First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13
 Phoenix.Excelior
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-09-14 11:48:01  
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
What happened to the dude? And did the daughter want it?
I read the entire story. The true mastermind of the scheme killed himself in prison in 2006. The girl, I believe, still lives. Haven't seen/read about her dead. I think the girl hates her mom cuz of the crap she pulled. My opinion: Death sentence - LOL Life in prison is much more torturous than Death, which is why you rarely see it. This mother deserves more than death. She deserves to be brutally tortured, and her death shouldn't be lolinstant it should be long and painful (which is banned in USA =( ) IQ doesn't show ***tbh. Mentally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE or not, she's old enough to know right from wrong, as do other people. Especially since she's so religious. She killed for greed and for lust (lol deadly sins), the God they believe in won't fall for her "lolsorry" crap. She KNEW it was wrong (she even stated it in the interview) yet she still did it. BURN THE ***!

The actual standard of wether or not you can execute the mentally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE is wether or not "They are able to understand they are being put to death and why". Obviously she understands, because she is begging for her life.
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 11:48:05  
It's manslaughter not murder.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-14 11:48:52  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Punishment is fitting the crime. She killed her family therefore she should be killed.
She didn't kill her family though :/
And Hilter didn't kill anyone
And Hitler didn't get put to the death sentence.
Sure he was. Just alot less people were involved then normal
He "supposedly" took his own life, that's not the death sentence man.
Regardless, comparing Hitler to this lady is a bit excessive.
Got any better examples?
 Cerberus.Kalyna
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-14 11:50:44  
With so many people on death row (even this article, the murder happened in 2002, it's 8 years later and the *** is still alive!?) Why don't they just get it over with and put them all up in a line, have Krizz and other people from the Armed Forces, Navy, Army, so on aka firing squad, and blast their brains out.

Saves the taxpayers money.
Saves the state and nation money.
Killers are killed.
Everyone's *** happy.

GOD i hate this county.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-14 11:50:45  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Punishment is fitting the crime. She killed her family therefore she should be killed.
He "supposedly" took his own life, that's not the death sentence man. Regardless, comparing Hitler to this lady is a bit excessive. Got any better examples?
Sure. Ok people don't kill people guns kill people. Throw the gun in the electric chair! Seriously purposefully taking actions you know will kill someone is murder regardless of the methods you use to accomplish it
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-14 11:51:22  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
He "supposedly" took his own life, that's not the death sentence man. Regardless, comparing Hitler to this lady is a bit excessive. Got any better examples?
Sure. Ok people don't kill people guns kill people. Throw the gun in the electric chair!
Now you are just being a child.
You keep on ignoring the fact that the person who killed these people already died in prison.
IE someone else killed them
IE she didn't kill them.
 Caitsith.Zefiris
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-09-14 11:52:02  
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
With so many people on death row (even this article, the murder happened in 2002, it's 8 years later and the *** is still alive!?) Why don't they just get it over with and put them all up in a line, have Krizz and other people from the Armed Forces, Navy, Army, so on aka firing squad, and blast their brains out.

Killers are killed.
Everyone's *** happy.

GOD i hate this county.
That's why capital punishment is so expensive, it takes forever in appeals and court hearings and STUFF!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-14 11:52:04  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Sure. Ok people don't kill people guns kill people. Throw the gun in the electric chair!
No I'm making a point. You are arguing semantics. Just cause they didn't do the actual killing makes them not the killer is lulz. The only difference in that is the person used an object instead of another person. The intent and results are the same
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 11:52:39  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Sure. Ok people don't kill people guns kill people. Throw the gun in the electric chair! Seriously purposefully taking actions you know will kill someone is murder regardless of the methods you use to accomplish it

Nah, it's Manslaughter.
By Yamoto 2010-09-14 11:52:47  
I agree that what she did was wrong, and that yes the punishment should fit the crime, but that life in a box comes with no living expenses, free meals, free cable (in some places), free radio, free showers, and the ability to do whatever you want: walk a track every day, work in the wood/leather/metal industry, cook, read, etc. American citizens pay for prisons to supply inmates with all that. The inmates even have more rights than the officers that guard them. It may be different in other states, but in Texas with some of the biggest prisons in the country, and the hardest criminals, they have a ***load of privileges. My sister, brother-in-law, and I all work for the state prisons here, and let me tell you, some of the inmates have it good. In 2 of our 3 prisons, the food that they get is amazing. They complain about getting fresh homemade pancakes 2 days in a row, because they'd rather have that french toast that will make your grandmother jealous. It's disgusting, the rights that some of these criminals have. So in a sense the death penalty is better, but then there are some who have been in the pen for 40+ years, and have no hope of getting out, so in that case it's more difficult to say which is worse. Living the rest of your life in a paid for hotel room with bars, or getting the death penalty and ending it all then and there. That's just my view on it though.
 Phoenix.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-09-14 11:53:12  
If you pull a trigger on a gun did you kill the person or did the gun?

Obviously you did because you set into the motion the chain of events that led to the death of a person.

While this lady didn't shoot them herself, had she not taken any action in the first place they would not have died. This was 100% avoidable and she is 100% responsible because of it.

If you break into some1's house to rob them and they die of a heart attack, guess what, you're now guilty of felony murder.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-14 11:53:15  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
No I'm making a point. You are arguing semantics. Just cause they didn't do the actual killing makes them not the killer is lulz. The only difference in that is the person used an object instead of another person. The intent and results are the same
Nah I'm not arguing semantics, I'm arguing ethics man.
I did a bit of an edit on my post :/
 Phoenix.Darki
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-14 11:54:00  
Cerberus.Kalyna said:

Killers are killed.
Everyone's *** happy.

GOD i hate this county.

and the cycle of violence/murder never ends... good job!
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-14 11:54:23  
Vinvv

She set up the murder. She had criminal intent. It went thru. She's all happy about it. Now that she's gonna be executed, she's all "noooooo i wanna live! i'm scared of death!" She's not HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, she's just scared.

too bad her current execution date is 23rd, day after ffxiv's release. I'd love to see it live =(
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 11:54:37  
No... It's seriously Manslaughter.

Unless you directly murder someone it's not murder.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-09-14 11:54:39  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
What happened to the dude? And did the daughter want it?

Wha..?
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-09-14 11:54:48  
lulz, so stupid she's working to meet a dead man.
Quote:

Lewis has an IQ of 72, an intellectual capacity that puts her just above the legal definition of mentally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Shallenberger's IQ was 113, which doctors describe as high average, court records say.

Lewis, who was on a host of prescription drugs and had dependent personality disorder, was desperate to please, her supporters say. They say they think that she clumsily followed Shallenberger's orders and didn't comprehend what had been put in motion.

Shallenberger killed himself in prison Aug. 22, 2006.

oh wait.. there are other things where there's lots of work for dead people: Religion
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-14 11:54:54  
Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Nah, it's Manslaughter.
I beg to differ.

MANSLAUGHTER-The unlawful killing of a human being without malice or premeditation, either express or implied; distinguished from murder, which requires malicious intent
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-14 11:55:04  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
If you pull a trigger on a gun did you kill the person or did the gun?

Obviously you did because you set into the motion the chain of events that led to the death of a person.

While this lady didn't shoot them herself, had she not taken any action in the first place they would not have died. This was 100% avoidable and she is 100% responsible because of it.

If you break into some1's house to rob them and they die of a heart attack, guess what, you're now guilty of felony murder.
Which makes her accessory before the fact.
Two people conspired to kill other people, one did the killing, one facilitated the killing.
I'm not discrediting how guilty she was in causing the other persons death, I just can't justify killing someone for such a thing, life sentence? yes.
Killing? No.
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 11:55:19  
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Vinvv

She set up the murder. She had criminal intent. It went thru. She's all happy about it. Now that she's gonna be executed, she's all "noooooo i wanna live! i'm scared of death!" She's not HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, she's just scared.

too bad her current execution date is 23rd, day after ffxiv's release. I'd love to see it live =(

Don't be so fast to deal out death.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-14 11:56:06  
Phoenix.Darki said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:

Killers are killed.
Everyone's *** happy.

GOD i hate this county.

It will if people finally see that USA executes people within a month.

It's called discipline and scaring your people. Yeah it would suck but would you rather go through Detroit ducking in your car knowing you might get hit by a stray bullet or peaceful without little to no crime going on?
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 11:56:11  
"Manslaughter is a legal term for the killing of a human being, in a manner considered by law as less culpable than murder."

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-14 11:57:13  
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:

Killers are killed.
Everyone's *** happy.

GOD i hate this county.

It will if people finally see that USA executes people within a month.

It's called discipline and scaring your people. Yeah it would suck but would you rather go through Detroit ducking in your car knowing you might get hit by a stray bullet or peaceful without little to no crime going on?

people will still have it on their minds they can get away with it.
so i doubt this will intimidate them much lol

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-14 11:57:30  
Flionheart said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Vinvv

Death is nothing. Death only takes under a second to happen in current Capital Punishment laws. Death means nothing.

Now torture them to death, THAT will haunt the soul, if it's even real, not to do that ***again.
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 11:58:06  
Manslaughter in the UK and the USA have different meanings, have at you.

I apologise.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-14 11:58:32  
death is something hon.
=o and on your mind it doesn't take a second to happen, maybe to you who isn't dying.

Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-14 11:58:44  
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Vinvv

She set up the murder, with the person who murdered them.
She and the murderer conspired to kill.
Who killed whom?
Shallenberger killed them.
Accessory before the fact, not saying that she is innocent, she just doesn't deserve to be put to death.
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 11:59:47  
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Flionheart said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Vinvv

Death is nothing. Death only takes under a second to happen in current Capital Punishment laws. Death means nothing.

Now torture them to death, THAT will haunt the soul, if it's even real, not to do that ***again.

This is implying there is an afterlife.

Killing someone is not to be taken lightly. You're not only killing a person, you're stopping any future they might have.

No-one should take death as lightly as that.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13