フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Everything you need to know about AF3
Everything you need to know about AF3
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-11 09:36:11  
I thought I'd try and collect all the known information about the new AF3 gear into a single post, for easy reference.

So far, only the hat, legs, and feet are available. All three are upgradeable through a new Magian moogle in Ru'Lude Gardens. There are two tiers, +1 and +2: both upgrades require gathering items of various types. (See below for locations.)

(Edit: As of the December update, I've added body, hands, and accessories here.)

Base gear:

(1) The heads can be purchased for cruor in the new Abyssea areas (Misareaux, Attohwa, and Vunkerl) from the Cruor Prospector -- see below for the specific listings. They run for only a few thousand cruor, so getting the base hat is a cakewalk.

(2) The legs are purchased for Resistance Credits from the Bastion Prefect in each of the new areas. If you don't know, a short word about Bastion: it's like Campaign, except the defense structures (Martellos) are powered up by performing Resistance Operations, and you get exp (and credits) when the mobs die instead of at the end of the event. The Ops also give cruor and credits. You can get to the Bastion outpost by warping to the #00 conflux, which is automatically activated for you when you turn on the conflux near the Abyssea entrance. You get Ops from the Resistance Sapper, and Pennant (which lets you participate in battles) from the Bastion Prefect. The Bastion Prefect sells you the pants for 1,000 credits.

Please note that Bastion is very difficult to actually participate in if the Martellos are not buffed up: the battles will be short and you will get close to no credits, because you will not have time to kill anything. It is therefore strongly recommended that you do the Ops. Bring your friends. You can each complete one Op every Vanadiel day. The more people do this, the easier it will be to get EXP (and credits, and pants) from Bastion.

(3) The feet drop randomly from Gold chests in the new Abyssea areas.

There is a consistent pattern for which jobs' AF3 can be found in which zones. This applies to all three pieces, including the Feet, so don't waste your time hunting Gold chests in the wrong area:

Vunkerl: BLU, COR, DRG, NIN, PUP, SAM, SCH, SMN, DNC
Misareaux: BRD, BST, DRK, PLD, RNG
Attohwa: BLM, MNK, RDM, THF, WAR, WHM

Upgrade items:

IMPORTANT: Trade the upgrade items to the Delivery Crate by the Magian Moogle -- NOT to the Moogle himself. You may begin depositing items in the Crate before you've collected them all. When you've deposited all of them, then trade the equipment itself to the Moogle. This will complete the trial.

(1) The +1 upgrade items needed for the Magian trials are Seals corresponding to the AF3 gear (e.g. Goetia Seal: Head for BLM hat) and drop from various NMs in the new Abyssea areas. Wiki has the specific listings. The drops go by region:

---- Vunkerl NMs drop the Feet seals.
---- Misareaux NMs drop the Leg seals.
---- Attohwa NMs drop the Head seals.

The seals are also randomly rewarded for completing certain repeatable (!) Abyssea quests. They're given according to the above pattern: Vunkerl quests give Feet seals, Misareaux quests give Legs, etc. It's not a 100% reward rate and there is a range of jobs associated with each quest (they go in groups of 4 which are consistent across regions), so be prepared to spam them.

(Edit: As of the December update, all Resistence Ops now have the potential to randomly reward seals.)

Here's a complete list of quests and the seals they reward. Some of them require Abyssea fame.

Vunkerl (Feet):

The Boxwatcher's Behest (Deraquien, Base camp): WAR, SMN, SCH, DNC
Aqua Puraga (High Bear, Conflux #00): BLM, NIN, COR, DRG
Bad Communication (Ferdechiond, Conflux #00): THF, BST, WHM, SAM
His Bridge, His Beloved (Cheupirudaux, Western Camp): MNK, PLD, BLU, BRD
Scattered Shells, Scattered Mind (Aladoverre, Western Camp): PUP, RNG, DRK, RDM

Misaraeux (Legs):

Cookbook of Hope Restoring (Jonette, Conflux #03): WHM, THF, BST, SAM
Unidentified Research Object (Yurim, Base camp): BLU, PLD, BRD, MNK
Smoke over the Coast (Hungry Wolf, Conflux #03): PUP, RNG, RDM, DRK
Soil and Green (Sieglinde, Base camp): WAR, SMN, SCH, DNC
Wanted: Medical Supplies (Yasuji, Conflux #03): BLM, DRG, NIN, COR

Attohwa (Head):

Looking for Lookouts (Colti, Field Camp): WAR, SCH, DNC, SMN
An Acrididaen Anodyne (Yoran-Oran, Base camp): RDM, DRK, PUP, RNG
Flown the Coop (Brutus, Field Camp): MNK, BRD, PLD, BLU
Threadbare Tributlations (Ponono, Field Camp): WHM, BST, SAM, THF
An Offer You Can't Refuse (Garnev): BLM, DRG, NIN, COR

You need 8 of these seals for each piece of equipment upgraded.

(2) The +2 upgrade items are various Coins, Stones, Cards and Jewels that drop from "the big" NMs in the new Abyssea areas (the ones you see in the CS on entering the zone for the first time.) These NMs require Key Items to pop, which are found in Gold chests from the corresponding region.

You need 6 of them in all, but the specific items vary from piece to piece. Wiki has the listings under Magian Trials.

---------------------

Here are the AF3s themselves, complete with stats for each upgrade. DDDDRRRRRROOOOOOOOOLLLL. :D~~
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-11 09:51:20  
I have a theory on this, but need confirmation... Do the feet only matching the heads sold by cruor prospector drop in those respective zones' gold chests?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-11 09:58:58  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
I have a theory on this, but need confirmation... Do the feet only matching the heads sold by cruor prospector drop in those respective zones' gold chests?

That would make a lot of sense. Let's hope SE did something normal for a change! lol
 Siren.Stunx
サーバ: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2010-09-11 10:01:39  
nice post
 Gilgamesh.Ittoryu
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Ittoryu 2010-09-11 10:09:05  
good info
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-11 10:11:16  
I've read rumors that some of the Resistance Ops also reward with Seals for the +1 upgrade. That would be a nice 2nd source. Does anyone know anything about this? (Which Ops, what seals, is it random, is it specific, etc?)

We should get out there and start killing these NMs and seeing if any drop the +2 upgrade items. I don't trust Wiki on this one: for all I know, someone could've dat-mined to find the items and then just randomly attributed stuff to different NMs like back when ZNM came out.
 Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume
user: Jarbino
By Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume 2010-09-11 10:17:32  
Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou said:
I've read rumors that some of the Resistance Ops also reward with Seals for the +1 upgrade. That would be a nice 2nd source. Does anyone know anything about this? (Which Ops, what seals, is it random, is it specific, etc?) We should get out there and start killing these NMs and seeing if any drop the +2 upgrade items. I don't trust Wiki on this one: for all I know, someone could've dat-mined to find the items and then just randomly attributed stuff to different NMs like back when ZNM came out.

If you need someone, I'm here. Just toss me a /t ingame!
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-11 10:21:14  
Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou said:
I've read rumors that some of the Resistance Ops also reward with Seals for the +1 upgrade. That would be a nice 2nd source. Does anyone know anything about this? (Which Ops, what seals, is it random, is it specific, etc?)

We should get out there and start killing these NMs and seeing if any drop the +2 upgrade items. I don't trust Wiki on this one: for all I know, someone could've dat-mined to find the items and then just randomly attributed stuff to different NMs like back when ZNM came out.

I know for sure that the Vampyr NM in Vunk drops nin, drk, pup feet seals because there is an attached SS on wiki in the "testimonials" page.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-11 10:23:01  
Yeah the +1 items def drop from NMs, I'm just not sure about the +2. Sorry, I probably worded that weird, the way I did.

The Vunkerl page shows Bukhis as only dropping seals, but Bukhis' page itself shows a Card of Voyage, so there's ALREADY some inconsistency there. It would be awesome, though, if you could farm the +2 items at the same time you're farming the +1's.

Edit: Someone's updated Vunkerl's page and now it shows Bukhis as dropping both a Card of Voyage and a Stone of Voyage. Bukhis' page by itself, however, still only shows the Card.

Can someone confirm that these NMs also drop the +2 items? I'm going to be really, really happy if they do. That's just pure efficiency in farming.
 Leviathan.Inem
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Inem
By Leviathan.Inem 2010-09-11 10:33:41  
You could also get base feet seals from an Abyssea quest.. I've only done it for one zone (The Boxwatcher's Behest) but I've gotten smn feet to drop for me. Quest is repeatable, drop is random (I believe certain zones carry only certain jobs) and is not 100%. I'm not a big NM killing person so this is a good alternative anyone can do on their own time.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-11 10:35:45  
Leviathan.Inem said:
You could also get base feet seals from an Abyssea quest.. I've only done it for one zone (The Boxwatcher's Behest) but I've gotten smn feet to drop for me. Quest is repeatable, drop is random (I believe certain zones carry only certain jobs) and is not 100%. I'm not a big NM killing person so this is a good alternative anyone can do on their own time.

NICE I'll have to check this out ^^
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-11 10:35:51  
Leviathan.Inem said:

That's awesome! I'll add it to the list.
 Cerberus.Savannah
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2010-09-11 10:39:33  
Leviathan.Inem said:

I wish it was on the job you did it as tho...instead of it being random....stupid warrior....dropped 2 of them already u.u

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Diveine
user: Diveine
By Quetzalcoatl.Diveine 2010-09-11 10:44:36  
If it helps for list, ls member was in Abyssea Miseraux and BRD Feet basic af3 dropped.

I'll be online later tonight, can hit me up to team up for some NM's if u want.
 Cerberus.Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2010-09-11 10:48:38  
i wish there were more ppl going after the abyssea parties in the new zones for AF3.....

they're all japanese so far and loljponry
 Asura.Chefm
サーバ: Asura
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2010-09-11 11:42:54  
Very nice
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-09-11 11:43:03  
Awesome OP. Thank you.
Kudos and +1.

Keep up the updating!
[+]
 Titan.Eiryn
サーバ: Titan
user: Eiryn
By Titan.Eiryn 2010-09-11 11:51:08  
Made a colibri Abyssea Miseroux Coast party last night. BST, PLD and BRD feet dropped from small gold chests at around 15 amber lights. However after 20+ amber lights, they seemed to stop showing up in chests. Considering that BST, PLD and BRD pants are given by the Bastion Prefect, I think it is safe to assume that the specific feet drop in the corresponding head/pants zone. On a side note, the Colibri there do not drop ruby lights, so while they are GREAT for blue and gold chests, not so great for quick exp.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2010-09-11 12:39:18  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Got a DNC Feet Abj from the quest "The Boxwatcher's Behest" in Abyssea - Vunkerl. >_>;;

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! i need 7 more of those ; ; and the stupid feet themselves....
 Cerberus.Phyrefly
user: Phyrefly
By Cerberus.Phyrefly 2010-09-11 12:42:33  
Thanks for the info! :)
 Lakshmi.Ricco
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Ricco
By Lakshmi.Ricco 2010-09-11 14:50:37  
Great so I now have to compete with X amount of people lotting ***in alliances to get feet -_- I don't like this one bit :( there's no other way to get the feet? >_<
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2010-09-11 14:53:48  
Lakshmi.Ricco said:
Great so I now have to compete with X amount of people lotting ***in alliances to get feet -_- I don't like this one bit :( there's no other way to get the feet? >_<

dont try and upgrade a job everyone else is at the moment? :P
 Lakshmi.Ricco
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Ricco
By Lakshmi.Ricco 2010-09-11 15:05:31  
Fenrir.Rinnsi said:
Lakshmi.Ricco said:

dont try and upgrade a job everyone else is at the moment? :P

lol well I will assume everyone will want to upgrade DD'srdm and blm first. I guess ill focus on nin thf and blu esp blu since oddly we don't have very many on lakshmi
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-11 19:37:55  
I can confirm that AF feets are dropping in the same zone as you buy the head/legs for respective job.

I just left an abyssea-vunkerls party, and all jobs that were able to buy their head/leg pieces in vunkerl, also dropped in gold chests in that area.

I gots my NIN feet from there <3
 Cerberus.Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2010-09-11 20:33:49  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
I can confirm that AF feets are dropping in the same zone as you buy the head/legs for respective job. I just left an abyssea-vunkerls party, and all jobs that were able to buy their head/leg pieces in vunkerl, also dropped in gold chests in that area. I gots my NIN feet from there <3

Nobody will party there on Cerb except Japanese....and they jponry! >:O
 Cerberus.Cruxus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2010-09-12 01:44:47  
From what I've experienced from quests:

The Boxwatcher's Behest: WHM (tossed)

Bad Communication: BST(tossed), COR?(I say this cause I saw in inventory and didn't see which quest rewarded it)

Aqua Puraga: COR?(between above and this)

His Bridge, His Beloved: PLD x2

Scattered Shells, Scattered Mind: RNG(tossed), DRK

-On a side note for this one, the ??? point near Bastion area seems kinda glitchy. Ran through no prob first time, second went through again, got to bastion area and couldn't target for longest time. Bastion battle started and I began resting up and was tabbing through ppl and npc's and found it, why I couldn't before...god only knows.

Mis. Coast

-Galkan Sausage quest: Furnature for first time, and RDM pants on a different run. Just a thought but I think quality of sausage results in higher % of obtaining a seal...just a thought cause I haven't gotten
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-12 01:51:57  
I've only been doing sausage +3. Mostly cause it's alot easier. Just make a trade macro hold down alt or ctrl and spam enter... it will trade if you aren't in the middle of doing it and if you are it will keep on putting it in longer if you are.

Seems like 1/6 or so seal turn in. So far I've gotten 5 rdms 3 rng 3 drk and 1 pup. Um rdm and rng are legs not sure about the rest

Btw which rng seal did you get with scattered shells/mind?
 Shiva.Shinneh
サーバ: Shiva
user: Shinneh
By Shiva.Shinneh 2010-09-12 07:39:07  
Ok so I finally got all 8 of my Estoq. Seal:Legs and i've already marked the Estoquer's legs with the trial.

But how the hell do you complete the trial? >_< I've tried trading the moogle all 8 seals, trading him the legs with all 8 in inventory and traded a combination of both <.<

Anybody have an idea how to finish an armour trial ; ; lol
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8