[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-14 17:05:32  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
You seem to be arguing just to be contrary anyway man.

No, and I am not going to get into a big argument over my views on Korea to prove that.
Well. I believe that I elaborated on my last point logically and on point.
All I can really say about that.
But yes arguing just for the sake of it not really all that fun.
I just know a good deal about this specific subject from personal interest and family members :/
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-09-14 17:09:55  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/13/AR2010091306282.html?sid=ST2010091306394

Tl;DR: This woman plead guilty to charges against her where
she paid a man to kill her husband, stepson, and let one of the murders have sex with her 16 year old daughter. She is to be executed on the 23rd, the first woman to be executed in VA in 100 years.

She is now begging for her life saying she acted out of character and that she thought she was innocent since it wasn't her pulling the trigger.

Can anyone take this person seriously? It says she's border line mentally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE but even my mentally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE cousin knows right from wrong. It's really annoying to see horrible people like this try to justify their actions instead of taking responsibility for what they've done.

Before any of you decide to use Mentally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE as a defense know that being mentally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE does not exclude you from Mens Rea. She KNEW exactly what was happening, and she knew it was wrong.

Thoughts?
KILL THE ***, but rape her first!
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-14 17:11:43  
of course you'd say that Kungfu lol
 Caitsith.Zefiris
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-09-14 17:18:29  
With something hard and sandpapery?
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-14 17:23:31  
Caitsith.Zefiris said:
With something hard and sandpapery?
Well soft wouldn't work even if you aren't going for punishment.. but you said you are 11 so I understand you not knowing
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-09-14 17:25:39  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
would you prefer to give her roses and congratulate her on her success in ridding the world of three more worthless people?
By Halfpint 2010-09-14 17:30:33  
having read through this all i realize what i am about to say is wayyyyyy off the present level of the topic but I am bothered by the use of retardation and a personality disorder as an "excuse" for doing something and not facing the consequences.

1) this woman was not "HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE".. not bright but not HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. According to :
http://wilderdom.com/intelligence/IQWhatScoresMean.html

95% of IQ scores fall between 70 and 130
IQ of 70 - 79 = Borderline deficiency
50-70 - Mild mental retardation (85%)
35-50 - Moderate mental retardation (10%)
People with estimated mental age of a 3 year old, if taught right from wrong, still knows when something is wrong.

2) IT was said she had Dependent Personality Disorder: People with this disorder do not trust their own ability to make decisions. They may be devastated by separation and loss. They may go to great lengths, even suffering abuse, to stay in a relationship. So he was a Psychopathic manipulative *** I will give her this one but this makes her mentally ill/abused not mentally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

3) She said in her heart she knew it was wrong..This blows all of the above excuses outta the water. She knew it was wrong and allowed it to happen anyhow.

As for Her punishment...I am not so sure the death penalty is appropriate. Better she should live with the memory of what was done to her daughter and family. AS for someone who has done a crime and the evidence shows, without a doubt, they have done that crime they should not have access to the appeals system. They should not have a nice warm jail cell with good food, free education and all the other ammenities they have now.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-14 17:34:27  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
would you prefer to give her roses and congratulate her on her success in ridding the world of three more worthless people?
I'd lock her in a box and turn the lights off.
JK.
i actually don't really know what I would do in that situation.
i would be wondering how the hell i got in the position where i would have to make such a decision though.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-09-14 17:35:42  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
well, she doesnt deserve to be treated like 95% of the black population in Texas
 Caitsith.Zefiris
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-09-14 17:36:35  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
JK.
i actually don't really know what I would do in that situation.
i would be wondering how the hell i got in the position where i could make such a decision though.
Exactly, I'd never want to be involved in the court system... unfortunately, there's jury duty! >.<
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-14 17:43:01  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Punishment is fitting the crime. She killed her family therefore she should be killed.
She didn't kill her family though :/
And Hilter didn't kill anyone
And Hitler didn't get put to the death sentence.
Flionheart said:
Is this thread moving into a death penalty discussion? I don't particularly want to take it miles off topic otherwise...
This lady is getting put to death, how that is it not related to the death penalty?
You honestly think that if he didn't take the cowards way out he wouldn't have received a death sentence? I don't doubt for a second that under trial he'd be ordered to die for his crimes, and even if he wasn't, and was given prison, that'd still be a death sentence. Hell people with no vested interest in his death would jump at the shot to kill him, just to go down in history as the inmate who killed Hitler.

EDIT: I share your philosophy though.. I have no qualms with killing people, but life in prison without parole is the worse punishment of the two.. Even though generally, someone on death row does spend 20+ years just waiting to be executed..

If I were trying to decide the fate of someone and wanted to make their existence as painful as possible, I'd give them life in prison without parole..
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-14 17:44:50  
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Punishment is fitting the crime. She killed her family therefore she should be killed.
She didn't kill her family though :/
And Hilter didn't kill anyone
And Hitler didn't get put to the death sentence.
Flionheart said:
Is this thread moving into a death penalty discussion? I don't particularly want to take it miles off topic otherwise...
This lady is getting put to death, how that is it not related to the death penalty?
You honestly think that if he didn't take the cowards way out he wouldn't have received a death sentence? I don't doubt for a second that under trial he'd be ordered to die for his crimes, and even if he wasn't, and was given prison, that'd still be a death sentence. Hell people with no vested interest in his death would jump at the shot to kill him, just to go down in history as the inmate who killed Hitler.
assuming he'd be integrated into a prison system.
example: Saddam Hussein
he was kept in a solitary room and was questioned and what not, and eventually he went to trial and got hung.
but regardless, my point is that it wasn't necessarily a great example since he took his own life. lol.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13