God Did Not Create The Universe, Says Hawking

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » God did not create the universe, says Hawking
God did not create the universe, says Hawking
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 38 39 40
 Valefor.Bladerah
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Bladerah 2010-09-02 20:39:22  
Randomguy said:
Valefor.Bladerah said:
Yup, after all of this information I just have one thing i'd like to say. *** Stephen Hawking Thank you that is all.
Just because his concepts are beyond you doesn't mean it is beyond anyone else. Give the guy a chance to speak before telling him to *** himself.
oh its not beyond me, i just really dont care since im sure he knows nothing more about this subject than anyone else.
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-09-02 20:39:59  
Valefor.Bladerah said:
Randomguy said:
Valefor.Bladerah said:
Yup, after all of this information I just have one thing i'd like to say. *** Stephen Hawking Thank you that is all.
Just because his concepts are beyond you doesn't mean it is beyond anyone else. Give the guy a chance to speak before telling him to *** himself.
oh its not beyond me, i just really dont care since im sure he knows nothing more about this subject than anyone else.

He knows more than me.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-09-02 20:41:32  
"All scientists are stupid. It's sad that they cannot just accept the creation as God's work. They have to waste their entire life playing with themselves while people like Fill in the Blank follow Pascal's Wager (which is a belief of just saying they believe in God "just in case there actually is one.") Spending all their lives figuring out exactly how the universe came to be doesn't help us one bit anyway. They could put their expertise (if they actually have any) to use and find cures for cancer, create new inventions, cure Stephen Hawking (bless his heart), etc."

Magnets, they don't make a lick of sense. And I don't wanna trust no scientist, them mofo's lying, and making me pissed.
By EtienneLoire 2010-09-02 20:41:34  
Randomguy said:
Valefor.Bladerah said:
Yup, after all of this information I just have one thing i'd like to say.

*** Stephen Hawking

Thank you that is all.
Just because his concepts are beyond you doesn't mean it is beyond anyone else.

Give the guy a chance to speak before telling him to *** himself.

No he is a human he is not beyond anyone, this is also his opinion. Not all religious people are blind to science, just so you know.

Those religious people do not want their holy almighty god to be thrown away.

So here it goes:

Lets say people again are fighting over if "it" exists or not. now religious people say god does exist, but the others say no. There is no proof for either side in case, people wrote books based on real life events and visions (lucid dreaming).

people dying in B.C. then being bought back screaming i saw heaven, I was sent back it was not my time. A boy drowning and being saved " I saw the holy golden gate father, a gold light!"

Now even with out proof lets say one day this do called "god" is met and we realize he is real, it is not because of the bible stories and other stuff, I am certain in reality "it " would be way different from that.
 Valefor.Bladerah
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Bladerah 2010-09-02 20:41:35  
Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury said:
Valefor.Bladerah said:
Randomguy said:
Valefor.Bladerah said:
He knows more than me.
ok well he knows more about it than u, but just u and nobody else.
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-09-02 20:41:39  
Ragnarok.Twinbladehaseo said:
I think there is a reason Hawking does not believe in god, just look how *** up he is lol.
Very true. And the same reason why god won't heal amputees. Because god doesn't exist.

What ??

Legs can not magically regenerate?

That's absurd!

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-09-02 20:42:21  
Valefor.Bladerah said:
Valefor.Bladerah said:
Randomguy said:
Valefor.Bladerah said:
He knows more than me.
ok well he knows more about it than u, but just u and nobody else.

And I assume you know more about god than Hawkings and myself.
 Phoenix.Darki
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-02 20:43:10  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
"All scientists are stupid. It's sad that they cannot just accept the creation as God's work. They have to waste their entire life playing with themselves while people like Fill in the Blank follow Pascal's Wager (which is a belief of just saying they believe in God "just in case there actually is one.") Spending all their lives figuring out exactly how the universe came to be doesn't help us one bit anyway. They could put their expertise (if they actually have any) to use and find cures for cancer, create new inventions, cure Stephen Hawking (bless his heart), etc."

Magnets, they don't make a lick of sense. And I don't wanna trust no scientist, them mofo's lying, and making me pissed.
lol get that crazy conspiracy outta here
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-02 20:43:40  
EtienneLoire said:
Randomguy said:
Valefor.Bladerah said:

*** Stephen Hawking

Thank you that is all.

No he is a human he is not beyond anyone, this is also his opinion. Not all religious people are blind to science, just so you know.

So here it goes:

Lets say people again are fighting over if "it" exists or not. now religious people say god does exist, but the others say no. There is no proof for either side in case, people wrote books based on real life events and visions (lucid dreaming).

people dying in B.C. then being bought back screaming i saw heaven, I was sent back it was not my time. A boy drowning and being saved " I saw the holy golden gate father, a gold light!"

Now even with out proof lets say one day this do called "god" is met and we realize he is real, it is not because of the bible stories and other stuff, I am certain in reality "it " would be way different from that.

You can't say god exists because we can't prove he doesn't exist. The burden of proof lies in the hands of people with faith.
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-09-02 20:43:41  
Bismarck.Magnumatic said:
I think there is a reason Hawking does not believe in god, just look how *** up he is lol.
Very true. And the same reason why god won't heal amputees. Because god doesn't exist.
What ?? Legs can not magically regenerate? That's absurd!

But.. But.. God can do it ._.
By EtienneLoire 2010-09-02 20:43:42  
EtienneLoire said:
EtienneLoire said:
But if I die and get to meet what ever it is that welcomes me so be it, I will accept it.

I'm sure you're well aware of what happens when you sleep.

Death is just something you don't wake up from. Hence, there's no where to go. Except 6 feet under, if you elect burial, a crematory if you elect cremation or decomposition if you elect to be left there.

will I turn into mako energy and return to the planet, or into dark matter?

Then wake up in another solar system out of another being womb saying "De ja vu, have I done this before"?

This is how I always felt when born, no lying. I can remember stuff around when I was not even one yet, and I always felt weird.

Could that be what is called reincarnation?

None of that. Half life of particles have been shown and proven (unlike god). Although some molecules have half lives even longer than the current age of the physical universe, they all eventually revert back to their atomic state.

So I will turn to dust when I die? and go no where? if nothing is happening what becomes of the universe?

So you are proving that something happens after you die, no?
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-09-02 20:44:02  
God said let there be magnets. And bam. Duh.
 Ragnarok.Twinbladehaseo
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Twinbladehaseo 2010-09-02 20:44:37  
But really, if you believe in god and have a good life, or being an atheist and having a good life, I Don't see anything wrong with believing or not believing. Why to bring this endless thread?
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-02 20:44:45  
EtienneLoire said:
EtienneLoire said:
EtienneLoire said:
But if I die and get to meet what ever it is that welcomes me so be it, I will accept it.

I'm sure you're well aware of what happens when you sleep.

Death is just something you don't wake up from. Hence, there's no where to go. Except 6 feet under, if you elect burial, a crematory if you elect cremation or decomposition if you elect to be left there.

will I turn into mako energy and return to the planet, or into dark matter?

Then wake up in another solar system out of another being womb saying "De ja vu, have I done this before"?

This is how I always felt when born, no lying. I can remember stuff around when I was not even one yet, and I always felt weird.

None of that. Half life of particles have been shown and proven (unlike god). Although some molecules have half lives even longer than the current age of the physical universe, they all eventually revert back to their atomic state.

So I will turn to dust when I die? and go no where? if nothing is happening what becomes of the universe?

/facepalm

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-02 20:46:05  
But really, if you believe in god and have a good life, or being an atheist and having a good life, I Don't see anything wrong with believing or not believing. Why to bring this endless thread?
because we all want the absolute truth, at least intelligent people dont like being blinded by ignorance.
By EtienneLoire 2010-09-02 20:46:27  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
EtienneLoire said:
Randomguy said:
Valefor.Bladerah said:

*** Stephen Hawking

Thank you that is all.

So here it goes:

You can't say god exists because we can't prove he doesn't exist. The burden of proof lies in the hands of people with faith.

But yeah lets say he pops out of no where and says...

"well yeah I did create you guys and everything, but I never commanded any of you to create those religious texts but here I am the thing that created you!"
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-02 20:47:09  
EtienneLoire said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
EtienneLoire said:
Randomguy said:
Valefor.Bladerah said:

*** Stephen Hawking

Thank you that is all.

So here it goes:

"well yeah I did create you guys and everything, but I never commanded any of you to create those religious texts but here I am the thing that created you!"

Then there would be tangible evidence, and not just stories to back up the theory.
 Gilgamesh.Xarchangel
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Xarchangel 2010-09-02 20:47:15  
If god existed then why are there no dinasuars in the bible. There bones pre-date any sort of resembleance to man. Religion was created to explain things that were unexplainable, we are in a time now where science is the new religion.
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-09-02 20:47:24  
EtienneLoire said:
EtienneLoire said:

I'm not trying to prove anything.

Because what happens after you die is already in the process of happening.

If theory #1 is correct (singularity big bang) the universe will implode on itself and the cycle will repeat.

If theory #2 is correct (universal branes cause big bangs in each plane) the negative energy (which existence has been proven by harvard scientists using a vacuum, gold plate and gold bead) will expand to the corners of the branes and all matter will be crushed against the border until this plane collides with another one, causing another set of big bangs.
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-09-02 20:47:28  
His statement "god" didn't create the big bang was a publicist stunt to cause discussions such as this one we're having and to draw awareness to his book.

Bah, I said that already. ;_;

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-09-02 20:48:17  
EtienneLoire said:

Let's suppose things that don't exist do exist!

Wait wut?
By Saiii 2010-09-02 20:48:55  
Phoenix.Darki said:
Saiii said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
god is male? isnt he outside this universe? how can you tell? and werent we created out of his image...so he is evil as well. Welcome! being inconsistant.
If "God" exists, it is unlikely that he would have a sex as we understand them. I think people use "he" because they don't like to use the word "it" to describe something so important to them.
i didnt want answers, i just wanted to prove how inconsistant god is. making him more of a thought than a real thing...

When you post something that is false and claim it to be "proof" of something, you should expect "answers" in return.
By EtienneLoire 2010-09-02 20:49:49  
Phoenix.Darki said:
because we all want the absolute truth, at least intelligent people dont like being blinded by ignorance.

Just because someone does believe in god does not make them unintelligent.

So just because Bill Gates Is christian he is unintelligent? Not too long ago he held the title of richest man in the world, and has a 150+ IQ.
 Fenrir.Tool
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-09-02 20:49:56  
Off to work folks.
Have fun, and keep it classy.
Don't wanna see an interesting discussion/debate get locked cause someone took it upon themselves to be an inconsiderate jackass.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-09-02 20:50:01  
I love how the comments on Yahoo! are like: "Was Mr. Hawking there when the universe was created? No! Ok then, he doesn't know!!!!"

One would be surprised we even have Historical Geology and Anthropology as a science after reading this ***.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-02 20:50:02  
Saiii said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Saiii said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
god is male? isnt he outside this universe? how can you tell? and werent we created out of his image...so he is evil as well. Welcome! being inconsistant.
If "God" exists, it is unlikely that he would have a sex as we understand them. I think people use "he" because they don't like to use the word "it" to describe something so important to them.
i didnt want answers, i just wanted to prove how inconsistant god is. making him more of a thought than a real thing...

When you post something that is false and claim it to be "proof" of something, you should expect "answers" in return.
alright
next time ill take the ?s out.
 Ragnarok.Twinbladehaseo
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Twinbladehaseo 2010-09-02 20:50:08  
Phoenix.Darki said:

and that's why they have to make fun of religion?
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 38 39 40