フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » DNC stuff =D
DNC stuff =D
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-28 17:28:40  
Alexander.Varistor said:
It's so easy to sit back and say everybody should have capped ACC and get better DD if they suck, everything looks good on paper. Reality is, not everyone will have capped acc and such. In a pt situation, if people are missing then the pt as a whole is not doing as good as it could be. there is nothing wrong with throwing out a couple quicksteps to make sure everyone is hitting. I gear for haste, but as Kozuki stated, i swap in acc for all my steps and Desp Flourish. I guess we will all play the way we play and the OP can choose the style he likes from all of our suggestions.
It's also easy to get dds w/ capped acc. And if you have 3 dds, and only 1 of them benefits from the acc, chances are he's the weak link and you're better off using the buff the other two would benefit from.

It's like using madrigal in a pt w/ one guy w/ 80% hitrate and two w/ 95% hirate over a 2nd minuet (w/ 2 brds of course the other is singing march x2). You'll have people who don't benefit at all.

If you have three dds that are going to benefit, then yea, you have a fail party.
 Alexander.Varistor
サーバ: Alexander
user: Varistor
By Alexander.Varistor 2010-04-28 17:32:11  
That is true, Tiger. I guess you have to look at it as a whole. I was thinking of if all had trouble. I don't know. I don't even know where my ACC is on my DNC or my DRK. I have never taken the time to figure it out.
Edit: In a pt situation I never have expectations that I should be getting X xp/hr. I am just happy to be getting EXP and helping others do the same. The only time I think I am in a fail party is if I am losing more then i am gaining or people are dying more then the mob. Pretty easy to figure those ones out. They happen.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-28 17:35:42  
Need acc? Sushi or Pizza.
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-04-28 17:38:57  
If you're really worried about accuracy, can always get one of the impairs evasion dagger thingies from Magian. I kinda want one, or the defense- one.
 Alexander.Varistor
サーバ: Alexander
user: Varistor
By Alexander.Varistor 2010-04-28 17:43:05  
Thanks guys for the feedback, but i didn't say I had bad accuracy, I just haven't gone thru the calculations to see where mine is at. I feel that it is pretty good because i hit most of the time. it Seems the only mob I ever had trouble hitting on was Kirin. I do use sushi when i take DNC to EG events. i haven't even looked into the Magian weapons until i finish mine and wife's BLM to 75, then we will look into that, got some friends doing it and our LS will be doing VNM's as a shell soon. what do you suggest or feel is the best DNC dagger out there? Magian wise that is
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-04-28 17:43:27  
i want the OAT one but it took me forever to get a joyuese ; ; then again i can replace my Azoth w/ it for fun
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-04-28 17:48:40  
I'm currently working on the OAT dagger (killing Urds as we speak yaaay).... I'm excited. ; -;

As for daggers, right now I use Adder Jambiya/Joyeuse or Cinq/Joyeuse depending. Ermine's tail is a nice mainhand... the Magian ones are for the most part all nice and if you can I'd work on those and not worry about an AH dagger.
 Asura.Ladyinferno
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Ladyinferno 2010-04-28 18:00:21  
I would like to throw in a question about DNC :D

I'm wondering how you would rate the campaign gear, the Cobra set from Windy. I'm about to reach the level to use it, and i was wondering if its worth all the AN to get, or if i'll just be swapping it out soon for better?
 Sylph.Kozuki
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-04-28 18:08:40  
I'm getting dakini with acc/dex. I'm on the last trial with like 130 qutrubs left... ; ;... X_X
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-04-28 18:08:57  
Cobra Body is best by far. It's good when rap-harness kills your accuracy too much, and it's the best TP body for COR.

I use legs still in my Steps/Flourish macros and some WSes.

Hands/Feet are okay for TPing in for that level, but Dusk is an upgrade at 72 if you can afford it. Ok for steps until you get Etoile Feets, and still decent for DE if you don't have anything better. But loldncws. :<

Head is garbage. :x If you want that accuracy for steps get an O-Hat. O-Hat is also nice for an evasion set.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-04-28 18:10:01  
Sylph.Kozuki said:
I'm getting dakini with acc/dex. I'm on the last trial with like 130 qutrubs left... ; ;... X_X

Should've made an impair evasion dagger :x
 Sylph.Kozuki
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-04-28 18:13:09  
No thanks.
 Caitsith.Vahriel
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Vahriel
By Caitsith.Vahriel 2010-04-28 18:21:08  
Sorry about before saying how Desperate Flourish won't be used much, but, just as a personal thing, I only took it for PT Situations, chances are, at a low level (when youll have 2 DNCs in a party) you'll miss it, far from acc cap, IT mob, etc, etc. Soloing and what nots, sure, it's helpful, sorry for not clearing that up.

Not to turn this into a "Joyeuse - Yes or No" Thread, but I read someone saying not to use Joyeuse, personally, I do (until I get Athame) and I don't tell DNCs who don't use Joyeuse, to use it, I can understand why they wouldn't. But, if you have enough acc, DNC can easily pull of using Joyeuse, even with a D skill, we still hit accurately with it - with good acc gear/food/Quickstep/Phyrric. Whatever D:

Of course, with the HQ Athame, it definitely outdoes Joyeuse (though I think for lulz Ima still try Athame/Joyeuse, but my Brutal would be useless then q_q)

So, I don't think it's a good idea to say Joyeuse is bad don't use it - and don't hate on DNCs that use it - because, chances are, they have the acc gear to back it up - and have a good TP return ^_^

As for Quickstep vs Box Step, it all depends on the situation, as has been said, Box Step is probably better for a party situation - such as a TP burn or similar, however, Quickstep isn't a bad thing to use here either - all depends on what you're fighting, and your/other members accuracy and stuff - personally, if I'm in a TP Bird Burn, I will use Quickstep (why I'm not on SAM or BRD, I don't know) simply because, the added Defense Down won't really be needed on a bird, they have ***all defense anyway, that extra bit won't help it die faster than lower evasion would. Soloing, similar thing, gauge the monster, decide which to use. Stutter Step - good for Endgame stuff with Mages doing the most damage. I can't really thing of Stutter Step being used outside of EndGame whatnots.

As for Haste, or Acc Gear as a TP set - It's all personal preferance, play around with both, use your favourite - personally, I use Accuracy mainly, I find it actually has higher TP gain (as I said I use Joytoy, thats probably why) I do switch to Haste for Shadow recasts though, as expected.

As for saying that the Cobra Harness is the best - Etoile Casaque still outdoes it - if you meant the best from the Set, then yeah, but the best body for DNC - hardly. (sorry for being harsh D:)
 Sylph.Kozuki
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-04-28 18:27:09  
Mirke with acc +10 DW 3% is the best dnc TP body in the game.

Please don't use joyuese on anything above T.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-28 18:28:28  
Situationally
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-04-28 18:34:53  
Cobra is the best from the set is what I meant, and it's the best for COR--that alone makes it worth buying IMO. I still use it over Etoile because I'm never THAT boned on accuracy.... even with joytoy. :s Then again, if I'm playing DNC I have a BRD COR and a RDM all buffing me.
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-04-28 18:45:13  
i use joyuese on everything i fight. i havent had a problem w/ its acc at all yet.
Most recent ive been soloing the astrolobe NM and i have no problems w/ it.
0/7 ; ;
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-04-28 18:48:05  
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
i use joyuese on everything i fight. i havent had a problem w/ its acc at all yet.
0/7 ; ;

Pretty much if you can't use joytoy on something, you probably shouldn't be going DNC to that. It's accurate enough. Also *** Astrolabe... I'm like 0/3 but it's such a pain in the *** to camp and I have other things I needa do. ; -; (Good luck with that D:)
 Sylph.Kozuki
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-04-28 18:59:04  
I prefer to have 90-95% acc and higher attk.
 Caitsith.Vahriel
By Caitsith.Vahriel 2010-04-28 18:59:07  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Also *** Astrolabe... I'm like 0/3 but it's such a pain in the *** to camp and I have other things I needa do. ; -; (Good luck with that D:)

Agreed, I've given up on it, I think I'ma just hold out for Black Thatlum... so not gonna happen... q_q
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-28 19:00:27  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
0/7 ; ;

Pretty much if you can't use joytoy on something, you probably shouldn't be going DNC to that. It's accurate enough. Also *** Astrolabe... I'm like 0/3 but it's such a pain in the *** to camp and I have other things I needa do. ; -; (Good luck with that D:)

Get like me
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-04-28 19:03:47  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
0/7 ; ;

Get like me

Q_Q

Also I lol at Kozuki's futile attempts to be a DD :< Tigger is the one true DD-DNC.
 Sylph.Kimble
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-04-28 19:06:37  
Just wondering, is "LOLDNCDD" like "LOLCORDD"?
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-04-28 19:10:08  
Sylph.Kimble said:

COR can actually DD, DNC can't and shouldn't. :x
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-28 19:11:24  
Sylph.Kimble said:
Not rly. W/ brd, the cor isn't pulling. After they apply rolls, what else are they going to do, just sit there?

Dnc's tp is better used to healing and haste samba than dd'ing. Better to use dnc for support and keep the dds fulltiming hasso than it is for the dnc to be using saberdance.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-04-28 19:12:32  
Tiger explains it best. Even if the DNC tried to DD, pretty sure we would parse lower than a COR, too. Haven't really tried because I can't, etc.
 Caitsith.Vahriel
By Caitsith.Vahriel 2010-04-28 19:14:09  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Sylph.Kimble said:

DNC can DD fine ;_: personally... I play tank DNC, but if you look at say for example Ena on Caitsith, I would guarantee he can DD, sure, you won't be like a SAM or a WAR, or a real DD, but DNC can still DD ;_;

That's what makes DNC so versitle, the ability to switch from Tank, to DD, to healer with complete ease. I think any DNC should play any way that they want. ^_^
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-28 19:16:39  
Caitsith.Vahriel said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Sylph.Kimble said:

DNC can DD fine ;_: personally... I play tank DNC, but if you look at say for example Ena on Caitsith, I would guarantee he can DD, sure, you won't be like a SAM or a WAR, or a real DD, but DNC can still DD ;_;

That's what makes DNC so versitle, the ability to switch from Tank, to DD, to healer with complete ease. I think any DNC should play any way that they want. ^_^
They can DD, but our definitions of "fine" are going to differ, lol.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-04-28 19:21:21  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Caitsith.Vahriel said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Sylph.Kimble said:

They can DD, but our definitions of "fine" are going to differ, lol.

If it's not Tiger's MNK, for example, in my party, I don't want it. I'm not going to claim to be a DD--I will however claim to be a fantastic healer. :/
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-28 19:24:17  
Honestly, I won't even pt w/ other mnks 9.9 times out of 10