God Did Not Create The Universe, Says Hawking

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » God did not create the universe, says Hawking
God did not create the universe, says Hawking
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40
 Bahamut.Ivve
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: ivve
By Bahamut.Ivve 2010-09-02 18:37:37  
Lynxblade said:
WHO *** CARES????!!!!

(insert obligatory pic of someone not caring here) >_>

Now publish a book based on that theory. MILLIONS OF DOLLARS INC
 Asura.Arkanethered
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2010-09-02 18:39:53  
The sheer stupid expressed in the comments on yahoo under that article make my head hurt.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Lynxblade 2010-09-02 18:43:23  
srsly though, I dont believe in god, and if you do thats cool to each is own. I hate that fact that since I dont believe in god I HAVE to be labeled an atheist. TBH I dont care much for atheist, mainly because the fact most of them act like people talking about god and stuff in school offends them. I've been an atheist for quite sometime, and ive nvr cared about having to say under god in the morning pledge, or having the word god printed on money.
 Ragnarok.Twinbladehaseo
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Twinbladehaseo 2010-09-02 18:45:50  
And he still celebrates holy days :/
[+]
By Lynxblade 2010-09-02 18:48:10  
Leviathan.Dissonant said:
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Lynxblade said:
WHO *** CARES????!!!! (insert obligatory pic of someone not caring here) >_>
Actually Lynx, if the answer to the question of god was solved the world would be better off. So everyone actually cares even if they admit it or not because it is an aspect lurking in the lives of all.
This Edit: but false hope is false. No one one alive will ever know.
imo..........................IMO , if you look at all the theories about how we came to earth, big bang, and evolution do make the most sense, , im not saying I personally believe in those 2 theories, im just saying that they make the most sense out of any religon or w/e
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-09-02 18:48:25  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
In before flame war.

Cracks Knuckles, I also agree with "god" not creating the universe.

But I feel something is out there, if god does exist oh well, for all I know god is an alien... "oh if they exist also.

Other than that, not this thread again :(.
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-09-02 18:49:44  
This pretty much sums it all up. For the US people in here this is Borat/Bruno back in the day.

[+]
 Leviathan.Dissonant
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-02 18:49:52  
Lynxblade said:
I hate that fact that since I dont believe in god I HAVE to be labeled an atheist.
Yeah, I know what you mean. There are people on all sides that make everyone on their side look bad. Basically the moment you accuse someone of being a dumbass for their beliefs, you make an *** out of yourself. No one has any business in anyone else's, er...business. That's that. Just because some christians go out gay bashing or some atheists pick fight with someone who talks about God doesn't mean everyone on that side of the fence is that way. Relatively few are, honestly. It's just the ones that get publicized (the bad ones who do outrageous things) are the ones you see the most, so you assume they are a majority.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dissonant
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-02 18:51:03  
Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
This pretty much sums it all up. For the US people in here this is Borat/Bruno back in the day.

Sacha Baron Cohen is *** amazing. Most of his movies were terrible, though. Anyone else see Da Ali G Movie?
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-09-02 18:51:14  
Lynxblade said:
srsly though, I dont believe in god, and if you do thats cool to each is own. I hate that fact that since I dont believe in god I HAVE to be labeled an atheist. TBH I dont care much for atheist, mainly because the fact most of them act like people talking about god and stuff in school offends them. I've been an atheist for quite sometime, and ive nvr cared about having to say under god in the morning pledge, or having the word god printed on money.

Theists would have a ***fit if we had "In NO God We Trust" printed on money.

Atheists are pretty patient people lol
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mankey
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-02 18:54:27  
I think tlking snakes, virgins having children and mystery men creating the universe is absolutely insanity and sounds like a good movie, but to hate on ones "beliefs" is completely ignorant. If they have "faith" in something science can't prove exists, more power to them, I just don't have that in me I suppose, but i still take my grandma to church every sunday, to say GOD OFFENDS ME, is about as HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE as the whole virgin birth scenario imo
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-09-02 18:55:53  
Oh btw says Hawkings... he like the rest of us is a Mortal Human being, Homo sapien. I watched something with him on it a month ago I think. I like his ideas I have respect for him, but just because one person says something does not mean you have follow it.

What I mean to say is this Hawkings does not believe god created the universe. That is his opinion that I respect, but it does not mean god could not exist.

How do you know if god was not formed after the big bang in some paranormal, dark matter, after effect?
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-09-02 18:56:54  
God on the money is still needless and *** obnoxious anyway.

It's so they can rub it in our faces.

OBVIOUSLY...
[+]
 Leviathan.Dissonant
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-02 18:57:31  
Fenrir.Mankey said:
I think tlking snakes, virgins having children and mystery men creating the universe is absolutely insanity and sounds like a good movie, but to hate on ones "beliefs" is completely ignorant. If they have "faith" in something science can't prove exists, more power to them, I just don't have that in me I suppose, but i still take my grandma to church every sunday, to say GOD OFFENDS ME, is about as HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE as the whole virgin birth scenario imo
ITT: THEISM is not Christianity
By Lynxblade 2010-09-02 18:58:07  
Lynxblade said:
srsly though, I dont believe in god, and if you do thats cool to each is own. I hate that fact that since I dont believe in god I HAVE to be labeled an atheist.
Would you rather be labeled "person who does not believe in god" or an atheist?
Lynxblade said:
TBH I dont care much for atheist, mainly because the fact most of them act like people talking about god and stuff in school offends them.
I am not as an atheist, and that ***offends me. You are thinking in terms of a stereotype too.
Lynxblade said:
and ive nvr cared about having to say under god in the morning pledge, or having the word god printed on money.
I refused to stand or say the pledge in high school, and that got me into a bit of trouble. I see having it in the pledge as unconstitutional (inb4 argument over that) and I would for the money too, except that the Federal Reserve is as Federal Express. God on the money is still needless and *** obnoxious anyway.
Tbh yes i would like to be labeled a person that doesnt believe in god, rather then an athiest, cause when i hear the word atheist, its like im being casted into a group of anti god extremists, due to the fact that most people that believe in god think of atheist as some kinda anti wana kill god demon people

The main reason i stand at the pledge is because i care about my country, and my brother that has been deployed to iraq about 5times about a year or 2 each time.

When i say the pledge of alligence its more of a salute to my country , and my bro. rather then a salute to god.

anyways i g2g eat, bbl 30min-hour
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-09-02 18:59:02  
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
but just because one person says something does not mean you have follow it. What I mean to say is this Hawkings does not believe god created the universe. That is his opinion that I respect, but it does not mean god could not exist.

It goes both ways missy.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-09-02 18:59:15  
Leviathan.Dissonant said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:
ITT: THEISM is not Christianity

This has nothing to do with the bible, oh and point out one religion on the planet compared to them all?
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-09-02 19:00:32  
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
What I mean to say is this Hawkings does not believe god created the universe. That is his opinion that I respect, but it does not mean god could not exist.
It could also mean god doesn't exist. And as far as I know, all he said was "god" did not create the universe.
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
How do you know if god was not formed after the big bang in some paranormal, dark matter, after effect?
Then your god just got pwned by physics.

God, is a thought, that was created by man. On ink and paper. Or stone.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-09-02 19:01:02  
I just bought the book.

Hopefully it'll give me a few days of good reading.
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-09-02 19:01:13  
Lynxblade said:
Tbh yes i would like to be labeled a person that doesnt believe in god, rather then an athiest, cause when i hear the word atheist, its like im being casted into a group of anti god extremists, due to the fact that most people that believe in god think of atheist as some kinda anti wana kill god demon people The main reason i stand at the pledge is because i care about my country, and my brother that has been deployed to iraq about 5times about a year or 2 each time. When i say the pledge of alligence its more of a salute to my country , and my bro. rather then a salute to god. anyways i g2g eat, bbl 30min-hour

What the ***???

Theists created that stereotype for Atheists >_>

Atheists had nothing to do with it.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mankey
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-02 19:02:36  
people started tlking about school pledges which is a target atheist and defended by Christians in my area, so was trying to stay semi on topic, and theism is not Christianity but they do have similar beliefs besides the fact theisms have a little more sense generally.
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-09-02 19:02:40  
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Yessssss, another religious debate thread. FFXIAH: Solving the mysteries of life, the universe, and everything. One forum post at a time.

Holy ***lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-09-02 19:02:52  
Bismarck.Magnumatic said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
but just because one person says something does not mean you have follow it. What I mean to say is this Hawkings does not believe god created the universe. That is his opinion that I respect, but it does not mean god could not exist.

It goes both ways missy.

Ok just so you know I am neutral on the subject usually, and ok so I will fixed that.

God could have existed in the plain of nothing he did not exist and did exist, contained in a tight spot as a ball of massive energy, who yearned for friends and not knowing what he was.. he broke out causing two dimension planes to rub against each other and form the universe we have today.

There so god exited before and after the big bang and was not there until "our" universe came into motion.

Fair?

Post deleted by User.
By Saiii 2010-09-02 19:04:26  
Bismarck.Magnumatic said:
Lynxblade said:
Tbh yes i would like to be labeled a person that doesnt believe in god, rather then an athiest, cause when i hear the word atheist, its like im being casted into a group of anti god extremists, due to the fact that most people that believe in god think of atheist as some kinda anti wana kill god demon people The main reason i stand at the pledge is because i care about my country, and my brother that has been deployed to iraq about 5times about a year or 2 each time. When i say the pledge of alligence its more of a salute to my country , and my bro. rather then a salute to god. anyways i g2g eat, bbl 30min-hour

What the ***???

Theists created that stereotype for Atheists >_>

Atheists had nothing to do with it.

right.......

Did you read the OP?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Saiii 2010-09-02 19:06:24  
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
God could have existed in the plain of nothing he did not exist and did exist, contained in a tight spot as a ball of massive energy, who yearned for friends and not knowing what he was.. he broke out causing two dimension planes to rub against each other and form the universe we have today.

There so god exited before and after the big bang and was not there until "our" universe came into motion.

Fair?

What, the, ***, is, this, ***,,,?

I think your making this thread was stupid, but I have to fully agree with your assessment of the quoted post.
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40