フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Everything you need to know about AF3
Everything you need to know about AF3
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-15 09:45:59  
Thread has been stickied. A lot of good information here.
[+]
 Bismarck.Luces
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Luces 2010-09-15 10:06:23  
Odin.Blazza said:
Cerberus.Savannah said:
Has anyone noticed while doing Soil and Green the logging points disappearing?

There have been 2 points I was using and apparently a lot of other people using and they disappeared....and didn't reset either at jp midnight...u.u
I'm pretty sure they are actually legitimate logging points, so if someone happens to actually log them, they'll move. I know mining points move on their own if unmined, not sure if logging points do the same, if they do, it's not as often. If you really want a logging point to be in a better spot, you'll have to log the other points to make them move.

I read on BG that the condition of the soil improves the more the quest is repeated so I would say if it disappeared and Didn't come back till JP midnight that the logging points you where using where over farmed and the soil was restored to perfect condition.
 Sylph.Priy
サーバ: Sylph
user: jarredpoe
By Sylph.Priy 2010-09-15 10:17:36  
What fame 1 quest are ppl spamming to get to 3 in Abyssea - Attohwa?
 Shiva.Shinneh
サーバ: Shiva
user: Shinneh
By Shiva.Shinneh 2010-09-15 10:26:26  
Do the quest to do Cura2 and Wayward Wares a few times, that should do it.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-09-15 10:26:30  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
F the sausage quest...F it in the A....seriously... it took me 130.. yes 130 friggin iterations of that quest to get 8 pup seals (yay finally got my pants done ^^)....in that time I got 16..yes 16 f-in rdm (my rdm is 43), 9 rng 8 drk.... wtf...all i wanted out of any of those were pup lol... ate a lot of my damn abyssea stones ><

this -^ but i did for cookbook quest

Poonjabi said:
I spammed the Cookbook of Hope Restoring quest with Samurai Leg Seals in mind. It took me 10 stones, and probably about 100 tries, but I got my 8 Seals. I also got 8 Whm (Saving), 10 Bst, and 9 Thf (Thf/Bst both tossed).

It's time consuming, but in the end I'd say it's worth it if you have the patience and traverser stones (I had 17 stored when I started) and simply want to solo your seals. I also capped fame in the area. Having Conflux 00/01/03/07/08 obviously speed up the process (3 minutes to complete ??? outside of colibri - usually just waited for the 10 minute block for colibri to be over to save my time). It's real easy, just gotta be patient.

this is exactly what im saying. I have burned through 15 stones in the past 2-3 days doing bastion to get pants, doing quests for res points, doing NM fights in a few of the zones, doing this quest over and over and over for the leg seals it was ridiculous and im not even half way done. I literally did this for 4-5 hours last night ended up with 6 SAM, 2 THF 1/2 BST and 2 WHM (I need WHM) burned through every single one of my stones and all my time.

I was able to hit the spider camp ??? 3x the bird camp 2x 3x Peiste and 2x Bugard for each pop in the 10 minutes they were up. This was after getting everything figured out but I did many runs this way,

In any case Jonette is on my ***list forEVAR. It's seriously ridiculous seeing this train of people all doing this quest passing each other for hours its so friggen stupid it makes me wonder if SE just watches and laughs their *** off.
 Shiva.Shinneh
By Shiva.Shinneh 2010-09-15 10:28:21  
You have no idea >.> spent over 15 hours doing the Quest to get AF3 Head seals for RDM in Attowha... 4/8 currently.

Just made the RNG AF3+1 head because I saved up the seals.. and my rng is only level 41 lol.

Burning stones really is driving me mad now.
 Sylph.Priy
user: jarredpoe
By Sylph.Priy 2010-09-15 10:42:26  
I did those two quest already and sadly they aren't repeatable :( and I don't wanna spam Threadbare Tribulations cause I don't have any of those jobs and the item is 100k on my server atm...
By Halfpint 2010-09-15 14:09:10  
I have read through this...not seen what i am looking for. It seems everyone is doing this stuff solo... could a pt of ppl do the sausage mission and then lot what falls??
Seems more beneficial that way

Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2010-09-15 20:47:15  
Wanted: Medical Supplies

how do you complete this mission? am i supposed to hit the ones that could possibly be fakes? ><
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-15 20:52:58  
Halfpint said:
I have read through this...not seen what i am looking for. It seems everyone is doing this stuff solo... could a pt of ppl do the sausage mission and then lot what falls??
Seems more beneficial that way

its a quest turn in...what quest turn ins do you know, fall to treasure pool?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Devaraja 2010-09-16 00:12:10  
So, uh, about this Refuel and Replenish quest in Attowa... Anybody have any luck yet? Just tried my hand... 30 minutes wasted searching for a martello below 100%... _ _
 Ifrit.Rikiyame
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Rikiyame
By Ifrit.Rikiyame 2010-09-16 22:06:18  
Devaraja said:
So, uh, about this Refuel and Replenish quest in Attowa... Anybody have any luck yet? Just tried my hand... 30 minutes wasted searching for a martello below 100%... _ _

I got everyone from Bastion to go use number 6 which is roughly F-7-ish. The quest rewarded 35 cruor...
 Sylph.Kittty
user: Kittty
By Sylph.Kittty 2010-09-16 23:11:36  
So I don't have any proof other than my word and experience, but I wanted to throw out a theory that I've been noticing and so far has been working for me.

I have been doing the Galkan Sausage quest (lol) with the occasional Bastion when I saw the text for it. My first seal was DRK legs, then I got x2 RNG or RDM (dunno which is which), then x2 RDM or RNG, then PUP, then the cycle started over again.

The things I noticed that are important to note is there seemed to be a cool off between when the galkan would give me a seal, not sure if this is time or number turned in, but it seemed fairly consistent when doing it all day. never back to back, usually there were quite a few in the middle. I noticed that the ones that I would stop and do bastion for, I would only get one of that seal before it switched to the next job (because I wasn't able to check as often) but the times I didn't do that, I'd be able to get 2 of the same seal in the time frame before it switched to the next.

Like I said, I haven't done enough testing since noticing this pattern to confirm/deny this, but since I noticed it and started testing it, short term, I did notice it happening. Wondering if anyone else has had similar results. I know people say it's random, but I am starting to think it may not be. There may be two counters/cycles going on:

1.) cycles from Job A > Job B > Job C > Job D > Job A > etc. (not sure of time frame, but this is definitely what I noticed when doing this non-stop)
2.) a certain time or number of turn in's must elapse for another seal to be obtained. THIS part may be random, but it did seem to have a rhythm to it. Perhaps it's a combination of a minimum amount of time and a minimum number of turn ins, or one or the other, or neither and this part is just /random.

That is all. Sorry if too long, I just wanted to be thorough and see if others saw this pattern at all. It's the only quest I tried so far, so I may be way off, but any theory/info is helpful I think. 8D

(Wife aggro, forgive me if there is any mispellings or anything [Run away!])
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-09-16 23:18:03  
In the same zone, the quest with the logging points. Has anyone tried standing at different distances away from the logging point before clicking on it? Seems like when I stood far away I wouldn't get any seals. But tbh it all seems fairly random :/

I hope we start getting some more complete info on where to get af3+2 items.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-16 23:30:10  
Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said:
Wanted: Medical Supplies

how do you complete this mission? am i supposed to hit the ones that could possibly be fakes? ><
I've explained this a couple of times, but after starting the quest, you simply need to open a blue chest, without a key, that's higher than the lowest level. If you have the abyssite that helps with blue chests, you *might* be able to do it with a random one, not sure, as it has a chance of increasing the tier of the chest that drops. For this same reason you might be able to get it off the first blue chest that drops off a mob without building azure lights, but chances are you will have to build them up a bit.

The best way to do this quest is to activate it before a party, take a minute out to open a chest at some stage and then hand in the key item after your party. However, the only viable way I can think of to spam this quest, is to leech off a party/alliance. Activate quest, open chest, turn in quest, zone, repeat. While the other 17 people in the alliance continue to exp as normal, their chests will be a high enough tier for you to get the key item from, you only have to be in party when the mob is killed in order to be able to open it.

Also, you and your alliance will still get what's in the chest, but you will ALSO get the key item. So doing it this way you'll only miss the chests that drop while you're zoning, and can potentially keep your time up too.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-09-16 23:59:14  
Odin.Blazza said:
Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said:
Wanted: Medical Supplies how do you complete this mission? am i supposed to hit the ones that could possibly be fakes? ><
I've explained this a couple of times, but after starting the quest, you simply need to open a blue chest, without a key, that's higher than the lowest level. If you have the abyssite that helps with blue chests, you *might* be able to do it with a random one, not sure, as it has a chance of increasing the tier of the chest that drops. For this same reason you might be able to get it off the first blue chest that drops off a mob without building azure lights, but chances are you will have to build them up a bit. The best way to do this quest is to activate it before a party, take a minute out to open a chest at some stage and then hand in the key item after your party. However, the only viable way I can think of to spam this quest, is to leech off a party/alliance. Activate quest, open chest, turn in quest, zone, repeat. While the other 17 people in the alliance continue to exp as normal, their chests will be a high enough tier for you to get the key item from, you only have to be in party when the mob is killed in order to be able to open it. Also, you and your alliance will still get what's in the chest, but you will ALSO get the key item. So doing it this way you'll only miss the chests that drop while you're zoning, and can potentially keep your time up too.

Yeah I have the blue chest key item. We went into abyssea misareaux to farm some nm's. We beat up a couple pink birds for pop item and a chest dropped. Opened it and got the key item first try. I opened a random blue chest I found a couple days prior and didn't get key item.
 Valefor.Madranta
サーバ: Valefor
user: Madranta
By Valefor.Madranta 2010-09-17 05:09:21  
Sylph.Kittty said:
So I don't have any proof other than my word and experience, but I wanted to throw out a theory that I've been noticing and so far has been working for me.

I have been doing the Galkan Sausage quest (lol) with the occasional Bastion when I saw the text for it. My first seal was DRK legs, then I got x2 RNG or RDM (dunno which is which), then x2 RDM or RNG, then PUP, then the cycle started over again.

The things I noticed that are important to note is there seemed to be a cool off between when the galkan would give me a seal, not sure if this is time or number turned in, but it seemed fairly consistent when doing it all day. never back to back, usually there were quite a few in the middle. I noticed that the ones that I would stop and do bastion for, I would only get one of that seal before it switched to the next job (because I wasn't able to check as often) but the times I didn't do that, I'd be able to get 2 of the same seal in the time frame before it switched to the next.

Like I said, I haven't done enough testing since noticing this pattern to confirm/deny this, but since I noticed it and started testing it, short term, I did notice it happening. Wondering if anyone else has had similar results. I know people say it's random, but I am starting to think it may not be. There may be two counters/cycles going on:

1.) cycles from Job A > Job B > Job C > Job D > Job A > etc. (not sure of time frame, but this is definitely what I noticed when doing this non-stop)
2.) a certain time or number of turn in's must elapse for another seal to be obtained. THIS part may be random, but it did seem to have a rhythm to it. Perhaps it's a combination of a minimum amount of time and a minimum number of turn ins, or one or the other, or neither and this part is just /random.

That is all. Sorry if too long, I just wanted to be thorough and see if others saw this pattern at all. It's the only quest I tried so far, so I may be way off, but any theory/info is helpful I think. 8D

I haven't done the sausage quest, but my experience from the Cookbook quest would point away from there being any pattern. My primary reasoning behind this comes from teaming up with another player doing the same quest after I helped him kill a Pieste that had aggroed him. We would both turn the quest in at about the same time and get different seals (or 1 of us would get 1 while the other didn't). I was MNK/WHM (/WHM for RR and sneak/invis) and he was MNK/NIN so main job can't be used to explain the variation. So unless the pattern varies from player to player (highly unlikely), then I believe these seals are handed out randomly.
 Valefor.Madranta
サーバ: Valefor
user: Madranta
By Valefor.Madranta 2010-09-17 05:25:04  
Sylph.Priy said:
What fame 1 quest are ppl spamming to get to 3 in Abyssea - Attohwa?

I got to fame rank 2 after doing the Cura 2 quest, Wayward Wares, and 3 Resistance Ops (Ward Warden I x2 and Crimson Carpet I x1). The Resistance Ops were done last so I can confirm that they do increase fame.

I haven't gotten around to increasing my fame further but there are several rank 2 repeatable quests that, while they look time consuming, are very soloable. One of these quests (Flown the Coop) was changed in the last day or so on the wiki from requiring fame rank 5 to only fame rank 2. This is the quest that rewards MNK, PLD, BLU, BRD head Seals. Less fame farming for people like me that want MNK :D
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-09-17 05:45:13  
Sylph.Kittty said:

I don't think there is any type of pattern. I got 4RDMs in a row which I was pretty excited about cause I was working on RDM then a DRK then I got another RDM. Then for like 8 stacks of sausages i got nothing then randomly thrown in some PUP DRK and RNG when I was getting up toward stacks 12 and then finally started seeing rdm bouncing between DRK and PUP until I got all 8 seals.
 Shiva.Shinneh
By Shiva.Shinneh 2010-09-17 07:11:57  

Two down... one to go ; ;
[+]
 Cerberus.Delsus
サーバ: Cerberus
user: delsus
By Cerberus.Delsus 2010-09-17 19:27:06  
Do we know which quest for drg head in attowah (sp?) yet?
 Sylph.Nanie
user: nanii
By Sylph.Nanie 2010-09-17 19:32:49  
brd,sam gearz.. /droolll
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-17 22:08:25  
Yeah I can debunk that thing. Like I've done it non stop for hours. My first 3 seals were rng. I got another one not long after.... 30+ seals later I finally got another one. I've gotten some back to back... in fact usually most my seals have come in batches. Not necessarily like get seals back to back but the jobs when I do get tend to come in streaks of at least 3 most of the time.
 Sylph.Kittty
user: Kittty
By Sylph.Kittty 2010-09-18 09:36:46  
Sylph.Kittty said:

So I know people are saying this isn't so, but I did further testing the next morning and it followed the exact same pattern. I found myself being able to predict which seal would come next. I did finally have a seal back to back, however, so that part would seem to be /random, but the seals definitely went through the cycle and PUP always showed up just as expected. Maybe my game is just broken to my advantage, I dunno, but I finished PUP so I'm happy. :) Will test theory on another quest later despite the nonbelievers.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-18 12:02:02  
I think they might have changed it a bit. Cause I just 3 seals in 3 trade ins in a row and more amazing added to the 1 I got 2 before that I actually did get them to go in some kind of order. Or at least just 1 of each. Specifically rng, drk, pup, rdm

The reason I say this is a change is because by now I've gotten enough rdm ones to make 3 legs, and enough pup/drk to make 2 legs while I still need 3 more to make my rng legs lol.

Edit: Of course I then go like 15 in a row without any seals and that one was the drk... then 2 rngs in a row wootga.

Edit 2: In the last 5 I've gotten 4 rdms and another drk. And 2 of those rdms were back to back trades
 Phoenix.Juggalo
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2010-09-18 14:56:51  
Wanted: Medical Supplies now has a Wiki for it! It's not linked in the OP.

Nothing yet for BLM or DRG head pieces yet, huh? Looking forward to those! :)
 Unicorn.Moldtech
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-09-20 15:25:05  
Can you +3 sausage in gustaberg?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-20 15:34:11  
Unicorn.Moldtech said: