users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » DNC stuff =D
DNC stuff =D
 Cerberus.Ferth
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Ferth
By Cerberus.Ferth 2010-04-28 23:11:11  
I figured... but if you were forced to merit in mamool(shudder) gkt would still be viable. As I said, I get a little intense.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-28 23:12:06  
I go mnk to mamools. Not as easy to fulltime hasso there and DD sub, so rly, if I can't go all out, I'll just go mnk/nin and still do better than if I couldn't keep hasso up.
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-04-28 23:12:20  
I like MNKs for merits because they die slower .____.; *** Thorn and his Taru SAM, acting like he's a Galka and stuff. It's pretttty bad. :< I miss the old days when his SAM wasn't 75, so he'd go COR and we'd have MNKs or not-Taru DDs. :<
 Cerberus.Ferth
By Cerberus.Ferth 2010-04-28 23:15:23  
Until I get an adamantoise egg I'm not usually invited to merit much on monk...

/derail
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-28 23:15:27  
Once I get those two pieces of gear I mentioned earlier, I'll be rockin mnk again for fun.

W/ them, I have a build that'll cap acc (During focus) w/ 24% haste and 30% crit rate
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-04-28 23:22:53  
Ooo. D:
 Cerberus.Ferth
By Cerberus.Ferth 2010-04-28 23:27:56  
I, for the life of me, can't find the two pieces you are referring to...
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-28 23:29:59  
I need The dex+6 ring and pixie earring to make it work. Would give me 117 dex while still being able to wear bkote.

Weapon/empty/empty/Negro tathlum
Turban/Love torque/Brutal/Pixie
Usu/Bkote/Rajas/Dex6 ring thingamajigger
Cuch/Black Belt/Byakko's/Usu

only works during focus up, however. Don't have enough acc to cover it otherwise.
 Cerberus.Ferth
By Cerberus.Ferth 2010-04-28 23:31:32  
Ah... Well, that would just be badass...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Tristean 2010-04-29 04:12:47  
I didn't really finish going through the whole post.

DNC shouldn't really DD in a party situation but there's no reason it can't be a great DD soloing.

Once you get pyrrhic kleos... all hell breaks lose if you have RF fully merited and haste samba fully merited.

I'm a big fan on selfSCing darkness when soloing. I also like to show off to friends who thinks DNC is a loljob.

I take DNC to dyna when I'm not required to bring my lolTHF. People are still in the dark of how good a support job this can be when used right.

I love this job and this thread is really informational. ^^

I'm well on my way to making DNC my main and I'm really looking forward to updates that SE has in store for us.

I heard rumors of a new way to get TP?!

*Gets excited*!!!!
[+]
 Asura.Carnivor
サーバ: Asura
user: Carnivor
By Asura.Carnivor 2010-05-14 07:16:28  
1. 2 dancers in one party is really a waste. the steps will get capped in very little time, in alliances in dyna etc it can be good since the fights wont last very long. but if you need to set up any steps with another dancer, id go something like this; dnc1 2x quickstep 1x Stutter, dnc2 2x box 1x stutter, repeat. flourishes; dependant on which steps you are doing, desperate flourish should be on at all times (if gravity is on, this does the same job and you wont overwrite it) violent flourish is a nice extra damage, but if you are healing much, id stay away from using it every time recast is up.

2. As a dnc, you will be crunching macro's like nothing else.
what i came to experience was, gear swaps for waltzes and steps is out. i crunced macro's faster than the time it tok for the gear to be switched back so i spendt time going into the equipment menu putting gear back, and in the end, this slowed me down too much. I only use swap ins for sambas and jigs now basically. for macro's i have 3 waltzes, tier 2 3 and 4. got haste and drain 3 samba. all the steps, choco jig, desperate flourish and violent flourish, ich and ni, wild flourish, saber and fan dance, no foot rise, reverse flourish. also got a macro for sneak/invis. I like to keep my macro's into one set for each sub, but with dancer its kinda hard to do if you want to have it all in macro's. the important thing is to keep the ones you use together close, so you spend less time getting to them (like keep reverse right next to your steps). keep waltzes and sambas on a separate line then steps, so you can switch faster.

3. How to play dancer is something you need to figure out yourself, everyone have different opinions what dancer should do. in my opinion, dancer is a healer and debuffer. you dont go ws'ing in ex. dyna. you are brought to keep DD's healthy. if they wanted you to DD, they'd bring another job, quite simple. you need to carry that TP, while it might seem you dont need it for periods, when ***hits the fan, you really dont want to be standing there with 120 tp and 0 finishing moves. In solo situasions ws all you want, or in farming sessions like grah chips or sky pops. But on real fights, you want to be a healer and a debuffer, because thats what you do best. On rare occasions, there will be times where you debuff only (slowkill on kirin, and other very high eva/def mobs)

keep a samba up at all times. in many situations, drain samba may sometimes be the difference between keeping people healthy and having a yellow hp across the party (which you really really dont want to have, goodbye tp) So dont listen to your DD moaning about haste if you see they take too much damage, they will be more pissed if they die.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2010-05-14 11:32:02  
did anyone mention the Desperate Flourish gravity -20 eva down effect?

I dont feel like reading though the 4 pages but:

"Notes/Description

Desperate Flourish causes an evasion down effect like that of the spell Gravity.
Does not stack with Gravity.
Does stack with Sneak Attack"

edited some out to save space

Leviathan.Pixter
user: Pixter
By Leviathan.Pixter 2010-05-14 11:54:28  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
Just wondering, is "LOLDNCDD" like "LOLCORDD"?
COR can actually DD, DNC can't and shouldn't. :x

You have no idea, dnc can preatty good dd.
 Leviathan.Pixter
user: Pixter
By Leviathan.Pixter 2010-05-14 11:56:10  
Tristean said:
I heard rumors of a new way to get TP?! *Gets excited*!!!!

Maybe store tp trait, that would be awsome, or that conserve tp as a trait :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2010-05-14 12:54:20  
Leviathan.Pixter said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
Just wondering, is "LOLDNCDD" like "LOLCORDD"?
COR can actually DD, DNC can't and shouldn't. :x

You have no idea, dnc can preatty good dd.

The one tool that really enables a dnc to hit good ws numbers is Saber Dance. Yeah sure its a cool thing but being unable to waltz really kills the need for a dancer :/

when i'm in merit parties I just pop it for a weaponskill or two, then cancel it out cause usually by that time someone got hit by pecking flurry

I have hit over 1k on Gcolibri on dancer, its actually not that hard with a decent ws setup and saber dance.

But if i wanted to hit hard i would have come samurai anyways. Although as dnc ive outparsed some domaru sams, but i dont know if thats anything to be proud about XD
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-05-14 13:26:11  
@Zedge: Yes, but you should be getting at least 30k/hr, you probably need better DDs.

@Carnivor: You should be swapping gear... if you're on PC. If you're on xbox, I'll forgive you this one time.

@Pixter: We can DD, but we really should be healing/supporting and letting the 'real' DD do their job. If you're solo whatever, do the damage you want to do.

@Dawn: Should have your DDs use /DD subjobs and full-time offensive JAs (counterstance where applicable)... and .... well not pop weaponskills. Out-parsing a Domaru SAM isn't anything to be proud about... especially since that means you actually didn't kick them from your party <_<;.

Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2010-05-14 13:56:02  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
@Zedge: Yes, but you should be getting at least 30k/hr, you probably need better DDs.

@Dawn: Should have your DDs use /DD subjobs and full-time offensive JAs (counterstance where applicable)... and .... well not pop weaponskills. Out-parsing a Domaru SAM isn't anything to be proud about... especially since that means you actually didn't kick them from your party <_<;.

building flourish is decent yeah but the main difference in damage will be DA proc'ing on your ws's. and did i miss something about counterstance? dnc/mnk? if i wanted to do more damage as dnc id go dnc/war with berserk and i wouldn't have to worry about saber dance. However i cant say i have ever gone to a merit party as dnc/war
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-05-14 14:07:27  
Counterstance if you have a mnk in your party, lol, not for you.

Building flourish is a waste of TP, you can just WS.... reverse flourish and WS again. But you still shouldn't be wsing in merit parties. :s
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-14 14:09:37  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Counterstance if you have a mnk in your party, lol, not for you.

Building flourish is a waste of TP, you can just WS.... reverse flourish and WS again. But you still shouldn't be wsing in merit parties. :s

I hate it when DNC's hold onto 300% tp when no-one is in any danger at all.

Not huge damage, but definitely helpful
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-05-14 14:14:57  
My point is you shouldn't have 300TP, you should have competent DDs who use offensive JAs to do more damage, which in turn cause them to take more damage.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2010-05-14 14:16:31  
actually building flourish helps with dancers main problem - lack of attack

the critical hit rate + also does wonders for evisceration

ive hit a 1300 evis on a Gcolibri with BF and SD up, to make sure it all landed good i had desperate flourish on it as well as a few box steps

i use my tp for mainly debuffing/healing/sambas but if i am sitting at 100+tp for an extended amount of time, and everythings pretty solid i dont mind doing one super ws just to let the dd's know that im still there =p
 Sylph.Kimble
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-14 14:16:40  
If you have a good healer, your DNC can WS more often really.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2010-05-14 14:17:26  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
My point is you shouldn't have 300TP, you should have competent DDs who use offensive JAs to do more damage, which in turn cause them to take more damage.

and if youve ever had a decent merit party the mob is dead before it gets any chance to do real damage to the dd's. Any samurai should know atleast how to work seigan and third eye.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-05-14 14:18:42  
Sylph.Kimble said:
If you have a good healer, your DNC can WS more often really.

I suppose. I'd rather the healer use their MP on Haste/Erase/Esuna/Dia II/III. Also if your DDs use their offensive JAs they die faster than a mage-healer can really cure anyway a lot of the time.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-05-14 14:19:37  
Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:

and if youve ever had a decent merit party the mob is dead before it gets any chance to do real damage to the dd's. Any samurai should know atleast how to work seigan and third eye.

Hasso prz. And yes, I have had real merit parties, I know the mob dies fast but it can still get off a pretty serious pecking flurry.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-14 14:19:41  
Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:

Why are they using Seigan if a DNC is present? Hasso like a boss.
 Leviathan.Thornyy
user: Eriuddo
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2010-05-14 14:20:39  
Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said:
Any samurai should know atleast how to work seigan and third eye.
You are a mouthbreathing moron.

If the SAM needs to use seigan and third eye, you're not using your DNC properly. Adding another 10% haste to each of your DD via allowing them to fulltime hasso will far outdo any mediocre damage your weaponskills would.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2010-05-14 14:21:10  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:

Why are they using Seigan if a DNC is present? Hasso like a boss.

its PLENTY easy to switch between the two, even if momentarily

they both have 1 minute recasts >.>

flip up siegan if you take hate, then soon as hate is off of you then put on hasso
 Sylph.Kimble
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-14 14:21:13  
Well, to me, a good healer can heal while keeping haste, erase, Dia up, and good DDs will kill the merit mob fast enough to where they wont be in any real danger. I think most people seem to forget you can still third eye to save a hit.