Everything you need to know about AF3
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Hades.Stefanos
サーバ: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-09-14 03:37:58  
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/His_Bridge,_His_Beloved

Anyone know what drops the Viscous Spittle?
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-14 03:44:15  
Hades.Stefanos said:

I wish I knew, I did the first quest. then the damn NPC told me to get my own damn spittle! /rage
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2010-09-14 04:23:34  
It sucks that weapons and armor's share trials, 5 max yeah?
Personally if you do lots of weapon trials and what not i'd wait to get all 8, or close to to start the trial/turn seals in.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-14 06:00:31  
Yup, each quest has unique seal drops and each seal drops from just one quest.

So for blu legs which I'm currently after, it's Yurims quest... The drop rate on those things is ***, I have no stones from having Brooder not drop shoes for me so many times, and the item needed is ~50k on AH... That's 50k every attempt to get the seal I want...
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-14 08:11:11  
Added a quest for SAM, BST, THF, WHM Head seals in Attohwa. This leaves only one repeatable quest in Attohwa, so I'm going to go out on a limb and guess it's for the BLM, NIN, COR, and DRG grouping. I'll change it if that turns out to be wrong.

That should be everything, then. I'll make a continuation post in 3 months when the Hands and Body come out.

Hope this stuff helps!
 Cerberus.Savannah
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2010-09-14 08:17:22  
Odin.Blazza said:
Yup, each quest has unique seal drops and each seal drops from just one quest. So for blu legs which I'm currently after, it's Yurims quest... The drop rate on those things is ***, I have no stones from having Brooder not drop shoes for me so many times, and the item needed is ~50k on AH... That's 50k every attempt to get the seal I want...

The item is 95-100k on Cerberus...be thankful Mr. Blazza <3 ^^

granted i dont need it...but still <3!
[+]
 Asura.Leonrafael
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Leonrafael 2010-09-14 08:45:21  
Got 4 seals from Aqua Puraga quest (all BLM). Im doing it as COR and drop hate is 20%....
By Instant 2010-09-14 09:12:52  
Hades.Stefanos said:

Would love to know this too.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-14 09:17:41  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Aqua Puraga: Seals I've got so far from this quest is Iga (NIN), Ravager (WAR), Cirque (PUP), Navarch (COR).

Edited: Scratched that WAR since I might have gotten that from another quest in the same area. NIN PUP and COR I'm sure of though.

Also got lancer seal: feet (DRG?) from this quest now <.<
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-09-14 09:45:19  
Could someone please Sticky this OP?

Thanks.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-14 12:02:14  
Cerberus.Savannah said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Yup, each quest has unique seal drops and each seal drops from just one quest. So for blu legs which I'm currently after, it's Yurims quest... The drop rate on those things is ***, I have no stones from having Brooder not drop shoes for me so many times, and the item needed is ~50k on AH... That's 50k every attempt to get the seal I want...

The item is 95-100k on Cerberus...be thankful Mr. Blazza <3 ^^

granted i dont need it...but still <3!
50k, 100k, eh, either way I'll be trying to get my seals via NMs, *** that for a joke.
 Fenrir.Dinkydoo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Dinkydoo
By Fenrir.Dinkydoo 2010-09-14 12:21:10  
Odin.Blazza said:
Shiva.Baer said:
Has anyone done the repeatable "Wanted: Medical Supplies" for Abyssea-Mis? All the boxes I check turn out to be mimics.
I've done it twice. First time I got Scarlet Abyssite of Merit, which increases hp/mp/stat buffs (my blu has 2kHP and 1kMP in abyssea now), second time I got nothing.

You can't do it with chests you find, it has to be a chest dropped from a mob, and, I believe, it has to be the highest tier chest. So the only way you can really spam it is by leeching off an exp alliance. Fight until your azure is capped, open a chest (NOT with a key) to get the key item, hand it in. Zone, re-activate quest, open another chest that your alliance has made drop, repeat.

that... sucks > .> wish Cor was the sausage quest. lucky *** lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-14 12:24:47  
Fenrir.Dinkydoo said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Shiva.Baer said:
Has anyone done the repeatable "Wanted: Medical Supplies" for Abyssea-Mis? All the boxes I check turn out to be mimics.
I've done it twice. First time I got Scarlet Abyssite of Merit, which increases hp/mp/stat buffs (my blu has 2kHP and 1kMP in abyssea now), second time I got nothing. You can't do it with chests you find, it has to be a chest dropped from a mob, and, I believe, it has to be the highest tier chest. So the only way you can really spam it is by leeching off an exp alliance. Fight until your azure is capped, open a chest (NOT with a key) to get the key item, hand it in. Zone, re-activate quest, open another chest that your alliance has made drop, repeat.
Holy ***that sucks
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-14 12:35:22  
Well, turns out it just has to be not tier I, but yeah, the method I out-lined is still probably your only real chance of getting it done. I tried for about half an hour before someone enlightened me that blu doesn't drop there... Finished it 4-5 times, got one blm seal...
 Shiva.Shinneh
サーバ: Shiva
user: Shinneh
By Shiva.Shinneh 2010-09-14 12:38:38  
Urg, starting to really hate the 'An Acrididaen Anodyne' quest in Abyssea-Attohwa... I mean getting the fame was ok, but trying to catch the Rockhopper is so frustrating! >_< Has taken 10+ minutes sometimes, and to end up repeating this over and over and over just for a chance of RDM head seals drives me crazy lol.

Must find a abyssea LS >.>
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-14 12:40:05  
Yeah some of these quests just aren't feasible. I'm not even going to try for the SAM Head seals. You need 3 items just to complete the quest, and they each sell for 50k on my server. Given that I had to do Cookbook nearly a hundred times to get my 8 Pant seals, that's over 15 million gil just for head. No wai. I'll kill NMs.
By Poonjabi 2010-09-14 12:45:59  
I spammed the Cookbook of Hope Restoring quest with Samurai Leg Seals in mind. It took me 10 stones, and probably about 100 tries, but I got my 8 Seals. I also got 8 Whm (Saving), 10 Bst, and 9 Thf (Thf/Bst both tossed).

It's time consuming, but in the end I'd say it's worth it if you have the patience and traverser stones (I had 17 stored when I started) and simply want to solo your seals. I also capped fame in the area. Having Conflux 00/01/03/07/08 obviously speed up the process (3 minutes to complete ??? outside of colibri - usually just waited for the 10 minute block for colibri to be over to save my time). It's real easy, just gotta be patient.
[+]
 Cerberus.Dirkoni
user: dirkoni
By Cerberus.Dirkoni 2010-09-14 13:20:42  
Arggg frustrating doing this sausage quest =(
7 DRK, 7 RDM , 5 RNG , 2 PUP (the one I need) after like 12 stacks traded.. Just venting..

Oh.. I did have an issue with the +3 sausages, was wondering if anyone else ran into. I got up to 2 stacks of them (while cooking them).. any more after that, I got the message... but didn't get a sausage. So started stopping at +2 and got those fine.. Weird?
 Cerberus.Dirkoni
user: dirkoni
By Cerberus.Dirkoni 2010-09-14 13:23:35  
Venting works! PUP seal right after posting >< haha
 Cerberus.Savannah
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2010-09-14 16:18:27  
Has anyone noticed while doing Soil and Green the logging points disappearing?

There have been 2 points I was using and apparently a lot of other people using and they disappeared....and didn't reset either at jp midnight...u.u
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2010-09-14 23:34:50  
Cerberus.Dirkoni said:
Arggg frustrating doing this sausage quest =(
7 DRK, 7 RDM , 5 RNG , 2 PUP (the one I need) after like 12 stacks traded.. Just venting..

Oh.. I did have an issue with the +3 sausages, was wondering if anyone else ran into. I got up to 2 stacks of them (while cooking them).. any more after that, I got the message... but didn't get a sausage. So started stopping at +2 and got those fine.. Weird?

My friend was aimin for pup too, it's fosure a lower rate than the other 4 (including zippo)
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-15 03:21:56  
Cerberus.Savannah said:
Has anyone noticed while doing Soil and Green the logging points disappearing?

There have been 2 points I was using and apparently a lot of other people using and they disappeared....and didn't reset either at jp midnight...u.u
I'm pretty sure they are actually legitimate logging points, so if someone happens to actually log them, they'll move. I know mining points move on their own if unmined, not sure if logging points do the same, if they do, it's not as often. If you really want a logging point to be in a better spot, you'll have to log the other points to make them move.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-15 09:19:48  
Fenrir.Dinkydoo said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Shiva.Baer said:
I've done it twice. First time I got Scarlet Abyssite of Merit, which increases hp/mp/stat buffs (my blu has 2kHP and 1kMP in abyssea now), second time I got nothing.

You can't do it with chests you find, it has to be a chest dropped from a mob, and, I believe, it has to be the highest tier chest. So the only way you can really spam it is by leeching off an exp alliance. Fight until your azure is capped, open a chest (NOT with a key) to get the key item, hand it in. Zone, re-activate quest, open another chest that your alliance has made drop, repeat.

Are you joking me? You have to get chests from mobs and the chests HAVE to be highest tier for the quest?

Edit: nvm I solod some mobs and got the supplies on first chest that dropped
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-15 09:29:08  
F the sausage quest...F it in the A....seriously... it took me 130.. yes 130 friggin iterations of that quest to get 8 pup seals (yay finally got my pants done ^^)....in that time I got 16..yes 16 f-in rdm (my rdm is 43), 9 rng 8 drk.... wtf...all i wanted out of any of those were pup lol... ate a lot of my damn abyssea stones ><
 Cerberus.Fahzewn
user: Fahzewn
By Cerberus.Fahzewn 2010-09-15 09:31:41  
Sorry if this has been answered already somewhere but does light strength determine if the AF feet drop? Or is it hopefully random from any gold chest?
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-15 09:35:21  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Fenrir.Dinkydoo said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Shiva.Baer said:

Are you joking me? You have to get chests from mobs and the chests HAVE to be highest tier for the quest?
Just has to be higher than bottom tier. But even still, attempting this solo, I had to kill ~8 mobs (all magic kill) before a chest even dropped at all, and either my abyssea kicked in or that was enough to pump it up to tier 2, but that's a lot to do considering how many times you'd have to spam it. I did try it with an alliance for a little while, wasn't the greatest alliance ever, but it was okay. I completed the quest probably 4-5 times in about half an hour, but that also included some misunderstanding of the other alliance members (getting them to understand and agree to what you're doing is probably the hardest part), and a few time chests, so at least I still exited with 120 minutes.
 Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume
user: Jarbino
By Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume 2010-09-15 09:35:34  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Fenrir.Dinkydoo said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Shiva.Baer said:
I've done it twice. First time I got Scarlet Abyssite of Merit, which increases hp/mp/stat buffs (my blu has 2kHP and 1kMP in abyssea now), second time I got nothing. You can't do it with chests you find, it has to be a chest dropped from a mob, and, I believe, it has to be the highest tier chest. So the only way you can really spam it is by leeching off an exp alliance. Fight until your azure is capped, open a chest (NOT with a key) to get the key item, hand it in. Zone, re-activate quest, open another chest that your alliance has made drop, repeat.

You need a Murex Spicule for the PLD/MNK/BLU/BRD Quest Unidentified Research Object, which goes for 100k on this server...

So not looking forward to that.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-15 09:36:31  
Cerberus.Fahzewn said:
Sorry if this has been answered already somewhere but does light strength determine if the AF feet drop? Or is it hopefully random from any gold chest?
Pretty sure I've only seen them from the big chests. I could be wrong though.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-15 09:39:20  
Odin.Blazza said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Fenrir.Dinkydoo said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Shiva.Baer said:

Just has to be higher than bottom tier. But even still, attempting this solo, I had to kill ~8 mobs (all magic kill) before a chest even dropped at all, and either my abyssea kicked in or that was enough to pump it up to tier 2, but that's a lot to do considering how many times you'd have to spam it. I did try it with an alliance for a little while, wasn't the greatest alliance ever, but it was okay. I completed the quest probably 4-5 times in about half an hour, but that also included some misunderstanding of the other alliance members (getting them to understand and agree to what you're doing is probably the hardest part), and a few time chests, so at least I still exited with 120 minutes.

I just did this for the first time. Solo about 4 bats and got an exp chest to drop, got the key item with that chest. Can you use keys to open the chest and still get the key item btw?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8