting to "confront" a famous politician.

What Ron Paul's supporters did was definitely an overreaction, but I think they did it because they thought she was going to assassinate him. If you watch the video, they're screaming for someone to call the police.

She actually seemed quite pleased with how they reacted to her. In fact, at the end of the video she is smiling about it. She was hoping to stir up a "***storm" and it worked.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9