Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-14 12:14:41  
Artemicion said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Mankind is but a blink of an eye on this planet. It's up to us to live as peaceful as possible. But when that peace is broken I say hang the *** up.
Too bad hanging is illegal now. It got the point accros for sure. I remember reading/seeing the last one up here on the news when I was a kid.
Isn't washington state one of the few if only state that still utilizes that method of death penalty?

While I think it's Utah that still has the firing squad.
It was one of the last I think. The last guy actually got some stays and such as it was going thru the supreme court and such. I think shortly after they did the last one in 94 they got rid of it. Oddly enough the prisoners had a choice between that and lethal injection anyways. Though not chosing of course got you hanging
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 12:14:58  
Phoenix.Darki said:
Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
laws don't mix very well with spirituality and religion, so idoubt it.

That would explain why you have to swear on the bible.

If I was a murderer I'd have no problem lying in that courthouse.
courthouse not the same as laws hon.

courthouse works different when you have a case going, religion doesn't make the laws.
society's point of view does, killing a prisoner is ensuring they wont do any more harm and killing whatever chances they still have at life.
It's not about going to hell, if it was built that way it gives them a chance to feel regret and end up in heaven (by religion's laws)

Think back to when the death penalty originated, Do you think it was really created to simply remove someone from society? Nearly all law has a religious undertone and it's ridiculous.

I disagree, and my point still goes, don't want to repeat myself and go on the same cycle with you over and over.
it's kinda boring.

If you can't debate nicely I won't bother debating with you. Not worth my time or effort.
 Phoenix.Darki
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-14 12:15:47  
Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

courthouse works different when you have a case going, religion doesn't make the laws.
society's point of view does, killing a prisoner is ensuring they wont do any more harm and killing whatever chances they still have at life.
It's not about going to hell, if it was built that way it gives them a chance to feel regret and end up in heaven (by religion's laws)

Think back to when the death penalty originated, Do you think it was really created to simply remove someone from society? Nearly all law has a religious undertone and it's ridiculous.

I disagree, and my point still goes, don't want to repeat myself and go on the same cycle with you over and over.
it's kinda boring.

If you can't debate nicely I won't bother debating with you. Not worth my time or effort.
I'm being nice, the problem is whatever I tell you, you take it offensively. I just don't feel like repeating myself hon, because if I reply it'll be the same thing I already explained but in different wording. so it's boring.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-14 12:19:17  
I have a question for you guys, if you think "putting people in the electric chair/gas chamber is killing" then what the *** do you guys think when we're at war with another country? Our soldiers kill the "bad guys" all the time. Does that also mean they're killers?

You kill insects all the time. Does that make you a killer? Insects are still animals and humans are animals.
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 12:20:21  
Phoenix.Darki said:
Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

it's kinda boring.

I'm being nice, the problem is whatever I tell you, you take it offensively. I just don't feel like repeating myself hon, because if I reply it'll be the same thing I already explained but in different wording. so it's boring.

Sarcastic undertones are easily detected. My view is that death shouldn't be ours to deal. In fact no-one should choose who dies. The judge has as little right as she does to choose death for anyone.

The death penalty is the bluntest of "blunt instruments," it removes the individual's humanity and with it any chance of rehabilitation and their giving something back to society. In the case of the worst criminals, this may be acceptable but is more questionable in the case of less awful crimes.

Yes she committed an awful crime, No I don't think she deserved to die for it. People have done worse and not had anything near the death penalty.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-14 12:20:42  
well killing for survival is not the same as killing for pure pleasure.
theres a different feeling to it, and levels your intelligence/maturity on how you handle emotions as well.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-14 12:21:30  
Phoenix.Darki said:
theres a different feeling to it, and levels your intelligence/maturity on how you handle emotions as well.
So you killed that mosquito because if you didn't, you'd die yourself?
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-14 12:22:14  
wait, what sarcastic undertones? it's all on your mind, stop putting feelings into words ONLINE which can be translated into anything... ONLINE.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-14 12:22:49  
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
no i killed it because if it bites me ill get an allergic reaction, or if it bites my kid he could get 'denge' and die at his age. so yeah....
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-14 12:23:14  
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
well killing for survival is not the same as killing for pure pleasure. theres a different feeling to it, and levels your intelligence/maturity on how you handle emotions as well.
Malaria yo!
 Phoenix.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-09-14 12:23:36  
This is why I think she should die:

Her actions led to the killing of her Husband and stepson.

She sentenced them to death for zero crimes.

She wants mercy for the many crimes that she did committ.

She showed those men no mercy for doing nothing and expects it in return when she admits to actually being guilty of something.

Wether she j-walked or said the word ***, she was guilty of a crime. By her own logic of sentencing those not guilty to death, she sentences herself to death by any definition of a crime. She deserves death in its entirity because her lack of mercy for others means she should hold herself to her own standards. End of story.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-14 12:23:44  
people kill chickens all the time for food! thats survival right there.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-14 12:24:22  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
well killing for survival is not the same as killing for pure pleasure. theres a different feeling to it, and levels your intelligence/maturity on how you handle emotions as well.
Malaria yo!
iis that what we call denge here?
its a harsh fever and other symptoms ;o they could kill a newborn.
 Caitsith.Zefiris
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-09-14 12:24:50  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Malaria yo!
West Nile Virus. ;D

Should start holding trials for the thousands of pest control companies out there?
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-14 12:24:57  
Phoenix.Darki said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
no i killed it because if it bites me ill get an allergic reaction, or if it bites my kid he could get 'denge' and die at his age. so yeah....
And what about flies or even a daddy-long-legs spider?
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 12:26:14  
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

You're comparing creatures with very little thought to humans who can make ethical and moral choices.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-14 12:26:47  
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

thing is i dont kill anything that is not necesary to kill, flies transmit bacteria into your food, it's necesary.
a fly could step on my sons bottle and infect it transmiting it to him, who is very vulnerable to any disease atm. I will sure as hell kill it!

I'm not talking about killing in a life-death situation hon, when I said kill for survival, I also meant food. inb4 vegetarians or whatever. you know better than that /wink.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-14 12:27:12  
I went through and actually had a read through the article...and what happened to the 19 year old that was sentenced to life?
It was Lewis, Shallenberge, and Fuller.
I just wonder did Fuller actually kill anyone or did he just rape the daughter?
I don't really feel like arguing my opinion about what should happen because it will just be a circular argument, but I am curious how involved the 3rd party was in this.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-14 12:27:27  
Phoenix.Darki said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Malaria yo!
iis that what we call denge here? its a harsh fever and other symptoms ;o they could kill a newborn.
Dengue? Similar but malarias is a bit worse. It's a rather odd disease that has many stages. Kills like a mil a year or so.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-14 12:28:38  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Malaria yo!
iis that what we call denge here? its a harsh fever and other symptoms ;o they could kill a newborn.
Dengue? Similar but malarias is a bit worse. It's a rather odd disease that has many stages. Kills like a mil a year or so.

dengue! theres a plague of dengue over here lately =.= rainy season brings those devils out.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-14 12:29:00  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
I went through and actually had a read through the article...and what happened to the 19 year old that was sentenced to life? It was Lewis, Shallenberge, and Fuller. I just wonder did Fuller actually kill anyone or did he just rape the daughter?
Idk. Rape doesn't really justified death penalty though... though not sure if the american people are fine with setting being raped as a punishment lol.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-14 12:29:25  
Darki, EVERYTHING will have backteria on it.

even toothbrushes that weren't in the bathroom (and these toothbrushes were kept isolated in a controlled environment)

Ever heard of white-blood cells?
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 12:30:30  
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Darki, EVERYTHING will have backteria on it.

even toothbrushes that weren't in the bathroom (and these toothbrushes were kept isolated in a controlled environment)

Ever heard of white-blood cells?

Kalyna please stop. You simply cannot be comparing killing an insect to killing a human.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-14 12:30:54  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
I went through and actually had a read through the article...and what happened to the 19 year old that was sentenced to life? It was Lewis, Shallenberge, and Fuller. I just wonder did Fuller actually kill anyone or did he just rape the daughter?
Idk. Rape doesn't really justified death penalty though... though not sure if the american people are fine with setting being raped as a punishment lol.
I dunno if he only raped the daughter or not.
Regardless he was involved in the premeditation just as Lewis was though.

aaaand!
in regards to the bacteria stuff..
DON'T KILL MY AMOEBAZ AND MICROORGANISM?!?!11
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-14 12:31:06  
yes everything has bacteria but don't take it out of context, you sure as hell know it's better to avoid my kid drinking from a bottle that a fly stepped on while i was getting something on the kitchen.

a newborn is wayyy more vulnerable to some bacteria we're not. it's... well.. kinda duh, don't you think?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-14 12:32:33  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
I dunno if he only raped the daughter or not. Regardless he was involved in the premeditation just as Lewis was though.
True but if there was no intent/premeditation it's accessory at best
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-14 12:33:39  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
in regards to the bacteria stuff.. DON'T KILL MY AMOEBAZ AND MICROORGANISM?!?!11
In a few billion years they might have become sentient beings!!! That is potential genocide!
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-14 12:33:47  
Flionheart said:

Kalyna please stop. You simply cannot be comparing killing an insect to killing a human.
Honestly, that wasn't my real point. My point is it's animal and human nature to kill. Kill or be killed. We, as humans, have been babying ourselves with this "we must be soft on each other" crap. What will happen if Earth is in trouble against aliens that have the only intent to kill us. Are we gonna try negotiating with them or fight them?
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-14 12:35:48  
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Flionheart said:

Honestly, that wasn't my real point. My point is it's animal and human nature to kill. Kill or be killed. We, as humans, have been babying ourselves with this "we must be soft on each other" crap. What will happen if Earth is in trouble against aliens that have the only intent to kill us. Are we gonna try negotiating with them or fight them?
it's natural to kill for survival, not for pleasure, you don't see a tiger going up a zeeebra to kill it for the lols and leaving it there, or because it angered him. you see him kill it for food!
or you see animals kill other animals, even their own for territory. NOT PLEASURE.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-14 12:36:02  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
I dunno if he only raped the daughter or not. Regardless he was involved in the premeditation just as Lewis was though.
True but if there was no intent/premeditation it's accessory at best
I was a bit sad that the article only included like 2 lines about his involvement.
Don't really feel like wiki-ing.
But after some more thought I feel that my opinion still fits my original.
Quote:
Life sentences are way more harsh than death sentences.
You have to suffer in a box for the rest of your life or be put out of your misery, I'd say misery is more punishing than putting someone out of their misery.

Does that mean my opinion is the right one?
Not necessarily, but hey not my job lol.

I do see it a bit differently now.
More my bad for not actually reading into the article a little more.
XD
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 13