サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-14 14:23:48  
Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
My point is you shouldn't have 300TP, you should have competent DDs who use offensive JAs to do more damage, which in turn cause them to take more damage.

and if youve ever had a decent merit party the mob is dead before it gets any chance to do real damage to the dd's. Any samurai should know atleast how to work seigan and third eye.
Why are they using Seigan if a DNC is present? Hasso like a boss.

its PLENTY easy to switch between the two, even if momentarily

they both have 1 minute recasts >.>

flip up siegan if you take hate, then soon as hate is off of you then put on hasso
Again, why the *** are you using Seigan if a DNC is present? JA use slows you down and so does the loss of Hasso, which is very significant at the level of haste you're at in merits - especially with a DNC. By all means pop TE, but Seigan in a meripo? Not unless things are dire.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2010-05-14 14:23:55  
@ thornyy: lmao really? its not THAT hard to put it up for a few seconds. There have been so many times i have just swapped it up for a few seconds, dodged a pecking flurry, and soon as hate goes off me from that i just flip up hasso again

by not taking the damage from their tp moves it allows the healers to focus more on debuffing and dancers to focus on sambas and other stuff

somehow that screams common sense to me
 Leviathan.Thornyy
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Eriuddo
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2010-05-14 14:24:48  
Copypaste from another thread:

Your sample RDM has stone mufflers, stone gorget, poison tasters cape, morrigan's robe, duelist's chapeau. They composure stoneskin, haste, refresh, regen and idle in orochi nodowa. During most convert cycles(8 min 20 secs, full merits of course), regen will be down for 225 seconds and up for 275 seconds. In some cases, it'll be down at start/end and you'll lose a bit of hp, but can overlook this as it favors running out of mp not sustaining it. This amounts to 459 hp. Regen trait and orochi nodowa will get you an additional 334, for 793 total. Now, assuming your perfect RDM has a 1200 convert, you'll need to cure4 yourself once, for 88 mp. This makes the cost of a convert cycle 88 mp, keeping composure cycle seperate. Each composure will use up 40 mp for haste, 40 for refresh, 29 for stoneskin, and 15 for regen. This is 124 mp per 7.5 minutes, or 16.5 mp per minute used. 88 / 8 1/3 = 10.5 mp per minute used. Self-sustainment costs 27 mp per minute. Your DD will require 3 hastes, at 120 mp per 3 minutes. This amounts to 40 mp per minute. Total cost: 67 mp per minute. At 250 exp per kill, 40k/hr is 160 monsters, or a kill every 22.5 seconds. This amounts to 120 mp per minute in dia. Stoneskin -should- cover poison potions as well as reflected dias when recast every 7:30 with gorget/mufflers, though it'll be close. Total cost: 187 mp per minute.

Convert will be 1200 mp every 8:20, which gives you 138 mp per minute. 12/tick with ballads and evokers is 240 mp per minute, grand total: 378 mp per minute regained and 187 spent on static spells. 191 mp per minute to spend on cures.

Assuming each colibri gets 4 hits in, as they have a 6 second delay with elegy and no delay on first swing(~180 damage each) and every 6th colibri gets a pecking flurry(600), you're looking at 820 damage per colibri or 2186 damage per minute to heal with your remaining 191 mp. You can't even make half of that, so it's safe to say that your DD are going to need to seigan, even with all of this perfection. If you're going to mention resting, a dia every 22.5 seconds limits you to one click at a time if you do it immediately after dia(first click is 20 seconds) and requires that you don't have to cast any spells in between. Realistically, this will not amount to anything over time, and you'll also need to cast erase. Wivre and Mamool will do more damage.

I don't give a *** how good your healer is, you're not keeping up with fulltime hasso while diaing every mob.

Swapping to seigan costs you a weaponskill about every 20 seconds. Real DD will drastically outdamage DNC WS for WS, so you're just making an idiot out of yourself acting as if your damage is worth making someone seigan.
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-14 14:29:07  
I sense much anger in this one. lol

Anyways, I didn't say a DNC wont need to heal at all, but with a good healer, they wont be as pressed to used their TP for healing and will have chances to use their TP for WSing more often with a good healer.
 Leviathan.Thornyy
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2010-05-14 14:30:36  
Yes, that's true. However, as soon as you start arguing for WSing at the cost of DD's seigan or RDM foregoing dia any point you may have goes out the window. DNC should own a WS set, and should save steps so they can WS and immediately RF to continue healing, but they should never do so at the cost of real melee's damage.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-14 14:32:39  
Well, seems we are at an understanding with that at least.

my point wasnt really to third eye + seigan, more like, sams and /sams can still third eye without seigan up and still save some damage from being dealt to them.
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-05-14 14:32:46  
Besides the fact that Thorny's proving everything I have to say with math, I have a few questions.

@Dawn: "by not taking the damage from their tp moves it allows the healers to focus more on debuffing and dancers to focus on sambas and other stuff"

... Sambas and other stuff. I don't really understand, I can Step at timer, Samba at timer, RF at timer and keep my party alive even when they're dying super fast and putting me in the red TP wise. I don't really get why we need to focus on 'other stuff' when we can handle everything at once just fine.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-05-14 14:34:10  
Leviathan.Thornyy said:
Yes, that's true. However, as soon as you start arguing for WSing at the cost of DD's seigan or RDM foregoing dia any point you may have goes out the window. DNC should own a WS set, and should save steps so they can WS and immediately RF to continue healing, but they should never do so at the cost of real melee's damage.

idkbro, you die too fast for me to WS ever. :<
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2010-05-14 14:36:33  
all this seigan talk is assuming that the samurai isnt /nin anyways

which means they would be able to fulltime hasso while utilizing utsusemi
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-14 14:37:26  
Should never /NIN on SAM in merit parties >_>
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-14 14:37:31  
SAM... /NIN... merits

huh?
 Leviathan.Thornyy
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2010-05-14 14:37:52  
Suggesting /nin is even worse than suggesting seigan.

Out.
 Lakshmi.Priestsan
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Priestsan
By Lakshmi.Priestsan 2010-05-14 14:40:42  
/facepalm
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2010-05-14 14:48:48  
idk if its just me, personally i dont like it, but when i do merit i frequently get asked to sam/nin

><
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-14 14:49:42  
Every sam subs nin on shiva
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-05-14 14:51:02  
Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said:
idk if its just me, personally i dont like it, but when i do merit i frequently get asked to sam/nin

><

Well you said you meritted with domaru SAMs so.... :x
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-14 14:52:17  
I thought Domaru was good for 6 hit if you dont have usu body or feet?!
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2010-05-14 14:53:11  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said:

><

im not gonna lie, its been a good long while since i had a "good" merit party
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-05-14 14:53:51  
Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said:

><

im not gonna lie, its been a good long while since i had a "good" merit party

Questionable people ask for questionable subs. :x
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-14 15:00:38  
Sylph.Kimble said:
If your gear isn't rock solid in all other slots, you can't TP in Domaru with polearm at birds and cap accuracy (edit: I'm assuming sushi here). That said, you should have a 5-hit... since you said 6 hit I assume you mean GKT, in which case I'm wondering why you're using GKT on lolbri :x
 Cerberus.Neojuggernaut
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Neojuggernaut 2010-05-14 15:00:47  
On the topic of DNC, has anyone tested out Conserve TP on DNC JA's yet? Wiki's information was pretty limited. Thanks for any input
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-14 15:03:28  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
If your gear isn't rock solid in all other slots, you can't TP in Domaru with polearm at birds and cap accuracy. That said, you should have a 5-hit... since you said 6 hit I assume you mean GKT, in which case I'm wondering why you're using GKT on lolbri :x

Yeah... sometimes I forget about polearm with merits, lol.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2010-05-14 15:06:06  
Cerberus.Neojuggernaut said:
On the topic of DNC, has anyone tested out Conserve TP on DNC JA's yet? Wiki's information was pretty limited. Thanks for any input

i forgot where i read it, possibly here on ffxiah.com on the Aesir Ear Pendant comments, but i remember reading that it didn't work on DNC ja's
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-14 15:19:58  
Thonry and I sub nin on sam all day!

Thorny, don't be afraid to represent!
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2010-05-14 15:20:47  
is your avatar blowing us a kiss? lol XD
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-14 15:32:10  
Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said:
is your avatar blowing us a kiss? lol XD
Asura.Poupee

Me and her like to share avatars
 Asura.Yurisaki
サーバ: Asura
user: Yurisaki
By Asura.Yurisaki 2010-05-26 20:25:19  
Cerberus.Neojuggernaut said:

It Don't work.. i have had it since Odin came out and never seen it proc ; ;