God Did Not Create The Universe, Says Hawking

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » God did not create the universe, says Hawking
God did not create the universe, says Hawking
First Page 2 3 4 ... 38 39 40
 Bahamut.Stanflame
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-09-02 19:06:25  
Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
What I mean to say is this Hawkings does not believe god created the universe. That is his opinion that I respect, but it does not mean god could not exist.
It could also mean god doesn't exist. And as far as I know, all he said was "god" did not create the universe.
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
How do you know if god was not formed after the big bang in some paranormal, dark matter, after effect?
Then your god just got pwned by physics.

God, is a thought, that was created by man. On ink and paper.

That is not my thoughts as stupid as you look. I never said god was created on ink or paper, I never said in ink or paper he created the universe.

I always said God could have been before or after the big bang, until I see proof he does exist or does not exist.

I have always felt like that. I may be a christian (not catholic btw). I always believed and thought like this, if he exists or does not it does not mean anything.

The bible has nothing to do with my views.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-09-02 19:07:03  
Saiii said:
Bismarck.Magnumatic said:
Lynxblade said:
Tbh yes i would like to be labeled a person that doesnt believe in god, rather then an athiest, cause when i hear the word atheist, its like im being casted into a group of anti god extremists, due to the fact that most people that believe in god think of atheist as some kinda anti wana kill god demon people The main reason i stand at the pledge is because i care about my country, and my brother that has been deployed to iraq about 5times about a year or 2 each time. When i say the pledge of alligence its more of a salute to my country , and my bro. rather then a salute to god. anyways i g2g eat, bbl 30min-hour
What the ***??? Theists created that stereotype for Atheists >_> Atheists had nothing to do with it.
right....... Did you read the OP?

Either pay attention, or don't comment.

I wasn't commenting on the OP.
 Fenrir.Mankey
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-02 19:07:27  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:
I think tlking snakes, virgins having children and mystery men creating the universe is absolutely insanity and sounds like a good movie, but to hate on ones "beliefs" is completely ignorant. If they have "faith" in something science can't prove exists, more power to them, I just don't have that in me I suppose, but i still take my grandma to church every sunday, to say GOD OFFENDS ME, is about as HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE as the whole virgin birth scenario imo

God is not offensive, but people interjecting it into everyone's lives is a tad offensive depending on its use, but most of the time it is just annoying.

Annoying conversation: "My wife did that to me once, god bless you for having to deal with that, blah blah blah." (made up)

Offensive conversation:
Guy: "God bless america!"
Me: "*sigh*"
Guy: "Excuse me?"
Me: "You are excused."
Guy: "What is your problem?"
Me: "Lets leave god and nationalism separate please."
Guy: "Now, god made this the greatest country on earth, so I do not appreciate you disrespecting it and this country." (based on true events and in no way exact)
This is the problem with organized religion, I was brought up hardcore Irish Catholic, aunts are in the siterhood, whole nine yards, they just try to drown you with their ideas instead of allowing you to figure your own. I have a "faith" in something, just not sure if its this glowing white dude in robes, 100 virgins at my door step, or any other afterlife experience you could inform me of
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-09-02 19:07:33  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
In before flame war.

I like how not even you could make it in time.
 Lakshmi.Eron
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Eron
By Lakshmi.Eron 2010-09-02 19:08:15  
This is why religion as a whole need not exist on this planet. We'd all be better without it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
user: glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-09-02 19:08:18  

Here we go... do we really need to debate this with Stephen Hawking? Just cause he has a TV series on DISCOVERY, closely resembling SHARK WEEK... doesn't mean he can act all-knowing...

example... I disproved his time travel isn't possible theory while eating a subway sandwich...

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Dissonant
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-02 19:08:41  
Saiii said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
God could have existed in the plain of nothing he did not exist and did exist, contained in a tight spot as a ball of massive energy, who yearned for friends and not knowing what he was.. he broke out causing two dimension planes to rub against each other and form the universe we have today.

There so god exited before and after the big bang and was not there until "our" universe came into motion.

Fair?

What, the, ***, is, this, ***,,,?

I think your making this thread was stupid, but I have to fully agree with your assessment of the quoted post.
I think the way he offensively went about the thread was stupid.
people interjecting it into everyone's lives is a tad offensive
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-09-02 19:09:01  
Saiii said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
God could have existed in the plain of nothing he did not exist and did exist, contained in a tight spot as a ball of massive energy, who yearned for friends and not knowing what he was.. he broke out causing two dimension planes to rub against each other and form the universe we have today. There so god exited before and after the big bang and was not there until "our" universe came into motion. Fair?
What, the, ***, is, this, ***,,,?
I think your making this thread was stupid, but I have to fully agree with your assessment of the quoted post.

Everyone has an *** :<
 Ragnarok.Twinbladehaseo
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Twinbladehaseo 2010-09-02 19:09:13  
I think it does not matter if you believe or not believe, as long as you doing the right thing, right? or nobody do the right thing anymore? :/
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-09-02 19:09:27  
Leviathan.Dissonant said:
Lynxblade said:
I hate that fact that since I dont believe in god I HAVE to be labeled an atheist.
Yeah, I know what you mean. There are people on all sides that make everyone on their side look bad. Basically the moment you accuse someone of being a dumbass for their beliefs, you make an *** out of yourself. No one has any business in anyone else's, er...business. That's that. Just because some christians go out gay bashing or some atheists pick fight with someone who talks about God doesn't mean everyone on that side of the fence is that way. Relatively few are, honestly. It's just the ones that get publicized (the bad ones who do outrageous things) are the ones you see the most, so you assume they are a majority.

I do not have a problem with gay people, i had a few friends who were, my siblings had friends who were.

But would I have bought them over my parents home growing up nope...
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-09-02 19:10:14  
>Stan> I never said god wrote anything with ink on paper. Since he doesn't exist anyway, that would be silly.

>Everyone Else> Anyway, if you believe in god, watch this:

And remember, people can actually prove a gallon of milk exists.
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-09-02 19:10:32  
Ragnarok.Twinbladehaseo said:
I think it does not matter if you believe or not believe, as long as you doing the right thing, right? or nobody do the right thing anymore? :/

agreed :o who cares long as you live your life the way you want
By Saiii 2010-09-02 19:10:43  
Saiii said:
Lynxblade said:
Tbh yes i would like to be labeled a person that doesnt believe in god, rather then an athiest, cause when i hear the word atheist, its like im being casted into a group of anti god extremists, due to the fact that most people that believe in god think of atheist as some kinda anti wana kill god demon people The main reason i stand at the pledge is because i care about my country, and my brother that has been deployed to iraq about 5times about a year or 2 each time. When i say the pledge of alligence its more of a salute to my country , and my bro. rather then a salute to god. anyways i g2g eat, bbl 30min-hour
What the ***??? Theists created that stereotype for Atheists >_> Atheists had nothing to do with it.
right....... Did you read the OP?

Either pay attention, or don't comment.

I wasn't commenting on the OP.

I think you are the one who doesn't understand.

Atheists are just as responsible for the stereotype as theists are.

When someone decides to make a religious thread on a video game forum, specifically to promote their disbelief it does nothing to promote a positive image of Atheists.

Rather it promotes the stereotype that Atheists are just as fanatical as theists are to try and push their own beliefs onto others.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Dissonant
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-02 19:11:24  
Ragnarok.Twinbladehaseo said:
I think it does not matter if you believe or not believe, as long as you doing the right thing, right?
That's how I view things as well. Unfortunately a lot of people don't do the right thing.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Caitsith.Silvaria
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Silvaria 2010-09-02 19:11:49  
I don't know how the universe came about, I will almost certainly -never- know how the universe came about, and frankly, not knowing has no effect whatsoever on my life.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dissonant
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-02 19:12:59  
1) Theism is bigger in peoples lives than atheism
That's kind of a big assumption for two groups of people that make up the bulk of the world's population, very few of which you have actually met and spoken with. Just sayin
By Saiii 2010-09-02 19:14:33  
Saiii said:
When someone decides to make a religious thread on a video game forum, specifically to promote their disbelief it does nothing to promote a positive image of Atheists.

That would work if I was an atheist.

This is also the religion and politics section of the video game forum you ***.

Doesn't matter what sub-forum it is in.

My point is still valid.
 Caitsith.Silvaria
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Silvaria 2010-09-02 19:14:55  
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Caitsith.Silvaria said:
I don't know how the universe came about, I will almost certainly -never- know how the universe came about, and frankly, not knowing has no effect whatsoever on my life.

If not knowing how the universe works severely affects my ability to eat a lunchable, or drink a bunch of alcohol..

I might start caring.

*Salutes that statement with a cold Beck's*
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-09-02 19:17:18  
Saiii said:

That would work if I was an atheist.

This is also the religion and politics section of the video game forum you ***.

positive image of atheists? LOLOLOLOL

[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-09-02 19:17:24  
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Caitsith.Silvaria said:

If not knowing how the universe works severely affects my ability to eat a lunchable, or drink a bunch of alcohol..

I might start caring.
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-09-02 19:17:32  
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Yessssss, another religious debate thread.

FFXIAH: Solving the mysteries of life, the universe, and everything. One forum post at a time.

42!
By Saiii 2010-09-02 19:17:57  
Leviathan.Dissonant said:
I think the way he offensively went about the thread was stupid.
people interjecting it into everyone's lives is a tad offensive

1) Theism is bigger in peoples lives than atheism

I completely disagree with this.

The majority of most peoples lives have nothing to do with religious beliefs other than those who are employed by a religious institution.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-09-02 19:21:00  
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Lakshmi.Glaciont said:

Here we go... do we really need to debate this with Stephen Hawking? Just cause he has a TV series on DISCOVERY, closely resembling SHARK WEEK... doesn't mean he can act all-knowing...

example... I disproved his time travel isn't possible theory while eating a subway sandwich...

It's a peculiar thing, how people react to Stephen Hawking's statements. Half of what he proposes is still anecdotal theory and assumption. Best guess given what we have to work with.

He can also say something 4 years ago, say it again later and people think it's brand new and his position has changed.

(See: His statement warning about contacting alien life forms, them coming to earth being like Columbus to the new world. [he said this a few years ago and again this last year and people went batshit like it was new. lol])

yea.... I don't know why people are going crazy about it now... probably cause he has a TV show. I never really took some of his theories seriously, and to say that the universe was a "consequence of physics" makes me feel like I was a mistake ; ;.

As for me... I always tell people that there are somethings you can explain with science, and some things that can't. ^^ Hence being agnostic
First Page 2 3 4 ... 38 39 40