God Did Not Create The Universe, Says Hawking

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » God did not create the universe, says Hawking
God did not create the universe, says Hawking
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 38 39 40
 Phoenix.Darki
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-03 03:39:55  
semimmortal said:
After "debating" with mentally challenged posters, you guys haven't found out the true purpose of religion?

=(
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-09-03 03:40:05  
this thread needs more flying sharks

Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-09-03 03:40:17  
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
semimmortal said:
After "debating" with mentally challenged posters, you guys haven't found out the true purpose of religion?

You will only see me act like that once on a blue moon. It is pretty unfortunate it has to be today of all days. >.>

2 blue moons in 1 month from what I've seen.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-09-03 03:41:37  
I will be fine tomorrow, it is the weekend.
 Leviathan.Dissonant
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-03 03:41:56  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Meh, the Job Adjustments Part II is lame >_> none of the important jobs got a boost, SE just gave increases to the loljobs 8(

I play all of those loljobs so this was the biggest news for me :D
I'm on top of my game. I skimmed that page and though almost all of them were nerfs. Thought it said they were increasing avatar perpetuation. D:
By Kanjirou 2010-09-03 03:42:32  
Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury said:
Leviathan.Dissonant said:
2. Relevant?! Yes! You were comparing me to several Ph.Ds and "(your fellow) atheists who DO study math and science". Your specialty vs mine? Fair?? I think so!
I thought your specialty was particle physics. You do have a degree in it, after all

No, that was my first degree. After that I completed another in CIS and went straight to training for my CCIE. My career has nothing to do with math or science, mainly networking.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

What's the difference between canonical quantization and the path-integral formulation? Why is the latter better suited for QFT?

Seriously, who do you think you're fooling? Religious people are supposedly the ones deceiving themselves, and yet you've made up an imaginary degree and go around bragging about it on the internet to prove how much smarter you are than them.

There's something downright pathological about all this.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Dissonant
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-03 03:46:18  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Meh, the Job Adjustments Part II is lame >_> none of the important jobs got a boost, SE just gave increases to the loljobs 8(

I play all of those loljobs so this was the biggest news for me :D
I'm on top of my game. I skimmed that page and though almost all of them were nerfs. Thought it said they were increasing avatar perpetuation. D:

If the 1 minute activate allows me to spam my automaton at some mob I will be *** thrilled.

It does not have to do anything except hit the mob and that is what I assume it would do.
Sounds too good to be true. There's got to be some kind of downside

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Ethics
サーバ: Cerberus
user: zerohoax
By Cerberus.Ethics 2010-09-03 03:50:20  
Kanjirou said:
What's the difference between canonical quantization and the path-integral formulation? Why is the latter better suited for QFT?

Seriously, who do you think you're fooling? Religious people are supposedly the ones deceiving themselves, and yet you've made up an imaginary degree and go around bragging about it on the internet to prove how much smarter you are than them.

I am almost certain everything he has portrayed himself to be is fake. I don't even think he is that pretty girl in his avatar anymore.

Who gets a degree in particle physics and decides to wipe their *** with that degree (and the money wasted to obtain it) to plug in some cat5 at the local Best Buy?

Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-03 03:51:52  
Kanjirou said:
2. Relevant?! Yes! You were comparing me to several Ph.Ds and "(your fellow) atheists who DO study math and science". Your specialty vs mine? Fair?? I think so!
I thought your specialty was particle physics. You do have a degree in it, after all

No, that was my first degree. After that I completed another in CIS and went straight to training for my CCIE. My career has nothing to do with math or science, mainly networking.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

The fact that you fail to see the truth behind his degree speaks in volumes about yourself.
By Kanjirou 2010-09-03 03:53:12  
Cerberus.Ethics said:
I don't even think he is that pretty girl in his avatar anymore.

lol'd, A+, will lol again.
[+]
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
サーバ: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-09-03 03:54:17  
Darki, I would ask you to have my babies. But you already did.
By Kanjirou 2010-09-03 03:55:44  
Phoenix.Darki said:
The fact that you fail to see the truth behind his degree speaks in volumes about yourself.

Really? Why? What evidence has he offered that he actually has one? He's completely ignored every direct physics question I've asked him, questions which are absolutely fundamental to an understanding of particle physics (and which are usually covered in an introductory course). On top of that, he doesn't appear terribly old. Unless he's the next Terence Tao or something, I doubt he has a Ph.D. -- which is the level where they award degrees for something as specialized as particle physics. I mean, I haven't heard of too many schools offering undergraduate degrees in subjects that require a background in quantum field theory.

But then, I could be wrong. He could be all these things. In which case, it would be terribly easy for him to prove it.

I thought we atheists cared about proof and evidence and all that good stuff?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-03 04:00:24  
Kanjirou said:

lol I know him.

And you have a very flawed view of atheism.

Atheism is lack of belief in god, nothing else. Doesn't say it's because we need proof or anything like that lol.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-03 04:01:40  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Just for your information, Arabs created:

* mirrors
* carpets
* cotton for clothing
* ships compasses
* writing paper
* slippers
* wheelbarrows
* mattresses
* chess
* Arabic figures 0-9
* pain killing drugs
* algebra
* irrigation
* chemistry
* the colour scarlet
* water wheels
* water clocks

So I'm smarter than all of y'all lawl~
so you're arab....?
yet you have an american flag, is that how proud you are of your origin?
By Kanjirou 2010-09-03 04:03:11  
Phoenix.Darki said:
Kanjirou said:

lol I know him.

Then maybe you could provide the evidence that he isn't entirely full of ***?

I find it terribly ironic and telling that the very same people who filled the previous 30 threads with arguments about evidence and proof for outlandish claims are now suddenly so resistant to provide evidence and proof for the outlandish claims of one arrogant kid pretending to be something he isn't, simply because he's "one of us" and not "one of them."

*This* is exactly what bothers me about the nature of this "debate" these days. I'm almost ashamed to be an atheist because every freaking time I turn around, I see this sort of stuff happening. There's a huge group-think at work and it's just ugly and hypocritical.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-09-03 04:05:13  
I love Arab men. Let's hangout.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-03 04:05:29  
Kanjirou said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Kanjirou said:

lol I know him.

I find it terribly ironic and telling that the very same people who filled the previous 30 threads with arguments about evidence and proof for outlandish claims are now suddenly so resistant to provide evidence and proof for the outlandish claims of one arrogant kid pretending to be something he isn't, simply because he's "one of us" and not "one of them."

*This* is exactly what bothers me about the nature of this "debate" these days. I'm almost ashamed to be an atheist because every freaking time I turn around, I see this sort of stuff happening. There's a huge group-think at work and it's just ugly and hypocritical.

then what do you want him to do? lol scan some papers and post them here so he shows you he actually did that stuff.

I can't provide anymore evidence than what he's saying is legitimate and straight.

and don't generalize atheists, you, yourself seem to have the wrong view over all of it and use the word wrongly.

atheism is lack of belief in a god, nothing else any kind of person can be an atheist for whatever reason. don't get it mixed up bro.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-03 04:06:11  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Just for your information, Arabs created:

* mirrors
* carpets
* cotton for clothing
* ships compasses
* writing paper
* slippers
* wheelbarrows
* mattresses
* chess
* Arabic figures 0-9
* pain killing drugs
* algebra
* irrigation
* chemistry
* the colour scarlet
* water wheels
* water clocks

So I'm smarter than all of y'all lawl~
so you're arab....?
yet you have an american flag, is that how proud you are of your origin?
That's cute but no; Palestine does not exist as a country any more unfortunately and I've been living in the US for my whole life so it's my home either way lol.

damn that sucks =(
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-09-03 04:06:22  
Yeah well... Canadians invented synthesizers and the wonder bra!

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-03 04:08:53  
puerto ricans invented sex!
 Bismarck.Pimpjuice
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Pimpjuice 2010-09-03 04:09:23  
but i perfected it
 Leviathan.Dissonant
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-03 04:10:00  
Phoenix.Darki said:
Kanjirou said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Kanjirou said:

lol I know him.

then what do you want him to do? lol scan some papers and post them here so he shows you he actually did that stuff.

I can't provide anymore evidence than what he's saying is legitimate and straight.

and don't generalize atheists, you, yourself seem to have the wrong view over all of it and use the word wrongly.

atheism is lack of belief in a god, nothing else any kind of person can be an atheist for whatever reason. don't get it mixed up bro.
It may have seemed like he insinuated that about atheism, but he didn't. His comment was more aimed at Prince's hypocrisy. It was in mocking fashion.
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 38 39 40