God Did Not Create The Universe, Says Hawking

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » God did not create the universe, says Hawking
God did not create the universe, says Hawking
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2010-09-08 06:51:37  
Wow this forum is still alive???!! who woulda thought religon would be a big deal of debate :P.
 Asura.Domz
サーバ: Asura
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2010-09-08 06:56:10  
Carbuncle.Lynxblade said:
Wow this forum is still alive???!! who woulda thought religon would be a big deal of debate :P.

topics of fantasy tend to draw in a big crowd
By Lynxblade 2010-09-08 06:57:44  
Asura.Domz said:
lolz
 Leviathan.Raborn
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Raborn
By Leviathan.Raborn 2010-09-08 20:45:10  
My question is IF God Didn't Create the Universe.

And Assuming the entire arguement is based on this statement:

"Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing. Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist,"

Then who the *** created Gravity?

And if that is unanswerable then who the *** created the laws of the universe?

For people to be so smart, we are sure are dumb.

I know Steven Hawking didn't make the laws.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ashua
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ashua
By Bahamut.Ashua 2010-09-11 20:30:56  
What made God?

The God of Abraham is not a physical entity. He is a living spirit. Because God is not material. He is a spirit. He is neither composed of the rudimentary elements nor indeed is he subject to them--the physical universe is. A spirit does not require a physical shell. Therefore, that which exists outside of the carnal dimension was able to of it's own power translate its will in the expression of this matter-based reality. A spirit does not require special atomic creation in order for it to exist, but everything in the universe is dependent on mass first existing in some form or another.

The author of Genesis (Moses) knew this. It's pretty amazing that if there is no God, how shepherds and slaves conceived the perfect patch in the "plot hole" by designing an immaterial God unlike the other civilizations.

the cosmos require building blocks to exist. God does not. Its that simple.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-09-11 20:34:23  
Let. It. Die.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-09-11 20:44:01  
If god exists, this is how he works.

Read; Discuss.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-09-11 21:35:23  
Bahamut.Serj said:
minds have been blown
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-09-11 21:36:46  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
minds have been blown

I really hope at least 1 person made an attempt to read it ._. Quantum physics is fun ._.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-09-11 22:01:45  
Bahamut.Serj said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
minds have been blown

I really hope at least 1 person made an attempt to read it ._. Quantum physics is fun ._.
I read a bit, just not that interested
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-09-11 22:03:28  
/shrug
By Decian 2010-09-15 13:30:55  
Hails from Siren! To all fellow Atheists! /rejoice! ^^b
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-09-18 15:19:05  
Asura.Domz said:

Religion has nothing to do with fantasy. If someone wants to be religious leave them be. I always looked at religion as a devotion to a way of life, towards a god of that religion. In some cases both religions may be worshiping the same god(s).

The topic is about theism vs Atheism yet you always see people bashing others in the thread based on their religion , it always turns out like this.

Most of the fighting you see on forums is because one side picks on someone for believing in a religion. I do not look at religion that way if anything it is just a group of people worshiping a way if life to an All Mighty being. This is why when I see people fighting it makes no sense to me.

Theism and atheism are like two sides of a coin. One can not live with out the other. Then you have people on both sides of that said coin agreeing and disagreeing with each other, then many points of views come out in a clusterfuck of a mess. With so many people on both sides agreeing and disagreeing with each other what is the point of the arguing? Then bashing people because they are from a religion you do no like.

I heard someone say this once.. "it is ok for "insert religion here" to believe in a god, but to believe in a religion is stupid"

Basically they do not hate their beliefs but what they represent? What does this have to do with anything, if it is ok if they believe in god(s), what does it have to do with religion?

A real atheist no matter what looks at all religion and treats it all the same. But there are those who only bash two religious groups with out knowing ***about any groups, and one is hated more than the other. While there are innocent people inside the religion who are good people. These are the atheists and theists that I can not stand. But more hate is coming from one side over the other who usually starts fights.

Islam (Muslims) did not do anything to fake atheist, radical terrorists are your problem. Most Christians are not going to shove ***down your throat, heck most religions will not, there are those crazy people in each religion who will. Oh and it is still not a reason to a group of people when you do not know nothing about them. Concerning Muslims to not even mention or try to base your reason for hate is that they treat women like ***, because it will go out of one ear and through my other ear. Use a better argument to hate someone, if you can not do that bash on all religions as a whole, not just two or the ones you do not like that the time. Because you are making your self look like a huge hypocrite.

Atheist also was not founded on the basis of science stop using it like a silly crutch, find something else. For theists and atheists one can not be with out the other it is that simple;
Without Theism, there can be no Anti-theism. Without anti-theism, there can easily still be Theism. (if this was not understood any theist knows science exists same as atheists)

Problem here is this these two can co-exist as what said by many a fine scientist/Physicist. Now throw in religion and science (I did not want to do this) this means they can also co-exit pretty much one is blind with out the other.

So please this stupid bickering over who is right and wrong has no valid basis. People have plenty of views , That is Steven Hawking's view. Any good person knows not to answer stuff they do not know, at the end of it all, these are only theories of how the universe started, it could be anything.

Any real atheist/theist has utter respect for everyone else's beliefs.

PS: Atheists and theist, or religious people, can all look equally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. You will gain nothing from trying to know your origin. Deal with it and find something better to do with your time.

[+]
By Serj 2010-09-18 15:24:52  
tl;dr? I don't feel like reading that atm, and most people won't.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-09-18 15:26:05  
you're a *** retard stanflame. Atheism automatically exists without theism because then it would be the only thing left. Also nobody who believes something because of blind faith should get any respect and you're a super retard for that one. The facts of the world are that because these bat-***crazy religions exist many people have suffered needlessly because of insane people who think they will go to hell otherwise, if you leave them be they will continue to get out of control. Religion needs stomped out, theism is the basis for religion so it needs to go too, people need to realize that the ***is nonsense and need to grow a set and learn to cope with reality without being *** insane.

edit: religion has everything to do with fantasy, because the ***is made up.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-09-18 15:28:42  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Yay it's back!

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-09-18 15:37:33  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
I need to learn how to debate, and express myself.

You sir missed my point and since you are a sped, are blocked.

religion has nothing to do with fantasy since it is a way of life people follow and choose to follow, which they use and helps with the morals and values they feel like displaying, and believing in.

You, sir, are and idiot. felt like putting this in here you suck and are blocked bye bye, dumb ***, and grow up, learn how to debate also.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-09-18 15:43:05  
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
I need to learn how to debate, and express myself.

You sir missed my point and since you are a sped, are blocked.

religion has nothing to do with fantasy since it is a way of life people follow and choose to follow, which they use and helps with the morals and values they feel like displaying, and believing in.

You, sir, are and idiot. felt like putting this in here you suck and are blocked bye bye, dumb ***, and grow up, learn how to debate also.

No you.

edit: religion is how you live your life based on made up nonsense so therefore it is nothing but fantasy. To get your morals from any religion that exists in today's world you'd have to be one *** up individual, There are convicted criminals that have more morals than the major religions in the world.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-09-18 15:45:18  
There is no point in posting since I can not see what you say, if you can not debate without berating (which I did after you on purpose, since I was treated like that by you) then your view gets thrown out the window and you will not be removed from being blocked.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-09-18 15:45:25  
Asura.Catastrophe said:
Leviathan.Raborn said:
My question is IF God Didn't Create the Universe.

And Assuming the entire arguement is based on this statement:

"Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing. Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist,"

Then who the *** created Gravity?

And if that is unanswerable then who the *** created the laws of the universe?

For people to be so smart, we are sure are dumb.

I know Steven Hawking didn't make the laws.

Gravity is a consequence of spacetime, not a causality of it. I think to say the term "creating gravity" is a misconception. The laws of the universe are a consequence to, not a causality to this cosmic collision.

Bahamut.Serj said:

Win.

Also what I said before

*high five*
 Valefor.Auraflare
サーバ: Valefor
user: Auraflare
By Valefor.Auraflare 2010-09-18 15:53:06  
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Asura.Domz said:

Religion has nothing to do with fantasy. If someone wants to be religious leave them be. I always looked at religion as a devotion to a way of life, towards a god of that religion. In some cases both religions may be worshiping the same god(s).

The topic is about theism vs Atheism yet you always see people bashing others in the thread based on their religion , it always turns out like this.

Most of the fighting you see on forums is because one side picks on someone for believing in a religion. I do not look at religion that way if anything it is just a group of people worshiping a way if life to an All Mighty being. This is why when I see people fighting it makes no sense to me.

Theism and atheism are like two sides of a coin. One can not live with out the other. Then you have people on both sides of that said coin agreeing and disagreeing with each other, then many points of views come out in a clusterfuck of a mess. With so many people on both sides agreeing and disagreeing with each other what is the point of the arguing? Then bashing people because they are from a religion you do no like.

I heard someone say this once.. "it is ok for "insert religion here" to believe in a god, but to believe in a religion is stupid"

Basically they do not hate their beliefs but what they represent? What does this have to do with anything, if it is ok if they believe in god(s), what does it have to do with religion?

A real atheist no matter what looks at all religion and treats it all the same. But there are those who only bash two religious groups with out knowing ***about any groups, and one is hated more than the other. While there are innocent people inside the religion who are good people. These are the atheists and theists that I can not stand. But more hate is coming from one side over the other who usually starts fights.

Islam (Muslims) did not do anything to fake atheist, radical terrorists are your problem. Most Christians are not going to shove ***down your throat, heck most religions will not, there are those crazy people in each religion who will. Oh and it is still not a reason to a group of people when you do not know nothing about them. Concerning Muslims to not even mention or try to base your reason for hate is that they treat women like ***, because it will go out of one ear and through my other ear. Use a better argument to hate someone, if you can not do that bash on all religions as a whole, not just two or the ones you do not like that the time. Because you are making your self look like a huge hypocrite.

Atheist also was not founded on the basis of science stop using it like a silly crutch, find something else. For theists and atheists one can not be with out the other it is that simple;
Without Theism, there can be no Anti-theism. Without anti-theism, there can easily still be Theism. (if this was not understood any theist knows science exists same as atheists)

Problem here is this these two can co-exist as what said by many a fine scientist/Physicist. Now throw in religion and science (I did not want to do this) this means they can also co-exit pretty much one is blind with out the other.

So please this stupid bickering over who is right and wrong has no valid basis. People have plenty of views , That is Steven Hawking's view. Any good person knows not to answer stuff they do not know, at the end of it all, these are only theories of how the universe started, it could be anything.

Any real atheist/theist has utter respect for everyone else's beliefs.

PS: Atheists and theist, or religious people, can all look equally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. You will gain nothing from trying to know your origin. Deal with it and find something better to do with your time.

This a bit complicated, and I do not usually like taking part in Theologic (I cant spell worth a darn) debates... That being said I just would like to make a couple points.
Religon yes may alot of times be a crutch, however, it's not always the case (I'm a christian and saying this, go fig huh?). I for one do not get along with alot of other Christians due to them, alot of the time, taking the teachings and religious books out of proportion or out of context. (Argueing circles with my sister even for hours, many many headaches).
But i digress. Sometimes (whether this is hard to believe or not), religion is used as a way to better oneself but following a set morale code (read the bible, koran, etc.... there's a moral code in there). However much of the misunderstand comes from the whole "word of god" thing. Last i checked bible may be the word of god, but it was edited by man. God may be in theory infallible, but man is far from it. So, your left with a 'holy' book with heavy editing with things left out that do not agree with the 'church' doctrine. IE The missing gospel and others.
So you end up with 100's of different slivers of the 'same' faith, all preaching something different (yes alot remains the same, but each demonination of the same faith is different if you take the time to look.) Along with priests doing things that are in no way condoned by said faith, but get away with such transgressions none the less. Which ends up with ALOT of ppl being disillusioned from said faith, and or becoming blind to the atrocities commited.
Also, just because someone is one faith, does NOT mean in anyway mean they are nessecessarily wrong in believing in what he/she does. Everyone is allowed their own opinions and beliefs, it's called free will for a reason yes? So Aethists have their right to believe what they do or do not. Hell, I even think that they have a valid point once in a blue moon even tho I believe in a God.
I'm probably going to be flamed for this in one way or another, but quite frankly i dont care. You all have the right to disagree with me, and I will not stop you. I just wanted to say my piece, that's all

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-09-18 16:06:15  
Valefor.Auraflare said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
This a bit complicated, and I do not usually like taking part in Theologic (I cant spell worth a darn) debates... That being said I just would like to make a couple points.

Religon yes may alot of times be a crutch, however, it's not always the case (I'm a christian and saying this, go fig huh?). I for one do not get along with alot of other Christians due to them, alot of the time, taking the teachings and religious books out of proportion or out of context. (Argueing circles with my sister even for hours, many many headaches).

But i digress. Sometimes (whether this is hard to believe or not), religion is used as a way to better oneself but following a set morale code (read the bible, koran, etc.... there's a moral code in there). However much of the misunderstand comes from the whole "word of god" thing. Last i checked bible may be the word of god, but it was edited by man. God may be in theory infallible, but man is far from it. So, your left with a 'holy' book with heavy editing with things left out that do not agree with the 'church' doctrine. IE The missing gospel and others.

So you end up with 100's of different slivers of the 'same' faith, all preaching something different (yes alot remains the same, but each demonination of the same faith is different if you take the time to look.) Along with priests doing things that are in no way condoned by said faith, but get away with such transgressions none the less. Which ends up with ALOT of ppl being disillusioned from said faith, and or becoming blind to the atrocities commited.

Also, just because someone is one faith, does NOT mean in anyway mean they are nessecessarily wrong in believing in what he/she does. Everyone is allowed their own opinions and beliefs, it's called free will for a reason yes? So Aethists have their right to believe what they do or do not. Hell, I even think that they have a valid point once in a blue moon even tho I believe in a God.

I'm probably going to be flamed for this in one way or another, but quite frankly i dont care. You all have the right to disagree with me, and I will not stop you. I just wanted to say my piece, that's all

Simple spaces makes that a lot easier to read =P

And I agree somewhat. I grew up as a cathloic and it distilled a lot of good morals in me that I've kept with. I disagree with it now, but those qualities I've kept are worthwhile.
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40