Best Possible Gear With Limitations And Why.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Best Possible Gear with limitations and why.
Best Possible Gear with limitations and why.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-26 11:07:51  
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Because someone without Ranger couldn't possibly know how to gear it, amirite?

Strange, my ranger is soon to be 75 also. I ask the same thing please with out bashing korpg, since he freaking asked nicely for advice. Drac i am sorry you are looking to start ***, same with vegetto. Leave the dude alone, I am suck and tired of this ***.

You do not like someone just do not *** post.

Anyway, what set ups do you guys have at 75? I would love to know. Even though I know how to gear my ranger for 75, and what to equip it with.

Shut the *** up you dumb piece of ***. I don't have anything against Korpg personally but saying that people who don't have RNG75 shouldn't post is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Just because you don't have the job doesn't mean you don't know how to gear it. Do everyone a favor and shut the *** up for once.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-04-26 11:12:33  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
It really is the ideal exp method as SMN at least. Exp parties are painful on SMN because you're a secondrate healer and your avatars don't offer much to the party at all sadly. You don't get to fulfill your endgame role as DD on large, dangerous mobs until... endgame, really.

I'd rather cut the frustration for both parties involved (the SMN who has to curebot and the party who has to - frankly - take a job which almost wastes a slot in exp).

Yeah summoners need it, but like korpg said. If they want to burn maats cap go ahead. I have my way of earning it and they have theirs.

Still say it is a cheap way to get it. But your 12 dollars a month. Just do not want to see people with maats cap acting like they are the ***, when that is not the case.
 Fairy.Basilo
サーバ: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-04-26 11:12:35  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
It really is the ideal exp method as SMN at least. Exp parties are painful on SMN because you're a secondrate healer and your avatars don't offer much to the party at all sadly. You don't get to fulfill your endgame role as DD on large, dangerous mobs until... endgame, really. I'd rather cut the frustration for both parties involved (the SMN who has to curebot and the party who has to - frankly - take a job which almost wastes a slot in exp).

I agree with this, last job I leveled was 37 to 49 dnc only thing I had left to do. Obviously a good dnc with good gear sync 38-42 party east ron (S) can pretty much main heal. So when I invited a smn I told them dia1 1-2 cures and you can BP all you want. Its the only kinda party id of accepted whilst lfp lvling smn but never got. 15k an hour and you get to skill ups too. I think I did smn maat with 150ish smn skill.

So while I accept that its hard for a smn to want to take any other type of pty other then AFB when theyre pretty much restricted to curing only. I also regret smn burning smn still its like um... buying Pokemon and having 99rare candies straight away.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-04-26 11:16:33  
Fairy.Basilo said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
It really is the ideal exp method as SMN at least. Exp parties are painful on SMN because you're a secondrate healer and your avatars don't offer much to the party at all sadly. You don't get to fulfill your endgame role as DD on large, dangerous mobs until... endgame, really. I'd rather cut the frustration for both parties involved (the SMN who has to curebot and the party who has to - frankly - take a job which almost wastes a slot in exp).

I agree with this, last job I leveled was 37 to 49 dnc only thing I had left to do. Obviously a good dnc with good gear sync 38-42 party east ron (S) can pretty much main heal. So when I invited a smn I told them dia1 1-2 cures and you can BP all you want. Its the only kinda party id of accepted whilst lfp lvling smn but never got. 15k an hour and you get to skill ups too. I think I did smn maat with 150ish smn skill.

So while I accept that its hard for a smn to want to take any other type of pty other then AFB when theyre pretty much restricted to curing only. I also regret smn burning smn still its like um... buying Pokemon and having 99rare candies straight away.

I agree summoner has it hard, so when I see them doing it I can not really say anything. But there are different set ups where they do not have to main heal.
 Caitsith.Iphone
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Imola
By Caitsith.Iphone 2010-04-26 11:43:29  
Asura.Korpg said:
Do I think AFB are "cheating?" No.

Do I think AFB are "a pussy way of leveling?" Yes.

I don't see how anyone can say they earned a Maat's Cap if they pussyfooted (yes, that is a word) their way to it.

But then again, you work for your accomplishments, I work for mine.

Caitsith.Iphone said:
Here's a STP set for sam that I use.

It's mainly most rare/ex. I don't use bullets anymore since they get really expensive, but obow does the trick. I tend to /sam since it's quick TP, seigan works for short term tanking or if you get hate. It's fun, this setup is cheap and most items are easy to get.

Alternate for the head pieace if you can't get an SCNM group together, you can use Wyvern Helm, Hunter's Beret 1, and or Optical Hat works too.

For the legs you can always use Scout's Bracce. Hope this helps :)
Why would you use Hope Torque for Marksmanship? I thought you would want to use Faith Torque for that.

Let's not be a smart *** since your the one asking for ideas here on endgame ranger. Use your head, I just mistyped Hope for Faith since it was early in the morning when I read this. Yes it's Faith torque for marksmanship.
 Fairy.Basilo
サーバ: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-04-26 11:45:39  
Chill out lol Korpg wasnt trying to totally embarass you and be a complete ***.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-26 12:18:48  
I think he was more curious since Hope DOES have AGI on it.
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-04-26 14:39:21  
Caitsith.Iphone said:
Asura.Korpg said:
Do I think AFB are "cheating?" No.

Do I think AFB are "a pussy way of leveling?" Yes.

I don't see how anyone can say they earned a Maat's Cap if they pussyfooted (yes, that is a word) their way to it.

But then again, you work for your accomplishments, I work for mine.

Caitsith.Iphone said:
Here's a STP set for sam that I use.

It's mainly most rare/ex. I don't use bullets anymore since they get really expensive, but obow does the trick. I tend to /sam since it's quick TP, seigan works for short term tanking or if you get hate. It's fun, this setup is cheap and most items are easy to get.

Alternate for the head pieace if you can't get an SCNM group together, you can use Wyvern Helm, Hunter's Beret 1, and or Optical Hat works too.

For the legs you can always use Scout's Bracce. Hope this helps :)
Why would you use Hope Torque for Marksmanship? I thought you would want to use Faith Torque for that.

Let's not be a smart *** since your the one asking for ideas here on endgame ranger. Use your head, I just mistyped Hope for Faith since it was early in the morning when I read this. Yes it's Faith torque for marksmanship.
I think he was more curious since Hope DOES have AGI on it.
I hear that AGI has some affect on RAcc, and is also one of the modifiers for Sidewinder.

I wasn't sure if the RAcc + RAtt from the skill would be better or worse for Sidewinder than AGI. That is why I pointed out the Hope vs Faith in that statement.

I wasn't trying to be an ***, I really was curious. Since you pointed out that it was your mistake, I'm sorry if I phrased it to be an attack.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-04-26 14:46:02  
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Because someone without Ranger couldn't possibly know how to gear it, amirite?

Strange, my ranger is soon to be 75 also. I ask the same thing please with out bashing korpg, since he freaking asked nicely for advice. Drac i am sorry you are looking to start ***, same with vegetto. Leave the dude alone, I am suck and tired of this ***.

You do not like someone just do not *** post.

Anyway, what set ups do you guys have at 75? I would love to know. Even though I know how to gear my ranger for 75, and what to equip it with.

Shut the *** up you dumb piece of ***. I don't have anything against Korpg personally but saying that people who don't have RNG75 shouldn't post is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Just because you don't have the job doesn't mean you don't know how to gear it. Do everyone a favor and shut the *** up for once.

I did not say you could not post. Reading comprehension {Do You Need It}?

Judging from your rating you go for this post, seems you are the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE one.

I looked at two posts on the first page, with animosity towards korpg. It is most likely is reputation on the forums, but I knew he was asking a serious question. Even I ask such questions even though I know how to gear for a job I have or do not have at 75. I do not want to make any mistakes.

I said do not post if you "do not like someone" because I saw two responses towards KOrpg, as I stated already. I never said no one who does not have ranger at 75 should not post.

I said so what if he is not 75 he wants answers, he wanted advice. It is obvious he does not know much about ranger and/or wants to know before he is 75.

Cry more Drac :D
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-26 14:52:19  
And where exactly did I say I had anything against Korpg? Seriously, just stop posting. All I pointed out was that even though someone might not have the job leveled they could still know what to use. Rating means nothing at all, all you do is post nonsense and troll the forums. Maybe you should learn to read because neither I nor Vegetto said anything to bash Korpg in those first two posts.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-04-26 14:57:18  
And where exactly did I say I had anything against Korpg? Seriously, just stop posting. All I pointed out was that even though someone might not have the job leveled they could still know what to use. Rating means nothing at all, all you do is post nonsense and troll the forums. Maybe you should learn to read because neither I nor Vegetto said anything to bash Korpg in those first two posts.
Yeah it was an accident, forgot to stated it in the post I made. There you go, happy now?
 Asura.Despayn
user: Parhelia
By Asura.Despayn 2010-04-26 14:57:36  
Fairy.Basilo said:
Asura.Despayn said:
So you're saying if you SMN burn a Maat's cap, you're not doing it the "right" way? Care to explain why? I'd personally never burn a Maat's Cap simply because I don't want to dump that much gil into it, however I have nothing against people who burn their caps. Its called being efficient, but I guess standing around LFP spending hours upon hours and getting 2-3 levels a day where you could max out a job in a few days (if pulls are done correctly) is better. People who still think SMN burns are cheating need to realize that its not, and its not going away. However, something tells me something will be done when the level cap is raised...

Fkin turn this into weather astral burning is acceptable thread or not gowai with your preaching about how its perfectly acceptable. I didnt even wanna go there, you brought it in this direction. I didnt even say I gave a ***if you smn burn or not I just believe personally its cheating imo and I feel bad for rushing/wasting my smn by burning it. As for calling people with the opinion that its wrong, silly just because its not against the ToS is ignorant. Alot of unspoken rules in game are broken which warrant player warning threads but still arent against ToS, its no different.

I MORALLY BELIEVE SMN BURN IS *** CHEAT WAY OF DOING GAME AND REGRET SMN BURNING MY SMN.

Sry about agressive manner just pisses me off when someone jumps on their "smn burn pefectly acceptable" high horse the second something like this is said :
Asura.Korpg said:
Siren.Firewall said:
Korp does have a maat's so yes, that would be even better.
Nope, don't have it yet.
Siren.Clinpachi said:
lol no he doesnt someone reported him as having it or a mod messed with him.
Scragg or Jaerik. Either one, but I don't mind. I'm getting it atm anyway (right way, level grind).
Fairy.Basilo said:
Smn burning never crosses my mind sorry I really do forget about it, I admit I used it for smn 22-66 only but smn only. Wasnt rly a dig at korpg just saying 6000 post count ... Id put my money on him having cap If didnt know either way.
7437 posts (including this one) but nowhere near Ludoggy or Dasva.

If korpg also believes that lvl grind is the right way of doing it too thats his choice.

You're a *** moron.

Did you even bother reading everything I said before going into your little tirade? My money's on no.

I said there's no right or wrong way when it comes to leveling, in a nutshell. My point was that its up to you if you want to astral burn or not. If you do choose to astral burn, there's nothing wrong with it, and its more efficient.

But hey props to you. Reading is hard.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Dinarii
サーバ: Shiva
user: Dinarii
By Shiva.Dinarii 2010-04-26 15:35:47  
still sad to see that everytime afb is brought up someone gets butthurt beyond all belief. /shrug some things never change?

at least some of the ppl i used to argue with relentlessly are opening their points of view(flion, kudos to you)

/re-rail thread

seeing all this newer stuff for rng really has me jonesin for the game again haha. evil EEEEVIIIIL!

i'd seriously think about coming back to this game if it werent for the level cap increases they plan on introducing. i hated leveling to start with, im not going to enjoy 75+ at all. unless they're seriously revamp some stuff. even if it is in stages, mains... subs.... gah. hurts just thinking about it.

and screw faith torque...haha, only seen 2 or 3 drop, and always lost out to a monk.

im assuming you arent preparing a ranger zerg set for yourself? i havent looked at your jobs etc, and ranger isnt always prime choice for the matter.

and i agree with whoever said trial/error is your best bet. sub in different gear pieces with different foods etc. i agree that sushi is a waste, and didnt really come across pot au feu or w.e it is until shortly before i quit, but it's a nice food to use.

that new gun has me intrigued...
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-04-26 15:37:43  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Asura.Despayn said:
My point was that its up to you if you want to astral burn or not. If you do choose to astral burn, there's nothing wrong with it, and its more efficient.

It is up to you. You can rob a bank or not. There is nothing wrong with taking money from the rich and giving it to the poor, it is only right.
spiceyran is saying your logic is flawed. apply this to astral flow burn and how it breeds gimp players, or people who think getting maats cap faster will help them in anyway.. it means ***.
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-04-26 15:45:18  
Actually, in this game, there is a right and wrong. It's whatever SE says is right and wrong. Kind of like robbing a bank is wrong because our legal system says it is.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Despayn
user: Parhelia
By Asura.Despayn 2010-04-26 15:48:39  
Yeah Spicy.. that made no sense D: Robbing a bank is illegal, whereas there's nothing in the ToS about Astral burning.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-04-26 15:50:15  
Bismarck.Altar said:
Actually, in this game, there is a right and wrong. It's whatever SE says is right and wrong. Kind of like robbing a bank is wrong because our legal system says it is.
There are social rights and wrongs too.

Its those damn morals your parents taught, or neglected to teach you.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ericka
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2010-04-26 15:56:28  
you guys are so critical about everything ppl do thats not your standards.

its Taboo on FFXI to AFB.. ppl do it stop talking about, its not going away~

Why are ppl taking about AFBing? thought this was about RNG gears?

i wanna see some more gear set ideas.

[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-04-26 15:57:55  
I don't think you'll ever be in trouble for killing an orange mob. Or even for killing a few of the gathered mobs. If you do something blatant like diaga the whole pile, then yes, that's Griefing.
While i agree that SE is dumb and have a lot of grey areas, they have been pretty clear with smn burns.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Kamara
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Kamara
By Gilgamesh.Kamara 2010-04-26 17:20:56  
General rng sets coming up..
This is based around /sam 5hit build, but if you have all this gear, its easy to switch it up for /war or /nin.

TP
HF+1: Evolith with Marksmenship WS Rakt+10~12.
NQ behe ring: FOV in sky for +3 str.
Mirke: Ratk+10 Snapshot+5.

WS
Anwig: Ratk+5 Str+4 Racc+10 WS acc+15.

Caitsith.Iphone
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Imola
By Caitsith.Iphone 2010-04-26 17:59:46  
Kporg Clearly states not to have any Add on armors.... Here's a few a few different setups you can use depending if you have GIL, or an LS that can do SCNM, Salvage, HNM's, ZNM's

Pretty much Pimped out Marksmanship /SAM. If you have GIL.

Here's a Poor Man's Marksmanship /SAM.

Here's good build for /WAR. Unlike /SAM you want to stack on more STR and R.attack.

Here's for /NIN

Here's for KC/STP none VShot. Not a great of KC rangers but it works.

Hope this helps a bit, basically if you want /SAM have STP armor, if your /WAR go all full r.attack and STR, if your NIN, you can mix match between r.accuracy, and STR, if your going KC then have lots of +Accuracy.

As far as WS armor pretty much whatever you can rack up as modifier, and Breeze gorget helps, along with +AGI +STR +R.attack best to play with it whatever suites you or whatever you can get your hands on. Merit's play's a big role 5/5 STR, and 8/8 Marks or Archery which ever you prefer.

[+]
 Shiva.Dinarii
サーバ: Shiva
user: Dinarii
By Shiva.Dinarii 2010-04-26 18:32:12  
hmm... interesting sets you have there. i never really thought of the mekki shakki/rose strap bit for obow. althought with HF isnt it too much stp? dont remember the math sorry.

kclub rng was by far one of the most fun things i'd ever played around with haha. although, i used culv + c.shell/h.shell
 Asura.Armont
user: Armant
By Asura.Armont 2010-04-26 18:52:52  
Caitsith.Iphone said:

Hope this helps a bit, basically if you want /SAM have STP armor, if your /WAR go all full r.attack and STR, if your NIN, you can mix match between r.accuracy, and STR, if your going KC then have lots of Accuracy.

Please never give anyone RNG advice ever again. :\
[+]
 Asura.Charzue
user: CalmCCF
By Asura.Charzue 2010-04-26 18:54:33  
Seiryu's Kote or Skadi Hands for Slugwinder.
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2010-04-26 22:26:24  
Looking at this thread the most disturbing concept to me is the number of people who recommend wearing axes instead of vulcan's staff. I also had a few questions about Iphone's recommendations.
Caitsith.Iphone said:

Pretty much Pimped out Marksmanship /SAM. If you have GIL.
What makes you choose hachiryu legs over skadi legs here? And what makes you recommend skadi feet over scout's socks? Are you advocating one gear set for ws as well as tp with this build? That's the only way those two choices make sense to me, but I don't know why you wouldn't gear swap for ws.

Caitsith.Iphone said:
Here's good build for /WAR. Unlike /SAM you want to stack on more STR and R.attack.
I'm not sure I'd sacrifice 10 acc with the gunners mantle. Amemat +1 has almost as much ratk and added strength. Also depending on the level of the enemy you're fighting I think scout's belt can be a better choice than buccaneer's belt for tp (although both give very similar results).

Caitsith.Iphone said:
Here's for /NIN
I don't know why people keep advocating dual axe for /nin. Just because you can dual wield doesn't mean that it's better to wear two axes. Vulcans + grip will still win as long as your build has sufficient acc (which can be done mostly through pot-au-feu). Also /nin doesn't mean that you need more acc so i'm not sure i understand the use of scout's legs here. I'd go for skadi legs, rose strap, and a brutal during tp if you want to use bow so that you can keep your 6 hit.
Caitsith.Iphone said:
I'm not a KC rng but the way I understood the build for this you want to maximize melee accuracy and haste. I think you'd want to avoid wearing -acc gear and consider adding some dusk/turban/swiftbelt/snipers to your build.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-04-26 22:29:23  
The above is all very true. Gunner's Mantle in particular is absolute trash.