Best Possible Gear With Limitations And Why.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Best Possible Gear with limitations and why.
Best Possible Gear with limitations and why.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-04-26 22:52:26  
Bismarck.Altar said:
I don't think you'll ever be in trouble for killing an orange mob. Or even for killing a few of the gathered mobs. If you do something blatant like diaga the whole pile, then yes, that's Griefing.
While i agree that SE is dumb and have a lot of grey areas, they have been pretty clear with smn burns.

it is still cheap, this is why it is hard to find parties.
 Asura.Ericka
サーバ: Asura
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2010-04-27 00:15:43  
What about some sets that are a little bit more affordable?

some gear AH bought that does great dmg w/o the Expensive pieces.

Edit:

Also can someone post the proper Expensive gear sets? lol The sets posted seems to be all wrong according to most ppl. just wanna see whats the right way so we all can get an idea on how to gear up for w/e WS/TP~
And a side order of fries and a drink to go kthxx <33
 Asura.Armont
user: Armant
By Asura.Armont 2010-04-27 00:37:24  
Every RNG should be either /WAR or /SAM; /NIN is only used when you KNOW youll be tanking a majority of the time. As of right now all I ever use /NIN for is when I KC RNG, as WAR or DRG subs will surely get me killed.

When choosing the appropriate sub you have to determine what kind of things you'll be killing. Fairly low defense; sub SAM. Above average defense; sub WAR.

When subbing SAM you should at minimum have a 5 hit build. Using a combination of Mekki Shakki, Rose strap, Rajas ring, and Skadi pants; you can easily get a 5 hit build for HF+1 and Vali's. Assuming you're eating Pot-au-feu Id recommended filling the rest of your gear with STR/Rattack gear. For meat builds(Dynamis mostly) throw in some Racc gear; Skote in particular is very nice for this.

When subbing WAR(my preferred /ra sub) at minimum you should have a 6 hit build. I use Pot-au-feu or sushi full time with this sub in order to keep Racc at or near capped.

Not going to bother posting gear sets because it should be obvious on how to gear: first focus on your x-hit build(Sub dependent); after you've accomplished that attempt to cap your Racc(food is usually enough to cap this; pot for instanced events, sushi for HNMs/KC build); once Racc is capped/near capped try to increase your TP gain speed Barbut/Mirke; and then finally pile on STR/Rattack.

As for KC RNG you should focus on haste/acc + eat sushi. Also use a Martial gun as opposed to HF+1.

Bahamut.Stanflame
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-04-27 00:42:40  
Asura.Armont said:
Every RNG should be either /WAR or /SAM; /NIN is only used when you KNOW youll be tanking a majority of the time. As of right now all I ever use /NIN for is when I KC RNG, as WAR or DRG subs will surely get me killed.

When choosing the appropriate sub you have to determine what kind of things you'll be killing. Fairly low defense; sub SAM. Above average defense; sub WAR.

When subbing SAM you should at minimum have a 5 hit build. Using a combination of Mekki Shakki, Rose strap, Rajas ring, and Skadi pants; you can easily get a 5 hit build for HF 1 and Vali's. Assuming you're eating Pot-au-feu Id recommended filling the rest of your gear with STR/Rattack gear. For meat builds(Dynamis mostly) throw in some Racc gear; Skote in particular is very nice for this.

When subbing WAR(my preferred /ra sub) at minimum you should have a 6 hit build. I use Pot-au-feu or sushi full time with this sub in order to keep Racc at or near capped.

Not going to bother posting gear sets because it should be obvious on how to gear: first focus on your x-hit build(Sub dependent); after you've accomplished that attempt to cap your Racc(food is usually enough to cap this; pot for instanced events, sushi for HNMs/KC build); once Racc is capped/near capped try to increase your TP gain speed Barbut/Mirke; and then finally pile on STR/Rattack.

As for KC RNG you should focus on haste/acc eat sushi. Also use a Martial gun as opposed to HF 1.

creatr sets for us to see ***
 Gilgamesh.Kamara
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Kamara
By Gilgamesh.Kamara 2010-04-27 09:06:57  
lol ok....
Armont obviously knows his ***. So I'll go specifically /war and /sam. If you /nin alot your either a retard, in the wrong shell, or fighting certain H/NM. So there is no need to explain the noobness that is dual weilding axes...
(the bold/italics, for those who are lazy, is mine.)

Asura.Armont said:

When subbing SAM you should at minimum have a 5 hit build. Using a combination of Mekki Shakki, Rose strap, Rajas ring, and Skadi pants; you can easily get a 5 hit build for HF 1 and Vali's. Assuming you're eating Pot-au-feu Id recommended filling the rest of your gear with STR/Rattack gear. For meat builds(Dynamis mostly) throw in some Racc gear; Skote in particular is very nice for this.

Depending on mirke augments, feel free to swap in osode, and Mekki staff inplace of Vulcan's too complete a "# build"

/SAM 5HIT V.E.BOW TP <<< swap to scouts socks for TP+WS if /war. *note for /sam 5hit-this requires stp on mirke*
WS <<< swap to hachiryu hiadate for ws if /war.

/SAM 5HIT HELLFIRE+1 TP/WS <<< fine set for /war. Ratk+snap mirke.

/SAM 4HIT HELLFIRE+1 TP/WS <<< Stp+snap mirke.

These sets are only to give an idea of what to aim for specifically as a /ra ranger. If you don't have Mirke. Don't be a retard. Figure out your own set ups, through your own trial and error.

When subbing WAR(my preferred /ra sub) at minimum you should have a 6 hit build. I use Pot-au-feu full time with this sub in order to keep Racc at or near capped.

As for KC RNG you should focus on haste/acc eat sushi. Also use a Martial gun as opposed to HF 1.

In responce to the bolded: I would suggest new rngs to think of it in two catagories 1.racc cap. 2.ratk/stp/snap/-enm/rapid/str (in no particular order)

^
AFTER (near)capping racc from food, gear, or support. The rest of your set up is going to depend on the situation... Racc is a must, and after that, you gotta play with the rest of your "free slots" according to the mob you are pew pewing.

And anyways... merit/soon-to-be-exp rng seems likes its changing alot. For instance, if you swap HellFire+1 for the OAT.Dragonmaw in the "4HIT set up"... You have yourself an occasional 2/3HIT build. Potent indeed, no?
 Sylph.Shadida
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadida 2010-04-28 11:14:06  
I haven't read the whole thread but quick note about Armont's sets - I don't suggest TP in Skadi hands. I used to when I first got it but unless you're using a lot of other r.acc gear, BFG are way too hard to give up in that slot. On WS go wild, especially if you do end up making the WS.acc hat.
 Cerberus.Nexxus
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Orions
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-05-09 21:04:08  
For Sam sub, 5-hit WS,
i didnt tried it yet, hope to get skadi legs and mekki shakki soon ~ (cant acces to the head atm, but i personally use scout's beret to save money, gunner mantle only on low mob, and only for TP).

Crimson/Blood finger gauntlet are nice, except their hidden effect, you get intimided by Dragon mobs, and by ppl that wearing Crimson gears and Dragoon (not to often, but that happend sometimes.

So here a setup: (just paid attention to the Store TP gear ~)

On TP gear you can add ton of Ranged attack/STR gear, your accuracy still fine (thx accuracy bonus job trait), as for sidewinder, your accuracy could be terribly low, event with prelude you can still miss WS, dont go full ranged attack/STR.
I'm myself using valis bow, sea gorget, Anwig Salade (Ranged acc+10 att+5 WSacc+15, Behemot ring+1 x1/2~ (depending mob),full merit archery, and i still miss some weapon skills.

But i miss the Combat Caster Arrow too, i throw mine before the last update, and dont have enough point to get another one yet. (probably it's help sidewinder to land better.

As /Nin sub, i use Kriegsbeil and Fransisca for a little ranged accuracy upgrade without losing to much attack.
[+]
 Asura.Armont
user: Armant
By Asura.Armont 2010-05-10 09:17:26  
Please dont tell me you have actually bought Gunners mantle. It is never better than Amemet+1; it is also ~3x more expensive.
 Sylph.Oddin
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-05-10 09:27:29  
Cerberus.Nexxus said:
For Sam sub, 5-hit WS,
i didnt tried it yet, hope to get skadi legs and mekki shakki soon ~ (cant acces to the head atm, but i personally use scout's beret to save money, gunner mantle only on low mob, and only for TP).

Crimson/Blood finger gauntlet are nice, except their hidden effect, you get intimided by Dragon mobs, and by ppl that wearing Crimson gears and Dragoon (not to often, but that happend sometimes.

So here a setup: (just paid attention to the Store TP gear ~)

On TP gear you can add ton of Ranged attack/STR gear, your accuracy still fine (thx accuracy bonus job trait), as for sidewinder, your accuracy could be terribly low, event with prelude you can still miss WS, dont go full ranged attack/STR.
I'm myself using valis bow, sea gorget, Anwig Salade (Ranged acc 10 att 5 WSacc 15, Behemot ring 1 x1/2~ (depending mob),full merit archery, and i still miss some weapon skills.

But i miss the Combat Caster Arrow too, i throw mine before the last update, and dont have enough point to get another one yet. (probably it's help sidewinder to land better.

As /Nin sub, i use Kriegsbeil and Fransisca for a little ranged accuracy upgrade without losing to much attack.

Just curious. Why do you have Faith Torque as your TP torque? I'm hoping it's a mistake. Should be Hope Torque if anything.
 Cerberus.Nexxus
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Orions
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-05-10 14:10:18  
yeah, just a mistake, i put them both on the list, just the faith appearing. ;)
 Sylph.Shadida
By Sylph.Shadida 2010-05-12 03:25:58  
You do know ranged attacks and weapon skills can never be intimidated... right? And if your mages aren't idiots they shouldn't be curing you in crimson.
[+]
By Catsby 2010-05-26 15:01:40  
I generally shoot twice in this. maybe continually if the fight gets drawn out (ixion, vnms, etc)

then after those two shots I switch to this until I land on 100 or 101 TP

bottom row gets adjusted based on mob/food. jaeger/amemet, buccaneer/scout's, skadi/scout's, skadi/scout's

WS in this

again bottom row changes based on mob

will definately change TP sets once I finish Astrild and Goshawk though since they are build specifically for vbow. with the extra delay on astrild I probably wont need cobra harness but double attacking on goshawk I will.
 Ragnarok.Zirael
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zirael
By Ragnarok.Zirael 2010-05-26 15:31:27  
Asura.Korpg said:
Everyone has a general understanding of how a DD job works.

I wish to have advice from those who have it leveled, because they know the details of that job more than anyone else who can just look at wiki.

Experience helps. Thats why I'm asking for advice from RNG75s.
Yes, I see plenty lv75 people around who have great understanding of their job... :D If you ask for an eyeballed advice, I'm sure you'll get plenty of it ^.^
I'd say - play the job and see for yourself.
 Titan.Xantavia
サーバ: Titan
user: xantavia
By Titan.Xantavia 2010-05-27 18:20:25  
So for us poor, poor RNG who can't afford a Kirin Osode or get people together for ACP body, how does a Shikaree Aketon stack up (or should I have dumped that a long time ago)?
 Sylph.Oddin
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-05-27 22:24:35  
Save up and get a Kirin's Osode. It's only about 1.2~1.5M on Sylph at the moment. Not sure about your server but it should be around that. Or you could join a Sky LS and earn one. It's far superior than Shikaree Aketon.

ACP body shouldn't be that hard to redo either. It might take you awhile but you should try and find people for it. Yes you will probably spend a few hours shouting in WG for people but it's totally worth it.